Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Werthog 95 posted:

lol no way

yeah he got bought out by http://www.devolverdigital.com/

who also handle the later serious sam games as well as hotline miami and a few others

CraigK posted:

someone needs to explain to me how flexible funding is supposed to theoretically work.

say i make an indiegogo campaign for "help me design a sweet bitcoin mining rig" at $20,000. what am i supposed to do if i only get $12K? like, why should i give a guaranteed pile of money to a not-guaranteed chance of success? what's to stop the person who put the campaign up from saying "welp, poo poo happens" and buying 8 grand worth of weed and a four thousand dollar hooker?

flexible funding is intended to be used for projects where the project leader already has money on hand to do the project, but more money will help finish it faster or with more features, as well as acting as a sorta pre order system. incidentally, flexible funding projects on indiegogo have a much higher fee percentage to the site then a successful fixed funding (although if the flexible funding hits its goal, the higher fee gets refunded). its like 9% of the money taken in goes to fees as a flexible funding project, but only 4% for a fixed funding or successful flex funding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

“You had me at visual dialog,” remarked Devolver Digital CFO, Fork Parker. “We’re going to save a boatload of cash on localization.”

lol

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Fork Parker

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Digital Devolver loving owns

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Yodzilla posted:

idk

serious sam 3 was really bad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it appears that digital devolver is a producer with attitude

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

idk

digital devolver basically acquire games from people where they will help back all the extra stretch goals for a small cut of the profits, and the original owners get to keep the IP

can't expect hits from all of them, but it's really cool to see a company helping small fry's out

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

where's he going to park his fork today

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Migishu posted:

digital devolver basically acquire games from people where they will help back all the extra stretch goals for a small cut of the profits, and the original owners get to keep the IP

can't expect hits from all of them, but it's really cool to see a company helping small fry's out

pretty much

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

idk

that's only because Croteam seemingly got lucky with Serious Sam and Second Encounter and has been pumping out crap ever since

Shadow Warrior loving owned bones

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1157450346/why-we-wait

Why We Wait- A documentary focusing on the thousands of gamers who will take to the streets on November 22 and line up for the Xbox One

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

coffeetable posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1157450346/why-we-wait

Why We Wait- A documentary focusing on the thousands of gamers who will take to the streets on November 22 and line up for the Xbox One

quote:

In these lines bonds are formed. Human bonds of friendship and loyalty as members help each other stay warm and fed, or even reassured that the wait won't be for nothing. It is a rare thing to see in a world where most keep to their phones. The line equalises us. It is a phenomenon I wish to show you.

kill them then everyone then me

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

As a long time gamer, I

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
the line is good

THE LINE IS GOOD

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Yodzilla posted:

that's only because Croteam seemingly got lucky with Serious Sam and Second Encounter and has been pumping out crap ever since

Shadow Warrior loving owned bones

it's really weird and sad imo :(

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol the line is the wire of video games when people talk about it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
My name, Christopher Gilbert. My trade? Film production. When I was a kid I thought about two things. Video games and movies. Years later this path has led me to the opening of my own company, Badturtle studios. My hope is to soon be producing short films, documentaries and web series that you, the viewing audience can experience and enjoy.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

WorkingPeer posted:

is that game basically eve online?

it's wing commander and world of tanks and eve online and if you name it, chris roberts will promise it to you (for just $200 more!)

reminder: there are goons in the star citizen thread who have spent thousands of dollars on this game (which does not yet exist)

one of them has spent $11,180 of his retirement money on this

idk

quotin' a bad opinion here

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

whats the line

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

maybe i play these games v slowly but i got 2 hours in and was still stuck with the really awful shotgun and really awful pistol

it was ugly and the maps sucked more than my posts

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

god i hope enemy starfighter is good. all i fuckin want is a new xwing/tie fighter, none of this loving mmo 4x bullshit

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

god i hope enemy starfighter is good. all i fuckin want is a new xwing/tie fighter, none of this loving mmo 4x bullshit

it should add internet play support

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

PleasingFungus posted:

serious sam 3 was like 1/3 good levels 2/3 irredeemable poo poo and then capped off by one of the worst boss fights in recent memory

also i feel like croteam just needs to stop making their own engines because no one is ever going to license them and they don't seem to offer anything that the bigger ones do

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

PleasingFungus posted:

one of them has spent $11,180 of his retirement money on this

it's ok, he can simply retire to pretend space

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
and by space i mean a bus shelter

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it should add internet play support

is the msn gaming zone not good enough for you???

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
how about that starbound beta

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Dr. Honked posted:

it's ok, he can simply retire to pretend space

Yodzilla posted:

and by space i mean a bus shelter

so... a pretend bus shelter? :shrug:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

maybe i play these games v slowly but i got 2 hours in and was still stuck with the really awful shotgun and really awful pistol

it was ugly and the maps sucked more than my posts

honestly I thought the beginning section was OK but yeah, I can understand if you were stuck there why you might have a bad opinion of the game

:shrug:

Yodzilla posted:

serious sam 3 was like 1/3 good levels 2/3 irredeemable poo poo and then capped off by one of the worst boss fights in recent memory

also i feel like croteam just needs to stop making their own engines because no one is ever going to license them and they don't seem to offer anything that the bigger ones do

yeah the end boss was terrible

I got to it and messed around a little and then just declared myself done

gotta know when to call it a day.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

hubris.height posted:

how about that starbound beta

do the bird women still have boobs

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

tits on tits?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

PleasingFungus posted:

i dunno i just wanna play the game that was gonna be terraria in space in october sometime soon

i will deal with problematic sexism internally as it arises

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

hubris.height posted:

i dunno i just wanna play the game that was gonna be terraria in space in october sometime soon

i will deal with problematic sexism internally as it arises

yeah I don't really care, it was just the only thing I knew about space terraria (people gettin mad about booby boobs)

maybe it'll be good but it's intentionally modelled on terraria so I doubt it

we'll see!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it has till like december 10 before i declare it a lovely kickstarter

i will never crowd fund a game again this is game 3 that has not delivered. at least poe had something to play

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
what are the other ones you funded i want 2 laff

e: my shitfarter record is going strong :coal:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i googled starbound and all i found was some sidescrolling pixel poo poo with castles or houses or something. where's the loving stars

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

i googled starbound and all i found was some sidescrolling pixel poo poo with castles or houses or something. where's the loving stars

theyre bound and you have to free them dummy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
code:
Pier Solar HD an RPG for XBOX360, PC, Mac, Linux & Dreamcast	Funded	Wednesday Dec 5, 8:30am CST	$15.00 
(11/13/2012)	 Collected	 $15.00 - Pier Solar HD for PC, Mac or Linux. A Digital Do...
Rainfall: The Sojourn	Funded	Wednesday Dec 5, 8:32pm CST	$10.00 
(11/06/2012)	 Collected	 $10.00 - Perfect! You just preordered the PC game! You'll...
Project Eternity	Funded	Tuesday Oct 16, 8:00pm CDT	$25.00 
(10/11/2012)	 Collected	 $25.00 - DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF PROJECT ETERNITY. T...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

all the planets are in space. there are an infinite number of sidescrolling pixel planets. in space.

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
pier solar is a really horrible game fyi

• Locked thread