Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Dezztroy posted:

They gave the Jaw Sword a base 50% proc chance. Is that the highest in the game? Jaw Sword is still a piece of poo poo, but atleast it might be a fun to use piece of poo poo now.

From 11.0.3 patch notes: "Jaw sword Proc chance lowered from 50% to 10%."

Back to not caring about longswords at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I can't believe they buffed the Soma. :stonklol:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
For some reason, my Warframe now crashes on launch with a generic error. Verifying cache via the launcher does nothing, either. :(

e; disabling 64-bit mode fixed it, it seems, but I'd rather not run in 32-bit mode. :/

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 22, 2013

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Pierson posted:

Build whatever you think looks cool. There is of course an 'optimal' weapon set but right now with the damage changes nobody knows what they really are now. Since upgrading is entirely based around mods almost every weapon can be made extremely viable, so just peruse the market until you find something you like the look of.

That said here are some suggestions:

Boltor is a fun choice, it isn't hitscan but you can pin Grineer to the walls by their heads and it sounds like a nailgun from hell.
Strun is a great close-range shotgun and gets insane when you get a multi-shot mod for it.
Twin Vipers blow off like 40 rounds in a second and shred whatever's in front of you and make a DRRRRRRRRRRR noise when you do it. They eat all your ammo in seconds though, bring resupply items.
Vastos/Dual Vastos are space-six-shooters and what more do you want. Downside is of course only 6/12 shots.
Kunai are super-strong and when modded at 30 fire like four knives a second and reload in one second, they are nuts. Their bigger brother the Despair are even nastier.
Orthos has a great animation set and is strong as hell.
Glaive can be fun when you get it to bounce off like four dudes and then come back to you as you're still shooting. Hard to use though.
Clantech you won't see for a while since the material and mastery requirements are huge but there is tons of cool poo poo there too like a rocket launcher and laserguns and stuff!

Sounds good to me, thanks! Boltor is building now, and I just need to murder more mans on Mars for Salvage so I can start the Kunai next I guess.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

MJ12 posted:

So guys do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?
Clearly, the Crewman tripped, and the Lancer is in incredible agony from a Corpus boxhelmet ramming his balls like the British Navy.

Kanos posted:

I can't believe they buffed the Soma. :stonklol:
I thought it was more along the lines of rebuffing it back to its former state?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

MisterOblivious posted:

Oh hey, hotfix:
Stalker buff
Kunai trails toned down
Jaw Sword nerf; 10% proc
Social window adjustment
Soma buff
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/135065-hotfix-1103-hotter-than-ruk%E2%80%99s-guns/

Fixed Valkyr's bugged melee with Hysteria faster than I expected.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Where do you farm these multishot mods anyway? My regular strun (which was potato'd earlier in beta) seems a bit underwhelming. What's a good mod setup for the Strun?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Mostly as rewards from defense missions.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I got most of my rare mods jacking loot rooms in the void.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I just murder thousands of dudes in survival and mobile defense missions.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Did Ember get buffed with the release of EMber Prime? I've been out of the game for a bit and remember people saying she was rather weak.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

PrinnySquadron posted:

Did Ember get buffed with the release of EMber Prime? I've been out of the game for a bit and remember people saying she was rather weak.

No, but a month or two ago she got nerfed for some reason.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I just got through earth and am trying to farm up some morphics for a latron, would repeatedly smacking vor in his fat face be the easiest way at this point?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Oh, that's a shame. I was thinking of getting Prime Access for the Ember Prime, but I think I'll give it a pass in that case.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Anthrovore posted:

I just got through earth and am trying to farm up some morphics for a latron, would repeatedly smacking vor in his fat face be the easiest way at this point?

I had much better luck doing random Mars missions for them than farming Vor.

Also, I'm gonna start putting a group together for Void stuff so if anyone's interested hit me up.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 23, 2013

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fish Noise posted:

I thought it was more along the lines of rebuffing it back to its former state?

