Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

kirbysuperstar posted:

Unless it's like P4A all over again, just import the US version. There's no reason not to.

That's what I did for P4G. Hopefully Sony's push to have more day one digital releases and avoiding region locking will make another P4A incident less likely. Not to mention the fan backlash P4A caused Atlus.

Hey, I can hope, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I have one wish for Persona 5, and that is a satisfying ending for MC from 3. No more of this "stasis" bullshit. His life was a goddamned mess, and he deserves to make it back.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The site updated again

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv153939036

will have an announcement. nicovideo.jp actually is in English too, so it's not too hard to setup an account.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

LordHippoman posted:

I have one wish for Persona 5, and that is a satisfying ending for MC from 3. No more of this "stasis" bullshit. His life was a goddamned mess, and he deserves to make it back.

Eh, it'd be a cop out to have his body resurrects years after it died. I think the best we can hope for him is to be able to fade away and rest in peace.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Poonerman posted:

Not for nothing, but it was relatively close to the 20th in Japan when the site updated to Teddie boxes. Perhaps Teddie is just an added teaser for the 4 (as in Persona 4) days left? Perhaps the site will update to something Persona 3 related in the coming day.

And really, it would be silly to create this huge two-month teaser only to spoil it with so little time remaining. Teddie is essentially the mascot of the Persona series, so I'm not taking it to mean anything significant.

Also, they could conceivably bring Teddie back for Persona 5. After all, there's still quite a few unanswered questions about what he is, and how he came to be.

Namely, the question of exactly how a Shadow like him was able to become an independent, sapient being. They kind of handwaved that part in Persona 4.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Wyvernil posted:

Also, they could conceivably bring Teddie back for Persona 5. After all, there's still quite a few unanswered questions about what he is, and how he came to be.

Namely, the question of exactly how a Shadow like him was able to become an independent, sapient being. They kind of handwaved that part in Persona 4.

That would have to be one grizzly of a logic thread though. Since Shadows are born of the thoughts of human counterparts, you would have to play around with the idea that you can spawn life just by thinking, which is quite a subject.

That being said, if shadows are born from people, and Teddy was a shadow, then who was he born from? :iiam: which could make for a crazy reunion, or the realization that something something original human became shadow then became teddy

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The overarching lore of Persona tells me that Teddy was probably made sentient by Philemon.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Watch this be a Catherine 2 announcement.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Watch this be a Catherine 2 announcement.

That would be awesome.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Wii U version of Persona 4 Golden. I'd probably buy it again.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Wii U version of Persona 4 Golden. I'd probably buy it again.

Hate to break it to you, but that doesn't seem likely, with Yosp (Head of Sony Entertainment Studios) retweeting the event.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/403015567499464704

KoB
May 1, 2009
Atlus is going to go where the Japanese will go (PS4).

e: If its next-gen at all.

KoB fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 20, 2013

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Cannot Find Server posted:

The overarching lore of Persona tells me that Teddy was probably made sentient by Philemon.

I don't even think that's necessary, seeing as how we've had incidents before where [spoiler]Shadows attain sentience. Maybe not to the same degree as Teddie does, but you have the Nyx Avatar from P3, and Shadows in general tend to be sentient, just uncontrollable, wild or bestial. I don't think it takes any deus ex machina to provide sentience to them--if anything, it likely just means that Teddie was a child's shadow whose original body died, leaving him adrift or something. It's hard to say, ultimately![spoiler]

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

KoB posted:

Atlus is going to go where the Japanese will go (PS4).

e: If its next-gen at all.

PS4 isn't out yet in Japan. A launch SMT title would be a :psyduck: moment.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/user/mysticmage97

If you can't be bothered to watch the persona channel all day, this guy is uploading all the videos to his account. Characters from the previous games do a countdown and random Persona related videos appear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really don't see a new Persona game on the PS4. Unless it was a spin-off title. There are certain expectations with the new consoles, and does Atlus even have the resources to meet them? I think Persona 5 is actually way more likely on the Vita. That or it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All I want is a persona title where the main character is Elizabeth and the supporting cast are her bros and sis. De-power them or whatever, have them go trough the process of being human. It would be hella entertaining.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Persona 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZssK05WYo

Chibi Persona spinoff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etfqRXPXbQQ

Another fighting game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqmnp2wZRU4

This... thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BIRWiifo8

Please be excited.

