Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Clearer shots of what appear to be major train stations at each of the city districts in the updated teaser site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Persona 4: Train Simulator

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

They're clearly actually making six different Persona games next, with the protagonist coming in via each station.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Get ready for Mara as a locomotive :getin:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2T-dHDaxjM

In case someone missed it.

Still, why is my soulmate a train station?

E: Next event was a Marie Poem.

E2: Then another recap of P3 using P3P

E3: Another P3P recap, but it appears to be the last character.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 22, 2013

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Policenaut posted:

Welp, throw out your theories involving the cities. They just changed on the site.

becomes

edit: Click the city names.

P5 will be the SMT of Persona and let me walk all around Tokyo and stuff :allears:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

El Belmondo posted:

P5 will be the SMT of Persona and let me walk all around Tokyo and stuff :allears:

Wasn't Devil Survivor the SMT of Persona in that sense? They're both part of the Megami Ibunroku subfranchise. :v:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At 6:00 PST the Atlus forums will shut down for good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if the they're hinting the next game will have some kind of crazy extradimemsional train theme. Japan loving loves that poo poo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm guessing that it's more along the lines of Yakuza 5's multiple characters in multiple cities idea.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

And the next game will be Kamen Rider Den-O.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Persona 5 is about adults, so all your social links take place on the commute to and from work. The title of the game is pronounced "Persona Go" instead of "Persona Five".

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

Persona 5 is about adults, so all your social links take place on the commute to and from work.

I sure look forward to becoming acquainted with so many shoulders.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

TurnipFritter posted:

Persona 5 is about adults, so all your social links take place on the commute to and from work.

That would actually be fantastic, and I mean that totally seriously. It would be such a change of pace. Your commute is your social linking time, your workday replaces the classroom sections from 3/4, you get home from work then you have the evening to go and get utterly wasted in the bar where you social link with the barman. Basically just Catherine X Persona without the block climbing.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CottonWolf posted:

That would actually be fantastic, and I mean that totally seriously. It would be such a change of pace. Your commute is your social linking time, your workday replaces the classroom sections from 3/4, you get home from work then you have the evening to go and get utterly wasted in the bar where you social link with the barman. Basically just Catherine X Persona without the block climbing.

This is what the morning commute looks like in Tokyo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just think of all the S-Links that could happen in one place! So convenient!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

This is what the morning commute looks like in Tokyo.

Next you're gonna tell me that high schoolers don't actually jump through big screen tvs at Wal Mart.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

TurnipFritter posted:

Next you're gonna tell me that high schoolers don't actually jump through big screen tvs at Wal Mart.

Listen, there's no easy way to say this...

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

RadicalR posted:

Listen, there's no easy way to say this...

drat are you the Joker because you just stole my dreams.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Some live talk show airing shortly after the reveal on Sunday, maybe it'll have more information.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=81280

The girl hosting the show is a voice actor with no Persona/SMT roles in the past.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Dehry posted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=81280

The girl hosting the show is a voice actor with no Persona/SMT roles in the past.

New MC? It's certainly plausible.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if the they're hinting the next game will have some kind of crazy extradimemsional train theme. Japan loving loves that poo poo.

Maybe the new velvet room is a train.

And the last station is your death.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Triggerhappypilot posted:

This is a cool idea, I can see this happening.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I really hope that they keep it to where the P4 plot concludes with Ultimax and we get a new game with new characters. I wouldn't be against there being some left over stuff to carry into Persona 5, but while I like a lot of the characters from 3/4, I do want to see some new ones.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Triggerhappypilot posted:

And the last station is your death.

All aboard the idea of Igor in a conductor outfit?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I kinda hope we do get persona 5 and the new arena is the lead up to the finale persona game or something.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The latest video just aired, and it appeared to be the culture festival scene with Ai, set instead on 11/23 and then gave some sort of horoscope thing.

E: now that I think about it, they're doing a daily horoscope.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

I really hope that they keep it to where the P4 plot concludes with Ultimax and we get a new game with new characters. I wouldn't be against there being some left over stuff to carry into Persona 5, but while I like a lot of the characters from 3/4, I do want to see some new ones.

Yeah, hopefully P5 references the previous games no more than P4 referenced 3. Fun little things like the school trip are great, but I don't want Teddie to join my party.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Yeah, hopefully P5 references the previous games no more than P4 referenced 3. Fun little things like the school trip are great, but I don't want Teddie to join my party.

I think my ideal amount of referencing would be on the level of Teddie replacing Igor in the Velvet Room, Elizabeth in your party and no-one else making an appearance at all. I think that's probably a totally unrealistic expectation though, because money.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

I think my ideal amount of referencing would be on the level of Teddie replacing Igor in the Velvet Room

Stop right there, we already have a problem. :colbert:

...they're totally not getting a new Japanese voice actor for Igor are they :smith:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
I'd be okay if in P5 you and the new characters just straight up join the shadow ops and hang out with old characters through that, but yeah it would be much better if the only connective scene is the one where officers Satonaka and Sanada arrest you

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Color Printer posted:

Stop right there, we already have a problem. :colbert:

...they're totally not getting a new Japanese voice actor for Igor are they :smith:

They got a replacement one for a CD drama, but he died in 2012 :smith:

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Personally I really liked the idea of an older protagonist and train concept. Maybe switch between say a cop, a Japanese businessman, and maybe a college student just to see some different perspectives of daily life from someone that isn't a high schooler. You can still get that, but it'll be in a college setting so some differences. Either that or have an older protagonist who saved the world at a younger age and is now older and coping with the fact that he's got some mystical power and trying to adjust to life, then mysterious circumstances happen. Either that or mix the cop and the older former hero thing. I think with how the personaverse works, it'd be a nice change of scenery.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The next event is at the top of the hour, after over two hours of waiting.

E: Visiting Nanako in the hospital on 11/23

Also, next event will be midnight channel at 10AM eastern. go to bed.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 23, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Dehry posted:

The next event is at the top of the hour, after over two hours of waiting.

A tiny clip of some Persona 4 event. The next event is apparently the next Midnight Channel viewing because it's in 12 hours.

What the hell Atlus. :geno:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
There appears to be little rhyme or reason for the varying intervals between events. Wonder if there's any significance to the total number of them?

Perhaps p-ch.jp will get an update before the Midnight Channel tomorrow.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

For those of you who care, the second Persona 3 film is scheduled for Summer 2014.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TurnipFritter posted:

For those of you who care, the second Persona 3 film is scheduled for Summer 2014.

How many films will be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How many films will be?

We don't know yet. I'm guessing three, because really four seems excessive, but then the first movie has a season in its name so it isn't like four movies is out of the question.