Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Holy poo poo y'all that character is fun. Controllers (stun anyhow) are awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

quote:

[20:10] Irony Man@LordSaturn: haha I think these assholes are roleplay dueling
[20:10] Arborean@Mewnie: where is this
[20:10] Irony Man@LordSaturn: milcit 3
[20:10] Irony Man@LordSaturn: rencen
[20:11] Arborean@Mewnie: and one is being chased by a tiny furry
[20:11] Arborean has joined The Supergoons.
[20:12] Irony Man@LordSaturn: that's just background noise to me at this point
[20:12] Photonix@whaaaat: lord, please don't tell me somebody's RPing as a pet
[20:12] Arborean@Mewnie: Yes
[20:12] Arborean@Mewnie: Yes they are
[20:13] Irony Man@LordSaturn: awesome pubbie alert: Hen Masters
[20:13] Photonix@whaaaat: why does it have a diaper WHY AM I ASKING QUESTIONS I DO NOT WANT ANSWERS
[20:13] Irony Man@LordSaturn: because she's a PUP uwu
[20:14] Arborean@Mewnie: Jesus Christ it is why
[20:15] Arborean@Mewnie: Also what a terrible redblack costume
[20:16] Irony Man@LordSaturn: that's the free space on this particular bingo card
[20:17] Arborean@Mewnie: President of the Moebius Company. Once His has been Murder by the Mysterious Villian.
[20:18] Gardensnake@whaaaat: that was so stupid it made my client crash
[20:18] Arborean@Mewnie: So He put all of his Resources and Turn Himself in to a Cyborg. To extended hs life and find the Villian.
[20:19] Arborean@Mewnie: I guees if you wanted to turn yourself into a fat cyborg bear.
[20:19] Arborean@Mewnie: An actual bear.
[20:21] Arborean@Mewnie: Oh now there is a human Sakura throwing water ballons at the furry diaper Sakura.
[20:21] Gardensnake@whaaaat: Strange, but oddly satisifying

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Wanna see that Hen Masters (if it's not part of the creep-fest), it would go great with this:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Hen Masters was pretty great and someone I met in an alert, yellow gi with feather shoulders and the robo-lizard bits. Should have taken a screenie but people disappear so fast after alerts...

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So I decided to activate my sub to this again and I'm having huge problems, I can't create characters even though I have slots free, all sorts of costume packs that I bought are showing up as not being bought, etc. Is this typical? I'm contacting customer support but I'm not too hopeful right now. :(

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I had pretty good luck with customer support when I needed to find my lifetime-enabled account after the PWE changeover. I mean, it takes them a day or two, but they seem pretty much on-the-ball - I imagine their density of calls is lower than a newer, bigger title, so you don't get triaged as hard.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

jjac posted:

Wanna see that Hen Masters (if it's not part of the creep-fest), it would go great with this:

Holy poo poo this is loving amazing. :allears:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So I decided to activate my sub to this again and I'm having huge problems, I can't create characters even though I have slots free, all sorts of costume packs that I bought are showing up as not being bought, etc. Is this typical? I'm contacting customer support but I'm not too hopeful right now. :(

The last major patch kinda broke a lot of poo poo like this, so yes you're probably going to need help from support staff.

Mamushi, my martial artist control/support character, is now 40. Presence is 705, stun duration is 15 seconds (17 seconds in alerts). I think they quietly nerfed Ebon Sigils, because I'm "only" getting -45% damage per sigil, I need to check this a little closer. Overall I am really pleased, I had wanted to make some kind of martial arts support character for a long time and this came out pretty awesome. I still don't really know what I'm going to do with my final power choice and 4 advantage points. TK maelstrom still often wrecks my FPS (and probably a lot of people I team with) but it recharges in 5.4 seconds and stuns up to 5 targets in a 25 foot radius so that's not a very bad downside.

e: went with Aura of Radiant Protection (+131% resist all for teamies) for times I'm feeling more laid back and lazy.

quote:

PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...4030nOI2Wvf0cjL

Name: Mamushi

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Powers:
Level 1: Righteous Fists
Level 1: Crashing Wave Kick (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Smoke Bomb Lunge
Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Manipulator
Level 14: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Sigils of Ebon Weakness (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
Level 32: Rebirth
Level 35: Divine Renewal
Level 38: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Teleportation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Flight

Specializations:
Presence: Dominion (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (2/3)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Stalling Tactics (3/3)
Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 21, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ultimate alert jackpot:

e: vvv I think it was pyramid power, yeah

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 21, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Flesh Forge posted:

Ultimate alert jackpot:

It entirely depends. Was it Rad Rumble or Pyramid Power?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I figured out a build I like for Earth Form, though I'm still kind of fleshing it out as I go. It will be based firmly on Heavy Weapons and add various elemental powers for flavor/synergy.

