Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Alteisen posted:

So, anything on SMTxFE?

Nope, i'm really really hoping thats still on though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Cracker King posted:

Oh poo poo. Catherine was supposed to be in the persona universe and I'm sure one of the endings involves Katherine getting knocked up? Right?

Catherine and the Persona games are separate from each other.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You're right guys, let's keep hope alive, sorry by being an pessimistic rear end :unsmith:

Am I the only one getting P/P2 vibes from that teaser? Like it looks way more somber and serious than P3/P4, heck I can see adult protagonists in there.

Persona 4's early stuff was about people dying and the murder mystery so it's hard to say how the game will actually feel. Red and black is the Persona 2 colour palette, though.

Also, Persona 3's theme was about how everything dies so it's hard for a game to more somber than that.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

Sputty posted:

Also, Persona 3's theme was about how everything dies so it's hard for a game to more somber than that.

And you shot yourself in the head to MAGIC

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Now that I think about, DeSu2'remake is still a thing?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Now that I think about, DeSu2'remake is still a thing?

Delayed to "2014" in Japan.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I just hope the music will be as chill as the fanmade ones that were made some years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lp_xPNC8Ag

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

aers posted:

The Persona 3 reveal was March 2006 in Famitsu and the game came out in July. The Persona 4 reveal was March 2008 in the same and the game also came out in July.

I guess it's possible, but that still seems rather ridiculous to announce the game 5 months from release and not have anything to show right now.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I guess it's possible, but that still seems rather ridiculous to announce the game 5 months from release and not have anything to show right now.

Plus the only game that got a definite release data was Persona Q, and that's dropping in June.

It's also the game I'm looking forward to most at the moment. I keep rewatching the trailer because I am weak to cheesy J-pop.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I suspect we'll learn more in the coming weeks via Famitsu and the Persona magazine.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Everything about the fanmade P5 stuff was really awesome. They even made a pretty cool trailer, but i can't find it anywhere on YouTube. I really just want to see a Persona 5 like what they were setting it up as, because it seemed cool as hell. And seriously, they picked out a lot of cool and unique music that would fit pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_vN-UQ2TiY

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Strange Quark posted:

Plus the only game that got a definite release data was Persona Q, and that's dropping in June.

If it's Winter 2014, that means P5 has to drop between January the 1st and March the 21st or December the 21st and December the 31st, doesn't it? So, realistically we're looking at the very tail end of December.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It could also mean January or February of 2015, Winter 2014 doesn't necessarily mean it will be out in 2014, it just means it will be out within that season. Winter 2013 this year goes into 2014, so that means it's still Winter 2013. I don't really want to get technical about season right now, but from my experience when most companies say "Winter of X year" they usually mean December of that year following into the next year, if they were this close to release then they'd probably have a release date to give us.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Titty Hero posted:

Everything about the fanmade P5 stuff was really awesome. They even made a pretty cool trailer, but i can't find it anywhere on YouTube. I really just want to see a Persona 5 like what they were setting it up as, because it seemed cool as hell. And seriously, they picked out a lot of cool and unique music that would fit pretty well.
The person who was making all that stuff also had the idea that dialogue would kind of like Alpha Protocol, which I would freakin' love.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

The person who was making all that stuff also had the idea that dialogue would kind of like Alpha Protocol, which I would freakin' love.

Aw man, now I want that game even more. :(

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Titty Hero posted:

Aw man, now I want that game even more. :(
Really, if Atlus changed the social links from dating sim-likes into something akin to how Telltale and Obsidian handles character interaction, Persona 5 would be amazing.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So where did the idea for Dancing All Night come from? Did somebody look at Golden's opening video and think "Now that's a game"?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BlazeEmblem posted:

So where did the idea for Dancing All Night come from? Did somebody look at Golden's opening video and think "Now that's a game"?

They probably saw other rpg games get a rhythm game (final fantasy) and decided to make one I mean sega already owns hatsune miku, so in a way it makes sense. Also the music in persona is perfectly suited for a rhythm game for sure.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

BlazeEmblem posted:

I know dude who would fall head over heels for P4D because they loving love those hatsune miku games.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlazeEmblem posted:

"Hey Project Diva's pretty popular, you know what else is?"
"Perrrr-soooo-na?"
"Yeahhhhh."

