Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
GO YOU TINY MAN GO

AND HERE COMES FAT CARLOS :black101:

Tongues fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
A nice start for Ange. Good passing and a well controlled game. Also great to see Tiny Tim get another goal.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

A nice start for Ange. Good passing and a well controlled game. Also great to see Tiny Tim get another goal.

Definitely. There are obviously some kinks to work out, but it quite honestly looked like we were in control and comfortably for the majority of the game. You can see how the play is linking up and movement off the ball is looking a lot stronger - it's just a shame we don't have a few more friendlies soon to try and really gel everyone together.

And the commentators were saying that Rogic has barely had any senior game time at Celtic, his touch was magnificent and I'm really excited to see him after he's been starting regularly somewhere. Ditto for Tommy Oar, Leckie, McKay, and Milligan. The next crop is looking a little more promising now!

I'm still pissed at the universe for taking Ange from us and leaving us with Muscat, but I concede that a lovely national side is good for no one and doesn't really help legitimize the league.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Now you mexican cunts know how we felt when you took Ange from us.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

Now you mexican cunts know how we felt when you took Ange from us.

It was funny when we did it :saddowns:

roarcelona
Feb 13, 2012

Laughing at Sydney FC
Forever and Ever
Very much looking forward to our nationally televised gently caress YOU to the Wanderers on Friday.

Can't spoil our surprise but let's just say it involves their claim to be the heartland of football.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lucas Neil was interviewed on Grandstand and I was all ready to get angry at him and call him a this and that, but he ended up making pertinent points. One of his main points was that Pim actually did really well, but we assumed as a nation that that was a baseline performance, and not us performing well, and he'll just be remembered for making one mistake and that was against Germany and that's a bit harsh.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I kind of have a love-hate thing with Neill, mostly because I get sucked in on all the hating as if he was the talisman and every game depended on his performance. The people in the crowd booing him against Costa Rica are loving spastics though, what more could they have wanted??

His comments about the younger players not showing the ambition to start for the Socceroos rubbed me the wrong way, but it's not like he gets to select the squad.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Yeeeeeesssssss get hosed Wanderers!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

They're still in this. Whoever is playing left back for Roar is atrocious.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
True. Cracking game, I forgot how much more I enjoy watching when Victory aren't giving me heart palpitations.

Nice crowd too, sounds pretty big!

Edit 1: What i the crowd saying when WSW take goal kicks? Sounds terrifying/awesome

Edit:Holy gently caress great goal

Tongues fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 22, 2013

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

True. Cracking game, I forgot how much more I enjoy watching when Victory aren't giving me heart palpitations.

Nice crowd too, sounds pretty big!

Edit 1: What i the crowd saying when WSW take goal kicks? Sounds terrifying/awesome

Edit:Holy gently caress great goal

Something like you're poo poo AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also three best goals in the a league ever, in the same game, by the same team. The roar are so good.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Those were all some quality goals. Victory better win tomorrow otherwise I'm gonna be leaning towards the Muscat out side of things.

Abominable Toaster
Mar 19, 2009

NinjaSteve posted:

Those were all some quality goals. Victory better win tomorrow otherwise I'm gonna be leaning towards the Muscat out side of things.

You say that as though Muscat out would be a bad thing

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

He's very much a club icon at this point, and I wouldn't want to get rid of him for no reason. I just worry that he's not up to scratch.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NinjaSteve posted:

Wait what? He's only been in charge for, what, three games?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I wanna get behind him but I really just dislike him as a person player. I remember meeting Danny Allsopp once at a team function and he used to talk about how good Muscat was for the team, and told us a few of his old tactics. Once during a game in Adelaide Muscat picked out a young defender who he was just gonna give poo poo to the entire game, really trying to get in his head and just generally being a magnificent cock. Every time Victory would lose the ball, Muscat would yell out "Don't worry, [player I can't remember the name of] will give it back to us!" Apparently by the end of the game the guy was a nervous wreck, and Muscat had got into his head so bad that he stuffed up just about every touch.

There's some sort of odd perception that we wouldn't have lost the last couple of games if Ange was still in charge, as if Ange could somehow put the ball in the back of the net after all the build up against the Sydneys. One of the soulless pundits on SBS mentioned that it looked like Muscat had great plan A's, but his plan B's are a bit poo poo whereas Ange seemed to always have another trick up his sleeve. Of course, that's mostly rose-tints and probably a bit of wishful thinking, since all the tactical nous in the world can't help if we're a bit toothless up front and porous at the back end.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Muscat is a oval office so him and your oval office club deserve eachother

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shmoses posted:

Wait what? He's only been in charge for, what, three games?

