Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, any special sweeper worth their salt is packing one of those two, meaning if Hoopa's not Fast as hell He's Dead.

Kyogre packs neither :colbert:.

OU is another story though (it would take something crazy to make this thing Ubers suspect I dunno).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Are you sure about that stat order? Because here's an image from the same site comparing Diancie to Carbink:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

There's no way that little guy is getting into OU with a quad weakness to both pursuit and shadow ball. Just leaves more Hoopa for the better tiers anyway!

E:
^^^^The dream is dead

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

John Carstairs posted:

Are you sure about that stat order? Because here's an image from the same site comparing Diancie to Carbink:

Ah, my bad. Japan uses those letters for the stats, but in competitive it's listed as "H A D B C S" normally. It's not uncommon for them to rearrange them alphabetically because ~english~, but they don't usually switch the references.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
They sure are giving a huge boost in necessity to Dark and Steel type offensively. With the combos of Rock/Fairy and Ghost/Psychic Bisharp is gonna have a fuckin' field day this generation. (I'm not knockin' that...he's actually one of my favorites.)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Emalde posted:

Ah, my bad. Japan uses those letters for the stats, but in competitive it's listed as "H A D B C S" normally. It's not uncommon for them to rearrange them alphabetically because ~english~, but they don't usually switch the references.

Well at least Hoopa has some Earth-shattering Offensive stats now. Even if my dreams of a literal Rock Goddess have been dashed :negative:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Ruggington posted:

Well at least Hoopa has some Earth-shattering Offensive stats now. Even if my dreams of a literal Rock Goddess have been dashed :negative:

155 special attack and 125 speed means absolutely nothing when you have a 4x weakness to Sucker Punch.

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
Only a couple 'mon away from completing my Central Pokedex. Mountain looks like it is in range, but Coastal seems like it's going to be a bit of a challenge because of all the darn evolutionary stones needed and me just having the fewest of these Pokemon caught during my first playthrough. This will be the first time I have completed any Pokedex, feels good.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

LAY-ZX posted:

155 special attack and 125 speed means absolutely nothing when you have a 4x weakness to Sucker Punch.

What if it has Multiscale or some really crazy ability.

Hell, Serene Grace would probably be enough to make the thing not allowed for any tier below OU.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

THAT JUST GIVES THEM A 4X WEAKNESS TO MY SUBSTITUTES

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Zoness posted:

What if it has Multiscale or some really crazy ability.

Hell, Serene Grace would probably be enough to make the thing not allowed for any tier below OU.

It's gonna have Slow Start

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Volcanion better get Autotomize or something similar because it isn't going to really go anywhere with that speed, and the defenses are just enough to take a hit.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Check out these Fierce Remakes!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

John Carstairs posted:

Maybe the Diancie event is an item that lets you evolve Carbink? There's no way they aren't related in some way.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MustelaFuro posted:

I'm starting up a breeding program for Inkay and was wondering if anyone had any decent ones I could use for breeding. As thanks, once I'm done breeding, you'll get first picks among the super Inkay to have.

Yo, I just got home and I'm ready to give you that Inkay whenever, FC's 2320-6228-7148.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

korusan posted:

I will also take one of your stupid shining monkeys for a decent Pokemon, if you want to part with it
Sure, I just caught a fourth one, female this time :psyboom:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Normally I don't really mind "edgy" Pokemon but those are just bad. Also that guy cannot draw human, and not to mention the random furry commissions. (yeah low-hanging fruit but still :gonk:)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Please just give Diancle a special version of Huge Power. Thank you Gamefreak

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Breeding perfect Honedges to use them as a mixed attacker, every time the IV checker tells me they have outstanding stats with perfects in HP, Attack, Defense, S. Attack, and S. Defense, and then he doesn't have a comment at the end telling me its speed sucks, my heart just breaks a little inside. Egg #150 and counting...

