Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
nothing personal, but an unknown poster asking to sell beer on behalf of someone else is not really the way to inspire confidence. tell him to get a mybeercellar account, at least that way there's some protection for the buyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

atothesquiz posted:

I know of someone near me that is looking to sell off a couple of beers he has cellared for awhile. He isn't interested in trading, just looking to sell.

One bottle of each:
BCBS Rare
BCBS Vanilla
BCBS Coffee 2010
BCBS 2009 22oz
Big John 2011

He's selling these five bottles as a bundle and he's asking for $200. This actually doesn't seem too far from what these 5 bottles would trade for in a $4$ trade. What do you guys think?

Seems like a good deal to me.

LeafHouse fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 12, 2013

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

LeafHouse did you have a stroke :ohdear:

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Me in Reverse posted:

LeafHouse did you have a stroke :ohdear:

Hahaha phone posting gone terribly awry.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

funkybottoms posted:

nothing personal, but an unknown poster asking to sell beer on behalf of someone else is not really the way to inspire confidence. tell him to get a mybeercellar account, at least that way there's some protection for the buyer.

I was looking to aquire them for myself if he was still looking to unload them. Just curious about their "trade value" vs actual sale price.

I've also posted several times in the main beer thread. I was also the guy who chipped in money for the BIF box and i didn't even participate in the original (or current) BIF.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

atothesquiz posted:

I've also posted several times in the main beer thread. I was also the guy who chipped in money for the BIF box and i didn't even participate in the original (or current) BIF.

sorry, i meant unknown as in "no trade history"

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

You should definitely buy them at that price and either drink them or trade them for far more than $200 in hard to find to rare-ish beers.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry about the confusion from my original post!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

SF-area goons, i came across this: "SARA is releasing Lucybelle today - 2 per person limit. 60ish cases available. Will probably last into the end of the weekend."

i would like a bottle.

ps- that's Sante Adairius Rustic Ales

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Jester King currently has Atrial and Ol Oi for sale. ISO, hard.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Me in Reverse posted:

Jester King currently has Atrial and Ol Oi for sale. ISO, hard.

It's always been one per person over there as far as I know, which makes it difficult to convince people to tag along as mules :(

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

air- posted:

It's always been one per person over there as far as I know, which makes it difficult to convince people to tag along as mules :(

Yup. And according to JK, they're going to run out of this year's Atrial definitely by this weekend.

If any of you Austin dudes want some Philly lovin', grab me an Atrial and I'll be your best friend.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Got some bottles of Hardywood's Gingerbread Stout if anyone is looking for some.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

So.. here's the story.

I am in search of
Anything by Cigar City (except Winter Warmer, as I stumbled into a half case of '11 at a weird distributor around here) , but particularly Zhukov and Hunahpu.
Surly Darkness
***Abyss***

The reason I'm looking for these beers, is, long story short, I met an amazing woman who's just as into craft beer as I am, and I regret drinking my sole bottles of Dark Lord and the Abyss before I knew her. I'm attempting to make our New Year's Eve this year memorable.

I have access to anything from the East Coast, and I live an hour from Tired Hands so I would be willing to get a growler (or a half growler) and have it overnighted to you as part of the trade deal.

The only "rare" stuff I have in my cellar right now, are some aged Belgians(an 08 Chimay Grande Reserve, some 4 year old Bernardus 12, 3 year old Bernardus Christmas), original bottling of Bitches Brew, and about 2 bottles of KBS from 2013, a bottle of Doom, Better Half and Bolt Cutter as well.

Vertigo fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 19, 2013

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Hatful/me in reverse send me a message on RB at HonusWagner. I haven't been able to get on Steam because my laptop died like a week and a half ago. Only have one Forgotten Island for you to share now, my friend who was holding it sent one off in a me-approved trade for BA Behemoth but I definitely want Tired Hands for the other!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Does anyone have Bruery Beauregarde for trade? I'm also interested in picking up a couple bottles of Drake's Denogginizer and Aroma Coma.

edit - I also messaged you, Daunte

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!

Vertigo posted:

So.. here's the story.

I am in search of
Anything by Cigar City (except Winter Warmer, as I stumbled into a half case of '11 at a weird distributor around here) , but particularly Zhukov and Hunahpu.
Surly Darkness
***Dark Lord***
***Abyss***

The reason I'm looking for these beers, is, long story short, I met an amazing woman who's just as into craft beer as I am, and I regret drinking my sole bottles of Dark Lord and the Abyss before I knew her. I'm attempting to make our New Year's Eve this year memorable.

I have access to anything from the East Coast, and I live an hour from Tired Hands so I would be willing to get a growler (or a half growler) and have it overnighted to you as part of the trade deal.

