Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
More details on Q, summarized from Famitsu: http://digifreaks.tumblr.com/post/67957018591/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-famitsu-plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"They're just going to announce a game and be done with it." I think

"There wouldn't be much fun staying up to watch" I think.

Still, this thread has been a wild ride. I'm glad to hear there's going to be a reason to still use my PS3 half a year from now!

E. I would mock the persona dancing game but seeing that they've already made a slot machine out of it, whelp.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Honestly, I would have been happy if the announcement was just P4A2 (the Persona 5 "reveal" didn't reveal anything anyway), but getting Persona Odyssey on top of it is pretty great. Looking back, it actually kinda makes sense that they would make Persona Q - after all, they did the same thing for Strange Journey. Put a couple of EO games out, then tweak the engine a little and reuse it to make their other dungeon crawling series.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I've never played EO, should I give it a try to get used to the systems etc before Persona Q?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Until we know more about how it actually plays, that's hard to say. However, you absolutely should give the EO series a shot. Both EO4 and EO: Untold are fantastic starting points. EO4 is a more traditional EO game, and Untold gives you the option to play a mode with a defined story and party members (but you can go it alone and make your own party in classic mode if you want).

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

From the same website for the dancing game:

Translations from Famitsu posted:

Not much, just a short plot synopsis on what the story mode for this rhythm action game. In short, the story takes place 6 months after P4/P4G. And it concerns YET another TV programme which is shown at midnight.

And our Investigation Team will be having a battle dance off with the Shadows.

For more details, check out under the cut.

6 Months After The Inaba Murders, A New Story Begins!

Persona 4 Dancing All Night is a rhythm action game, developed by the Atlus Persona team, in collaboration with Dingo, which features mainly the Persona soundtrack. (they didn’t specify it’s P4, so it’s entirely possible that music from other series may be in.)

The story begins with Kujigawa Rise returning to the entertainment world 6 months after the events of the game. Then rumours starting going around that if you go to a certain site at midnight and watch a certain video, you will be brought to the “other side” and not wake up again.

Following which, there was a series of disappearances involving members from the idol group “Kanamin Kitchen”.”Kanamin Kitchen” features Mashita Kanami, Who is also Rise’s kouhai/junior in the entertainment world. (She is also the one who was mentioned in Rise’s social link about a new person being groomed to “replace” her.)

In the game, the protagonist and members from Persona 4 will battle with shadows using their dancing in a strange world called the “Mayonaka Stage”.

Dance battles with Shadows? An actual effort story mode? The seriousness with which they're treating this silly game is just incredible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh please Atlus, bring it to the West, I will buy it on Day 1.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Oh please Atlus, bring it to the West, I will buy it on Day 1.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F and Final Fantasy Theatrythm showed up here so it could happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F and Final Fantasy Theatrythm showed up here so it could happen.
Nto only that, Project Diva F did so well on PS3 that they're bringing the Vita port of it over too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So take the insane Persona fans and the insane Dance Battler fans and they gotta be thinking about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, the best part of P4D is seeing people get all 'muh serious JRPGs!'

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

I like Project Diva and I like Persona music so I'm going to get the rhythm game and probably enjoy it. I'm going to give Kanji cool sunglasses and an adorable kitty cat backpack assuming it has customization like Project Diva F.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sputty posted:

I like Project Diva and I like Persona music so I'm going to get the rhythm game and probably enjoy it. I'm going to give Kanji cool sunglasses and an adorable kitty cat backpack assuming it has customization like Project Diva F.

If this has voice, I hope they go with the P4 anime thing of Yu deadpanning everything.

:geno:yeah. dance party. i love to boogie:geno:

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Winter 2014 is December of next year, there's no way they only release a teaser and the game is 4-5 months away, that's pure insanity.

The Persona 3 reveal was March 2006 in Famitsu and the game came out in July. The Persona 4 reveal was March 2008 in the same and the game also came out in July.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The dance game is actually canon? Atlus, you glorious bastards.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Honestly, the best part of P4D is seeing people get all 'muh serious JRPGs!'

Wasn't this announced a few hours ago? Where are you even reading backlash

Also the slavery/emancipation thing with Persona 5 is a little awkward for a North American audience. Given that teaser and the ball-and-chain thing I suspect it'll be a motif in the actual game, so I sure hope they handle it carefully!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I just woke up and this announcments have blown my loving mind :psyboom:

-Persona Odyssey: This one looks like an interesting time waster plus I'm a sucker for anything with Makoto Minato as protagonist so sign me the gently caress on (also 3DS is the only system with a game announced that I own so :v:)

-Dancing all night: The most confusing of them all for a country mile, totally unexpected. It looks GOOFY as hell though so I'm gonna cheking up when it comes out.

-Persona 5: :circlefap: 'nuff said
Shame that is for PS3 though, with Sega in charge I doubt that they'll be assed to localized it :saddowns:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

projecthalaxy posted:

If this has voice, I hope they go with the P4 anime thing of Yu deadpanning everything.

