Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Feenix posted:

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm not loving my time with Excalibur and I have limited game time (wife, 11 month old...) so sometimes throwing money at the problem is the best solution.

So if I bought a frame with Plat, is it instantly delivered? Usable immediately?

Where can I read about Mag and Rhino?

You will get any plat-bought frame instantly, with the slot and potato. That being said, if you are going to buy a frame with plat, make it either the vauban (pain in the rear end to get normally), banshee (slightly less of a pain in the rear end to get than vauban, but also not all that great), or one of the 75 plat frames, which would be I think loki or mag. The 75 plat are frames are pretty close to being a decent deal because with the potato and slot both being 20 the frame itself only ends up costing 35.

However are you sure it's only the excalibur you dislike or the game as a whole? Switching to one of the other frames is not really going to drastically change the general play experience since you'll still be using your guns the majority of the time, and you probably don't want to sink more money into something you're not going to be getting a lot of use out of.

As for information on frames, weapons, mods, etc., just look at the wiki.

vvvv Potato means orokin reactor (for frames) or orokin catalyst (for weapons). Both do the same thing: double the amount of mod points a frame/weapon has, which is immensely useful. You can add them at any level, but they can't be removed.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I rather like the game. Just was a little bored by Excal's 4 skills.

I'll check Vauban. Rarity is cool but my biggest interest is a fun play style. :)

Thanks a all, for the info.

What is a potato?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Khorne posted:

Is there any way to bring up clan chat in-game?

Also, is the acrid worthless now? My sentinel appears to out dps it on the few enemies I've tried it on.

Yeah its damage is rear end. Maybe the damage type will be useful on a special kind of enemy or something? Or one of the toxin + other element combinations?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm not loving my time with Excalibur and I have limited game time (wife, 11 month old...) so sometimes throwing money at the problem is the best solution.

So if I bought a frame with Plat, is it instantly delivered? Usable immediately?

Where can I read about Mag and Rhino?

Excalibur starts a bit slow but he's solid with good weapons and skill use. Stack defensive mods, use a Slash Dash a fuckton and you'll have more fun with him. He doesn't really come into his own until you have him pretty modded out. Weapons make a huge difference too. Once you get a Kunai, Boltor, and a non-lovely melee weapon, he's much much better.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lawlicaust posted:

Excalibur starts a bit slow but he's solid with good weapons and skill use. Stack defensive mods, use a Slash Dash a fuckton and you'll have more fun with him. He doesn't really come into his own until you have him pretty modded out.

Last question. Buying a new frame doesn't lock me out of using my old one or it's progress, right?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Last question. Buying a new frame doesn't lock me out of using my old one or it's progress, right?

Nope. You can freely switch as long as you have open slots. You'll probably want to level as many as possible to increase your mastery (unless they finally change how it's calculated).

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Double post to say I'm doing some Jackal runs right now if anyone wants in. PSN: aDiscreteCoonjob

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
https://warframe.com/prime-access

Looks like they brought the 3 tier thing back. Are Titan Extractors any good?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Welp, figured out what was going. My Sweeper has around 40k damage listed on the character sheet. It apparently has it in-game as well.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I could be completely off base here, but it seems like they really nerfed AP/puncture as a damage type, but then really ramped up the vulnerability multipliers. If I'm not imagining things, I think they're trying to push puncture damage into a "bad for spray and pray but good for sniping weakspots" deal.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Khorne posted:

Is there any way to bring up clan chat in-game?

Also, is the acrid worthless now? My sentinel appears to out dps it on the few enemies I've tried it on.
There's a tiny chat bubble on the right side of the screen, click on that and you'll see a clan tab.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
2 questions:

1 - Where do my login rewards go? Two days now it's showed me a pistol as my reward but have nothing new in my inventory.

2 - Is there any way to clan chat on ps4? Seems odd that I can only message one person at a time...its gonna make grouping up kind of a pain in the rear end.