Yeah, too soon and all that, but honestly I think he's been given the position too soon. I'm sure he's a very good coach, but I think following in the footsteps of a coach who we'd all kinda assumed would win the title this season is putting way too much pressure on him, and while he's always been great under pressure, I don't think he's going to be able to live up to the billing that's been given to the squad. I'd rather him not get out per se, but that he work under another manager until the end of the season and possibly take over then.

Plus from his few games so far, he's got the worrying tendency that Merrick had towards the end of his stint to put way too much faith in the older players to see out a game, even when they obviously don't have the legs for it.

Tongues posted:

I remember meeting Danny Allsopp once at a team function and he used to talk about how good Muscat was for the team, and told us a few of his old tactics. Once during a game in Adelaide Muscat picked out a young defender who he was just gonna give poo poo to the entire game, really trying to get in his head and just generally being a magnificent cock. Every time Victory would lose the ball, Muscat would yell out "Don't worry, [player I can't remember the name of] will give it back to us!" Apparently by the end of the game the guy was a nervous wreck, and Muscat had got into his head so bad that he stuffed up just about every touch.

I think it was Ashley Young who said that he played against Muscat on debut, and during the handshakes Musky very calmly intimated that if he got past him once, he'd break his legs so it wouldn't happen again.

I rated him as a player in the A-League, but only up until about 2 years before he retired. Before then, he had a blend of aggression, athleticism and technique that worked well, if obviously harshly. After that, all he had left were the leg-breakers.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

Muscat is a oval office so him and your oval office club deserve eachother
Was it you that took an Australian flag with an anti-Melbourne Victory epithet on it to the World Cup?

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

roarcelona posted:

Very much looking forward to our nationally televised gently caress YOU to the Wanderers on Friday.

Can't spoil our surprise but let's just say it involves their claim to be the heartland of football.

And here I thought roarcelona was going to be a gimmick account :unsmith:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

dj_pain posted:

And here I thought roarcelona was going to be a gimmick account :unsmith:

Seriously, that game was loving great. If Brisbane could work on composure and not giving away the ball so much, the Wanderers wouldn't have started knocking on the door.

And I also agree that Muscat definitely has the weight of expectation on him, when Ange left Muscat would have got to enjoy all the fans definitely me immediately lamenting that we'd be hosed now :qq:

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Shmoses posted:

Was it you that took an Australian flag with an anti-Melbourne Victory epithet on it to the World Cup?

Ahh yeah forgot about that.

GT's

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Haha. That's a bit sad bro. Do you like Sydney as much as you hate the Victory?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
On my lovely phone that just looks like a flag with F and the pi symbol. Are you saying gently caress trigonometry? Cos I can get right behind that

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Let out an absolute loving scream of joy as that last goal went in. GO SYDNEY! The last fifteen minutes looked like we'd lose, can't believe we picked up the win!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
That was a bloody magic goal from Despotovic. Just calm as poo poo, all class

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:
:gizz::gizz::gizz:

:chord:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Adelaide is fast developing a rep for sucking hard at etitard.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

Adelaide is fast developing a rep for sucking hard at etitard.

I honestly don't understand how this happened. I think this is a good example of why you can't blame the coach for losses

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Only listened to the Adelaide v Melbourne game on the radio but losing 3-0 when we were a man up for the whole second half just makes me :smith:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Holy poo poo lads what a result. Muscat made some good decisions tonight, most of all finally dropping Geria. Set the team up perfectly for the second half, although the score flattered us. Went absolutely apeshit when we scored the second, especially after such an atrocious dive for the penalty.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

The best part was when someone gave him a bay 22 scarf

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

dj_pain posted:

The best part was when someone gave him a bay 22 scarf

While I did enjoy the Sydney game, my spooge was dedicated to Melbourne Victory's win over Adelaide. Holy gently caress, seriously. If you missed, do yourself a favour and check out the highlights

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Mariners :smug:

We really need a theft emote. Feel sorry for Perf there, but it just seemed today was the day to pick up an injury, and the Mariners eventually capitalised. We are a much better side with McGlinchey on the park, who complements the mad Argentine well.

But Mariners still need to work on defence, and transition still wasn't as good as it's been. But they'll get there.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Shmoses posted:

Haha. That's a bit sad bro. Do you like Sydney as much as you hate the Victory?

:rolleyes:

Good one. Go to games much?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
This week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is back at it's normal time and day with Melbourne Heart vs Newcastle Jets starting at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
3 goals for Taggart! Come on goal 4

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Gee, the Heart are truly abject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009