Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Son of a bitch. An F-Type coupe?

I'm not sure I can take much more of this hatchy RWDy goodness.

This is loving gorgeous! I never in my right mind imagined I would drive a Jag until now. It was always M3, 911 or RS5 until loving now. The very taillights make me feel like I'm looking into the eyes of a Jaguar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Yeah me too, I'm really warming up to the "new" Jaguar. I've always thought I'd buy a Cayman/911/M3 when I have the budget for it, but goddamn if that F-Type Coupe isn't gorgeous and appealing.

Of course, will the Jag be anywhere near as solid as a Porsche or BMW to own? I really don't know what the quality is like on the new Jags, anyone know?

Guinness fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 21, 2013

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cat Terrist posted:

Seen the path Subaru are taking lately?

Yeah, the manual will probably only be available on the base model. Adding any options will make the CVT standard.

LtDansMagkLegs
Jul 23, 2013
In more Nissan news a couple new models they showed at LA:

Sentra Nismo

Looks aside, seems decent on paper

240hp/240tq, 6 speed, 19" Rays, Brembos, a real LSD, Leather & Alcantara Recaros

Juke Nismo RS

Not many big changes from the original Nismo. Power is up to 215hp/210tq, same Recaro's from the Sentra. FWD model has a LSD now. Still no AWD w/ a manual.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You Am I posted:

Hey, I heard Saab is coming back

to make sure the gates are well and truly locked to their old manufacturing plant

Nahh. The Chinese NEVS made a 9-3 the other month. They've already tripled production from 2012.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

fknlo posted:

Yeah, the manual will probably only be available on the base model. Adding any options will make the CVT standard.

Nope, manual on all trims, with the STI still being manual only like Glob intended.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
n/m

Hog Obituary fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 21, 2013

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

LtDansMagkLegs posted:

Sentra Nismo

240hp/240tq, 6 speed, 19" Rays, Brembos, a real LSD, Leather & Alcantara Recaros

Juke Nismo RS

Not many big changes from the original Nismo. Power is up to 215hp/210tq, same Recaro's from the Sentra. FWD model has a LSD now. Still no AWD w/ a manual.

Well, I'll be damned if those aren't some nice man transporting vehicles. Plus the seats in that sentra, poo poo

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
I wonder if the EJ25 being carried over from the current generation is the reason behind the lower power output from the new FA20. I was under the impression that we should expect 280-290hp from the new 2.0L WRX.

I am excited to see how much the handling has improved with their repositioning of the clutch and differential. Hopefully it mitigates some of the oversteerundersteer that the WRX is famous for.

LtDansMagkLegs posted:

Sentra Nismo

What engine are they using for this? That power output seems pretty lofty for their 1.6L engine, and I don't recall Nissan having a large displacement turbo engine available.

oRenj9 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 21, 2013

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The 370 V6 I think I saw on auto blog.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Laserface posted:

The 370 V6 I think I saw on auto blog.

autoblog says turbo inline 4. It gets the brakes from the 370 though.

LtDansMagkLegs
Jul 23, 2013

oRenj9 posted:

What engine are they using for this? That power output seems pretty lofty for their 1.6L engine, and I don't recall Nissan having a large displacement turbo engine available.

This is the quote from the press release for the Sentra:

Nissan PR posted:

While production 2014 Sentras combine responsive acceleration with excellent fuel efficiency from a 130-horsepower 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine, the Sentra NISMO Concept borrows technology from the new JUKE NISMO RS's DOHC 16-valve, turbocharged, intercooled, sequential Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG) equipped 4-cylinder, enlarged to 1.8 liters. The NISMO-tuned engine produces an estimated 240+ horsepower and more than 240 lb-ft of torque

LtDansMagkLegs fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 21, 2013

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

oRenj9 posted:

I am excited to see how much the handling has improved with their repositioning of the clutch and differential. Hopefully it mitigates some of the oversteer that the WRX is famous for.

Ummm..... WRX's oversteer famously???? Coulda fooled me.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

oRenj9 posted:

Hopefully it mitigates some of the oversteer that the WRX is famous for.

What?