Questions I'm still answering:

I already have a STR/Warden/Vindicator guy, I'd kind of like to at least have a different main superstat here. Any recommendations there? Obviously I still need to spike STR for damage purposes.

My current plan for innate passive is Thermal Reverberation, which can trigger off advantaged Eruption. Has anyone tried that? I'd probably wind up taking Flashfire or something to make it easier to work. Is there a better choice for innate passive?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

The Thermal Reverberation idea is good, but from my experience the Clinging Flames off Eruption is prone to not activating when you really want it to.

If you still want to pump strength but don't want to make it your primary, you could always just primary a stat that has specialization skills that are based off of secondary stats. I think the Int tree has one that increases the bonuses of your secondary stats by 20% or something, which would work well with that approach.

Don't know what to say about Ward/Vin though. You could do brawler or something :shrug:

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Do brimstone+advantage instead of eruption. It's actually a much faster alternative to using Pyre, though it has an internal cooldown. It's sort of like a halfway point between Pyre and Flashfire in that sense.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'll probably wind up with anything in Heavy Weapons or Earth that can cause Clinging Flames, but it's damned hard to tell what will and what won't. :(

Wait a minute - do Enlightened and Expertise stack? THAT sounds fun. :)

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Wow, so I finally got a reply for my costume sets being missing and PWE says that they don't know if I bought them or not and that I will just have to buy them again. :negative:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Wow, so I finally got a reply for my costume sets being missing and PWE says that they don't know if I bought them or not and that I will just have to buy them again. :negative:

Hahaha that is a new level of :cryptic: :stare:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PWE isn't Cryptic. They're way worse.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Auras are on the test server, so I made a video showing them off with the new aura tab and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RVW1YlJp1o

If you find my horrible nerd voice annoying, here's the important bits:

- Auras are in the Z-Store and the Q-Store, some drop from enemies
- You can have up to 4 of each type of aura slot (always on and combat only) for a total of 8 auras at once.
- Most of them are colorable but some are not. If it's black(black krackle) or white(snowflakes) you can't change it.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Flesh Forge posted:

The last major patch kinda broke a lot of poo poo like this, so yes you're probably going to need help from support staff.

Mamushi, my martial artist control/support character, is now 40. Presence is 705, stun duration is 15 seconds (17 seconds in alerts). I think they quietly nerfed Ebon Sigils, because I'm "only" getting -45% damage per sigil, I need to check this a little closer. Overall I am really pleased, I had wanted to make some kind of martial arts support character for a long time and this came out pretty awesome. I still don't really know what I'm going to do with my final power choice and 4 advantage points. TK maelstrom still often wrecks my FPS (and probably a lot of people I team with) but it recharges in 5.4 seconds and stuns up to 5 targets in a 25 foot radius so that's not a very bad downside.

e: went with Aura of Radiant Protection (+131% resist all for teamies) for times I'm feeling more laid back and lazy.
If you want to keep allies alive, consider getting Mindful Reinforcement. It hits instantly (unlike the Force shield), and if the target stops taking damage, they'll get healed to full after a bit. Mindful Reinforcement and a channel heal (i.e. Celestial Conduit, Empathic Healing) are pretty much all you need to make anyone (including yourself) unkillable by anything but Gravitar chain-cascade spam.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

After some more loving around with auras, I found that if you use the same one in different colors (ex: Krackle Torso in red and Krackle Torso in blue) only the first one of them works. But if you use different body part slots(ex: Krackle Torso and Krackle Aura) then they both get applied.

That's Hands/Torso/Head/Aura all with different colors applied.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

If you want to keep allies alive, consider getting Mindful Reinforcement. It hits instantly (unlike the Force shield), and if the target stops taking damage, they'll get healed to full after a bit. Mindful Reinforcement and a channel heal (i.e. Celestial Conduit, Empathic Healing) are pretty much all you need to make anyone (including yourself) unkillable by anything but Gravitar chain-cascade spam.

Frankly for that character, anything but Gravitar is simply not a threat. Oh I guess the Shadow Colossi count that way too. Sentinel Mastery is really good.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Kelp Plankton posted:

Auras are on the test server, so I made a video showing them off with the new aura tab and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RVW1YlJp1o

If you find my horrible nerd voice annoying, here's the important bits:

- Auras are in the Z-Store and the Q-Store, some drop from enemies
- You can have up to 4 of each type of aura slot (always on and combat only) for a total of 8 auras at once.
- Most of them are colorable but some are not. If it's black(black krackle) or white(snowflakes) you can't change it.

Your voice is perfectly okay. And thanks for the the preview, I thought this stuff was still mired somewhere deep in limbo of 'in the near future.'