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pandaK posted:

Breeding perfect Honedges to use them as a mixed attacker, every time the IV checker tells me they have outstanding stats with perfects in HP, Attack, Defense, S. Attack, and S. Defense, and then he doesn't have a comment at the end telling me its speed sucks, my heart just breaks a little inside. Egg #150 and counting...

Look at the bright side! You'll be able to get 150 other near-perfect IV'd pokemon with all those sword babies.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

pandaK posted:

For a mixed Honedge, isn't it recommended you don't go with a 0IV? Unless you're going with a King's Shield set still, but even then I wouldn't recommend it since you may want to outspeed certain threats.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey, are you sick of BORING pokemon? Are you sick of NORMAL pokemon that DON'T MEGA EVOLVE and AREN'T GAUDY SHINIES? Are you sick of COMMON SENSE and want to see horribly stupid misplays MANLY FIGHTING FOR MANLY MEN??!

:byodood: WATCH GOON MULTI BATTLE THEN! :byodood:

Game 1: PZ2G-WWWW-WWW3-5X27

GOBLINS! They will gently caress your poo poo up! Use this as a precautionary tale! Don't fall for their tricks!

Game 2: BTSG-WWWW-WWW3-5X2D

This is a level BEYOND mega evolution! THIS IS MEGA EVOLUTION 3! YOU CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS MEGA! WHO THE gently caress NEEDS STRATEGY, WE'VE GOT MEGA POKEMON!

Game 3: FGBG-WWWW-WWW3-5X2L

Seriously, gently caress STRATEGY! LETS JUST BE MEN! LETS CHARGE IN WITHOUT THINKING AND JUST DO WHATEVER! :black101:

....so yeah goon multi battles are pretty fun. I highly encourage you to watch these videos and see our "brilliant" play and also to laugh at some bad nick names.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

pandaK posted:

You really shouldn't care about the speed at all. The whole point of brave/quiet is that you don't want to sacrifice any other stat besides speed while boosting an attack stat. Those honedge are fine. You could even make an argument to have high speed ivs to outrun other brave/quiet honedge.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Maybe the Diancie event is an item that lets you evolve Carbink? There's no way they aren't related in some way.

That would be an interesting way to handle an event Pokemon.

Carbink is described as millions of years old, after all, and I think it's actually the only genderless non-legendary Pokemon in Gen 6.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

FSLink posted:

For a mixed Honedge, isn't it recommended you don't go with a 0IV? Unless you're going with a King's Shield set still, but even then I wouldn't recommend it since you may want to outspeed certain threats.

Specifically you want at least 21 to outspeed Hippowdon so you can 2HKO with Shadow Ball safely. Beating Min-Speed Azumarill is also pretty nice with a 29+, but Hippowdon is the important one.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

So I'm going for a lead Tyranitar. So far I've got this:

Tyranitar (Sassy), unsure of which item.

Decided to go for max HP EVs, unsure of whether to max out Special D, regular D, or 128/128 in both.

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock

The idea is for him to be bulky, take hits, set up Stealth Rock and Sand, and cause some havoc to common counters/leads if he can.

Is this at all a sensible setup?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ruggington posted:

Look at the bright side! You'll be able to get 150 other near-perfect IV'd pokemon with all those sword babies.

I've been releasing anything with less than 5 perfect (0 speed counting as perfect in this case) IVs, which is about 2/3 of the whole set so far.

FSLink posted:

Well I'd planned on having Shadow Sneak for outspeeding other Poke's when necessary, but I do have to admit I haven't really done much in terms of mathing out specific stuff.

WrightOfWay posted:

Specifically you want at least 21 to outspeed Hippowdon so you can 2HKO with Shadow Ball safely. Beating Min-Speed Azumarill is also pretty nice with a 29+, but Hippowdon is the important one.