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
gently caress, I meant understeer, sorry.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

oRenj9 posted:

I wonder if the EJ25 being carried over from the current generation is the reason behind the lower power output from the new FA20. I was under the impression that we should expect 280-290hp from the new 2.0L WRX.
Did anyone say it would be the EJ25? Maybe the reason for the delay between WRX and STI is so they can do a bored and stroked FA20.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Those are some nice looking seats, sounds like a fun screamer on paper at least.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
It's not going to be the EJ25. The EJ is dead.

Also, Subaru...what the gently caress?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/subarus-levorg-prototype-is-the-2015-wrx-wagon-of-your-dreams-2013-tokyo-auto-show/

quote:

Folks, what we have here is an honest-to-goodness 2015 WRX in wagon duds.

This isn’t hyperbole, either. We’re not suggesting the Levorg is like a WRX—it straight up is a WRX, well, sort of. Subaru tells us the two cars share a lot, an idea that’s backed up by browsing the pair’s specifications. The Levorg’s dimensions mirror those of the WRX sedan (itself an adaptation of the lowly Impreza), but it is slightly narrower—it lacks the WRX’s flared fenders—and is 3.7 inches longer thanks to its cargo-swallowing butt. The front fascia, grille, headlights, and hood are identical to the WRX’s units, and the Levorg’s wraparound taillight design follows the WRX sedan’s look, as well. The story is the same inside, where the WRX’s upscale version of the humble Impreza’s interior looks to have been carried over untouched, flat-bottom steering wheel and all.

The up-level engine is the sweetheart, though: It is a direct-injection, turbocharged 2.0-liter boxer four that spits out 296 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. That’s a significant 28 horsepower and 37 lb-ft more than the WRX, meaning we could be getting our first look at the upcoming WRX STI’s motor.

Yet, THIS one is CVT only. I don't get you sometimes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

It's not going to be the EJ25. The EJ is dead.

That's what makes me anxious for Detroit and the STI unveiling, we have yet to see a FI FC25. Could be interesting.

mattmofob
May 2, 2005

DUCK
Levorg backward is Grovel
Is Subaru trying to tell us something...

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I can't look at the name and not see LaForge. Will it come in mustard and black two-tone?

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
They said the same about the FT-86/BRZ; but now it's a :airquote: Mazda Insiders turn to claim that the new MX-5 will weigh under 1000Kg. I want to believe :allears:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/261107/2015-mazda-mx-5-target-weigh-less-1000kg/

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I'm more inclined to believe that the new MX-5 will hit under 1000kg than I ever was for the BRZ. The base soft top NC with a manual is "only" 1125kg (according to Mazda's spec sheet) and lightweight materials and engineering have come a long way and gotten a lot cheaper in the past 10 years.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 22, 2013

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

fknlo posted:

Motor Trend says they expect 20% of them to be CVT, that's not too bad, right?

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
^^ That's probably better than the take-rate for the 4eat before they killed it.

bull3964 posted:

That's what makes me anxious for Detroit and the STI unveiling, we have yet to see a FI FC25. Could be interesting.

The FB25 doesn't have direct injection, so I wonder if they will debut it on the STI. If so, the STI is going to be a torque monster. I'd be surprised if it had less then 330ft lbs stock.

oRenj9 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 22, 2013

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Throatwarbler posted:

FUll details on the COlorado are out.

If I'm still living in this hellish northern climate and the trucks aren't blatantly poo poo I'll probably end up getting one of these with the diesel when it comes out.

I know that the modern full-size trucks from the American manufacturers are a much better deal than the over-priced and ancient Tacoma or Frontier, but they're too loving large. I drove a loaded Colorado for a year and while the typical GM build quality was a loving joke the size was great; full-size trucks are useless bullshit for the vast majority of people, bring on the modern small(er) trucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LtDansMagkLegs posted:

Sentra Nismo

I'm not gonna lie, this looks really nice.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Well, looks like there will be a manual with the Colorado after all.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/u...9-colorado.html

quote:

Chevrolet expects Colorado to be the most powerful truck in the segment, allowing owners to haul and tow more. A 2.5L I-4 is standard, and a 3.6L V-6 is available. Each engine is tuned, tested and validated for truck use, and each features direct injection and variable valve timing to make the most of power and efficiency. Each is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission, and the 2.5L is available with a six-speed manual transmission on extended cab 2WD Work Truck models.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Typhoon 2 please and thank you.

although they did roll that hopped up truck out a few months ago. Seems like every manufacturer is dipping their toes back in the fast truck market. Be interesting to see if anyone pulls the trigger. I know Ford has the Tremor but its not really crazy enough. Which is in itself crazy because its got the same power as a stock lightning but is lighter. However, in the intervening 10 years everything has gotten faster/sometimes lighter. I guess we'll have to see.

