Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That would have been pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

-Spiffy- posted:

If you take 1 bail off before the ball comes, can you take the other or do you have to rip a stump out?

It's fine if one bail is still there

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Aaaaaaand then he nearly chops it on. gently caress they are a total mess.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Big scream here for a millisecond until I realised that sound was leg instead of stump. Stupid terrible hearing.

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003
Cricket in November is silly anyway

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
I am spitting the dummy and throwing toys out of the pram over not being able to get to a TV right now

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Sounds like you need to purchase a streaming subscription in the Cricket Australia app

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hey, Australia is somehow not terrible this test.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Eight wickets in two days. What's the weather forecast?

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Hyperriker posted:

Eight wickets in two days. What's the weather forecast?

80% chance of rain and lightning tomorrow. Monday's not looking too bad.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Feral Jesus posted:

How about when he gets 100?

then hes shithouse for the next 3 years

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

ill always think of faux-tony greig's summary in one of the twelfth man series "here we are at the gabba where the forecast is to be stinking loving hot, stinking loving humid, with the chance of some stinking loving rain"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im still cautiously optimistic that England can win this.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

serious gaylord posted:

Im still cautiously optimistic that England can win this.

If you win from here just lock in the 5-0 without bowling a single further ball all summer and we'll all have a beer (VB, because that's what we deserve) and just go home and straight to bed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im going to be stumbling in from a wedding around lunch so I'm fully expecting us to be 9 down.

At this point im just hoping Prior knows which end of the bat to hold.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
It'd be pretty cool if stuart broad hit a match saving double century

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

are we letting them win to keep test cricket alive? makes you think

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I wouldnt shut up about that for at least a decade.

thehappyprince posted:

are we letting them win to keep test cricket alive? makes you think

I think we dont want 2 dead rubbers at the end of a series. Sky subscribers wont bother watching it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Just got back after being out for the afternoon/evening, and welp. Nice to feel optimistic for a change, although I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the best day's play we'll get this summer :ohdear:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
You guys all need to go buy Ashes Cricket 2013 on steam, it is an excellent game.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Gough Suppressant posted:

You guys all need to go buy Ashes Cricket 2013 on steam, it is an excellent game.

1999 would be ashamed of how lovely that games graphics are

edit: for comparison another sports game made this year

sweetroy fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 23, 2013

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Stunner of a crowd catch in the Wellington v Auckland T20 tonight, dude was full stretch down over the railings one handed while holding onto his seat with one of his legs.

Ryder has a couple of minor injuries so is out of the tour match v West Indies, I guess were planning to slot him in to the test side for Williamson but I'm not sure who will bat 3, perhaps McCullum. Vettori and Southee should be good to go so the team looks not terrible. As for the Windies, Gayle is out for a while which is a huge relief since he averages a thousand against us. Also their only bowler who got wickets in in India Shane Shillingford was reported for chucking, as was Marlon Samuels (again). Not sure what impact that will have on their selection.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Shillingford? I didn't think he looked dodgy at all.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'm beginning to come round to Quanta's thinking about Trott. It's not a recent thing - he's been bad for about 2 years now.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

Shillingford? I didn't think he looked dodgy at all.

He's been reported before too. Apparently he chucks his doosra, but then who doesn't chuck their doosra?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

I'm beginning to come round to Quanta's thinking about Trott. It's not a recent thing - he's been bad for about 2 years now.

I think people know where to bowl to him that hes not comfortable with now. And they also know that if you give him some short stuff at the start of his innings he's going to go even further into his shell.

Its Cook i'm most disappointed with right now, he was turning into one of the best batsmen England have produced but he seems incapable of moving his feet all of a sudden.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Smorgasbord posted:

He's been reported before too. Apparently he chucks his doosra, but then who doesn't chuck their doosra?

I'm not quite sure how it's possible to bowl one without chucking? Everybody I've seen who gets one going back the other way chucks it. Botha comes to mind, along with a more obvious culprit

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
An actual doosra is impossible with a straight arm. Upto 15 degrees bend is legal now, but every bowler I've seen who used it always looked like 30 degrees. Of course these days idiot commentators have started calling the topspinner as doosra which can be bowled legit.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

alex loudon used to bowl a doosra by flicking it with his fingers. apparently it was well poo poo tho

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It doesn't take long for the macho childish bollocks to come out with Australia does it http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25065458

There's 3 days gone out of 25, wind your neck in a bit lads.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
But he's basically just saying what even you lot are saying about Trott. Except that he's Warner, so he comes across as a pillock.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Well yeah he's right, but it's pretty tactless to say the dismissal was 'poor and weak'. This test isn't even over. Warner must be a journo's dream, he always makes unguarded comments like that. He's like a real life version of Warwick Todd at times.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Shmoses posted:

Well yeah he's right, but it's pretty tactless to say the dismissal was 'poor and weak'. This test isn't even over. Warner must be a journo's dream, he always makes unguarded comments like that. He's like a real life version of Warwick Todd at times.

Just opens him up for exactly the same comments when he gets out.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Can we literally put a muzzle on Warner between innings?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress that, give Warner a loud-hailer and park him outside the England team hotel overnight.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
2 bad days doesn't mean poo poo in test cricket. Broad will save us a draw and we will move on. Hopefully leaving Trott tied to a lampost naked with a dingo hanging off his face.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
poms had us at 6/132, couple of days later and now the bbc has articles up about trott and swan's future in question

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Negligent posted:

poms had us at 6/132, couple of days later and now the bbc has articles up about trott and swan's future in question

Why do you upside down people quote your cricket scores the wrong way around? It's 132/6 dammit!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Negligent posted:

The Swann stuff is clearly bullshit, but there should've been questions about Trott's future during the last series. It's just his awful batting didn't look as bad in comparison to all the other awful batting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
He doesn't look great against the short ball and it was an especially poor shot to play but warner should pipe down with the trolling to at least after Adelaide where trott could score a million runs.

• Locked thread