Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

JackMack posted:

Quick question about critical hits after first outing this afternoon.

With the weapon malfunction card it is phrased thus:

Ship

Reduce your primary weapon value by 1 to a minimum of 0

Action: roll 1 attack die, on a hit/critical hit flip this card facedown

I am unsure how to interpret this. Is the action part implying I should roll a red dice and ignore the effect of the card if it is a hit. Do I do this straight away or in the action phase at the end of movement?

It's as an action by the ship I believe, representing the pilot taking time to clear the malfunction. At least that's how I've played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

JackMack posted:

Ship

I am unsure how to interpret this. Is the action part implying I should roll a red dice and ignore the effect of the card if it is a hit. Do I do this straight away or in the action phase at the end of movement?

So during the Activation Phase, instead of taking a regular action on the ships's action bar, you may instead just roll the dice to see if you can clear the critical. This would happen the next time the ship can take an action.

My least favorite crit is Blinded Pilot, as it makes you attack to no effect essentially, and the last time I got it I was in a game winning shot.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

JackMack posted:

Ship

The latter, you can choose it as an action to perform in the next action phase if you want to. If you roll a hit/critical, then you can flip the card face down and effectively remove the reduction to your primary weapon value but you still count the damage.

ninja edit: oh hello new page, didn't see those two replies.. but yea, they said it too ^^^

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

JackMack posted:

Ship

As an action, you may attempt to flip the card. Instead of focusing or target locking or evading or whatever, you can go for the flip.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Thanks guys. This was kind of along the lines of what I was expecting but it is good to have the clarity from those with functional experience. I really enjoyed my first experience of this game. The feel of the dogfighting between the agile but fragile TIES (I was really impressed with what you can do with barrel roll) and the less agile buts tougher X wings was really good.

and the presence of the action phase and stress tokens make it generally a lot more decisive than wings of war. Looking through the damage cards the one thing I am sad not to see is the absence of movement effects, ie no right turns in the next turn. One of the great things about WoW damage cards for mewas the rudder jams and the effect they had on tactical decisions. They were pretty decisive in a stalemate but with thought they could be a challenging conundrum as either you accelerate away, stall with a short jump forward etc. I appreciate fluff wise why it probably isn't so but I would love the prospect of. Tie fighter having no option but to slew away into an asteroid like in Empire.

Now I am wondering if I could create an asteroid field mission using 40k scatter dice to establish the direction an a d6 the speed of moving . A mechanism for determining new asteroids ( as all will be heading off the board ) ie d3+1 per turn, assign each of the board edges as 1-4 on a d6 and the on a 5 the imperial and on. 6 the rebel gets to choose. It would be quite onerous to move all the asteroids. The mission could be the Millenium Falcon chased by a good number of TIE fighters and has to survive as long as possible. Red die on contacting an asteroid as per normal rules around hitting an obstacle. Asteroids move at pilot skill 0.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JackMack posted:

Thanks guys. This was kind of along the lines of what I was expecting but it is good to have the clarity from those with functional experience. I really enjoyed my first experience of this game. The feel of the dogfighting between the agile but fragile TIES (I was really impressed with what you can do with barrel roll) and the less agile buts tougher X wings was really good.

and the presence of the action phase and stress tokens make it generally a lot more decisive than wings of war. Looking through the damage cards the one thing I am sad not to see is the absence of movement effects, ie no right turns in the next turn. One of the great things about WoW damage cards for mewas the rudder jams and the effect they had on tactical decisions. They were pretty decisive in a stalemate but with thought they could be a challenging conundrum as either you accelerate away, stall with a short jump forward etc. I appreciate fluff wise why it probably isn't so but I would love the prospect of. Tie fighter having no option but to slew away into an asteroid like in Empire.

