Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

The Reddit free-speech crowd has that, infinite personal rights, libertarian viewpoint.

Being white, American dudes, they have no clue how to react when a laissez faire approach doesn't directly benefit them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

Your Gay Uncle posted:

the First Amendment gives me the right to do or say anything I want at any time, without any repercussions. disagreeing with me is literally Hitler censorship.

You take away your obtuse additional "to do" and that's pretty much accurate. I'm not sure you understand how to sarcasm.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Hilarion posted:

You take away your obtuse additional "to do" and that's pretty much accurate. I'm not sure you understand how to sarcasm.

You seem cool and smart. Smarter than most.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Teabiscuit posted:

http://np.reddit.com/user/Bitcoined

tl;dr Kid gets $1.25m inheritance [x2, 2 children] , loses 500k to shady people right off the bat , 'day trades' away another 450k on bitcoin. Explain's he wants to continue 'day trading' to make back the money he lost. His sister think's he's doubled her inheritance.

Ohhh loving bitconers

quote:

I "technically" owe my sister $375,000. I only have near to $280,000 [18 hours ago, it's probably worth like $12 in bitcoin (or $900 million) now] left. If I split that with her then I will only have $140,000 for myself left. That isn't enough. She might be mad too.

quote:

By stopping there, my sister and I can split $75,000

($2,500,000) / (bitcoin) = $75,000

Buy high sell low errday

MisterOblivious has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Nov 23, 2013

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

Dark Weasel posted:

You seem cool and smart. Smarter than most.

See? That's much better.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Your Gay Uncle posted:

the creepshots one was better. r/creepshots was just predditors taking upskirt shots or just pictures of girls who didn't know they were being photographed (in their high school classrooms by their teacher). the comments were basically "loving slut", "Look at this stupid whore", "this bitch wants so much dick".

It's amazing how redditors will defend your right to take upskirt photos of underage women from a position of power (teacher) while ranting about the abuses of people in power (r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut/)

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Fauxtool posted:

whoo, sic balls

It took me a dozen replays to see what's going on here.

holy poo poo!

Not sure if "toss dog over counter" or "fumble gun, clerk recovers" is the best robbery footage ever.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 646 days!)

Rob Ford posted:

Quick boxing question. That guy's arm looks like it was almost fully extended when he made contact with the other guy's face. Is that what you want, ideally, to hit the guy at the outer limits of your reach?

No. That was the last punch of a long combo that just happened to tag him right in the sweet spot on his chin and knock him out. It was basically an accident. Go find the whole fight, it's an important moment in American history.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

MisterOblivious posted:

holy poo poo!

Not sure if "toss dog over counter" or "fumble gun, clerk recovers" is the best robbery footage ever.

Apparently its from a dog training video. Which is lucky in a way, because if a gun was currently pointed at me I wouldn't really want a dog to bite down on the wrist of the guy holding it. Seems like it could have unintended consequences.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm glad thats a training video because I was worried someone would chime in that the robber shot and killed the dog.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

No. That was the last punch of a long combo that just happened to tag him right in the sweet spot on his chin and knock him out. It was basically an accident. Go find the whole fight, it's an important moment in American history.

If by accident you mean he was swinging punches aimed at the guy's face and then one of those punches hit the guy's face, then yes, it was a complete accident.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I'm glad thats a training video because I was worried someone would chime in that the robber shot and killed the dog.

It looks like he might have dropped the gun behind the counter to me, but it's really hard to tell.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Humans and dogs, Team Number #1! Help that pooch get over that counter! Good human, good!

jabby posted:

Apparently its from a dog training video. Which is lucky in a way, because if a gun was currently pointed at me I wouldn't really want a dog to bite down on the wrist of the guy holding it. Seems like it could have unintended consequences.

You'll notice that the dog has to twist the robber's arm in order to lock his jaws, pointing the gun to towards the wall and away from his clerk buddy.