Yeah, but it was still a batshit insane weapon with the way status procs work even before they rebuffed it. Now it's like WHOAAAAAA.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
The recent patches seem to have broken the HUD for me. The first few missions had no HUD at all, the next one the HUD stopped updating, and then one after that worked. I logged in to a new patch and now the mini-map is not displaying the objective marker on doors, it looks like it's showing where the objective actually is. There also seems to be a ton of lag. :mad:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Someone with invite privileges get on and invite me I have filled out the required paperwork.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Holy poo poo am I sick of scanning Ospreys!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

hooah posted:

Holy poo poo am I sick of scanning Ospreys!

Shield, Mine, Leech, Raptor... at least there doesn't seem to be an entry for Fusion Moa drones.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Did the latest patch up the enemy count? I just soloed a Spy mission on Venus, because I hate myself apparently, and I got 200 kills. That seems excessive. I ran it earlier in the day and it was like half that. My first attempt at the mission ended when there were 15-20 guys in the starting room, and a couple turrets.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Man, the Valkyr seems like a lot of fun, and hitting Hysteria and barreling into dudes is great. Also, a loooooot of shouting.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Kanos posted:

Yeah, but it was still a batshit insane weapon with the way status procs work even before they rebuffed it. Now it's like WHOAAAAAA.

Naw, it was underperforming after U11 especially for the fact it is a level 6 weapon. It would've been more understandable if it were level 3. Now, if only they'd buff Ignis to be closer to its former self so I could kill Infested with it faster than a goddamn Braton. Still have to try out the new Flux Rifle.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
For those of you with a Volt gathering dust in your arsenal, I encourage you to try him again. Electric damage procs get totally out of control in a hurry! Everything you Shock will shock everything else in range. Add electronics to that in the case of Overload and the screen completely fills with numbers. Even against non-corpus, shock is still a cheap AoE stun.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

they said they have no record of my ravage mod. it's gone forever and they won't fix it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Has anyone seen if that screenshot option works for Steam screenshots too? Those are all I use. I also wish they would just add a button to toggle the HUD since there's an option for it but you have to go into the options menu to get to it. This game's graphics are so nice but the ugly HUD gets in the way a lot of the time.

Also if anyone is stuck on the mastery rank 9 test, I was kinda amused to find that you can use psychic bolts to instakill all the enemies from range and it's silent so they'll never detect you.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Also if anyone is stuck on the mastery rank 9 test, I was kinda amused to find that you can use psychic bolts to instakill all the enemies from range and it's silent so they'll never detect you.

I took someone's advice from a page or two ago and used my Rhino. Stomp wins everything.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Whoever made the clan badge did a great job, I'm definitely considering dropping the plat just to wear that badge, hahaha.

Krahe
Apr 6, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Ash is pretty much perfect for this test, as you can instakill all the enemies from range while invisible with a decent mod loadout.

Incidentally, the rank 11 run and gun mastery test is actually kind of hard. Anyone have suggestions?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is there any way to get Orikin cells before getting to planets past Earth or buying them with plat?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
e: ^^^ Orokin Cells can drop from all bosses. The bosses of planets where cells are a listed resource just have a higher chance.

Already had another 2 hotfixes put out, heh.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/135352-hotfix-1104/
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/135447-hotfix-1105/

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I AM THE MOON posted:

they said they have no record of my ravage mod. it's gone forever and they won't fix it.

That's the shotgun crit mod, right? I'll give you one of mine if you want it. My IGN is Charismo.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Amazon has a sale for platinum (+some mods and boosts) at 50% off until December 2. You'll get 1500 platinum for the $50 dollar package compared to 1050 platinum for the Prime Access $50 package. It's not as good a deal as getting a 50% off coupon in the daily login rewards, but it's still pretty good.

Piell fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 23, 2013

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Finally had a Rhino Systems drop. Started building the three components and decided to free up some credits by selling off my excess helmets and chassis. So apparently you can sell blueprints while you're building them?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I think I've stopped being a newbie, I think I understand the game now. A great way to rank up and also get mod cards is doing defense missions. The Braton is a beast; I'm killing things left and right and in my first mobile defense mission, an infestation mission, I got 187 kills and the next closest had 126 kills. When you fuse cards they double the stats on the card, and the mod space or whatever it's called goes up by one, you can also use fusion cores to fuse when you don't have matching cards. This means you should not max out your cards since they take up valuable space, and new gear won't be able to take high stat cards. You use transmute when you have a poo poo load of mods and want to clear out your inventory and gamble that you'll get a mod you want.

