Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So has the Ratting Rapture happened yet? Are all ISKtar hulls now nothing but cold floating husks endlessly drifting through the dark depths of space?

(I am legitimately curious.)

e: Wrong thread!

Siets fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Siets posted:

So has the Ratting Rapture happened yet? Are all ISKtar hulls now nothing but cold floating husks endlessly drifting through the dark depths of space?

(I am legitimately curious.)

What.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
There were pages upon pages of discussion from a few weeks ago where people were predicting the end of AFK ratting as we know it by hot-dropping interceptors swarming Deklein post-Rubicon. I am referring to that.

e: Wrong thread, holy poo poo, woops! Sorry for the Evechat.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Siets posted:

There were pages upon pages of discussion from a few weeks ago where people were predicting the end of AFK ratting as we know it by hot-dropping interceptors swarming Deklein post-Rubicon. I am referring to that.

e: Wrong thread, holy poo poo, woops! Sorry for the Evechat.

you're lucky we're in low sec.

But really who do we think the new GMs are? I'm curious. Did anyone figure out who Uthgaard's play character was?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Uthgaard is Sirduh, duh.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

was just on playing, but the DDoS silliness got the lag to an unplayable level. Oh well...

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Migz posted:

Is enchanter charm busted on this server? I remember getting my enchanter up to 29 or so and charm only lasting a good 30 seconds at most. (with ok cha gear) Or does it get better with higher level charm?

I've been playing my enchanter quite a lot these last couple of weeks. Charm works quite well for me. Even with a charisma in the mid 100s, I'm still charming the gently caress out of blues. Evens and up are too dicey but I have very few problems charming a blue and letting it cage match another blue. Breaking charm and nuking both when <20% has gotten me from 16 to 31 in no time at all.

All this talk about Knix has me curious. I always knew her as a caring mom type (with super loud frogs in her yard) but she got all cold when VD joined us. I still talk to her from time to time even though she's "in the evil empire now". Her words. :v

If Chest gets any sort of power on this server, God help us.

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
It'd probably be worse if Shinko got power. Then again, everyone would know it was him immediately from his inability to type simple words properly.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Funkutron5000 posted:

It'd probably be worse if Shinko got power. Then again, everyone would know it was him immediately from his inability to type simple words properly.

It'd be best if he started streaming it too, so we could hear his extremely distinct voice. Maybe he'd mask it.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Active raiding guild leaders, raid leaders, and officers have been GMs/guides before, not to mention devs, so there's a precedent for all of these things!

EDIT: Yes, on P99.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 20, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Active raiding guild leaders, raid leaders, and officers have been GMs/guides before, not to mention devs, so there's a precedent for all of these things!

Do you mean on p99? I know a lot of players were guides on live, but they didn't guide/gm their own server. =P

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I read the thread on the P99 forums about the DDoSing. Sounds like they have implemented changes to their datacenter's networking and set up an attack profile to intercept the incoming traffic flood. A few posts make it sound like the lag only lasts for a few minutes at a time before the profile is recognized and service restores. Anybody able to confirm this? I'd like to log in and play, but I'm scared to go level in Ocean of Tears and then have to do a corpse run because of DDoSing. :(

Also curious if the exp bonus is back up to 50%, and if so, for how long? Rogean posted saying it would return to 50% on the 18th of this month in honor the of the EQMac shutdown, but he didn't say in that post how long it would stay at 50%.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Lag is definitely still happening, so avoid dangerous soloing endeavors far from your bindpoint for now.

XP bonuses are a fairly whimsical affair on P99. It may take a bit for the 50% to get reinstated, but once it's back it will probably last for weeks longer than originally intended.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

XP bonuses are a fairly whimsical affair on P99. It may take a bit for the 50% to get reinstated, but once it's back it will probably last for weeks longer than originally intended.
Are you implying the 50% bonus is NOT currently active? Just curious, as I never saw a firm yes or no for it being back.

Finally making it into a level range where there will be more players & places to group instead of a few scattered spots! It's such a difficult thing to be used to playing as a mage--able to solo whenever and wherever you desire, only to find yourself playing as one of the most group necessary classes.

Also...anyone have the following items to sell cheap/give away:
Brigadine Tunic
Executioner's Hood
Hero Bracer
Mithril Vambraces

Migz
Apr 27, 2006
So I finally logged back in and for some reason my characters are all naked... Any one have some spare enchanter gear for my lv 27 encha? Will be a breeze bitch till I get clarity :D

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Migz posted:

So I finally logged back in and for some reason my characters are all naked... Any one have some spare enchanter gear for my lv 27 encha? Will be a breeze bitch till I get clarity :D

If you didn't give your stuff away, that means someone else has access to your account and stripped you. Might want to change your login.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
Anyone want to trade Sainy's Claw for a shaman weapon? Someone just randomly gave it to me.

Migz
Apr 27, 2006
Well, I'm a nakid 28 enchanter if I could grab an invite and some starter gear. Name: Dios

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
I'm tooling about as a 5 monk in my free time as Trentoni, an invite would be great, can't seem to find any of ya'll with /who
Also if anyone has some trash monk gear they'd feel like parting with I'll take it off your hands

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

gepgepgep posted:

Are you implying the 50% bonus is NOT currently active? Just curious, as I never saw a firm yes or no for it being back.

Finally making it into a level range where there will be more players & places to group instead of a few scattered spots! It's such a difficult thing to be used to playing as a mage--able to solo whenever and wherever you desire, only to find yourself playing as one of the most group necessary classes.

