Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Is Perth the one England always lose at?

The only thing I know about it is it's the worst Australian ground because the games don't start there until 2:30am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Shmoses posted:

Haha the stump mic picked up that comment from Clarke to Anderson perfectly: 'Get ready for a broken fucken arm!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKtvZhmAn0I

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

Is Perth the one England always lose at?

The only thing I know about it is it's the worst Australian ground because the games don't start there until 2:30am

Yeah Perths the one where England got skittled last series.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Lionel Richie posted:

It doesn't take long for the macho childish bollocks to come out with Australia does it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
First test win in nearly a year and their chests are puffed out like its the Steve Waugh days.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
plunket is such an English name

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

My England XI for the next test

Key
Hales
Ramprakash
David Lloyd
Samit
Collingwood
Geraint Jones
Gilo
Kabir Ali
Rankin
Dernbach

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

(Gilo captain and coach)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
wasn't Geraint jones the guy from the 2005 debacle where he was a real good keep but completely and utterly pissed his pants when you put a bat in his hands?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Still probably better than Prior right now. He's totally lost his game.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

No he was a poo poo keeper but he was supposed to be a good batsman, but he was poo poo at both

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

No he was a poo poo keeper but he was supposed to be a good batsman, but he was poo poo at both

Apart from that one game where he was good and trolled Warne.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

My team is p.good. The Gilo/Samit spin twins plus Jade could go tat for tat with MiJo.

EDIT : I think Jones has been tearing it up (playing poo poo) for PNG lately.

biglads fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 24, 2013

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I'm a Clarke fan, but I don't really see the merit in sledging the #11 batsman when you hold an unassailable lead.

Save the sledging for when it actually counts.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, the Windies actually beat India in an ODI?

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Was a very difficult pitch to bat on in the 1st innings. Dew in the 2nd innings made batting easier and bowling harder. I just love watching Kohli bat (in ODIs). I'm really looking forward to the 2015 world cup with this indian batting lineup with the oldies gone. Especially if we get games like this

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

At least with that second-innings 65, Cook has secured "most Test runs before the age of 29" (7879 and counting), taking that admittedly weirdly specific stat away from Tendulkar (7869).

:gbsmith:

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 24, 2013

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

snaeksikn posted:

wasn't Geraint jones the guy from the 2005 debacle where he was a real good keep but completely and utterly pissed his pants when you put a bat in his hands?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT9SmtvzC84

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

dunno how to embed it. someone do it for me please

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

biglads posted:

My England XI for the next test

Key
Hales
Ramprakash
David Lloyd
Samit
Collingwood
Geraint Jones
Gilo
Kabir Ali
Rankin
Dernbach

Mahmoud in for Dernbach

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

OrthoTrot posted:

Mahmoud in for Dernbach

Where the gently caress is Monty?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

serious gaylord posted:

First test win in nearly a year and their chests are puffed out like its the Steve Waugh days.

Don't worry mate we (or most of us) here have functioning memories

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

God drat it England, fire the lot of them outta cannon! Posting so that those Aussie cunts don't think they've mentally disintegrated me like their team did to are boys.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Christ, the second test is a loving age away.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

goatface posted:

Christ, the second test is a loving age away.

warm up game to get bresnan fit though so musn't grumble

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The English are being awfully precious. I guess all the supporters bitching about the Australian sledging were in bed when Anderson was sledging Clarke non stop.

It's just Clarke's return was picked up on microphone.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Petey loves it when they get a bit aggressive

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lionel Richie posted:

Petey loves it when they get a bit aggressive

It's good cricket.

I have no issue with Anderson constantly trying to wind Clarke up when he is batting. You might have been asleep but basically Cook gave Warner free runs to bowl to Clarke and the English and Anderson in particular were very keen to try and get under Clarkes skin.

Of course this backfired hugely and just allowed Warner to score 10 to 15 easy runs and get even more comfortable at the crease but it's pretty precious for you guys to whinge (as you do) about the mean aussies.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I'm calling this one a draw in the moral Ashes

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'll break all of your loving arms.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I've heard Bailey's name mentioned in this sledging stuff, did he say something when he was at bat-pad?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Nothing worse than some bellend who's done nothing piping up. Reminds me of when Brad Hogg started chirping at Anil Kumble that time. There's "playing hard" or whatever they call it to justify it and then there's just being a disprespectful oval office.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

gabensraum posted:

I've heard Bailey's name mentioned in this sledging stuff, did he say something when he was at bat-pad?

From what was picked up he started it. He was talking to Anderson at bat pad. Anderson took offence and went from his mark to talk back to Bailey. Clarke walked in from slips and said the broken arm line.

The back and forth between Bailey and Anderson continued through the over. The square leg umpire started walking across a couple of times. So it must have been pretty aggressive. None of it was picked up on the stump microphones though.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lionel Richie posted:

Nothing worse than some bellend who's done nothing piping up. Reminds me of when Brad Hogg started chirping at Anil Kumble that time. There's "playing hard" or whatever they call it to justify it and then there's just being a disprespectful oval office.

I agree Trotts send off of Watson was pretty disrespectful.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I hope you're not referring to ICC cricketer of the year Jonathan Trott. Best one since Mitchell Johnson.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lionel Richie posted:

I hope you're not referring to ICC cricketer of the year Jonathan Trott. Best one since Mitchell Johnson.

Still can't believe Spoonboy works for the ICC

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Trott is going to cash in on a flat Adelaide oval and the press is going to blame David Warner for it.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I don't mind the Aussie players doing all this tough talking. At least it shows some balls. David Warner is going to look a right tit if Australia don't regain the Ashes after all his talk about England being scared. Or he's going to look the hometown hero.
At least he's prepared (in his dumb bogan way) to take a risk. Now if only the Aussies had some class it might also be witty and entertaining. But since the team's mostly composed of bogans that's too much to expect. I guess, "get ready for a fuckin broken arm" is witty as far as Michael Clarke is concerned.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I thought it was pretty embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

webmeister posted:

Still can't believe Spoonboy works for the ICC

too soon

• Locked thread