Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She didn't guess that a stern talking-to was innuendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Well, all right then. :haw:

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's for me to decide!

I love this comic.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
This is one of those things where the character designs and names and relationships and lies upon lies are all so layered that I don't think I'll be able to appreciate the chapter until it's done in its entirety and I go through in one sitting.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
As much as it's kind of hilarious and he does it well, I feel like the gimmick is wearing itself out, especially if you mainline all of his comics within a few days. Between that and :biotruths: it's getting to a point where I feel like I could watch an episode of Seinfeld and get the overall gist.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

An Old Boot posted:

As much as it's kind of hilarious and he does it well, I feel like the gimmick is wearing itself out, especially if you mainline all of his comics within a few days. Between that and :biotruths: it's getting to a point where I feel like I could watch an episode of Seinfeld and get the overall gist.

Yeah I love his comics but this is what, the fifth time this scenario has played out?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

An Old Boot posted:

especially if you mainline all of his comics within a few days

Yeah don't.

When Thorsby started TASS, I had just finished HFD and LS&W a couple weeks before. Upon seeing it was more of the same, I got instantly fed up. Then several months later, I binged TASS without regretting it. It's great plotting but I can understand getting Thorsby fatigue.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

RickoniX posted:

Yeah I love his comics but this is what, the fifth time this scenario has played out?

He likes the smell of his own farce.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://www.freeindiegam.es/2013/11/adventurers-consumer-guide-oyvind-thorsby/
Apparently Thorsby has made a game.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
This is starting to look a bit more Thorsby here.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
No matter what is going on the only one I can consistently recognize is Lumbercoin because of his aforementioned rippedness

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Buzkashi posted:

No matter what is going on the only one I can consistently recognize is Lumbercoin because of his aforementioned rippedness

The Jay Leno chin also helps.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like his purple Devo hat.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Probably not the smartest thing to say in a room full of people who were perfectly fine with murdering each other just a few seconds ago.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

After insulting a foreign ambassador to the point of violence, Nostrilstrop went mad, attacked the president, and had to be beaten to death by a small mob of upstanding citizens. Everybody saw it.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Well, this... all seems to be ending rather neatly.

Either Thorsby got suddenly really bored with this whole story arc or something crazy is about to happen.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
If I had to guess, either someone tries to impeach him, or he loses the next election.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Zinkraptor posted:

Well, this... all seems to be ending rather neatly.

Either Thorsby got suddenly really bored with this whole story arc or something crazy is about to happen.

Dunno, the end was terse, but didn't feel at all rushed to me. The gag with the guy threatening to expose everyone and seconds later being eaten by the ambassador, while not exactly original, was cleverly utilized. And it was a good segueway into the president's "just got some new pussy, everything is chill" speech which is, you know, the event that has been the intended goal of the entire arc.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Hey it's soapbox time!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Buzkashi posted:

Hey it's soapbox time!

Well, it's true, humans don't have to do those things.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
The website's down, and given that its fate was looking sketchy for a while, it may be dead forever. I emalied the author about those rumors before, and he said he has backups of his comics. I've just emailed him about this right now; his address is ythorsby@broadpark.no.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 17, 2014

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AW man. Does he have any plans of rehosting?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

drat, I hope he finds a new host for the comics. Hitmen for Destiny is in my yearly re-reading list and really is one of my all-time favourites.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Good end, everyone's happy, all the loose ends are tied up, absolutely nothing bad happens to any of the characters ever again :buddy:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

GyverMac posted:

AW man. Does he have any plans of rehosting?

He told me he'll email me when he rehosts it. I'll tell you guys the moment he does.

What host should I suggest? Smackjeeves? The Duck Webcomics (although it lost its original name, DrunkDuck, can't redirect from it, probably never will, and not everyone knows about this change)?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 29, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Thorsby has begun uploading his comics to Comic Fury. He's completely uploaded Lies, Sisters and Wives (which was already mostly there) and is currently uploading Accidental Space Spy. I'll ask him if he plans on uploading Hitmen for Destiny too.

Edit: He's confirmed he's also uploading Hitmen.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 30, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
He's currently up to #350 on TASS, while the last update on webcomicsnation was #507 (the server stayed long enough for my RSS feed to get updated, but was already down when I wanted to see the new page). Should be caught up pretty soon at this pace.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Considering it's now at 500, I'd say we're almost there now.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
And it's all caught up to date.

Here's 507.

508 is already up as well.

And it's over. The ending is kind of anticlimactic. Ben just gets dropped off somewhere on Earth. By himself. We don't even know what he's returning to. Or if he's even anywhere near where he was picked up.

It kind of seems like he didn't want to part ways, but I'm not seeing any reasons why he chose to go back to Earth instead of starting up a new life.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The

End

Hitmen for Destiny is currently being uploaded.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Not an amazing ending but an ending nonetheless.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kgummy posted:

And it's all caught up to date.

Here's 507.

508 is already up as well.

And it's over. The ending is kind of anticlimactic. Ben just gets dropped off somewhere on Earth. By himself. We don't even know what he's returning to. Or if he's even anywhere near where he was picked up.

It kind of seems like he didn't want to part ways, but I'm not seeing any reasons why he chose to go back to Earth instead of starting up a new life.

I guess I was right?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, that sure was anticlimatic. I wonder if we'll get an epilogue like in Hitmen for Destiny. It looked like the narrative lost a fair ammount of steam after the planet with the negative gravity zone. Oh well.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Oh well, got an e-mail from Thorsby (as I offered to relay messages to SA). This really was the end for Accidental Space Spy, and he intends to do another comic in the future, just not immediately. Hitmen for Destiny has also been uploaded to the new site. I am updating the links on the OP.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It just now, just now, hit me why the thread tag was chosen :doh:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I have to admit, I was always hoping that if and when he got back to Earth the first people he talked to would start trying to kill him because of biotruths.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

It just now, just now, hit me why the thread tag was chosen :doh:
It might be because it's late and I'm somewhat tired, but I'm not making the connection.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Carrasco posted:

I have to admit, I was always hoping that if and when he got back to Earth the first people he talked to would start trying to kill him because of biotruths.

'Oops rear end in a top hat you ended up on Alternate Matriarchal Earth'?

There's plenty of places he could have gone with it, but if it was just a bunch of Comedy of Errors poo poo over and over again, I could see how that could get really tiresome. Granted, it's what he's established himself as good at, but it's also getting old. I'm hoping he's starting to realize this.

EDIT: and I wish he'd commission someone to do a well-drawn Hitmen for Destiny. That is arguably his best strip to date.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kgummy posted:

It might be because it's late and I'm somewhat tired, but I'm not making the connection.

Did you not read Hitmen for Destiny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I did, I guess I just forgot the relevant part. :shrug:

• Locked thread