Xguard86 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 22, 2013

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xguard86 posted:

Typhoon 2 please and thank you.

although they did roll that hopped up truck out a few months ago. Seems like every manufacturer is dipping their toes back in the fast truck market. Be interesting to see if anyone pulls the trigger. I know Ford has the Tremor but its not really crazy enough. Which is in itself crazy because its got the same power as a stock lightning but is lighter. However, in the intervening 10 years everything has gotten faster/sometimes lighter. I guess we'll have to see.

It would be awesome if they threw the new twin turbo v6 in it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
More realistically how about an off-road trim like a mini-Raptor? Ford has proven that people love that kind of poo poo, it wouldn't cost them much to make and they can charge a nice little premium for it.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
the Raptor is CRAZY popular here in TX. They're cool but I kind of hate it because these things are used as commuter vehicles the majority of the time and it's kind of stupid because the compromises to street driving for offroad capable are never utilized where at least with a sport truck the improved suspension is going to offer better road performance even when you're not drag racing or competing in hilariously bad-yet-fun auto-X/track stuff.

Weird the lightning was so niche but the Raptor seems to have a lot more popularity.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xguard86 posted:

Weird the lightning was so niche but the Raptor seems to have a lot more popularity.

Full size trucks weren't status symbols back then. People actually used them for truck stuff at certain times in the past. It is really weird that sport trucks haven't come back big time with some of the stuff they're selling these days.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
IS 2013 the year of the Ute in North America?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

fknlo posted:

Full size trucks weren't status symbols back then. People actually used them for truck stuff at certain times in the past. It is really weird that sport trucks haven't come back big time with some of the stuff they're selling these days.

it also cuts some of the negatives of trucks like body roll and bad braking.

I still remember a dude at the drag strip that rolled up in a barely street legal lightning, towing a straight up drag car. The lightning wasn't that far off the drag car if I recall correctly and it was hilariously when he unhooked the trailer and just drove right over to the line to run the truck. Someone should put a trailer on a mustang and towe their drag truck to the strip.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Xguard86 posted:

it also cuts some of the negatives of trucks like body roll and bad braking.

I still remember a dude at the drag strip that rolled up in a barely street legal lightning, towing a straight up drag car. The lightning wasn't that far off the drag car if I recall correctly and it was hilariously when he unhooked the trailer and just drove right over to the line to run the truck. Someone should put a trailer on a mustang and towe their drag truck to the strip.

I love posting this picture.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Who ever said you have to unhook the trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ea7k3VAdi8

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I love posting this picture.

I can't find it right now, but I've definitely seen a picture posted here of a 911 towing a Cayenne on a trailer.

IIRC it was some high-end model like a Turbo or a GT3 or some poo poo like that, too.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Fucknag posted:

I can't find it right now, but I've definitely seen a picture posted here of a 911 towing a Cayenne on a trailer.

IIRC it was some high-end model like a Turbo or a GT3 or some poo poo like that, too.

Cayenne? That's chump stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I had a Hyundai Genesis for a rental car today, drove from Toronto to Kingston, ON and back. I was really impressed, it was miles ahead of the Sonata I had a few months ago, like you wouldn't have thought it was the same company that made them. It was pretty slippery on the 401 on the way back tonight, and the ABS worked really well. Stereo good, seats really comfortable, not a fan of the blue interior lights, but they weren't that bad. loving hell has it got some balls too, especially in the ~110-~160kph zone. Suspension was good, you could feel the bumps, but they didn't really upset the steering or chassis. The steering was nicely weighted as well. All in all, I'd say it's probably the nicest car I've ever rented, to the point where I'd put it on a short list of cars to buy if I was in the market for a big comfortable sedan.