Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008
Special shout outs to Amory, Starving, Fargg, and especially to my brother Vandee for carrying my scrub rear end through my first SL dungeons/experts and not getting mad when I died on literally every single boss because gently caress melee. :(

Whoever created Archive of Flesh can straight up go gently caress themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

rawr im a tree posted:

Special shout outs to Amory, Starving, Fargg, and especially to my brother Vandee for carrying my scrub rear end through my first SL dungeons/experts and not getting mad when I died on literally every single boss because gently caress melee. :(

If I take this literally, I really hope you two are never in the same room when we inevitably wipe to Eggtenders for weeks on end. I'm afraid there are not enough dogs and cats in the world to circumvent the rage you two would cause, North America would probably implode.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rawr im a tree posted:

Archive of Flesh is the second best instance though, after Golem Foundry.

Plus you killed Ahzrius at the end so I guess fair's fair.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 21, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Archive is the best instance, to be honest any instance where I can run the whole thing without a healer is a good instance. (I *could* do the trash packs without a healer but it'd have to be slow, and we all know I don't do slow.)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Archive is the best instance, to be honest any instance where I can run the whole thing without a healer is a good instance. (I *could* do the trash packs without a healer but it'd have to be slow, and we all know I don't do slow.)

I lumped it with Golem Foundry because they're both in a really small space that requires minimal running around.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

oneof3steves posted:

I haven't hit 60 yet with my mage Harbinger is really fun, and I played Pyro and Chloro before the expansion... are there any other specs worth looking into?

Harbinger is really great DPS if you can manage melee.

Pyro is still pretty good, but it's not going to be your highest DPS spec (better than Elem by quite a bit if you can hit the rotation, but less than Harb).

Necro is pretty good (especially if you need AE), though it's a pet spec.

Dominator is awesome for AE, you can poo poo out a couple million damage in a few seconds. Sadly, they are all 30 second+ cooldowns so it doesn't sustain. It's also got some useful crowd control. Also it's fun as hell in PvP.

Archon is my personal favorite (well, Pyrochon): raid support spec that can still put out decent DPS. It's really handy to have around (I actually have 2 archon specs: 40/36 and 61 for Point-to-Point).

Chloromancer is always handy.

Warlock and Elementalist are pretty much the only 2 specs not worth investing in currently. Who knows if that will change?

Star Warrior X
Jul 14, 2004

necrotic posted:

Warlock and Elementalist are pretty much the only 2 specs not worth investing in currently. Who knows if that will change?

Funny how stormcaller is so far lost to the annals of sucky history that it doesn't even get a mention on the 'don't care' list.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Star Warrior X posted:

Funny how stormcaller is so far lost to the annals of sucky history that it doesn't even get a mention on the 'don't care' list.

I knew I'd forget something... yeah stormcaller is pretty poo poo.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

We have mages rivalling tac/sabs in aoe DPS in SC but it's a pretty difficult spec to learn and not really worth it just for the trash.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
So how was the sea of dreams/foreshadowing 3.0 stuff, or whatever it was called? I've drifted (heh) away from rift completely as of late and that was the last new thing i was aware of.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

KaneTW posted:

We have mages rivalling tac/sabs in aoe DPS in SC but it's a pretty difficult spec to learn and not really worth it just for the trash.

Exactly. It's better to fill your role slots with other specs. If you have an empty role slot then fine, but don't replace anything with it.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

KaneTW posted:

more like we have some slacker rear end mages who don't single target the trash with the melee dps reduction buff

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

necrotic posted:

Harbinger is really great DPS if you can manage melee.

Pyro is still pretty good, but it's not going to be your highest DPS spec (better than Elem by quite a bit if you can hit the rotation, but less than Harb).

Necro is pretty good (especially if you need AE), though it's a pet spec.

Dominator is awesome for AE, you can poo poo out a couple million damage in a few seconds. Sadly, they are all 30 second+ cooldowns so it doesn't sustain. It's also got some useful crowd control. Also it's fun as hell in PvP.

Archon is my personal favorite (well, Pyrochon): raid support spec that can still put out decent DPS. It's really handy to have around (I actually have 2 archon specs: 40/36 and 61 for Point-to-Point).

Chloromancer is always handy.

They are so bad about changing what specs are worthwhile or poo poo pretty much every patch. Warlock was solid when SL hit and when F2P hit and now it's back to being poo poo again apparently. They completely hosed with Chloro multiple times on whether it's supposed to be a cool damage healer or a lovely heal spamming style spec. Pyro is usually up there, but it's almost always boring as gently caress.

Applies to pretty much any class too, if you don't like most of the specs for your class, you can be in for a fun ride when a patch wrecks your favorite spec(s) and buffs the one(s) you hate.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

KaneTW posted:

Why wouldn't it?
It's pretty much entirely based on how long it takes someone to report it. I had Fleshpiston in WoW for most of a year before someone randomly pushed the "give a poo poo" button.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 22, 2013

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I Bball. Want to play rift.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

DemonMage posted:

They are so bad about changing what specs are worthwhile or poo poo pretty much every patch. Warlock was solid when SL hit and when F2P hit and now it's back to being poo poo again apparently. They completely hosed with Chloro multiple times on whether it's supposed to be a cool damage healer or a lovely heal spamming style spec. Pyro is usually up there, but it's almost always boring as gently caress.

