Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Podima posted:

Yeah but that's Whole Foods.

Fromagination has it for $60/lb so even without WF's price markup, it's an incredibly expensive yet delicious cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broom
Aug 29, 2005

Furious Lobster posted:

The exponential trade increase for VSB is incredible honestly because I got one for a more reasonable trade and then saw another ISO offer of Alpine Great 1:1. As others have pointed out, it's an incredible beer but seeing these offers makes me throw my hands up in despair.

On a side note, I'm beginning to think that all WI foodstuffs are incredibly good and people everywhere in the US want them, example:

poo poo! I can buy that for $50/lb .............. anyone ISO??

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Take it to the cheese trading thread, you threadshitters :v:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Very Sour Blackberry is phenomenal and I'm really fortunate to have a bottle of it. I helped a buddy land one last week IP and this is what he traded for all of 1 bottle of Very Sour Blackberry:

750 ml growler of Hill Farmstead Double Citra
750 ml growler of Hill Farmstead Everett
2012 500 ml bottle of Hill Farmstead Birth of Tragedy

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Hahaha holy gently caress

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Someone on Beertrading.org named LEAFHOUSE :colbert: just traded a VSB for Hill Farmstead CD6, Beatification B5, and Atrial Rubicite.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Side note:

ISO Aurelian Lure & Nocturn Chrysalis

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Me in Reverse posted:

Someone on Beertrading.org named LEAFHOUSE :colbert: just traded a VSB for Hill Farmstead CD6, Beatification B5, and Atrial Rubicite.

Whoever that man is he's not only trade savvy but probably devilishly handsome as well!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

LeafHouse posted:

Whoever that man is he's not only trade savvy but probably devilishly handsome as well!

Whoever that man is is probably going to bring all those great bottles he got in trade to a Chicago bottle share!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Very Sour Blackberry is phenomenal and I'm really fortunate to have a bottle of it. I helped a buddy land one last week IP and this is what he traded for all of 1 bottle of Very Sour Blackberry:

750 ml growler of Hill Farmstead Double Citra
750 ml growler of Hill Farmstead Everett
2012 500 ml bottle of Hill Farmstead Birth of Tragedy

Jesus gently caress. I am definitely going to Detroit in Memorial Day 2014 (already bought a pass to Movement festival) - and I would be so down for an Ann Arbor bottle share if that could happen.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Is VSB something I'm reasonably able to get if I drive over to NG, like whatever that experimental sour ale is they always have?

broom
Aug 29, 2005

SUPER HASSLER posted:

Is VSB something I'm reasonably able to get if I drive over to NG, like whatever that experimental sour ale is they always have?

No, it was brewery only release 3 days over Great Taste Weekend.

edit: Also the guy that got the 3 HF bottles above for the VSB is pretty handsome himself.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Me in Reverse posted:

Hahaha holy gently caress

It's worth noting that my buddy lives about 45 minutes from Hill Farmstead so it wasn't difficult for him to get growlers. His family will make trips out there and bring back 12+ growlers and multiple cases of whatever bottles are available at the time. He's too lazy to hunt down beer and he only trades with me so I make out pretty good. :dance:

air- posted:

Jesus gently caress. I am definitely going to Detroit in Memorial Day 2014 (already bought a pass to Movement festival) - and I would be so down for an Ann Arbor bottle share if that could happen.

This can be arranged.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 22, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It doesn't matter how good the beer is, I'm not trading $40 of other rare beer for it (unless it cost $40 in the first place, signed Duck Duck Gooze)

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 22, 2013

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Does anyone have any Atrial Rubicite they'd be willing to trade? Willing to do multiples of mine.

Pliney
GBS
Abyss
Berserker

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

It doesn't matter how good the beer is, I'm not trading $40 of other rare beer for it (unless it cost $40 in the first place, signed Duck Duck Gooze)

I wouldn't consider those 3 beers rare, especially if I lived so close to Hill Farmstead. He can walk into a dozen local bars and drink most Hill Farmstead beers on tap.

$4$ is dumb anyways. If somebody has a problem with me trading a Sour Reserve, a 750 ml "Gueuze" with a smaller bottle count that was $25 for their Duck Duck Gooze, a 750 ml "Gueuze" with a larger bottle count because they paid $40 for it, I would tell them to go gently caress themselves.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I wouldn't consider those 3 beers rare, especially if I lived so close to Hill Farmstead. He can walk into a dozen local bars and drink most Hill Farmstead beers on tap.

$4$ is dumb anyways. If somebody has a problem with me trading a Sour Reserve, a 750 ml "Gueuze" with a smaller bottle count that was $25 for their Duck Duck Gooze, a 750 ml "Gueuze" with a larger bottle count because they paid $40 for it, I would tell them to go gently caress themselves.

Sour Reserve is also substantially better than DDG, so there's that too.

I like doing $4$ when doing local stuff most of the time as everyone's on equal footing, or kicking in a few locals to make up any cash discrepancy in two beers of equal rarity but differing costs. But rarity is worth something too, which is why when I see trades like FT: Rare ISO: Case of BCBS I don't poo poo on them.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

That certainly wasn't meant as an insult; I hope you didn't take offense to it. I'm just saying I personally wouldn't do it. I certainly don't think the trade you're talking about here sounds ridiculous and I certainly agree $4$ isn't the be-all, end-all.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 22, 2013

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

That certainly wasn't meant as an insult; I hope you didn't take offense to it. I'm just saying I personally wouldn't do it. I certainly don't think the trade you're talking about here sounds ridiculous and I certainly agree $4$ isn't the be-all, end-all.