Now I am wondering if I could create an asteroid field mission using 40k scatter dice to establish the direction an a d6 the speed of moving . A mechanism for determining new asteroids ( as all will be heading off the board ) ie d3+1 per turn, assign each of the board edges as 1-4 on a d6 and the on a 5 the imperial and on. 6 the rebel gets to choose. It would be quite onerous to move all the asteroids. The mission could be the Millenium Falcon chased by a good number of TIE fighters and has to survive as long as possible. Red die on contacting an asteroid as per normal rules around hitting an obstacle. Asteroids move at pilot skill 0.

I am always impressed by just how maneuerable PtL-equipped TIE Interceptors are. Played a 100 point game of the Asteroid Run mission in the rulebook. Opponent took 2x Rookie X-Wings and 2x Dagger SQ. B-Wings. I took Captain Yorr and 3x Saber SQ. Pilots all with PtL. Being able to boost/something else is just amazing to keep out of firing arcs or to move around an asteroid. While I ended up losing that game, I didn't lose a ship.

If you hit a TIE Fighter with an Ion Cannon, it could potentially crash into an Asteroid. That would be pretty :golfclap: really.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Leo Showers posted:

I am always impressed by just how maneuerable PtL-equipped TIE Interceptors are. Played a 100 point game of the Asteroid Run mission in the rulebook. Opponent took 2x Rookie X-Wings and 2x Dagger SQ. B-Wings. I took Captain Yorr and 3x Saber SQ. Pilots all with PtL. Being able to boost/something else is just amazing to keep out of firing arcs or to move around an asteroid. While I ended up losing that game, I didn't lose a ship.

If you hit a TIE Fighter with an Ion Cannon, it could potentially crash into an Asteroid. That would be pretty :golfclap: really.

How do you lose a game without losing a ship?

Edit: oh, mission.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Leo Showers posted:

My first 2 games of X-wing not including the quickstart both featured Soontir Fel with Daredevil on the enemy team along with 2 TIEs and holy poo poo was that guy a terror. I had Skywalker and Katarn which ment Fel had top pilot skill and with our only expansions being HWK and Interceptor there was just nothing I could put on either Luke or Kyle to keep them from being hilariously outmaneuvered. Hell, even the TIEs were Mauler Mithel and Dark Curse, meaning Kyle was dead last on pilot skill. Luckily a few clutch shots from Katarn's ion turret and the fact we were playing in some pretty drat dense asteroid fields won me both games. The third game I swapped Kyle's ion turret for a blaster one and rolled so monstrously he dropped a TIE every turn with no help from the asteroids, save for one point of damage onto Dark Curse from Biggs who was otherwise a complete nonfactor for that brief but hilariously violent game.

Ofcourse, I rub in every rebel victory by dancing to Yub Nub.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
so, is a trio of Biggs/Damage Dealer/Jan Ors as effective as I think it might be

biggs can draw hits, jan can do damage from range/feed extra damage to whoever's putting it out

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Hra Mormo posted:

My first 2 games of X-wing not including the quickstart both featured Soontir Fel with Daredevil on the enemy team along with 2 TIEs and holy poo poo was that guy a terror. I had Skywalker and Katarn which ment Fel had top pilot skill and with our only expansions being HWK and Interceptor there was just nothing I could put on either Luke or Kyle to keep them from being hilariously outmaneuvered. Hell, even the TIEs were Mauler Mithel and Dark Curse, meaning Kyle was dead last on pilot skill. Luckily a few clutch shots from Katarn's ion turret and the fact we were playing in some pretty drat dense asteroid fields won me both games. The third game I swapped Kyle's ion turret for a blaster one and rolled so monstrously he dropped a TIE every turn with no help from the asteroids, save for one point of damage onto Dark Curse from Biggs who was otherwise a complete nonfactor for that brief but hilariously violent game.

Ofcourse, I rub in every rebel victory by dancing to Yub Nub.

Remember that the Blaster Turret cannot be used to attack Dark Curse, as you need to expend a Focus Token in order to use it, and Dark Curse negates the use of Focus Tokens. Other than that it looks like they were solid games. It's annoying to fight ships with turrets, no matter what you do they are always attacking and drat that's frustrating.