Applies to pretty much any class too, if you don't like most of the specs for your class, you can be in for a fun ride when a patch wrecks your favorite spec(s) and buffs the one(s) you hate.

And that's why you play a Cleric because Trion will never nerf cleric healing to an unusable state because pve is essentially balanced around cleric healing options.

The purifier changes don't count as a nerf.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

OneEightHundred posted:

It's pretty much entirely based on how long it takes someone to report it. I had Fleshpiston in WoW for most of a year before someone randomly pushed the "give a poo poo" button.

I had a guild by myself in Wotlk for about a year named <Sick My Duck>. I was pretty vocal on my server and played a lot so idk why it took so long.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

The new dyes are amazing, wearing exceptionally ruby, exceptionally pumpkin and exceptionally violet. Pretty much worth the credits spent, you can also buy/trade them.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
So on Wednesday, my character decided to combine his gear and uniform into one masterpiece...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I found this amazing masterpiece of high art in the long lost pages of my imgur account and so I decided to share it with you all here today.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

OneEightHundred posted:

To be fair from the stuff you see in General chats (and the repeated angry threads on the forums) I get the impression that they don't give a poo poo about policing Rift.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

To be fair from the stuff you see in General chats (and the repeated angry threads on the forums) I get the impression that they don't give a poo poo about policing Rift.

It's mostly based on reports.

And they're really stringent about reports on RP-breaking names on RP servers apparently!

Also jesus rip the forums:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 22, 2013

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I really need to figure out which version of my character I am going to keep so I can stop leaving the guild because I'm too cheap to pay for a rename. :sigh:

Also, can I get an invite for Tsifora and Grued? Thanks!

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 23, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Bonapartisan posted:

I really need to figure out which version of my character I am going to keep so I can stop leaving the guild because I'm too cheap to pay for a rename. :sigh:

Also, can I get an invite for Tsifora and Grued? Thanks!

Names are just names it's the person behind it that counts :3:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

mr. nobody posted:

Names are just names it's the person behind it that counts :3:

<3. Can someone resend to Tsifora and Grued? Grued was stupid and deleted his. But I swore I took mine and it didn't work...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You can also just transfer your character off shard, make a new one with that name, then a week later transfer the old character back and get a free name change.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Eltoasto posted:

You can also just transfer your character off shard, make a new one with that name, then a week later transfer the old character back and get a free name change.

That's what I'm going to do this time. I have to wait til Monday or something to straighten it out now.

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
Could someone send an invite to my alt, Muthet?

Additionally, how the gently caress am I supposed to learn bard if everyone screams at me to switch to DPS. I mean, I understand because at mid 30s support isn't needed and clearing an instance is that much faster, but I want to learn to music at stuff. What I'm afraid of it starting to hit instances where it is more beneficial to actually have a support and then not really knowing my spec and getting booted for not having practice.

I think I'll just do a PvP bard, seems to do decidedly not bad. I can't tell if I'm helping but buffs are buffs.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Most instances don't require support unless the healer is new or sucks.

Also the paragon tempest changes on that last hot fix suck. I haven't checked it, but I am assuming that it killed that 41/35 dps spec.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

Most instances don't require support unless the healer is new or sucks.

Also the paragon tempest changes on that last hot fix suck. I haven't checked it, but I am assuming that it killed that 41/35 dps spec.

yep. tempagon is dead, and good loving riddance

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Thistledown posted:

Could someone send an invite to my alt, Muthet?

Additionally, how the gently caress am I supposed to learn bard if everyone screams at me to switch to DPS. I mean, I understand because at mid 30s support isn't needed and clearing an instance is that much faster, but I want to learn to music at stuff. What I'm afraid of it starting to hit instances where it is more beneficial to actually have a support and then not really knowing my spec and getting booted for not having practice.

I think I'll just do a PvP bard, seems to do decidedly not bad. I can't tell if I'm helping but buffs are buffs.

You can always practice bard while doing IA's.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Just wanted to say that prior to logging out in Shimmersand, I saw a level 52 cleric repeatedly die to regular mobs. None of them were even elite. They all aggro'd on me after the cleric died, and my level 50 cleric was just fine handling all of them. :stare:

It just struck me as unusual, since every other player I teamed up with in Shimmersand were perfectly competent.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I haven't found a single pube that complains about that, just play bard in dungeons and don't ask anyone for permission.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Thistledown posted:

I keep expecting people to be angry about me being queued as support but playing as a harbinger or pyromancer or something, but so far nobody has said a word.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Could I get an invite to the Deepwood guild for Devore?

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Can I get one for Orulan?

Aupuch
Jul 25, 2000
Forum Veteran
Please invite Abagga

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Could I get an invite for grumbar and elblanco.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Picking this back up after a really long time off, can I get an invite for Motion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

KaneTW posted:

I've found that most trash doesn't live long enough to setup and sustain SC rotation and in t2 trash I'm often stuck domming. I want a mindless spam aoe spec that does hefty sustained dps...y'know like sab. But yeah.. SC, too much buildup and management for the quality of the payoff.

Its looking like the changes to warlock on the PTS will make it viable again. The damage was boosted to be pyro-level without the burst on long parses with that tradeoff being the ability to 'cleave dot' and aoe pretty well. So far there have been no indications of imbalanced dps which is pretty impressive considering it is the first pass. The new goto specs are likely going to be either 61warlock/6harb(blazing light)/9 necro or 61warlock/13 necro/2chloro (withering vine)

• Locked thread