Ignite Memories posted:

It looks like he might have dropped the gun behind the counter to me, but it's really hard to tell.
He does, you can see it tumble out of his hand. Its really clear, actually.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MisterOblivious posted:

It's amazing how redditors will defend your right to take upskirt photos of underage women from a position of power (teacher) while ranting about the abuses of people in power (r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut/)

Not to defend reddit, but you realize it's a huge site, right? That's like saying "It's amazing how those SA goons will complain about the military in D&D, while they also talk about how fun it is in the military in GiP".

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

ekuNNN posted:

Not to defend reddit, but you realize it's a huge site, right? That's like saying "It's amazing how those SA goons will complain about the military in D&D, while they also talk about how fun it is in the military in GiP".

It was the admins of Reddit that were defending the pedos, though. Not just the average poster.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

It was the admins of Reddit that were defending the pedos, though. Not just the average poster.

Exactly, if Y Kant Ozma Post defended aatrek, imagine the shitstorm.

Note:I am well aware this did/would not happen, just a recent example of a hypothetical.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone talk about how fun the military is in GIP.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlmightyBob posted:

Ah yeah, that is hosed up.

Dusseldorf posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone talk about how fun the military is in GIP.

haha yeah, I realized after posting that that it's mostly the opposite actually :v:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's not nerd rage to be pissed when a $500 piece of equipment doesn't work as intended.

I'm consistently amazed at how many people will wait in line to hand over their hard earned money for first generation electronics, especially game systems. I really, really don't get it. Same with the lines for i-phones and stuff. I think those people deserve what they get, frankly.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm consistently amazed at how many people will wait in line to hand over their hard earned money for first generation electronics, especially game systems. I really, really don't get it. Same with the lines for i-phones and stuff. I think those people deserve what they get, frankly.

Game consoles don't go through major iterations like most consumer electronics. A lot of these problems, like the DRM and Kinect issues have been known for months and went unfixed. Sony also just had an incredibly smooth launch with the PS4 and one of the major developers for 343 Industries, developers of the Halo series, left to work for a Sony studio and tweeted about how much nicer it was to work on Playstation dev software instead of Windows 8.

EDIT: Oh, and people have been finding developer test discs in their consoles. There's a lot of schadenfreude to go around basically.

1stGear has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Nov 23, 2013

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1stGear posted:

Game consoles don't go through major iterations like most consumer electronics.

Wait, what do you mean by this? The Xbox 360 had like eight different revisions I think? (Well seven I guess since the first one can't be a revision.)

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wait, what do you mean by this? The Xbox 360 had like eight different revisions I think? (Well seven I guess since the first one can't be a revision.)

Most of those iterations were minor changes that increased hard drive space or were linked to a specific game release. You can't really compare it to smartphones which generally aim for increased functionality with each iteration.

"Early adopter", unless its a raw, completely new product, is also a terrible excuse for a product with fundamental flaws.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Sgt Showtime posted:

I never really understood the whole "it's his freedom of speech to be a pedo" argument. Even if it were the case, it would then be just as much a freedom of speech for someone else to out him for his shittiness.

The thing about this idea that really gets me is that there have been actual pedos who have posted "I have never abused anyone, I just have no sexual desire for anyone but kids and it sucks" posts in AMA or something and even those guys don't get outed. You really have to cross a bunch of very fat red lines before anyone on Reddit is going to start trying to take internet into real life. And people who bitch inevitably pretend that what was said is no different from someone posting they're an Atheist on /r/Atheism and then having someone contact that person's very religious family and outing them as non-religious or something similar.

I don't have a goddamn clue though, where these guys got the idea that anonymity is part of free speech rights. It takes a particular kind of person to think that they have the right to say anything they want and never stand behind it. If anonymity was part of free speech we'd have no anti-bullying or harassment laws anywhere.

Grem posted:

I can't understand people that are ignorant of the fact that the Bill of Rights was created to protect people from the government, not other people.

Basically this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1stGear posted:

Most of those iterations were minor changes that increased hard drive space or were linked to a specific game release. You can't really compare it to smartphones which generally aim for increased functionality with each iteration.