(Also on PS4 right now about to start farming jackal with some tasty whiskey at my side. Anyone wanna come along?)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Doji Sekushi posted:

2 questions:

1 - Where do my login rewards go? Two days now it's showed me a pistol as my reward but have nothing new in my inventory.

2 - Is there any way to clan chat on ps4? Seems odd that I can only message one person at a time...its gonna make grouping up kind of a pain in the rear end.

(Also on PS4 right now about to start farming jackal with some tasty whiskey at my side. Anyone wanna come along?)

You aren't getting a pistol reward, you are getting Pistol XP.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Tezzeract posted:

https://warframe.com/prime-access

Looks like they brought the 3 tier thing back. Are Titan Extractors any good?

I have an extractor building right now. They take 6 hours to build.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Doji Sekushi posted:

2 questions:

You probably just got the "XP for your secondary" award, not an actual pistol. It's kind of confusing, yes.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Vauban rockin' it with tesla grenades in the stealth mastery mission :getin:

e: you can only take one mastery test a day what the hell

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The art gallery is teasing some new weapons. Saryn's render has dual kamas.

e: Apparently the Tenno were Orokin explorers that entered the Void, came out twisted, and were given the Warframes to fight The Sentients. Excalibur has this lore entry, instead of a Warframe description, in the codex.

e: Valkyr has 200 armor and 150 stamina. :allears: Only 50 shields, though.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 21, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Yaos posted:

There's a tiny chat bubble on the right side of the screen, click on that and you'll see a clan tab.
I meant in the actual game. Like when you are shooting things. They removed the /c command and the chat pane only shows Squad and council. Why it shows council but not the other channels I have no clue.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
So, Acrid is bad, but unless there's some kind of massive display bug then pretty much all shotgun-based weapons are overpowered as hell. My Brakk now has a base damage of over 2,500, my Hek apparently has a 50% base crit rate and 95% with mods and then hits for like 2K before that, and Denzine and others (myself included) all apparently had our sentinel's Sweepers listed as being able to one-shot anything up to and possibly including Lephantis.

The last part is probably a bug, but it seems from the way they've redesigned mods that they definitely intend people to gravitate towards the elemental combo system in lieu of stacking piercing/impact/slash.

Also, if you have a base-elemental weapon, like the Ignis, and slot only the mod you want to combo with it, then (according to the UI at least, I didn't do any scientific testing) then the weapon's entire damage becomes that combo type. The UI is telling me that my Ignis is doing almost 400 blast damage per shot, and it's only level 14 - though in fairness, against 30-ish infested it seems to only be doing 60-80 a tick, but I'm not sure if that's because it's counting the additions from the mods as separate damage hits? The fun part is (if I'm understanding the mod multipliers correctly) that this also means that the full percentage of both elemental mods now applies to your baseline damage a la Serration / Hornet Strike.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You have to clear every node on a planet to send an extractor there. Glad the item description didn't say anything about that requirement. :geno:

e: Extractors have a 4 hour collection timer.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Coldbird posted:

So, Acrid is bad, but unless there's some kind of massive display bug then pretty much all shotgun-based weapons are overpowered as hell.

It's took a while, but I'm glad the game is back to the way it should be. 1k puncture, 2k elemental combo damage hek? Yes please.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
They named the new female warframe's ult "hysteria". Jesus christ, that's dumb.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
I just rhino stomped my way through that stealth mastery test. Rhino really IS good at everything!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Emy posted:

They named the new female warframe's ult "hysteria". Jesus christ, that's dumb.

Oh goddamnit DE.

That said, nobody else I've explained this to that plays knows why this could be taken badly either. It's entirely possible they don't themselves.

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
Can I get an invite to the goon clan? Same name as the forums.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Did they buff/rework ember and nerf mag?