NightConqueror
Oct 5, 2006
im in ur base killin ur mans
Hell loving yes. It's about time. A person can only reply P3P and P4 Golden so many times.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Awww yeeeeah!

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Oh god I want almost all of them. Rhythm games were never really my thing, though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So excited to wake up to this news. On the PlayStation 3 is a little disappointing, I wanted another Vita game, but that's okay. Another reason to keep the PS3 around. Winter 2014 feels so far away though, and that's going to be only for Japan. The west will have an even longer wait.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

So excited to wake up to this news. On the PlayStation 3 is a little disappointing, I wanted another Vita game, but that's okay. Another reason to keep the PS3 around. Winter 2014 feels so far away though, and that's going to be only for Japan. The west will have an even longer wait.
I'm really, really hoping we don't end up in one of those situations where it's already so late in the console's lifecycle that they don't consider it worth it to translate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Leper Colon V posted:

I'm really, really hoping we don't end up in one of those situations where it's already so late in the console's lifecycle that they don't consider it worth it to translate.

For what it's worth, Persona 4 came out December, 2008 on the PlayStation 2. So it should be okay. Atlus knows there's a big following here. Sega on the other hand.... But I really don't see why that would be an issue for this game.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

drat, Chie in a Miku-like, I know someone who won't know how to take this. Also, here's hoping they bring ultimate ultimax suplex to the 360 as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Since Persona 5 was only announced for Japan, assuming a western version is also announced, I wonder if it could come out on the Xbox 360 in the the U.S. too?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I said come in! posted:

Since Persona 5 was only announced for Japan, assuming a western version is also announced, I wonder if it could come out on the Xbox 360 in the the U.S. too?

I hope so, I may just trade in my 360 towards a PS3. Although I'll feel like an idiot if they announce Persona 5: Chairsona for the vita.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Honestly, I find it hard to believe they won't do that eventually, but it also won't be for at least two years after the game is out in the west, if not longer. They take their sweet loving time on that stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I hope so, I may just trade in my 360 towards a PS3. Although I'll feel like an idiot if they announce Persona 5: Chairsona for the vita.

Yeah, I expect Persona 5 Vita edition will still happen.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Huh, never saw this thread before. With the news, about time I start playing Persona 4 Golden. I'll be streaming it from the start in about 20 minutes from my Vita TV (gotta use it for something): http://www.twitch.tv/univbee

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

univbee posted:

Huh, never saw this thread before. With the news, about time I start playing Persona 4 Golden. I'll be streaming it from the start in about 20 minutes from my Vita TV (gotta use it for something): http://www.twitch.tv/univbee

I'm in.

I definitely look forward to P5, although I would greatly prefer it to be on a mobile platform. I've gotten used to being able to pick up and play for a bit, grinding out some dungeon levels and putting it back down again. Consoles are more of a commitment.

I would also like to see a Vita port of P4 Arena. I'm already bad at fighting games so putting it on awkward controls wouldn't be an issue :v:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Okay, Persona 5, it's about time! Persona Chibi thing that looks neat. Updated version of P4A, I love it.

But Persona 4 Dancing All Night. I must have this.

DON'T MISS IT BABY!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I will play all of those. Especially the dancing game, good lord.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
gently caress. Yes. New persona baby!!!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really hope there's a poo poo ton of irony in the dance trailer. It could be a fun game, but it's hard to tell how tongue in cheek it is. If it's playing it straight then... That kind of contradicts what a lot of Persona 4 was loving about.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"This will be the last time we summon you here. Except for the MMA tourney in May. And the extreme dance-off in July. And the science fair in August. And why don't you come visit for Thanksgiving? We'll make some of those mega beef bowls you like so much."

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

I really hope there's a poo poo ton of irony in the dance trailer. It could be a fun game, but it's hard to tell how tongue in cheek it is. If it's playing it straight then... That kind of contradicts what a lot of Persona 4 was loving about.

You can't contradict those jams though. They were meant to be danced to.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

Oh, come on. I know Poe's law is a thing, but their tongue is so far in their cheek, it's punched through.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You can't contradict those jams though. They were meant to be danced to.

One can only hope they know how to strike the perfect balance.

Rise has obtained the facade necessary to face those sick beats, the Persona Groovehiko!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Leper Colon V posted:

Oh, come on. I know Poe's law is a thing, but their tongue is so far in their cheek, it's punched through.

Poe's law is tripled when Japan is involved.

• Locked thread