"Early adopter", unless its a raw, completely new product, is also a terrible excuse for a product with fundamental flaws.

Yes but they also improved stability a few times (and added HDMI I guess?) so the point still stands that you probably shouldn't buy a first-generation console. At least not a MS one. :shrug:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Say Nothing posted:

Incompetent criminals are good for schadenfreude.

This is just plain bad luck, though. Still schadenfreude.

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

Mikl posted:

Haha what's the story behind this one?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

holy poo poo!

This one's pretty good too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rpY3Ke8gnw

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yes but they also improved stability a few times (and added HDMI I guess?) so the point still stands that you probably shouldn't buy a first-generation console. At least not a MS one. :shrug:

Fair enough, though I'd argue that you don't buy a console with the expectation of upgrading it in a few years like a smartphone. You buy it with the expectation that you'll use it for the entirety of the console generation.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

The_Hatt posted:

Haha what's the story behind this one?

The three dudes walked into a pharmacy and shouted "NOBODY MOVE THIS IS A ROBBERY".

In the pharmacy there was a cop that had just come off-duty and was doing some shopping before going home.

Also, the gif cuts off, but the original footage shows another view from the outside camera that shows the two others guys running away.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Earth First members bawl their eyes out over dead trees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUDEmMjC-c

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
Impatient driver overtakes slow-moving cars on icy road, with predictable results.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Mikl posted:

Edit: haha nvm, thought he had a gun.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mikl posted:

Also, the gif cuts off, but the original footage shows another view from the outside camera that shows the two others guys running away.

You can still see them cheese it and it is glorious.

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW
From the bitcoin thread:

quote:

Unprepared officials blindsided by sophisticated virus call experience 'an education'

sophisticamated

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I'm trying to find a video of cars sliding down a hill during a snow storm. It's similar to this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZCyQ3emQg but it's during the day I think and there's a guy or two watching out the window alerting everyone to get out of the way and one car manages to nail every car parked on the street.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
My favorite "robber getting owned" gif is this one, purely because the two guys in the background are so unsure of how to handle the situation. "Uh, hit him with a wet floor sign while he's getting choked out! Yeah!"

garanzia
Jun 8, 2004
Cliched as it may be, I can't think of a title. OH SHI
An excellent lesson on how not to use facebook.

quote:

Police captured a suspect in a Texas car break-in spree on Monday minutes after he posted the words "catch me if u can" to the department's Facebook page.

Police posted photos of brothers Rolando and Damian Lozano to Facebook on Monday, with a description saying Damian was in custody on charges of burglarizing 17 vehicles in Rosenberg, but Rolando was still at large. Police asked for tips about where Rolando could be found.

Oddly, a Facebook user under the name Rolando Lozano posted a taunting remark on the exact thread containing his wanted photo, according to a screen shot from the Rosenberg Police.

"F*** all yall hoes, im innocent, catch me if you can muthasuckas [sic]" Lozano wrote.

Challenge accepted.

"Rolando Lozano ... we caught you five minutes after you posted this ... Thank you to the community for your help!!!" the Rosenberg Police Department wrote.

The police department's follow-up says officers found Rolando at a family member's house where he was hiding.

(source)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjXJBpV9YRI
I love that one. Old lady who owns a jewelry store shoots at some armed robbers. The 5 of them all leg it out of the store, bumping into each other at the door like a Three Stooges bit.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

E - Meh, nevermind.

\/ I don't think he came off as a wuss, Wheelchair Guy seems to have it under control.

pro starcraft loser has a new favorite as of 05:40 on Nov 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

My favorite "robber getting owned" gif is this one, purely because the two guys in the background are so unsure of how to handle the situation. "Uh, hit him with a wet floor sign while he's getting choked out! Yeah!"

Who knew that a man in a wheelchair would have that much upper-body strength? I wonder how wet floor sign guy recounted this story without sounding like a total wuss.

• Locked thread