John McClane posted:

so, is a trio of Biggs/Damage Dealer/Jan Ors as effective as I think it might be

biggs can draw hits, jan can do damage from range/feed extra damage to whoever's putting it out

I don't have too much experience with that type of build, but the theory works out.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

John McClane posted:

My experience with this list and variations is not good. Biggs is gonna die fast probably round 1, 2 if youre lucky. At that point you dont have the muscle to finish off most lists since Jan while stressed is extremely predictable she will most likely get blocked and lose her actions.

3 ship rebel lists are getting really hard to pull off lately.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

John McClane posted:

I played a Jan list at Worlds. I don't think the additional dice is enough of a factor to be worth the HWKs points. Biggs will die 1st or 2nd round of shooting, and then the other damage dealer, leaving Jan to try and fight what's left with what, an ion cannon? Not enough HP, and when you lose Biggs and the other damage dealer, it's game over.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Biggs shouldn't really be dying 1st round or even 2nd. He's not there to tank all the shots, he's there to deny the enemy a chance to focus fire while preferably forcing range 3 shots. His value dives hard once the enemy has enough shooting to destroy 2 ships per turn on average, but against any other list he gives you a humongous early game advantage. While he may be the first rebel to go down, Biggs should never be the first ship to go down. If your enemy can just focus fire on Biggs he's not going to do it because the card forces him to, he's going to do it because he wants to as that's a round of shooting where Biggs is effectively not Biggs but next round he might be Biggs again and you want to keep focusing fire.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Hra Mormo posted:

Biggs shouldn't really be dying 1st round or even 2nd. He's not there to tank all the shots, he's there to deny the enemy a chance to focus fire while preferably forcing range 3 shots. His value dives hard once the enemy has enough shooting to destroy 2 ships per turn on average, but against any other list he gives you a humongous early game advantage. While he may be the first rebel to go down, Biggs should never be the first ship to go down. If your enemy can just focus fire on Biggs he's not going to do it because the card forces him to, he's going to do it because he wants to as that's a round of shooting where Biggs is effectively not Biggs but next round he might be Biggs again and you want to keep focusing fire.

This is my thinking as well. Biggs should just soak damage, he really should be making shots harder for the enemy. Naturally he'll be up there for target priority as you want to be able to choose who you want to fire at, so you'll want to use that focus to inflict as much damage as possible.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I want to see an imperial 'anti-Biggs' that says when it is within range 1 of an allied unit enemies must shoot at another unit if able.

Seems thematic for a pilot to use allies as cover.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

John McClane posted:

The problem with the HWK is the point values are all to high for what they bring. Taking a rookie pilot or a blue squardron b-wing is always a better option. They cost less, you get more attack and the dials are way way better. You cant even K turn with a HWK plus using Jan Ors ability forces you to do green manoeuvres or its even more of a waste.

Iv never run into a situation that I didnt wish my HWK was an xwing or Bwing after the third turn.

Support ships dont work because they dont support enough to make up the lose of a regular ship.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

TouchToneDialing posted:

The problem with the HWK is the point values are all to high for what they bring. Taking a rookie pilot or a blue squardron b-wing is always a better option. They cost less, you get more attack and the dials are way way better. You cant even K turn with a HWK plus using Jan Ors ability forces you to do green manoeuvres or its even more of a waste.

Iv never run into a situation that I didnt wish my HWK was an xwing or Bwing after the third turn.

Support ships dont work because they dont support enough to make up the lose of a regular ship.

I've actually revised my opinion on the Lambda shuttle. Previously I loathed it due to how fat it is, but after running it as Captain Yorr with 3x PtL Interceptors I am converted. While you really have to think about where you want it in about 2 rounds, the stress loading and 3 attack die are pretty great. I do think the HWK-290 isn't as good as the Lambda shuttle, both a situational and the meta is dominated by maxing out number of ships.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Lambda shuttle is the only good support ship in my experience. I've seen different people run the Yorr loadout with squints and it's definitely good. I think it's weaker when people already know the strategy behind it but if you give them the crucial 2-3 turns to set up, it's game over. I think the variant with vader is the best since the Lambda just has so many hitpoints. If the opponent wants to kill it that's fine since it's mostly there to break up your formation after it gives out target locks.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Fox of Stone posted:

The Lambda shuttle is the only good support ship in my experience. I've seen different people run the Yorr loadout with squints and it's definitely good. I think it's weaker when people already know the strategy behind it but if you give them the crucial 2-3 turns to set up, it's game over. I think the variant with vader is the best since the Lambda just has so many hitpoints. If the opponent wants to kill it that's fine since it's mostly there to break up your formation after it gives out target locks.

I actually use a variant of it with Sensor Jammers instead of Vader. While the crits are nice I don't find too many good shooting opportunities to justify it.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Had another two games today and won both. Slightly less satisfying than before as our lists are limited by what we own (proxying anything ruins the game for us) which let's me field a Han Shoots First list while my opponent's choices are limited to what he can field with 2 Fighters, 1 Interceptor and 2 Bombers. Also no Fighter expansion, so no Howlrunner for example. I do redeem some of my cheese-list shame though as I'm using Luke because I don't own Gunner, despite taking Marksmanship. I also run a cheap HWK with blaster turret and recon operative instead of a second X-wing.

The first game begun with me rushing to lose the game as I entirely split my force and decided the best place for Han was barreling balls-out at his bombers. Next round I knew my only hope of not eating his torpedoes was to somehow get past them. They slid forward 1 to just barely get in range 3 and established target lock. I opted to blast full speed ahead and hope I could fly past him. Obviously I didn't make it, but I DID make it into range 1. I'd snuck past all other firing arcs and the resulting point black primary weapons from the bombers was painful, but manageable. Next round I made my biggest derp of the game and decided that a sharp turn into the wake of 2 Bombers is a totally legit idea. The resulting 2 damage set up the second clincher of the game.

We usually don't get big old furballs mid-maps, but we did this game and it looked really bad. A bomber, interceptor and fighter all were all in optimal positions to fire at Han. Han limped away from the exchange with 2 hull remaining but thankfully I managed to choose a maneuver he wasn't expecting and got clear of enemy firing arcs. The game ended soon after when I collapsed onto his formation who were badly all damaged from before anyway.

The rookie performed admirably, getting plenty of damage in over the course of the game. The HWK chased Soontir Fel and knocked off a point of hull, but then had to spend several turns out of the fight as Soontir escaped the far less manouverable rebel operative. Ultimately this meant Fel was in position for the second clincher mentioned above while the HWK was still far out of range.

The second game my opponent lamented his deployment, which was understandable as the way he'd deployed he had no approach onto Han that wouldn't involve dodging space junk. The game itself was much easier for me, I didn't leave my YT-1300 as vulnerable and despite having both the biggest and the least maneuverable ships on the board to deal with, I only just barely clipped one satellite (we use the probe counters from the scanning mission as extra terrain) while some crucial bomber rounds were ruined from beaching. The Rookie wasn't as valuable this game but the HWK just outright killed his interceptor (Turr Phennir this time) on round 2 and kept up with Han in overall damage over the rest of the game

I was pretty lucky both games, but the first game in particular was still no free ride. Later on I mentioned he was maybe approaching too fast as I never really had to eat a full round of shooting from him, most of the time his Fighters would lose tons of chances to shoot as they tried to flank when only one ship in my list was actually flank-able. I did really enjoy playing my list though and I'm looking forward to what he comes up with to crack it. I feel like the key will be to abuse the fact he just outright has more shooting than I do, and I told him as much. We also established the interceptor probably isn't the place to put extra points as my double turrets really expose an otherwise uncatchable ship. He might revisit elite interceptors once we get a Push the Limit, or once my list evolves.

It'll likely make for a weaker list but I'm hoping to get a B-wing and knocking Han down to an Outer Rim Smuggler, atleast while we're still playing at 100 points. My ultimate goal is to just have a list where I have one of each (or atleast most) rebel ship, establishing the original trilogy aesthetic theme of the diverse rebellion against the uniform empire.

Onwards to more yub nub!

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Had a cash tournament run alongside a 40k tourney in town today. I flew 2x Daggers with Adv Sensors and 2x Golds with Ion Cannon Turrets. The list performed really well when I flew it right, but I ended up getting knocked out in top 8. I'm happy to say that the guy that took me out works for FFG on X-Wing, so if you're going to lose, I guess that's not a terrible one to drop. FFG is right in town so the non-FFG sanctioned tourneys always bring out the employees.

Highlight of the day was my Daggers dropping Biggs in the first round of shooting, Wedge in the 2nd, and then ion-locking Chewie until I could set up the target lock+focus shots with the Daggers a couple rounds later. The force was truly with me. The final table was the guy that knocked me out, with a Dagger, a Red, a Green, and a Gold, and another FFG guy, running 6 TIEs and a Lambda with Vader. The latter guy went 1-2 throughout the day I think, but really turned it around in top 8 and 4.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I feel the generics are undercosted and really should lose 1 from their hull or shields for the smaller ships, more for the large ships (see outer rim smugglers).

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I had a game today. I flew 1x Yorr with Sensor Jammer and 3x Saber SQ. Pilots with PtL. Opponent brought 2x Rookie X-Wings with R2 Astros and 2x B-Wings with Ion Cannons and one had FCS. I set up in a tight group on the left side, while the Rebels were set up along the table edge.

I don't like blaming the dice for a loss, but after I had all 3 Interceptors attack an X-Wing at range 1 only doing 1 shield(I rolled mostly blanks, nullifying focus) it really set the tone of the rest of the game. While I did some shield damage, and the Sensor Jammer did mitigate a little bit of damage, I was rolled fairly quickly. The greatest strength of this list is maneuverability, which didn't count for much as I was guaranteed to be in a firing arc somewhere and would roll nothing but blanks with 3 or 4 defense dice. Convesly, if you do well with this list, you ~do well~, and you can also lose pretty quickly too. Kind of an 'all or nothing' situation. It wraps up a mini competition I had with the Rebel player, with 2 victories to 1.

I am conflicted with the best way to counter it. On one hand, the list I brought has beaten the 2X2B list before, but it highlights that it's not a sure thing. Statistically speaking, the X-Wing should've died on the first round to the 3x Interceptors with Focus. Even with average defense rolls, my attack rolls were something like 3x Blank 1x Damage, 2x Focus 2x Blank and the last roll was 2x Focus 1x Damage 1x Blank. On the flip side, smaller elite lists like what I brought will always suffer against equal numbers. It's only the third time I've run that list and while I feel like I have gotten the hang of it I would rate the 2X2B list as the one to beat.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
I tried rolling with a rookie and a Blue Squadron with Adv Sensors to go with my daggers but found the X-wing to be too squishy. I do think that 2X2B or 2Y2B are both very strong though.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Thought I'd share the following because it's pretty awesome. A friend of mine introduced his 5yr old son to gaming via X-Wing and they now play "spaceship game" almost every night before bed (mostly the basics leaving more complex rules for later). He got tired of playing on the kitchen floor so he built the below as a Christmas gift for his son.

He's an engineer so his basement is full of stuff like this.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ask that guy if he wants to adopt a 40-y.o. man-child, will ya?

Has anyone been able to get starter sets for past couple of months? In the UK? I've had an order for a second set waiting for ages with an online retailer, with an A-wing and a TIE interceptor, but the starter set has been held up because of production delays, supposedly. Add on shipping time and it's been close to 3 months since I placed the order, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Ask that guy if he wants to adopt a 40-y.o. man-child, will ya?

Has anyone been able to get starter sets for past couple of months? In the UK? I've had an order for a second set waiting for ages with an online retailer, with an A-wing and a TIE interceptor, but the starter set has been held up because of production delays, supposedly. Add on shipping time and it's been close to 3 months since I placed the order, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I've only used eBay and Amazon, and only sellers with guaranteed stock. 3 months is pretty ridiculous you could probably post one over from the US for about the same price right now. Get your money back as soon as possible.

e: I'm in Aus so no idea on UK stock.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I've been tinkering with making a casual play version of X-Wing more similar to Star Trek Attack Wing. The primary change is separating pilots from ships. So for instance, a base 1 skill x-wing is 21 points. That makes Wedge into a pilot card that says.

Wedge (Unique), 8 pts, 9 skill, +EPTx1, and his pilot ability.

Similarly, Howlrunner becomes

Howlrunner (unique), 7 pts, 8 skill, +EPTx1, and his pilot ability.

Do you see any really degenerate ship/pilot combinations coming from this system?

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

PJOmega posted:

I've been tinkering with making a casual play version of X-Wing more similar to Star Trek Attack Wing. The primary change is separating pilots from ships. So for instance, a base 1 skill x-wing is 21 points. That makes Wedge into a pilot card that says.

Do you see any really degenerate ship/pilot combinations coming from this system?

Biggs in a YT-1300.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Darth Vader in an a TIE Bomber, Howlrunner in an Interceptor, Captain Jonus in a TIE Fighter. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

TIE Interceptors are pretty great and I feel they are limited by Pilot Abilites (why PtL is always a winner on Saber SQ. Pilots). Also being able to put Green SQ. Pilots into Y-Wings and get a PS 3 with a EPT.

In other news, played a game yesterday. I took Jonus with Concussion Missiles and Proton Bombs and 3x Scimitar SQ. Pilots with Assault Missiles and Seismic Charges. Opponent took a variation of Han Shoots First but with Tycho and Arvel Crynyd. After the Assault Missiles toasted the Falcon the A-Wings ended up K-turning into my bomb field. Game over in about 4 rounds. Bombers strong.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Han in a TIE-Interceptor

1 shield, 5 hull, 4 attack dice, an EPT and Pilot 9. Total cost: 37. Slap him with PTL and a cloak and become the angel of death.

Spamius
Mar 17, 2009
To be fair Han was an Imperial pilot before he took up smuggling..

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Val Helmethead posted:

Han in a TIE-Interceptor

1 shield, 5 hull, 4 attack dice, an EPT and Pilot 9. Total cost: 37. Slap him with PTL and a cloak and become the angel of death.

Yeah, the large ship math doesn't work due to the bonus stats over the generic. To be fair, the generic large ships were really an excuse for people to sub them into existing lists, whereas the named ones are built around.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

For anyone who is interested, there is a Galactic Civil War campaign running at the moment. I'm not the guy running it but I think it's worth checking out at least. Imperials were winning in Phase 1 but looks like Rebels are pulling ahead.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1076400/unofficial-x-wing-galactic-campaign

Get that Rebel Base

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Any reason to get a second TIE Interceptor with the Imperial Aces expansion coming out? Is Interceptor x4 a viable list?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PJOmega posted:

Any reason to get a second TIE Interceptor with the Imperial Aces expansion coming out? Is Interceptor x4 a viable list?

About the only reason I can see is if you wanted to run 2 of the pilots from the single expansion that share a pilot token.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

PJOmega posted:

Turr + PTL
Saber + PTL x3

is plenty viable.

Im pretty sure the Aces pack was pushed back to 2014 too.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

jivjov posted:

About the only reason I can see is if you wanted to run 2 of the pilots from the single expansion that share a pilot token.

I'm pretty sure the backs of the new unique pilots are the same generic pilots we've already got.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Edit: Nevermind.

CoolstuffInc had them discounted down, but then reverted them. And the whole sale page. Weak.

PJOmega fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm pretty sure the backs of the new unique pilots are the same generic pilots we've already got.

Oh that's handy.

I bought 2 cores and 1 each of the TIE and X-Wing expansion packs, so every so often I'll decide to run 2 TIEs that happen to share the token from the expansion set. Thankfully, switching to a different nameless pilot is rarely an issue, and my local league is fine with squads going to 102 points in the event of something like that.

• Locked thread