It feels so good understanding how the game works, the game no longer steams my carrots. The infestation missions are so cool, they reminds me of Left 4 Dead.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 23, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Yaos posted:

I think I've stopped being a newbie, I think I understand the game now. A great way to rank up and also get mod cards is doing defense missions. The Braton is a beast; I'm killing things left and right and in my first mobile defense mission, an infestation mission, I got 187 kills and the next closest had 126 kills. When you fuse cards they double the stats on the card, and the mod space or whatever it's called goes up by one, you can also use fusion cores to fuse when you don't have matching cards. This means you should not max out your cards since they take up valuable space, and new gear won't be able to take high stat cards.

It feels so good understanding how the game works, the game no longer steams my carrots.

Unfortunately you have learned the wrong lesson. You want to max out your cards, because it's more efficient. For example, Hellfire and Stormbringer each cost 6 points to equip (so 12 points total), and add +15% fire and +15% electricity. If you maxed out, Hellfire, it costs 11 points to equip and adds +90% fire damage, for a lot more damage overall. And you'll end up with plenty of low level mods to equip as you play more, while you use your high level mods as you potato/forma your poo poo.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Piell posted:

Unfortunately you have learned the wrong lesson. You want to max out your cards, because it's more efficient. For example, Hellfire and Stormbringer each cost 6 points to equip (so 12 points total), and add +15% fire and +15% electricity. If you maxed out, Hellfire, it costs 11 points to equip and adds +90% fire damage, for a lot more damage overall. And you'll end up with plenty of low level mods to equip as you play more, while you use your high level mods as you potato/forma your poo poo.

It's like a card game, once you figure it out you still have more to learn. I guess I'm still new. :sigh: I still enjoy the game though.

Is the number next to a planet when you hover over it the number of squads with an open slot? I thought I read somewhere it was the total number of squads on the mission, but I have my doubts that most missions have nobody playing on them.

And another thing, I decided to watch the Warframe quicklook on Giantbomb from January or Febuary and drat have there been a ton of changes since then.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 23, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Yaos posted:

I think I've stopped being a newbie, I think I understand the game now. A great way to rank up and also get mod cards is doing defense missions. The Braton is a beast; I'm killing things left and right and in my first mobile defense mission, an infestation mission, I got 187 kills and the next closest had 126 kills. When you fuse cards they double the stats on the card, and the mod space or whatever it's called goes up by one, you can also use fusion cores to fuse when you don't have matching cards. This means you should not max out your cards since they take up valuable space, and new gear won't be able to take high stat cards. You use transmute when you have a poo poo load of mods and want to clear out your inventory and gamble that you'll get a mod you want.

It feels so good understanding how the game works, the game no longer steams my carrots. The infestation missions are so cool, they reminds me of Left 4 Dead.

I don't put my money behind transmutation. It's expensive for what it is, has a low chance of spitting out useful stuff and those mods are better spent as fusion fodder for other mods you want to level up.

But yeah, max out mods when possible. The efficiency of leveled mods is way higher. If you're leveling weapons just for mastery rank then the majority of the time they'll have between 15-29 mod points available. A couple high rank damage mods are your best bet there. The low levels can be skipped past by equipping the weapon and letting it leech XP.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Thanks again for the farming help crowbear, also for letting me tag along on those harder missions. One of these days I'll learn not to die in a horrible laser/ lightning related incident.

...probably gonna be a while though.

Also trying to get my mic working, ps4 has keyboard support but you still have to go through the option and social menu to type as far as I can tell, which is a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Holy crap. Has anyone else hit the bug on the PS4 where they are playing, but suddenly they are no longer interacting with anything? My shots do nothing, I can't change weapons. Ive hit this like 4 times tonight