Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Rasamune posted:

So I just now discovered the /streams/ folder on the Gunnerkrigg site and uh :stare:

I see Tom was initially using the same method I do of titling random drawing files, which is mashing your hands on the keyboard and pressing enter.

I recognize a depressing amount of these characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Portals posted:

I see Tom was initially using the same method I do of titling random drawing files, which is mashing your hands on the keyboard and pressing enter.

I recognize a depressing amount of these characters.

And the only one I recognize apart from the Tic-Toc is Tycho. :v:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

And the only one I recognize apart from the Tic-Toc is Tycho. :v:

Boxbot. :owned:

Also nobody from Lackadaisy or paranatural. 0/10 worst comic ever made.

e: Goddamnit (what I think is) Rocky.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

T-man posted:

Boxbot. :owned:

Also nobody from Lackadaisy or paranatural. 0/10 worst comic ever made.

e: Goddamnit (what I think is) Rocky.

It's possible this was drawn before Paranatural started, since Rice Boy is in there and that ended years ago. The guy who did Pictures For Sad Children stopped doing that years ago too and has changed his style completely, and one of his dudes is in there. I also see one of the guys from Problem Sleuth and that ended when Homestuck started. Lackadaisy's been around for ages but it hasn't had regular updates in a good long time. Okay now I see Rocky at the bottom.

It's becoming clear to me that far too much of my time in high school was spent reading loving webcomics. :smithicide:

Portals fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 22, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yep, comics like Paranatural and Cucumber Quest are too recent so that drawing must be pretty old.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

You can also tell because the style looks different.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Last Modified 07-Sep-2009 16:19

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Portals posted:

It's possible this was drawn before Paranatural started, since Rice Boy is in there and that ended years ago. The guy who did Pictures For Sad Children stopped doing that years ago too and has changed his style completely, and one of his dudes is in there. I also see one of the guys from Problem Sleuth and that ended when Homestuck started. Lackadaisy's been around for ages but it hasn't had regular updates in a good long time. Okay now I see Rocky at the bottom.

It's becoming clear to me that far too much of my time in high school was spent reading loving webcomics. :smithicide:

The file date is Sep 2009, which definitely pre-dates Paranatural.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

DaveWoo posted:

The file date is Sep 2009, which definitely pre-dates Paranatural.

Well, this conversation has gotten me to read Paranatural now!

I still don't know anyone else from that piece of fan art that Tom drew though. Anyone care to recommend something from what's in there?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Here's those I can place, roughly by rows:

Reginald (Nedroid), Wigu, ?, Mr Jinx (Starslip), Hastings Kilgore (Ugly Hill), Tic Toc, Minus, ?, ?, ?, gray alien could be from anywhere, ?, ?, Abominable Charles Christopher, ?

Topato (WIGU), Roast Beef (Achewood), City Face or some other pigeon, ?, Girlbot, Beartato (Nedroid), Otra (Girly), Mort (Gunshow/Anime Club), ?, Mark (Gunshow/Anime Club), ?, Utahraptor (Dinosaur Comics), ?, Problem Sleuth (MSPA), ?, Tycho (Penny Arcade), Gordito (Dr McNinja), Ethan (Shortpacked!)

?, ?, Phobia (Gastrophobia), Boxbot, ?, Benjamin Owl (Daisy Owl), Haley (Order of the Stick), ?, ? ?, fat poney (Hark! A Vagrant), Biff (The Book of Biff), ?, Rice Boy, Roy (Order of the Stick), Pintsize (Questionnable Content), Renard

not sure of the name (Heliothaumic), Brent (PVP), Rocky (Lackadaisical), ?, ?, Jamie (Girls With Slingshots), Bun-Bun (Sluggy Freelance), ?, random stick figure (xkcd), Jane Doe (Nobody Scores), The One Electronic (Rice Boy), Danny (Sorcerery 101), ?

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 22, 2013

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

I tried my hand at it. It's like a test, but the better you do, the worse you feel about the choices you've made in life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can recognize far more than either of you guys, but it makes me feel really bad about myself so I'm not gonna list them.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

To fill in a few gaps:
Top row, between Minus and the alien is Marlene from Bobwhite.
Bottom-right most gal is Eve from Octopus Pie

Both really good comics and should be read by everyone.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Reginald (Nedroid), Wigu, White Ninja, Mr Jinx (Starslip), Hastings Kilgore (Ugly Hill), Tic Toc, Minus, ?, ?, ?, gray alien could be from anywhere, ?, ?, Abominable Charles Christopher, Diva (Evil Diva)

Topato (WIGU), Roast Beef (Achewood), City Face or some other pigeon, ?, Girlbot, Beartato (Nedroid), Otra (Girly), Mort (Gunshow/Anime Club), random guy (Pictures For Sad Children), Mark (Gunshow/Anime Club), ?, Utahraptor (Dinosaur Comics), ?, Problem Sleuth (MSPA), ?, Tycho (Penny Arcade), Gordito (Dr McNinja), Ethan (Shortpacked!)

?, ?, Phobia (Gastrophobia), Boxbot, ?, Benjamin Owl (Daisy Owl), Haley (Order of the Stick), ?, ? ?, fat poney (Hark! A Vagrant), Biff (The Book of Biff), ?, Rice Boy, Roy (Order of the Stick), Pintsize (Questionnable Content), Renard

not sure of the name (Heliothaumic), Brent (PVP), Rocky (Lackadaisical), can't remember if she has a name (Cat And Girl), Angora (The Meek), Jamie (Girls With Slingshots), Bun-Bun (Sluggy Freelance), ?, random stick figure (xkcd), Jane Doe (Nobody Scores), The One Electronic (Rice Boy), Danny (Sorcerery 101), Eve (Octopus Pie)

Added what I recognized. I used to read about 50% of these. :suicide:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Man, I should have recognized Dr Shark from Wonderella and the girl from The Meek. And the tiny Hob from Dresden Codak.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Cat Mattress posted:

Reginald (Nedroid), Wigu, White Ninja, Mr Jinx (Starslip), Hastings Kilgore (Ugly Hill), Tic Toc, Minus, Angry Chef (Chainsawsuit), ?, ?, gray alien could be from anywhere, Dr. Shark (The Non-Adventures of Wonderella), S, Abominable Charles Christopher, Diva Beelze (Evil Diva)

Topato (WIGU), Roast Beef (Achewood), City Face or some other pigeon, Joanna (Overcompensating), Girlbot, Beartato (Nedroid), Otra (Girly), Mort (Gunshow/Anime Club), Pictures For Sad Children, Mark (Gunshow/Anime Club), Cricket (Johnny Wander), Utahraptor (Dinosaur Comics), Natalie Dee comics, Problem Sleuth (MSPA), ?, Tycho (Penny Arcade), Gordito (Dr McNinja), Ethan (Shortpacked!)

?, ?, Phobia (Gastrophobia), Boxbot, Arthur (Sheldon), Benjamin Owl (Daisy Owl), Haley (Order of the Stick), Herman the Manatee, Pokey the Penguin, ?, fat poney (Hark! A Vagrant), Biff (The Book of Biff), Daisy is Dead, Rice Boy, Roy (Order of the Stick), Pintsize (Questionnable Content), Renard

not sure of the name (Heliothaumic), Brent (PVP), Rocky (Lackadaisical), other girl (Cat and Girl), Angora (The Meek), Jamie (Girls With Slingshots), Bun-Bun (Sluggy Freelance), ?, random stick figure (xkcd), Jane Doe (Nobody Scores), The One Electronic (Rice Boy), Danny (Sorcerery 101), ?

Was adding these for a while now, but now I'm tapped out.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
The grey is probably from trying human, it matches that style really closely. Probably Hue, but they all look really similar. I vaugly recognize a few of the other unidentified ones, but not enough for a comic/character name.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kat was surprisingly upfront with Rey...

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
You're losing your touch, Renard.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
It is too soon for a new avatar, but drat it Rey :argh:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
My face lit up on that one. Good one, Tom.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

It is too soon for a new avatar, but drat it Rey :argh:

Yeah, that penultimate frame is crying out to be someone's avatar. Love the look on his face. Or as much as we can see past Kat's foot.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gif the third and second last frames together obviously :colbert:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Tollymain posted:

Gif the third and second last frames together obviously :colbert:

Picture a boot stomping on a fuzzy face forever?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sure.

Also, goddammnit it Renard :allears:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Haha, it's been a while since we've seen this side of Renard.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I like how Renard turns into mischief mode in order to work out his lewd one-liner. Who knows if it was even a conscious decision.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Fecha posted:

I like how Renard turns into mischief mode in order to work out his lewd one-liner. Who knows if it was even a conscious decision.

Hey, the mind is a plaything of the body. He can't be in noble wolf form to be mischievous.

I don't have gif skills, someone else can edit these two together.

Portals fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 22, 2013

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

I feel like cropping out the whitespace ruins the composition.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Portals posted:

Hey, the mind is a plaything of the body. He can't be in noble wolf form to be mischievous.

I don't have gif skills, someone else can edit these two together.

Already did ;)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I made

quick, but I'm pretty sure it's a little too big-what's the filesize limit again? It can probably be made to fit.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

IronicDongz posted:

quick, but I'm pretty sure it's a little too big-what's the filesize limit again? It can probably be made to fit.

30kB

Here's my attempt (just three frames so less smooth):

And here's your gif after cutting extra frames and colors (and with borders and slower pace):

Kennel fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 22, 2013

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Kennel posted:

30kB

Here's my attempt (just three frames so less smooth):

And here's your gif after cutting extra frames and colors (and with borders and slower pace):

I like the first one better. It feels more... No.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I wonder if it's possible to have the transition after each panel, so it looks like he's going back and forth and getting the boot every time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kennel posted:

I adjusted the timing on this.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I love that he transforms to be a smart rear end. I mean I know we know he thinks somewhat differently in his different forms but do you think he consciously chose to change to make a perverted comment or he changed involuntarily because he was going to say it?

Also Kat's disapproving glare in the last panel could make a good avvy as well.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

JT Jag posted:

Oh, if I had 5bux. :sigh:

It's looking like my forest prediction might be correct.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

razorrozar posted:

Oh, if I had 5bux. :sigh:

It's looking like my forest prediction might be correct.
If I wasn't completely content with my current avatar I would totally spring for it myself.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

JT Jag posted:

Rey they are 15 what are you doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Rey they are 15 what are you doing
Same thing he was doing when they were 13.