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

BlazeEmblem posted:

Wouldn't surprise me. Kingdom Hearts came from a meeting in an elevator between two execs bullshitting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I regret changing my avatar so recently now that I've seen this.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Sex_Ferguson posted:

It could also mean January or February of 2015, Winter 2014 doesn't necessarily mean it will be out in 2014, it just means it will be out within that season. Winter 2013 this year goes into 2014, so that means it's still Winter 2013. I don't really want to get technical about season right now, but from my experience when most companies say "Winter of X year" they usually mean December of that year following into the next year, if they were this close to release then they'd probably have a release date to give us.

Huh. I don't know how that hadn't registered up till now. What an odd system.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

CottonWolf posted:

Huh. I don't know how that hadn't registered up till now. What an odd system.

I don't know, it seems really obvious to me that when a company is pushing "WINTER 2013" that people naturally assume "awesome, I can get this for Christmas in 2013".

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Narukami looks like he has a really thug attitude in PQ. It's beautiful.

Also, P4D is a joke you'd make about a franchise selling out. Don't get my wrong, I'm totally going to buy it, and I'm totally going to love every moment of it, but drat.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Butt Ghost posted:

Narukami looks like he has a really thug attitude in PQ. It's beautiful.

Also, P4D is a joke you'd make about a franchise selling out. Don't get my wrong, I'm totally going to buy it, and I'm totally going to love every moment of it, but drat.

I'd argue they sold out on persona a long time ago.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
None of those were a Chie & Akihiko buddy cop game. That's it, Japan's back on the "Uncool List"

I'll play a dancing game though, heck I gotta use that Vita for something besides P3P and P4G.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Atlus should win an award for best reveal ever.

"Hey, the theme of our next game is emancipation. We should dick around our fans for 45 minutes and make them lose all hope before revealing Persona 5"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dezinus posted:

None of those were a Chie & Akihiko buddy cop game. That's it, Japan's back on the "Uncool List"

I'll play a dancing game though, heck I gotta use that Vita for something besides P3P and P4G.

I would also accept a game where Junpei and Yosuke wander the Earth being ridiculous accidental dickheads to everyone.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Poonerman posted:

Atlus should win an award for best reveal ever.

"Hey, the theme of our next game is emancipation. We should dick around our fans for 45 minutes and make them lose all hope before revealing Persona 5"

You. Are. Slave.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
Well that was the wrong night to take a "nap."

Persona Q looks like it'll be a fun game, but a "P3 cast is teleported halfway into P4's time, also this major thing happened that no one ever mentioned" plot is kinda pushing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do mean P5 will be released a few months from now. It's been pointed out, but they usually do announcements only a few months before release.

Also:

Terper posted:

Megami Tensei Megathread: You are slave. Want emancipation? Persona 5 announced.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I know P5 talk is dominating right now, but like I said earlier, I'm going through P4 for the first time, and I think I've found something I don't like in it: the sequences that are three or four days of slice of life stuff with no real choices available (I'm looking at you, end of summer sequence). It feels like a cutscene without anything interesting happening.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You. Are. Slave.

Want Emancipation?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Didn't see these links all stacked together in here, so here's Atlus's official previews of all 4 games. Shamelessly borrowed from the Golden thread.

Persona 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZssK05WYo

Persona Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etfqRXPXbQQ

P4A Ultimax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqmnp2wZRU4

Dance All Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BIRWiifo8

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Maybe instead of highschool it's college! Ball and chain to your chair writing so many essays.

Or society at this point expecting young people to get into debt, just to get an acceptable degree, which might give them a good enough job to realistically pay off all that school and family bills right before they die. Hell, if they make every character trying to break out of their social obligations and restrictive rules by getting persona power to live life the way they want it, I'll love this game forever. Even if that makes the protagonists horrible people for abusing power to get what they want.

DON'T LIKE YOUR lovely JOB? NOW YOU THE PLAYER CAN BE A BETTER ADACHI! :devil:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

Persona Q looks like it'll be a fun game, but a "P3 cast is teleported halfway into P4's time, also this major thing happened that no one ever mentioned" plot is kinda pushing it.
I'm not thinking about it too hard, because the adorable aesthetic has me distracted. It probably isn't even canon.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 24, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can make my dream team of Koromaru Kanji and Akihiko. :swoon:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Probably the biggest surprise for Persona Q was Theo showing up in the cast pan-across. Since he and Elizabeth were sat with Fuuka it makes me think they'll just be support people, I would love for them to be party members. But the main thin that has me excited about PQ is seeing the two casts interact in a longform cooperative game as opposed to P4A's mind control murderfest.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Someone come up with a rap with the words "slave" "chains" "chair" "emancipation" in them, we need to figure out P5's battle theme.

Alternatively, ska.

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
I hope they follow P4G and have two regular battle themes.