I definitely wouldn't give up beat, CD6, and Atrial for Sour Blackberry - those 3 beers are all phenomenal.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Is anyone picking up beatification? I'd like to get 4 or 5 bottles. Let's work something out over PMs or email me neufpas at googlemails

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

^^Also ISO.

But what I came here for, ISO 2013 Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout 4pack, 2 Backyard Rye Bourbon County Brand Stout bombers.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
FT: BORIS VanWinkle

ISO: Bourbon County Coffee, and Backyard Rye. I'm also interested in Beatification, or any other cool brewery-only sour.

Only 190 cases of BVW being released, and this is probably the only time it will be done in the foreseeable future. I'm getting a pretty good amount, so let me know if you want to trade (even if you don't have anything I listed in my ISO - I love all beer).

Me in Reverse posted:

^^Also ISO.

But what I came here for, ISO 2013 Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout 4pack, 2 Backyard Rye Bourbon County Brand Stout bombers.

This stuff is coming to Philly, just FYI. If you look for it, you could probably find it. We can't get it in OH due to ABV cap :(

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 25, 2013

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

^^I'm looking for a Boris VW. I'll PM you.

And I never count on *actually seeing* poo poo like that.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 25, 2013

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
How hard would it be for my to trade Pliny for atrial? Am I still pretty far off? I'd really like to try atrial but I'm trying to acquire something that would be equal to it.

Cbear fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 25, 2013

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Cbear posted:

How hard would it be for my to trade Pliny for atrial? Am I still pretty far off? I'd really like to try atrial but I'm trying to acquire something that would be equal to it.

Biggest factor here is finding someone who wants to make that trade. I've seen that done, but I wouldn't do it since I have other ways to get PtE.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Cbear posted:

Pliny is 'relatively common'. Atrial is significantly lower bottle count and more difficult to obtain. At this point you're more likely to get it from a goon than anywhere else -- the trading community hyped Atrial pretty hard, so its' trade value is high.

And similar to what air- said, anyone who has Atrial likely has or can get Pliny.

vvv No worries, man. We were all new once. :)

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 25, 2013

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Right. I'm new to trading in general so its hard for me to gauge some of the values. I'll just keep working to stock up on my trade worthy stuff and hope someone is willing to trade an Atrial in the meantime. Finally going to get to try Pliny and HT, so excited for that.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Me in Reverse posted:

the trading community hyped Atrial pretty hard, so its' trade value is high.

yeah, is there a reason you're set on getting it? i don't want to sound patronizing, but are you into sour beers at all? if you are, cool, go for it- otherwise you're setting the bar kinda high for one of your first trades. my only other suggestion- and it's kind of of hail mary- is to contact someone who's looking to trade an AR and say, "here's everything i have to trade- is there anything here that will get this done?"

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Piggybacking on fb - I advise against chasing a beer just because of hype factor. I don't recall seeing many posts from you regarding your taste preferences on the beer thread and I'd hate to see you end up surprised because the beer wasn't what you expected.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I'm honestly not the experienced so I could be hyping it up for sure. Ive only found a few sours and I do like them. I've only started to trade, but so far I've gotten ahold of a few I've been anxious to try. I like IPA's and sours, and I already have Pliny and Heady coming in trades. So I figured I'd give atrial a go. I guess I'll need to build up my trading cellar a bit more before I go after atrial.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I don't know how the distro is out where you are but in Philly you can get Tilquin Gueuze, Monk's Cafe Flemish Red, and a bunch of other shelf-ish sours relatively easily. I'd go for what you can find local first, before trying to trade for one of the bigger hypebeers from this year.

EDIT: Jolly Pumpkin, Lost Abbey.. there are plenty of great beers to try that should be on shelves :)

vv I thought Central Pa. v:v:v

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 25, 2013

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Me in Reverse posted:

I don't know how the distro is out where you are but in Philly you can get Tilquin Gueuze, Monk's Cafe Flemish Red, and a bunch of other shelf-ish sours relatively easily. I'd go for what you can find local first, before trying to trade for one of the bigger hypebeers from this year.

IIRC he's in the DC/Maryland area. All of those (especially Tilquin) aren't hard to get, I'd also look at some Boon or Fond Tradition gueuzes.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

I thought the monks cafe Flemish red was not really sour at all. Cuvee des Jacobins now there's a good shelf sour!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

LeafHouse posted:

I thought the monks cafe Flemish red was not really sour at all. Cuvee des Jacobins now there's a good shelf sour!

It's tart, but more of a balsamic vinegar flavor. A bit too thin for me though. I'd almost always take Vichtenaar over it if I wanted a flemish red.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
The monks cafe one is the one I drink at my local bar all the time. I really like that some. The Tilquin I haven't bought yet but will.

Thanks for the info guys. Very helpful.

Also, what is the best way to keep track of releases of atrial? I have a friend in Austin but I'd like to tell him exactly when its released since he's not a beer guy. Website? Facebook?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

They update their beer menu with what's available in bottles. I don't think we'll see Atrial until next year some time -- they just released a batch about a week ago, sold out in a few days.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Jester King's blog posts availability on a weekly basis.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

By the way, CBear, I think I remember you saying you have or were getting a bunch of bottles of GBS -- it's pretty decent trade bait on Reddit and stuff. You should try to trade for some stuff you can't get via distro. Doesn't have to be whales, plenty of great beer that we can't land around here.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Yeah I have a good bit. I was still trying to figure out the relative value of it. I actually messaged a guy on BA that's looking for GBS and wants to trade his atrial....but the post is from last night so I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss out on that one :(

The GBS is what ive gotten the heady, Pliny and abyss for so far. Surprised its trading this well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Running to Tired Hands tomorrow. FT two growlers of your choice, ISO something Philly doesn't get.

• Locked thread