Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plate
Jul 5, 2006
Love for the rest of us
Fallen Rib
I also thought the first shot was the P4 petrol station. In the last image you can see a ferris wheel in the upper right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Guys..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Sakae

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So... Ultimax stages?

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's early and it shouldn't bother me, but... nothing from P1/P2. :(

Considering how the EP remake sold that's not particularly surprising.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Policenaut posted:

So... Ultimax stages?

That's what I'm thinking :laffo:

NativeAlien
Feb 7, 2008
This is kind of a huge thread, so please forgive me if it's been asked: what would be the one console to purchase to get the most access to the SMT series? With PS Vita and 3DSXL sales coming up I'm wondering which one would be better to access the huge backlog of games in this super-series. It looks like the Vita would allow me to play the Personas on the PSP and maybe some of the PS2 games, but the 3DS has a backlog too.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

NativeAlien posted:

This is kind of a huge thread, so please forgive me if it's been asked: what would be the one console to purchase to get the most access to the SMT series? With PS Vita and 3DSXL sales coming up I'm wondering which one would be better to access the huge backlog of games in this super-series. It looks like the Vita would allow me to play the Personas on the PSP and maybe some of the PS2 games, but the 3DS has a backlog too.

Buy a PS2

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you want to stick with Persona only, get a Vita. Everything else was PS2 exclusive for the past generation of consoles aside from Strange Journey.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dehry posted:

If you want to stick with Persona only, get a Vita. Everything else was PS2 exclusive for the past generation of consoles aside from Strange Journey.

Devil Survivor :colbert:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

NativeAlien posted:

If your computer is good enough to run a ps2 emulator that and a 3ds will get you access to some version of just about any of the games from the past decade or so. There are a few like P2:Innocent Sin that you'd miss, however. Atlus was pretty gung-ho about the ds and has supported the 3ds quite a bit with the vita/psp only getting ports and remakes so if you're interested in the future of the series take that into consideration as well. On the other hand (again), almost everyone thinks that Persona 5 is going to be ps3 with maybe a vita port so it might be worth waiting a few days to see what they announce. So in short there's not really a completely good answer to your question.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Joshlemagne posted:

If your computer is good enough to run a ps2 emulator that and a 3ds will get you access to some version of just about any of the games from the past decade or so. There are a few like P2:Innocent Sin that you'd miss, however.
You could always emulate the PS1 with ePSXe as well to get Innocent Sin working.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PSP and DS emulation is also working quite well now (I have P3P on my Galaxy S4 and other than a couple lines it's full speed.)

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You could easily get away with buying a second-hand PSP and PS2 and scouring Amazon/eBay for the games. That gives you access to everything released in the last decade or so barring Devil Survivor 1&2, Strange Journey, P4A/Golden, Soul Hackers, SMT4 and Catherine (which is really more of an honorary title than an actual part of the series). Pick up a Dreamcast if you want Maken X as well. The PS2 remake, Maken Shao, is superior in every way, but I believe that only ever got a Euro release, not a US one. It's worth checking out for the soundtrack, if nothing else.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

You could always emulate the PS1 with ePSXe as well to get Innocent Sin working.

That would be :filez: though and I don't know what the guy's stance on that is (I do know what this forum's stance is, though, so I wouldn't recommend it anyway). Although I guess technically he could get the Japanese version and patch it. That's a lot of work and probably money too, though. I didn't include the other emulators because if you can run a ps2 emulator than you can emulate any of the previous systems too. But yeah, with a decent enough computer you only really need a 3ds and maybe a ps3. We'll hopefully know in three days.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Maken Shao is up on PSN too, IIRC. Unless that's just the EU PSN? Never did beat that game. Some of the later levels are ridiculous.

NativeAlien
Feb 7, 2008
I was actually just going to ask how the games worked on ps2 emulators since I haven't seen my ps2 in years.I think I'll head down that route and grab a 3DS this black Friday.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Joshlemagne posted:

Although I guess technically he could get the Japanese version and patch it.
That's exactly what I was implying.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Well, tomorrow's Midnight Channel reveal should be a bit more helpful.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
This is all going to end in a console reveal of the new P4A and I'm going to spend the 24th crying myself to sleep.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Well, the announcement is ridiculously early in North America, so you should be ripe for sleep when they announce Persona x Hatsune Miku.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

DeathBySpoon posted:

This is all going to end in a console reveal of the new P4A and I'm going to spend the 24th crying myself to sleep.

You will? As the owner of every console except a PS3, I'm going to die a little inside when they announce Persona 5: PS3.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 4 Arena Suplex is being promoted nonstop in Japan right now. It's out next week while the movie is out Saturday. There's no reason to hype an announcement for those things.

