Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
GAME ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, HOLY poo poo

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

muscles like this? posted:

I literally just screamed

I definitely did a "BARROWMAN!" with a fist shake.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHAT

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
HOLY gently caress

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Two weeks to wait, boo, but it looks it will be so worth it.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Merlyn's alive, and we get :flashfact: in two weeks.

This loving show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
RUCKUS STATUS: BROUGHT

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:
:argh::argh::argh::argh:
:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
BARROWMAAAAAAAAAAAANNN :argh:

Cancel Thanksgiving. I want a new episode next week.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I am 100% OK with any lame explanation they have for Malcolm surviving

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:argh:BARROWMAN!!!!!!!:argh:

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

I let out such a cry of happiness, and then he had thought all this year that Thea was his daughter... :allears:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

I am 100% OK with any lame explanation they have for Malcolm surviving

My money is on Lazarus Pit given who's been introduced of late but we'll see if the show will go there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I doubt it was something actually bringing him back from the dead. The way he phrased it made it sound like he just faked being dead.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

hcreight posted:

My money is on Lazarus Pit given who's been introduced of late but we'll see if the show will go there.

I don't think it's specifically going to be a lazarus pit but it's going to be some Japanese Unit 731 :techno: that functions the same way.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

I doubt it was something actually bringing him back from the dead. The way he phrased it made it sound like he just faked being dead.

Quoting from Batman Begins..

"But is Ra's al Ghul immortal? Are his methods supernatural?"
"Or just cheap parlor tricks to conceal your true identity, Ra's?"

(God, this show really is Batman Begins: The TV Show.)

I loved pretty much everything about this episode. I'm hoping we see off-island Slade by the end of this season.. The mud/facepaint mimicking the mask was a nice touch.

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

This is a stupid, terrible twist that undermines the whole plot and represents everything wrong with comics and soap operas and I am already over it because I want to see Barrowman chew the scenery all day long

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Yeah, he was in the League of Assassins, if anyone knows how to fake the dead, it's probably them. Oliver didn't have time to verify tha tMerlyn was dead. I figure that he just played dead and used a corrupt cop or other agent to disappear his body from the morgue after he'd been declared dead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HOLY poo poo YOU GUYS WHAT WHAT WHAT THE gently caress

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

This.

loving.

Show.

:stare::stare::stare:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm not sure what to think about the Thea twist, but gently caress, absolutely every other part of this episode was everything I wanted it to be.

I love this show. loving Merlyn is back, Slade is probably going to get Miracle, and every part of the Count Vertigo parts of this episode. gently caress gently caress gently caress. So good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This was right up there with the season finale for best episode of the series. Seth Gabel was fantastic and I really really really hope the Count's not properly dead cause they can't just let a villain so awesome go. Thea punching Roy was heartbreaking thanks to Willa Holland, Laurel went through an understandable arc and god drat those two bombs in the final scene.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That was some top loving notch television all around. Holy poo poo that ending. What a loving one two punch.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Um...What's going on?

Seriously does anyone even understand the myth arc here? Brother Blood, League of Assassins, Merlyn who's the actual villain here and how is this show going to juggle this many subplots together?

EDIT: Oh and Isabel Rochev too.

I'm so confused by this twist.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Um...What's going on?

Seriously does anyone even understand the myth arc here? Brother Blood, League of Assassins, Merlyn who's the actual villain here and how is this show going to juggle this many subplots together?

Brother Blood is a wildcard. But Merlyn and the League of Assasins share the same subplot.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I was expecting the show to drag out the trial and have it be the season finale.

Then I remembered what show I'm watching and HOLY poo poo they basically had the trial of the protagonist's mother as the B plot of the episode.

The Count was incredibly fun, but I was disappointed that they never really explained how he recovered from the Vertigo. Still, a great villain and a great plot. "Ipso facto..ARROW" was a great line.

I honestly expected that the Count would've laced his bullets with Vertigo, but I guess that's only Deadshot's thing?

When Moira got into the car, something felt off. When the driver said "not going home," I knew something was up. When he got shot, I thought "...couldn't be."

AND THEN.

I loving love this show.

Also, yeah, Thea told needs to figure out that Ollie's the Arrow.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I'm guessing Brother Blood will be the more immediate, direct villain Team Arrow will be dealing with for the time being while Merlyn will operate in the background and possibly try to confront and/or manipulate Thea in some capacity.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Merlyn is pretty clearly Arrow's Green Goblin?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

This show needs to stop having those pesky six days between new episodes. Goddamn, dudes

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I was not loving expecting that at loving all. Holy poo poo! I thought Barrowman was dead for sure.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Okay, here is my speculation.