The only "rare" stuff I have in my cellar right now, are some aged Belgians(an 08 Chimay Grande Reserve, some 4 year old Bernardus 12, 3 year old Bernardus Christmas), original bottling of Bitches Brew, and about 18 bottles of KBS (half from '10 half from '13) , a bottle of Doom, Better Half and Bolt Cutter as well.

I'd go Dark Lord for Better Half, I don't remember which vintages I have, PM me.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

BoredByThis posted:

I'd go Dark Lord for Better Half, I don't remember which vintages I have, PM me.

Sent you a PM!

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm very interested in getting some more New Glarus Very Sour Blackberry. I can primarily offer Alpine Great, Alesmith specials and regular bottles from SoCal or RR, etc.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Anyone seeing White Chocolate MooHoo around?

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Not in Frederick, MD or Richmond, VA but that's all I know for now.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?

Me in Reverse posted:

NC just got it yesterday

confonnit
Sep 28, 2001

Me in Reverse posted:

I'm looking everywhere in Atlanta and will be more than happy to trade an extra if i can get more than one.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Furious Lobster posted:

I'm very interested in getting some more New Glarus Very Sour Blackberry. I can primarily offer Alpine Great, Alesmith specials and regular bottles from SoCal or RR, etc.

Have you seen the loving traderape going on with this beer?

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Me in Reverse posted:

Have you seen the loving traderape going on with this beer?

It is absolutely as good as what it's being traded for. I highly, highly regret not driving up to NG for the release.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

crazyfish posted:

It is absolutely as good as what it's being traded for. I highly, highly regret not driving up to NG for the release.

Current FT on reddit... "Hill Farmstead CD6 + Beatification B5 + '12 BCBS, 3:1".

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Me in Reverse posted:

Current FT on reddit... "Hill Farmstead CD6 + Beatification B5 + '12 BCBS, 3:1".

hmm... is it a 3L bottle?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

hmm... is it a 3L bottle?

Yeah holy poo poo that's an absurd trade. VSB comes in a small 12oz bottle iirc.

Oh and on the NG chat, I'd be interested in trading Atrial Rubicite for New Glarus Thumbprint Wild Sour if anyone's got that.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

air- posted:

Yeah holy poo poo that's an absurd trade. VSB comes in a small 12oz bottle iirc.

Oh and on the NG chat, I'd be interested in trading Atrial Rubicite for New Glarus Thumbprint Wild Sour if anyone's got that.

might be able to include that in the next box i send you... (although i really want Noctum again)

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

I should be able to do this.

E: well, funkybottoms got there first.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

danbanana posted:

I should be able to do this.

E: well, funkybottoms got there first.

Hmm, would 1:1 be fair for this? Or Atrial + Freetail, or some other TX one off...? If so, we could set something up as well.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

FT:

'11/'12/'13 BT
'13 Chocolate Rain

ISO:

Atrial
Side Project
Darkness
Crooked Stave
Hill Farmstead
Night Shift
JA
VSB (With a huge ++ on my end)
Whatever else you want to offer.

Can add locals or cellar beers, but would like to center trade on BT/CR.

Zam fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 22, 2013

broom
Aug 29, 2005

air- posted:

Its 500ml, and very very good.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Me in Reverse posted:

A couple weeks after the release, I saw someone offer a Blabaer 375 for two. I dunno if I'd do that trade myself, but VSB is really drat good.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

crazyfish posted:

A couple weeks after the release, I saw someone offer a Blabaer 375 for two. I dunno if I'd do that trade myself, but VSB is really drat good.

I took a trip up with a buddy to get this when it came out but neither of us has cracked one yet. Maybe I'll bust it out for christmas.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

Hmm, would 1:1 be fair for this? Or Atrial + Freetail, or some other TX one off...? If so, we could set something up as well.

We're talking about this, right? Because this was for sale all over WI. I'd feel lovely getting a brewery only beer 1:1 for it. PM me and we can talk.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

LeafHouse posted:

I took a trip up with a buddy to get this when it came out but neither of us has cracked one yet. Maybe I'll bust it out for christmas a goon bottle share.

Fixed that for you.

In any case, so as not to derail this thread, does anyone have an extra Melange #1 laying around that they'd trade for Chicago beers? Black Tuesday is not good, but Melange #3 proved that Black Tuesday could be a component in a tasty blend.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
The exponential trade increase for VSB is incredible honestly because I got one for a more reasonable trade and then saw another ISO offer of Alpine Great 1:1. As others have pointed out, it's an incredible beer but seeing these offers makes me throw my hands up in despair.

On a side note, I'm beginning to think that all WI foodstuffs are incredibly good and people everywhere in the US want them, example:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah but that's Whole Foods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Podima posted:

Yeah but that's Whole Foods.