Hmm, your argument is very enticing, especially since I've actually bred some that meet that qualification. I'll check it out and see how it goes.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Could someone help me with some quick trade-evolutions? I need to evolve two Pumpkaboos and I'll trade you an Imposter Ditto holding a Kee berry for your help. Dont' worry about teaching them any new moves. FC: 3067-5151-4488

If anyone wants to see how gameplay-wise different sizes of Pumpkaboo can be I have some Small 4 IV and Huge 5 IV one posted in the PGS thread. They are one of my favorite pokemon of this generation due to how versatile they can be used :spooky:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Desperate Character posted:

Could someone help me with some quick trade-evolutions? I need to evolve two Pumpkaboos and I'll trade you an Imposter Ditto holding a Kee berry for your help. Dont' worry about teaching them any new moves. FC: 3067-5151-4488

Can I take you up on that offer? I'd like a Ditto to start breeding things already.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

Can I take you up on that offer? I'd like a Ditto to start breeding things already.

Sure, what's your friend code?

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

FC is 4957 2837 4540, I added you already so whenever is good!

Edit: Thanks for the Ditto/berry!

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 22, 2013

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Hey, are you sick of BORING pokemon? Are you sick of NORMAL pokemon that DON'T MEGA EVOLVE and AREN'T GAUDY SHINIES? Are you sick of COMMON SENSE and want to see horribly stupid misplays MANLY FIGHTING FOR MANLY MEN??!

:byodood: WATCH GOON MULTI BATTLE THEN! :byodood:

Game 1: PZ2G-WWWW-WWW3-5X27

GOBLINS! They will gently caress your poo poo up! Use this as a precautionary tale! Don't fall for their tricks!

Game 2: BTSG-WWWW-WWW3-5X2D

This is a level BEYOND mega evolution! THIS IS MEGA EVOLUTION 3! YOU CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS MEGA! WHO THE gently caress NEEDS STRATEGY, WE'VE GOT MEGA POKEMON!

Seriously, gently caress STRATEGY! LETS JUST BE MEN! LETS CHARGE IN WITHOUT THINKING AND JUST DO WHATEVER! :black101:

....so yeah goon multi battles are pretty fun. I highly encourage you to watch these videos and see our "brilliant" play and also to laugh at some bad nick names.

Thank you for posting these for posterity. That third match with blaziken at +4 attack and +6 speed was pretty insane. Only the threat of a cute little blue rabbit managed to make it switch out.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

FC is 4957 2837 4540, I added you already so whenever is good!

Thanks for your help, now I can get back to dominating the Super Doubles :getin:

Until the AI gets six critical hits in a row again :negative:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Gotta roll clutch Shedinja in the maison if you want to win without being good.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

chaos rhames posted:

Gotta roll clutch Shedinja in the maison if you want to win without being good.

A friend and I realized that Haxorus + Outrage and Lum Berry with some Steel type backing him up for Fairies is enough for 95% of the Maison. Just put Outrage in the first slot and mash A

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yo, I just got home and I'm ready to give you that Inkay whenever, FC's 2320-6228-7148.

Cool, sorry for not replying right away. My FC is 1564-3207-1331 and IGN is soliart.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MustelaFuro posted:

Cool, sorry for not replying right away. My FC is 1564-3207-1331 and IGN is soliart.

Alright, just added you.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

How many shinies do you guys have accumulated so far?

5. A Bergmite (which I am happy about getting because Gen 6 shinies will remain rare outside of fishing/radar), Eevee, and Meditite from friend safaris. Two Claunchers from fish chaining that both appeared within 15 minutes of each other, but I've been aiming to get a shiny Staryu for a friend with no luck so far. I haven't caught any shinies in any other game aside from the obvious Red Gyarados, a shiny Smoochum from the odd egg, and a Seaking all from Crystal only

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Blaziken got so fuckin' swole in that match. So magical :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

So how rare is a female Froakie? I have been breeding for three hours and only got one female, the one I'm breeding with.

• Locked thread