:geno:yeah. dance party. i love to boogie:geno:

I don't know if I want him deadpanning it so much as I want him hamming it up.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

-Persona Odyssey: This one looks like an interesting time waster plus I'm a sucker for anything with Makoto Minato as protagonist so sign me the gently caress on (also 3DS is the only system with a game announced that I own so :v:)

-Dancing all night: The most confusing of them all for a country mile, totally unexpected. It looks GOOFY as hell though so I'm gonna cheking up when it comes out.

Shame that is for PS3 though, with Sega in charge I doubt that they'll be assed to localized it :saddowns:

Sega would be pretty stupid not to localize probably the biggest international seller of their newly acquired asset.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Sega acquisition was more or less "hey we have a new company named Sega Dream taking over index. Sega Dream is now named index." I think the old structure remains in place aside from a couple CEOs being fired.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Wasn't this announced a few hours ago? Where are you even reading backlash
The internet, mostly? Comments of news sites I go to.

Also Persona 5 is gonna be released here, Sega does not hate money. The other two are up in the air, though they're both strong possibilities.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

So a dungeon crawler, a dancing game, and Persona 5? Cool, I guess.

I wonder if there'll be any P1/2 characters in the dancing game? (Probably not :smith:)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dehry posted:

The Sega acquisition was more or less "hey we have a new company named Sega Dream taking over index. Sega Dream is now named index." I think the old structure remains in place aside from a couple CEOs being fired.

People aren't worried about Atlus JP's structure. They're worried about what it means for Atlus USA.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Funky Student better be the final boss of Dance All Night.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Booky posted:

I wonder if there'll be any P1/2 characters in the dancing game? (Probably not :smith:)
There probably won't even be any P3 characters in it. The cast list so far (from that trailer) is Yu, Kanami (original to the game), Rise, Yosuke, Kanji, and Chie. 'And more' probably just means Naoto and Yukiko, assuming Teddie's the DJ or whatever.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Before this, I was of the opinion that Persona 4 should end. Now, I kind of want it to go forever.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wha? This isn't Valkyrie Chronicles we're talking about here, this is pretty much Atlus' equivalent to Sonic.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

People aren't worried about Atlus JP's structure. They're worried about what it means for Atlus USA.

Corporate visited a couple weeks ago and gave the team a bunch of swag. I think that's a good indicator of their plans

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I was saying it because is for PS3. Atlus USA would've bringed it even if was for PS2, but I have no idea on Sega's politics.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
I hope they bring back the gun-evokers or make something similar. gently caress those glasses, I want to see REAL ANGST :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Obviously P5 is going to be about fat people, why else would it be a ball and chain tied to a char.

So, anything on SMTxFE?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I was saying it because is for PS3.

The PS4 hasn't been out that long. Even if we discount weird FIFA ports, the PS2 had releases for years after the PS3 came out (if we don't discount them, PS2 releases ended last year). It's not like the very second the PS4 released, everyone except Atlus decided to stop releasing PS3 games.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There is no loving way persona 5 doesn't get localized. There will be riots.
Also persona 4 dancing and that persona Q game look good. Can't wait to dance off those shadows.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Cracker King posted:

I hope they bring back the gun-evokers or make something similar. gently caress those glasses, I want to see REAL ANGST :colbert:

Pick axe evokers for the chain gang aesthetic.

Also, the dancing game is super up in the air because they might not want to translate and re-record the music, assuming it has sung parts of possible new songs. I hope it comes over, though.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Obviously P5 is going to be about fat people, why else would it be a ball and chain tied to a char.

So, anything on SMTxFE?

TEEN PREGNANCY. It's obvious. Ball and chain - marriage. GET IT?

It would be interesting to have the persona series go into another structured environment like school. Maybe be a college intern and fight shadows derived from evil xerox machines.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I was saying it because is for PS3. Atlus USA would've bringed it even if was for PS2, but I have no idea on Sega's politics.

I would be utterly shocked if they don't bring it over. It's without doubt Atlus' biggest release for a while. They know it will sell. It would be crazy to leave it in Japan. Seeing as Sega would be publishing it, I even have a vague hope that us Europeans might get it at a reasonable date.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Considering they released games for the PS2 up until like 2008... yeah, they're going to slash and burn, Hajime Satomi will fly to your house and beat you over the head with a Japanese copy of Persona 5 while laughing maniacally.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Cracker King posted:

TEEN PREGNANCY. It's obvious. Ball and chain - marriage. GET IT?

They didn't announce a Catherine prequel. :v:

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Oh poo poo. Catherine was supposed to be in the persona universe and I'm sure one of the endings involves Katherine getting knocked up? Right?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You're right guys, let's keep hope alive, sorry by being an pessimistic rear end :unsmith:

Am I the only one getting P/P2 vibes from that teaser? Like it looks way more somber and serious than P3/P4, heck I can see adult protagonists in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Maybe instead of highschool it's college! Ball and chain to your chair writing so many essays.