Miraclo was derived from Lazarus. At some point since then the League lost their access to Lazarus, maybe it dried up or was lost in a disaster. Ra's has since aged and is ancient now and desperate to regain his youth. He'll even take an imperfect version like Miraclo. His child is in charge as he's grown so old and is spearheading efforts to save him. Ivo is working for him, which is how Sarah went from his crew to being an Assassin. He wasn't able to find the complete miracle formula so he's been extrapolating from what he has and getting agents to gather up specimens to experiment on. Like Brother Blood in Starling City, and probably the warden of Pena Duro in Santa Prisca.

The League trained Merlyn because they supported his desire to cleanse the city by amputating the rotten part of it, and also because they knew the chaos that would ensue would be the perfect cover for Blood's mass abductions. They may not know that Merlyn survived, so he may be acting as a rogue agent at this point.

No idea where Isabel fits in, or Slade if he's alive.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lost for words... :argh:

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I kinda want Malcolm to train Thea as his successor or something. I have no idea why Thea would want to (even after Malcolm reveals he's her father) but it would be a nice way to bring Thea into the actual superhero part of the show (because no way would Roy or Oliver even consider it).

Also goddamn this show is awesome.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
I like that idea. I'm not sure it makes any drat sense, but it would be interesting to pit a Speedy VS Speedy thing.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Axel Serenity posted:

This show needs to stop having those pesky six days between new episodes. Goddamn, dudes

I think you mean two weeks now.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Goddamn, somehow I didn't connect the dots as fast as usual. Dollars to doughnuts that Slade will be the fast to receive a new fancy version of the supersoldier serum, similiarish to the comics. Except way more awesome, because Arrow knows when to junk old ideas and do their own thing.

I never thought I'd be watching a legitimately great show where Nanda Parbat is an important ongoing plot point.

I do hope that Brother Blood isn't in league with the League of Assassins though; the show already skirts a little too close to Batman Begins.

Also, I'm deliriously happy that the show didn't give Oliver an easy way out regarding the Count. I was expecting a lame Dexter deus ex machina to fly in and remove the hard choice Oliver had to make.

I'm sad to lose the Count, but drat - one hell of an exit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

We lost the Joker and gained the Green Goblin. I think I can live with that?

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu
I really had no idea that Ra's was featured so heavily in this show. He's my favorite comic book villain, along with Talia (if the username doesn't make that obvious), and if I'd known he was actually doing stuff on here, I would have started watching sooner.

The Question IRL posted:

The worst part about it? She didn't even get a proper death. She effectively died off camera when she gets into a car that Cassandra Caine had rigged to explode. And it's done in such a way that you figure it is a double bluff designed to allow Nyssa to come back later or to have faked her death. But nope, that was supposed to have been her death. Of course this was during the horrible phase where Cassandra Caine was evil....'cause.
I know that you can never really trust comics art to be consistent, but my favorite thing about her death, apart from its obvious shoehorning in a story she didn't even belong in, was that she even looked nothing like Nyssa, as if everyone cared so little that the artist couldn't be bothered to find out what she even looks like. Also, what was up with those clothes? Nyssa looks eternally in her 30s and adopted the characteristic al Ghul cape when she led the League and looked badass doing so, but she shows up to die looking like a lanky 16-year-old with a ponytail and loving shorts. :argh:

If Didio weren't in charge, I would hope that this show generates enough interest in her that they bring her back in the comics.

Taliaquin fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 21, 2013

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So, we have

1.) H.I.V.E
2.) Brother Blood
3.) League of Assassins

all running around this season doing their own thing? I think the League and Malcolm aren't going to be the main baddies this season though, and are just laying the ground work for next season. H.I.V.E too I guess, but it's weird doing season four/five stuff this early.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I kinda want Brother Blood in the H.I.V.E., but that may be my appreciation for the Teen Titans cartoon talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cityinthesea posted:

I kinda want Brother Blood in the H.I.V.E., but that may be my appreciation for the Teen Titans cartoon talking.

Since that's my only exposure to either of them, I'm in the same camp.

Still, I can see Blood being part of this season and H.I.V.E. being later on.

• Locked thread