Those are my only two frames so this is all that matters

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Small trip report:

Mag's Pull is insta-gibbing bosses. I hit it just as the cinematic for vor started and he flew offscreen, leaving a mod and a resource pack behind. I wanted to scan him but I was laughing way too hard to find him. Pull was doing shield damage on Jackal, and about 10 pulls killed him outright.

Green lasers no longer knock down. They do a lot of damage, but unless you're actively being shot, it can be pretty much ignored as you run through.

Every weapon is changed and most mobs are ridiculously under-health right now. Kill poo poo while you can!

If you're scanning things, stealth scans give more xp, but don't seem to fill the codex faster, I dunno. Someone more spergy than I can check. Also, don't scan boxes or consoles or breakable glass, because technically these don't do anything and they eat scans up. :DE:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'll trade stuff for Orthos Prime Blades and/or capture keys. Anyone interested? Will check back later tonight.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Fattest PI posted:

Did they buff/rework ember and nerf mag?

Those are my only two frames so this is all that matters

The damage changes would greatly affect both of them since armor got removed on lots of mobs.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 21, 2013

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Traded 75 plat for a fully maxed serration.

This is living.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You can do a badass little vault thing over small barriers that wasn't in the patch notes!

There's also scopes on snipers now.

Lanka:

Vulkar:

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Sighence posted:

Oh goddamnit DE.

That said, nobody else I've explained this to that plays knows why this could be taken badly either. It's entirely possible they don't themselves.

Yeah, that was my reaction when I saw it too. It's definitely something you kinda have to be looking for, but man. :ughh:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I don't know how any damage type interacts with any target type!

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

Traded 75 plat for a fully maxed serration.

This is living.

i'll buy it off you for 80

pure profit for you

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

chumbler posted:

You will get any plat-bought frame instantly, with the slot and potato. That being said, if you are going to buy a frame with plat, make it either the vauban (pain in the rear end to get normally), banshee (slightly less of a pain in the rear end to get than vauban, but also not all that great), or one of the 75 plat frames, which would be I think loki or mag. The 75 plat are frames are pretty close to being a decent deal because with the potato and slot both being 20 the frame itself only ends up costing 35.

For the record Mag and such are 175 on PS4. (Can't speak to PC...)
(Rhino is XP Locked.)

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Feenix posted:

For the record Mag and such are 175 on PS4. (Can't speak to PC...)
(Rhino is XP Locked.)

Excalibur, Loki, and Volt are 75 plat.

Volt used to be a starting frame instead of Mag :eng101:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Hysteria is a stupid loving name because it's got nothing to do with RRRAAARRGHRGHRRHGRHHRRR.

Also 75plat for a lv10 Serration is a steal good job.

edit: OH YEAH GUYS I ALMOST FORGOT Blessing has a loving damage cap now, making it largely loving worthless.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 21, 2013

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Apparently link no longer protects from knockdown or disruptor drain. Which are literally the only two cc effects you care about and slot the skill for in the first place. Looks like focus/blind rage/fleeting expertise energy battery is the name of the trinity game now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

To be fair, Hulk Hands is probably copyrighted. And I'm gonna be honest, as prone as I am to getting kinda SJW, naming it hysteria is pretty low on my list of things to get upset over, even with knowing why others are mad about it. Though it's still not a very good name when they could've just used like rage or something.

Also because I have more money than sense, I picked up the update bundle (thank/drat you platinum discount login bonus). I foresee many valkyr's sailing off to hilarious deaths because grappling hook has the same wonky targeting requiring too much precision that all single target abilities do. My initial impressions of the shotgun, pistol, and whip are that they aren't that good, though I haven't played with them much at all, no mods, etc. The whip has really jerky animations, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Sighence posted:

Oh goddamnit DE.

Maybe I'm overly focused on the historical and etymological angle. I still think it's dumb. Even removed from its historical context, it's usually used to describe some kind of emotional breakdown, with uncontrollable laughter or weeping. That is not what I want.

I want RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS.