Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
All hail Steen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's win-win. Compared to Ford's physique, Steen looks like Cody Rhodes.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I would pay to watch Big E/Ziggler/AJ/Kaitlyn read their twitter transcripts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Missed these:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

How? How does this even happen?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Iowa.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Not cool. Here we are trying to celebrate the first Iowa Hawkeye Intercontinental Champion and you lay that down on us?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wow, at first I wondered why he was still using his WWE Twitter account and only after a quick search did I realise he was still employed

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Valeyard posted:

Wow, at first I wondered why he was still using his WWE Twitter account and only after a quick search did I realise he was still employed
Big Zeke, he wasn't cut.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

How? How does this even happen?

There seems to be a running joke where people mistake Zeke with every other black wrestler, even smaller dudes like Kofi and R-Truth.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Perigryn posted:

Big Zeke, he wasn't cut.

Big Zeke and JTG, gleefully collecting downsides and laughing on a couch somewhere.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

J The Genius.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Big Zeke and JTG, gleefully collecting downsides and laughing on a couch somewhere.

What does Zeke even do at the moment? Does he tour on house shows? I never see his name even in the NXT taping results...

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This rules :allears:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The IC champion we deserve. And hopefully will get a proper reign because a) the crowd went apeshit when he won and b) MASTODONS

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

I love Big E so loving much.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I like that Booker still plays up the five time (five time, five time, five time, five time) thing when he's actually a six time champion.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

I like that Booker still plays up the five time (five time, five time, five time, five time) thing when he's actually a six time champion.

He's a 5-time WCW champion, and a 1-time World Heavyweight champ. :eng101:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

What does Zeke even do at the moment? Does he tour on house shows? I never see his name even in the NXT taping results...

Last thing I've heard from him was that he was at the Wrestlemania Axxess, but I think he's a house show guy if my memeory recalls.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shogunate posted:

Last thing I've heard from him was that he was at the Wrestlemania Axxess, but I think he's a house show guy if my memeory recalls.

last thing Cagematch.net has is the Axxess thing.
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=4710&page=4

Lets see what JTG is up too...
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=2717&page=4

Oh hey, jobbing to Santino on a webshow. Nice.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Zeke tore a quad and a bicep I can't remember which order but it was in closer succession.

If I was Meltzer I would point out both are steroid injuries here.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Looks like we'll never get The Iron Zeke on tv :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Zeke tore a quad and a bicep I can't remember which order but it was in closer succession.

If I was Meltzer I would point out both are steroid injuries here.
And apparently Vince is still high up on him :lol:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Fine. Make him Tyson Kidd's bodyguard or tag partner or something.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

achillesforever6 posted:

Well yeah, I mean he just won the Intercontinental Title, of course head office like him. :v:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Fine. Make him Tyson Kidd's bodyguard or tag partner or something.

Yeah, like all the other partners/bodyguards that Kidd's had.

He can be the next David Hart Smith-- no, wait, that didn't really work...

He can be the next Jackson Andrews-- no, wait...

The next Justin Gabriel?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yeah, like all the other partners/bodyguards that Kidd's had.

He can be the next David Hart Smith-- no, wait, that didn't really work...

He can be the next Jackson Andrews-- no, wait...

The next Justin Gabriel?

Still beats doing gently caress all with either one of them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Zeke was actually decent in his bodyguard role during the whole THE Brian Kendrick angle. Big E's enforcer role for Dolph went over pretty well too, as did Kozlov being an enforcer for Regal. I wish they'd do more manager/enforcer type stuff to get people over or at least get them TV exposure. There are a lot of people who would benefit from that even if they're not in the ring.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, someone used the example the other day of Deacon Batista - a good instance of an "enforcer" type getting exposure and going places.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Doing the enforcer thing works if you have a long term vision for the guy. Throwing some big guy into the role and hoping it sticks is another thing and generally what happens.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Yeah, someone used the example the other day of Deacon Batista - a good instance of an "enforcer" type getting exposure and going places.

That role would have been the death of Batista's career if he didn't end up replacing Jindrak in Evolution at the last minute. As for Zeke, this is the twitter thread, he is the twitter champion, don't worry about him.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It was a poo poo gimmick, no argument there, but it put him on TV.

Also, Zeke better watch his back, because BIG GUY and BIG E are both gunning for his Tweetcrown.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Memento posted:

Well yeah, I mean he just won the Intercontinental Title, of course head office like him. :v:

He's still the reigning ECW Champion!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Remember that time Tyson Kidd had an enforcer for five minutes?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Endorph posted:

Wasn't that the piece of poo poo that beat Rosa Mendes?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Endorph posted:

I'll always love Jackson Andrews' burial for how my brother saw me watching Mark Henry vs. Tyson Kidd and acted all smug about it. "You still watch this stuff? Obviously that smaller guy is going to win because of his bodyguard getting involved." Then Mark Henry won decisively and crushed Andrews. My brother didn't understand that storyline logic takes a backseat to the whims of an insane McMahon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Wasn't that the piece of poo poo that beat Rosa Mendes?

He is a piece of poo poo but it looks like he probably didn't do that.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRafTer posted:

He is a piece of poo poo but it looks like he probably didn't do that.
Even if he didn't, he was engaged to both her and another woman simultaneously.

TMZ posted:

Andy Slocum's week has gone from bad to worse ... 'cause AFTER the former WWE talent was accused of beating his fiancee Rosa Mendes in Vegas ... his OTHER fiancee in Texas dumped his two-timing rear end ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... Slocum -- who wrestled under the name Jackson Andrews -- was named in a police report filed by Mendes, in which she claims Slocum beat her up on multiple occasions in the home they shared together in Vegas.

But the story REALLY came as a shock to a woman named Amber Stovall ... who thought she was EXCLUSIVELY engaged to Slocum ... who she had been dating for the past 4 and a half years.

“I was not aware of his double life with Rosa," Amber tells us ... adding, "I'm incredibly angry and I feel betrayed."

Amber -- who says the two shared a home in Houston and have two bulldogs -- tells us, "I was blindsided by the TMZ story. He had just flown me out to Vegas the weekend after July 4th and we made plans for him to return home to Houston at the end of August. “

For the record, Rosa -- who's a WWE Diva -- was in Texas on the weekend after July 4th ... when he flew Amber to Vegas. Basically, he pulled off a fiancee switcheroo.

Despite the lies, Amber insists Slocum was never violent with her ... telling us, "He's never even raised his voice to me."

Obviously, Amber has since called off the engagement ... noting, "He has not reached out to me despite my efforts to contact him since I found out about Rosa. So as of today, I have cut off all joint accounts which includes his cell phone."

Multiple calls to Andrews have not been returned ... and maybe now we know why.

Alvarez commented that he would love to interview him just to ask: "What was your end game there?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

@fightsteenfight posted:

Me: Owen, who do you want to invite for your birthday? Owen: The Rock and John Cena. Me: Can't. They'll fight. Owen: Generico! Me: He's dead

His reaction to Generico being dead was slight confusion followed by acceptance and these wise words: Can I have a juice box?