The Persona PR has been re tweeting P4A stuff all week, including full move lists. They've also been retweeting P3 movie related items.
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou

Dehry fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 21, 2013

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Does anyone know what's up with the box for the PS1 Persona 1 game? Recently found my copy while cleaning out my garage, and, for the life of me, I can not remember why it has the multidisc kind of box.

Was the manual really big? I still haven't found that, but it's probably somewhere in a box I have dedicated to loose game manuals.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Len posted:

Devil Survivor :colbert:

Devil Survivor 1 and 2 are fantastic. I still consider 2 one of my favorite games ever in spite of how easily broken it was. SJ is also near the top for me. A 3DS will get anyone a long ways into the series.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

NativeAlien posted:

If you're only looking to get one of the handhelds, then it depends on which you'd rather have: Persona or Devil Survivor/Strange Journey/SMTIV. Either way you get access to 4 titles in the franchise, although if some of the PSP homebrew is available on Vita, you can probably run an SNES emulator to run the 16-bit games as well. Personally, I'd recommend the 3DS because Devil Survivor is probably my favorite franchise out of any game series because the writing is great (moreso the first game than the second) and they have a battle system that's absolutely addicting and pretty deep as well. It doesn't hurt that they're not especially hard either if you're not trying to break the games over your knee!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The latest video was a P3P trailer. They appear to be going hourly again.

Also, Nicovideo is going to make a lot of :10bux: with this stupid pay wall.

E: If you want to hedge your bets on it being a PS3 exlusive, ebay has the 500GB GTAV bundle for $220
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PS3-500GB-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Bundle/360797801129

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 22, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So, the Japanese woke up and now NicoNico is kicking everyone who isn't paying out. You probably could have seen this coming a mile away.

Here's a guy restreaming the countdown on Twitch.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I had an easier time loading the stream by going to it via the front page of Nico rather than the teaser site. But that was a couple hours ago.

Either way I'm pretty sure they don't kick you out if you just keep the tab open?

EDIT: Maybe I should just close this tab anyway. :geno:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 22, 2013

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Chie popped up at noon JST and said something about boxed lunches.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
What're the chances of a new 3DS MegaTen game being announced?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Captain Mog posted:

What're the chances of a new 3DS MegaTen game being announced?

Pretty good, but not for a while.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sendai_Station_(Miyagi)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Sakae

These two places appear in the midnight channel video. They are the most obvious ones that westerners have pointed out. The Japanese 2ch viewers haven't talked about it much though.

E: The video this time around was similar to the P4 one earlier. They skipped to the current day in Japan (the 22nd) and played the P3P event that Junpei got shot

E2: The earlier P4 scene here mentions "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" according to Neogaf, although that is on a Thursday and in game it's a Monday. They changed text and events in Persona 4 to make that scene.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 22, 2013

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Oh man this is going to suck if it is anything other than P5.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Saigyouji posted:

Maken Shao is up on PSN too, IIRC. Unless that's just the EU PSN? Never did beat that game. Some of the later levels are ridiculous.

No idea, I have a 360. I do have a physical copy of the game though, one of the few times I've been glad to live in Europe. If you think Maken Shao is hard though, it's a walk in the park compared to X.

Pasteurized Milk posted:

Does anyone know what's up with the box for the PS1 Persona 1 game? Recently found my copy while cleaning out my garage, and, for the life of me, I can not remember why it has the multidisc kind of box.

Was the manual really big? I still haven't found that, but it's probably somewhere in a box I have dedicated to loose game manuals.

I just checked my copy there. The manual's not actually all that big, maybe only about 40 pages or so. It could easily have fit in a regular case. I remember Atlus had a habit of releasing a lot of their games in the bigger cases back then though.

Fake edit: actually, looking at the US games I own (almost entirely RPGs, I'll admit), not one of them comes in a regular case. All of them are multi-disc cases. Guess they needed to stand out more back when they were less popular.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
7:30 event was Persona 3 recap up to the reveal of Tartarus. The gameplay came from P3P but the animations came from P3/FES. I swear this is going to end up being HD remakes of all the older games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Persona 3 Platinum, let's go :smith:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Welp, throw out your theories involving the cities. They just changed on the site.

becomes

edit: Click the city names.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 22, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Policenaut posted:

Welp, throw out your theories involving the cities. They just changed on the site.

becomes

edit: Click the city names.

Well, those are all places within the cities. Maybe they're just being more specific now?

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
So will that be at 6am for EST on Sunday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Midnight channel in about 5 minutes

E: Sendai station shown along with a bunch of others

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 22, 2013