Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Pac-Man's got an actual following, new games, and even a cartoon show right now, so yeah; not an old franchise they need to revitalize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cabbit posted:

Pac-Man's got an actual following,
What?

Cabbit posted:

new games,
What?

Cabbit posted:

and even a cartoon show right now, so yeah; not an old franchise they need to revitalize.
What? :psyduck:

How do you make Pac-Man into a cartoon?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Elysiume posted:

Sounds like someone has never played Pac-Man 2.....

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_and_the_Ghostly_Adventures
Literally the first google result, but no, I hadn't heard of this either. It looks like a harmless kids show though. I don't know why kids would watch it

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Elysiume posted:

What?
What?

Here, enjoy somebody playing the new Pac-Man game with much the same confusion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j007O7YjvEc

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Oh man, Sky Kid! I hope they use/remix the level theme somehow! :)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Pac-Man CE DX was as good in 2010 as the original Pac-Man was in 1980.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Elysiume posted:

What?
What?

I guess you were sheltered enough never to hear about that.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, if you want to "ironically" watch some real garbage, might I suggest the 1982 PAC-man Christmas special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXL5sL_edy4

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Pac-Land was the poo poo, though. It won't make much sense outside of context of the cartoon, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoXGhOAe1g4

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cabbit posted:

Here, enjoy somebody playing the new Pac-Man game with much the same confusion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j007O7YjvEc

Honestly?

Doesn't look that bad. For a kid's game, at least.

This woulda been awesome if I was still 7.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
We think of Hussie as some kind of Internet entity, but if you pay attention, it's clear that his environment influences him. For example, remember the early jokes about ethnic murals in Problem Sleuth? Likely a product of his days at Temple- Philly is full of random ethnic murals. I'm sure there are similar roots for other, seemingly random running gags, like faux jazz history and perhaps even the imagination-inspiring forts.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

We think of Hussie as some kind of Internet entity, but if you pay attention, it's clear that his environment influences him. For example, remember the early jokes about ethnic murals in Problem Sleuth? Likely a product of his days at Temple- Philly is full of random ethnic murals. I'm sure there are similar roots for other, seemingly random running gags, like faux jazz history and perhaps even the imagination-inspiring forts.

The forts were originally a reader suggestion, I think.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The funny thing about the mural he used in Problem Sleuth is that he didn't find the location of it out until after he'd used it. I vaguely remember a blog post he made, near the end of Problem Sleuth, when he went there and checked it out in person.

In the comic, you can tell he got it off a google image search or similar because the parking meter in front of it isn't edited out.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

jonjonaug posted:

The forts were originally a reader suggestion, I think.
Andrew is a well-respected and industry-established fortsmith..

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

KoB
May 1, 2009

When I think about it, this has to be the head of a scalemate, but it just looks like a derpy fish.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It would be kind of weird to have scalemates with legit eyes instead of the standard button eyes that they've always had, though.

Still, i can't wait to see what kinda stupid poo poo i'm gonna throw money at next.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

But scalemates have button eyes, this looks like a nakkadile or something like that.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh my god, of course it's a nakkodile. Jesus gently caress that thing is gonna sell out in ten minutes.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I think this is the first page with the Crocodiles on it, and yeah, they are red with dopey walleyed clear blue peepers and oh my gosh i hope they have a million of these things cause we all really want one :3:

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Aww yeah, gonna get my merch on.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Does it have mechanical nakking action

I hope it has mechanical nakking action

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Here's one a goon made me, with nakking action. Hopefully the official one has nakking action.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 27, 2013

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Bobulus posted:

The funny thing about the mural he used in Problem Sleuth is that he didn't find the location of it out until after he'd used it. I vaguely remember a blog post he made, near the end of Problem Sleuth, when he went there and checked it out in person.

In the comic, you can tell he got it off a google image search or similar because the parking meter in front of it isn't edited out.

I wish there were more references to Problem Sleuth like in the beginning of Homestuck.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kheldragar posted:

I wish there were more references to Problem Sleuth like in the beginning of Homestuck.

Yeah, I really wish he would keep telling the same jokes over and over.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh like he doesn't do that anyway.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
It keeps happening man.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Fister Roboto posted:

It doesn't even have to be "the same joke." I remember there being, I read PS a long time ago so my memory is fuzzy, a giant cabinet that Death used to play board games with. In Act I of Homestuck, I remember seeing this same cabinet appear in John's house and being vaguely amused by it. Sure, he's "reusing assets", but it's doing nothing in the background and maybe someone who's read the other mspaintadventures that's perceptive would notice it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

He still does make those kind of references.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
oh god nakkodiles

i am a grown man i can't be having all these homestuck plushies in my home

i mean, i don't have anyone around to judge me, but i'd judge me

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Or when he "recently" made a whole jailbreak sequence with Slick. Which of course still managed to make people go "b-b-b-ut the plot isn't moving forwaaaard :qq:"

KoB
May 1, 2009

Also DD transforming like Ace Dick.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
And the "recent" reference to "Vampire Fastness."

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So there's a lot of new stuff for sale today, as promised.

Not gonna lie, i kinda want a Pyralspite, but i can't really justify spending money on a plushie that's just gonna sit in my room and be a really awkward conversation topic.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I want a Pyralsprite. :supaburn:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

quote:

Beta Kids Vinyl Figurines! (Pre-order, photos to come before their launch)

Oh man, they're really going all out.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
it annoys me that hussie has all his merchandise split over two stores - what pumpkin and topatoco. i've been meaning to buy the problem sleuth books for ages, and now I want to pick up those sweet tarot cards as well but I can't get them all as one order so i'll have to pay for shipping twice. when you're shipping from America to the UK, that's a signifiant investment.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've been reading through all of Homestuck for the past few days, from the very start.

I just hit Act 6 Intermission 5 and am pretty bummed that I'm almost caught up. When is the Gigapause supposed to end? Is there any timeframe as to when it'll be done, like "Sometime around Valentine's Day" or "Summertime 2014" or "Christmas"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's supposedly aiming to release before the year ends, but honestly I want him to take his time and give us a decent ending to this whole thing. It will be SO disappointing if it feels rushed or half-assed.