Also...anyone have the following items to sell cheap/give away:
Brigadine Tunic
Executioner's Hood
Hero Bracer
Mithril Vambraces

I have no idea if it's active and I don't think anyone else does either because Rogean rarely does a good job about making sure people know what's going on. I really wish they'd go back to using the server MOTD for useful things.

Anyway, I have some rogue stuff for you and will be happy to pass out invites and newbie cash as well next week when I have time to log on again. Hooray for holidays!

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

I have no idea if it's active and I don't think anyone else does either because Rogean rarely does a good job about making sure people know what's going on. I really wish they'd go back to using the server MOTD for useful things.

Anyway, I have some rogue stuff for you and will be happy to pass out invites and newbie cash as well next week when I have time to log on again. Hooray for holidays!
Sounds about right...the guy's communication skills are awful.

Do it! I'd love cash/gear to fill in my needy slots. Think you'll be on at all this weekend?

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
For those of you goons who raid, what guilds are you in? I hit 60 on my Ench and I want to go do the Planes/Dragons.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Yomofo posted:

For those of you goons who raid, what guilds are you in? I hit 60 on my Ench and I want to go do the Planes/Dragons.

I'm in BDA, there's a few others in BDA as well, however FE/IB are your best bets for non TMO dragon getting .

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I tried to join BDA for some raiding but honestly unless you're a student or can randomly wake up at 3AM to kill some pixels it doesn't seem to work out very well. I can play weekday evenings like once or twice a week and weekends and I think I only managed like 2 raids in a month.

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
Cool, thanks. What's your name in game again? I forgot to add you to my friend list the other day. What do you think about Taken? I got a friend in there I might go play with.

Edit: I'm working part time right now for maybe another month or so I got a little time left. It looks like my Taken friend is quitting so I'll apply tonight and give it a shot.

Yomofo fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 23, 2013

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
FE/IB managed to put together a KS force and snag exp on Druushk in VP tonight. Someone from TMO decided to come in and ninja/ destroy the loot on the corpse. I'm guessing nothing will happen!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Funkutron5000 posted:

FE/IB managed to put together a KS force and snag exp on Druushk in VP tonight. Someone from TMO decided to come in and ninja/ destroy the loot on the corpse. I'm guessing nothing will happen!

...wow. That's amazing, and I can't wait for the drama from this.

hayden. posted:

I tried to join BDA for some raiding but honestly unless you're a student or can randomly wake up at 3AM to kill some pixels it doesn't seem to work out very well. I can play weekday evenings like once or twice a week and weekends and I think I only managed like 2 raids in a month.

FYI, BDA doesn't really do the 3 am raid bullshit. We have a batphone and all that, but we generally go for targets by doing farming near targets due to pop (like golem farming during Trak, Fear / Hate when gods are in window, etc), plus just normal Sky raids.

TMO/FE-IB, yeah, they're the guys fielding raid forces at all hours. We'll pop a batphone at that time (if you're on the "24 hour" list), but realistically that's not anything we're interested in.

And if you really WANT and MUST kill gods, you have to join one of those two gods. Most likely TMO for the current endgame.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 23, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Thanks again for Chardok tonight Sirduh!

Looks like DDOSer is at it again, so I'm calling it a night.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Good to see Invalid/Unknown guild getting a second wind.

If any of you guys are in the 16-20 level ranges, I have a 20 necro, shaman and wizard that I'd love to start leveling up.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I've got a 13 chanter and I'm currently in 'Supremacy' (lol) but wouldn't at all mind a switch. Anybody have invite privs?

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Any happen to have some Ranger gear like ivy etched just sitting around?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

smuggler posted:

I've got a 13 chanter and I'm currently in 'Supremacy' (lol) but wouldn't at all mind a switch. Anybody have invite privs?

Every goon in that guild should have invite capabilities, if not, see if you can find me online. I've been sparse this past week or so due to extensive shooting of mans in battlefield 4.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

iNteg posted:

Every goon in that guild should have invite capabilities, if not, see if you can find me online. I've been sparse this past week or so due to extensive shooting of mans in battlefield 4.

Most people can't invite, I guess only the GL can make people officers to invite and he hasn't been around in awhile.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Maed posted:

Most people can't invite, I guess only the GL can make people officers to invite and he hasn't been around in awhile.

If the guy who plays Illtair is busy this weekend, i'll make it a point to log into him and officer you guys up.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'll be around some this week to do more invites and O-tagging. There's over 20 people with officer tags, they're probably just being lazy. I'm probably going to make my druid's info relatively goon-public again so there will be an officer tagged porter for people to log in and scrape up new folks.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

In about 9 levels, my wizard will be able to port around too. Trying to make the most of the exp bonus since (finally) hitting 60 on my warrior.

Iksar warriors rule, by the way. gently caress ogres.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You can check if you have officer by doing:

/guildstatus

Then if you do, just do /guildinvite.

I have officer, and would be happy to invite any new Iksar on Kunark. I am back to leveling at the Warslik Woods giant fort at the moment. Just send a whisper to Xeirak. I am usually on every evening (except tonight I guess the power is out at my place... :argh:)

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Pillow Armadillo posted:

In about 9 levels, my wizard will be able to port around too. Trying to make the most of the exp bonus since (finally) hitting 60 on my warrior.

Iksar warriors rule, by the way. gently caress ogres.
They're great...except for that no stun immunity thing. Yes, it's that bag of a deal.

Almost to the point where I can start grouping in CoM and other fun zones I never did before! Until then...SolA/B/Guk for the win!

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
I just started a Shaman.. haven't played in like 10 years and it's awesome. Killing sooooooo many gnolls in Blackburrow with my trusty Worn Great Staff.

I could use an invite if anyone gets a chance... my name is Daxiangmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I can help with invites next week when I get back from vacation.

• Locked thread