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

This auras thing is going to be AWESOME. I never did like Electric Form's FX but it has great mechanics. You want to be a "fire tank", you can take Defiance and have a fiery aura. All that kind of poo poo will be so much nicer.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Are they removing the effects from forms entirely then?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Allatum posted:

Are they removing the effects from forms entirely then?

Yeah, any existing passives with visual effects are losing them and those are being turned into auras instead. If you're really married to one of those auras, though, every character(not account- this is per character) gets a single Aura Token for free that you can use to get a free Legacy Aura. Legacy Auras are, of course, the ones from powers, and also available for Questionite. All the outright new auras are in the Zen store.

Also: It's not clear how additional aura slots unlock right now but I'm betting it's a zen store thing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Legacy Auras are, of course, the ones from powers, and also available for Questionite. All the outright new auras are in the Zen store.

Just once I'd like to see the Questionite store get something actually appealing. Just to see what it'd do to the Q:Z exchange.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
http://primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=Caliga

So I came across a hero that I noticed had a rather unique helmet.

Can anyone tell me what it is?

Oh wow, never mind. I need to get a LTS for that. gently caress that poo poo.

jerichojx fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 22, 2013

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Hahaha holy poo poo Caliga has fanart of himself. Like, a LOT of fanart :stare:

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
That guy has a poo poo ton of armor pieces I don't have

What shoulders are those?

jerichojx fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 22, 2013

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Those are from the Nemcon guys, I think they can drop off of any Nemcon mob.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Hyperdimensional_Shifthopper_Armbands

Aww turds.

This is no longer droppable.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Through Legacy Salvage shops?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Haven't really been keeping up with Champs stuff since my computer got screwed up and is in repair, but:

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, any existing passives with visual effects are losing them and those are being turned into auras instead. If you're really married to one of those auras, though, every character(not account- this is per character) gets a single Aura Token for free that you can use to get a free Legacy Aura. Legacy Auras are, of course, the ones from powers, and also available for Questionite. All the outright new auras are in the Zen store.

Also: It's not clear how additional aura slots unlock right now but I'm betting it's a zen store thing.

All I can say to this is yessss.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I have a hunch those legacy auras will be character bound, since every character is (at this point) issued a free aura token at creation - why wouldn't you just create a newbie, buy the aura, trade the aura via whatever (shared bank slot, aura storage?) and then delete the newbie and repeat? That's actually be fine with me since I'm not super keen on farming up some currency or other just to get FX on my character but I suspect it's not going to work out that way.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 23, 2013

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...L0011F03bIm09gO

Name: Monarch

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Master
Level 6: Acrobat
Level 9: Accurate
Level 12: Boundless Reserves
Level 15: Agile
Level 18: Enduring
Level 21: Energetic

Powers:
Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Defiance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Mighty Leap (Crippling Challenge)
Level 8: Uppercut (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Enrage (Endorphin Rush, Giant Growth)
Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Sparkstorm (Rank 2, Electric Personality, Challenging Strikes)
Level 20: Lightning Storm (Rank 2, Stolen Thunder)
Level 23: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Masterful Dodge
Level 29: Ascension
Level 32: Energy Shield (Laser Knight)
Level 35: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 38: Unleashed Rage

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Heroic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Lightning Flash (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

THis is what my new Might Elec character looks like. I feel Defiance is kinda weak though. Do I need Bionic Shielding?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

:stare:

Holy poo poo, they actually did it.

So this means I can have sfx-less passives too :toot:

This is gonna be great.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Flesh Forge posted:

I have a hunch those legacy auras will be character bound, since every character is (at this point) issued a free aura token at creation - why wouldn't you just create a newbie, buy the aura, trade the aura via whatever (shared bank slot, aura storage?) and then delete the newbie and repeat? That's actually be fine with me since I'm not super keen on farming up some currency or other just to get FX on my character but I suspect it's not going to work out that way.

Auras bought with free tokens are character-bound, yeah. Cash shop ones are account-bound instead and I think questionite ones are also account-bound, but I couldn't test it to make sure.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

:black101:

Grinding Q for these is gonna suuuuuuuuck :suicide:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Ok, question on specialization trees: for the two role trees, are they always in effect no matter what role you have selected? Like if you choose the ranged/tank tree and use the ranged damage role, are the effects from the tree still on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ok, question on specialization trees: for the two role trees, are they always in effect no matter what role you have selected? Like if you choose the ranged/tank tree and use the ranged damage role, are the effects from the tree still on?

Yes and no. Some particular things in those trees will specify that you need to be in X role to get Y effect, and that otherwise you will get Z effect instead when you are in another role.

Read the descriptions and you'll be fully informed. If it doesn't specify, they should work all the time.