Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Does it take a while from registration to being able to login with the client? It isn't accepting my password as correct strangely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Did you run the connection patch :eng101:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

SHISHKABOB posted:

Did you run the connection patch :eng101:

That fixed it thanks!

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Vargs posted:

Death becomes a lot less common once you start getting some defensive/escape abilities. Those first few levels are rough, especially if you start in Dun Morogh. All those fuckin trogg/troll caves, man.

One thing that I noticed - I played a dwarf warrior to level 11 or something before deciding I wanted to play a gnome - The dwarf was much, much easier to level for the first ~10 levels.

It doesn't matter at level 60, but at the very beginning, Gnomes have terrible starting stats for warriors.

Dwarves start with 90 HP, 26 STR, and a 2H axe that says 1.4 dps.

Gnomes start with 50 HP, 18 STR, and a 1H sword that says 1.1 dps.

It translates into the gnome doing 2-4 damage per hit, and the dwarf doing 7-8 per hit at level 1.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My buddy and I are now 10 and 11 respectively and we die less unless we pull 4 mobs, which is a lot more frequent than we'd like. I went engineering so I could craft bombs and have a ranged pull as a paladin, and having two bubbles and Lay on Hands helps a lot.

Bohemienne
May 15, 2007
This is Cerinne, I might not be on until right at raidtime (7:30) due to work but I will be there tonight.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
I forgot how awful it was to grind rep in vanilla. I need ~4K Darnassus rep for that sweet sabre, but there is not a single nelf quest giver left in Azeroth.

I miss Outland.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
In as Donnyjepp, never seems to be anybody around that can invite me when I'm online ;(

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So do we have carte blanche to request gear from goongreens and whatnot? I feel bad, like I'm mooching or something, but there are a lot of greens there I could use to gear my char up.

Meveeh
Dec 22, 2008

Tigern posted:

I forgot how awful it was to grind rep in vanilla. I need ~4K Darnassus rep for that sweet sabre, but there is not a single nelf quest giver left in Azeroth.

I miss Outland.

Morrowgrain gives darn rep. Enjoy farming Un'Goro Soil.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

the posted:

So do we have carte blanche to request gear from goongreens and whatnot? I feel bad, like I'm mooching or something, but there are a lot of greens there I could use to gear my char up.

Request away! That's what all of that gear is for, for lowbies to take and use.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

the posted:

If it's going to help you level up then take 'em. They're just rotting otherwise, do it!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

the posted:

Ideally, take everything you need and also donate anything decent that you don't (+damage or eagle/owl cloth, monkey/tiger/agility leather, etc). I even shove any unwanted BoE blues in the guild bank since it's such a world chat spamming/lost deposit hassle to sell them most of the time. I tend to make an exception for sought-after twink items though. A normal player isn't gonna use a sweet blue level 29 sword any longer than he'd use a level 22 one, but twinks will often pay pretty nicely for best in slot stuff at the upper end of a level range.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We posted some stuff on the LGW forums about the Flamegor fight for the raid tonight @ 8 PM.

Just wanted to mention it here so that everyone sees it. Especially hunters - there is an addon we need you guys to install. And then prepare a macro for Tranq rotations like the one in the thread.

Take a look here:

http://getweirdwith.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=419

If we can make the tranq rotation work as smoothly as they did in this video by using the macro Xoober wrote, then the fight seems to become a joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vc_YO03Rug

Senrab
May 10, 2012
I've been on this server as Horde for a few weeks before I found out about this guild. It got lonely so I just rerolled an Alliance warrior. Name is Turgeth.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

In as Hillaryous (:buddy:), please invite when you get a chance.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I dont like to stress the fact that the warlock rocks, but he jus does,So, for all you staff users out there, feel free to come in and post, my staff is a good one, but here is how it goes
1. post message in the room
2. LOOK IT OVER
3. dont report anything, i might get in trouble :)
and 4. Have fun!!!

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

the posted:

I dont like to stress the fact that the warlock rocks, but he jus does,So, for all you staff users out there, feel free to come in and post, my staff is a good one, but here is how it goes
1. post message in the room
2. LOOK IT OVER
3. dont report anything, i might get in trouble :)
and 4. Have fun!!!

Dude. What?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Google says this thing. There is an internet thing going on and I don't get :thejoke:, but there you go.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
:siren:Flamegor down:siren: due to Xoober knowing how to make macros and Hunters getting over their collective downs syndrome.

Loot pinata dragons are now a go!

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Xoober is a literal wizard.

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

Let's gently caress around a little bit, I have nothing better to do. In as palsforlife.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mystery Prize posted:

:siren:Flamegor down:siren: due to Xoober knowing how to make macros and Hunters getting over their collective downs syndrome.

Loot pinata dragons are now a go!

Whoop whoop! Good job guys! Here's to more boss lewtz.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
Anyone having trouble logging in to the server? I get to the "sucess!" part of loading, it'll hang for a bit, then I get booted to realm selection. Is this happening to anyone else?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was happening to me about an hour ago or so. I haven't tried recently.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
Looks like this was posted an hour ago:

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/64642-ed-realm-temporarily-unavailable/page__pid__501065#entry501065

quote:

Dear members,

At the moment the ED realm is down until further notice.

The server has been taken down by us in order for us to perform some checks.

We will keep you up to date as always.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work.

Kind regards,

WoW-One administration

SubliminalTomato
Dec 24, 2007
Inconsistent in everything but quality.
they must be fixing lethal shots for me. how nice of them!

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

SubliminalTomato posted:

they must be fixing lethal shots for me. how nice of them!

I actually did some research into this, and while Lethal Shots itself is broken, we have 5% more crit than we're supposed to have anyway due to a bug so it's irrelevant.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
https://github.com/FeenixServerProject/Phoenix_1.12.1_Issue_tracker/issues/3850

Bijou's quest in LBRS finally getting fixed, maybe.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
I think I need to log on more so I can actually level and as well as keeping active in the guild. I forgot how much of pain in the rear end some vanilla stuff is without the support of a guild.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.

Mystery Prize posted:

I actually did some research into this, and while Lethal Shots itself is broken, we have 5% more crit than we're supposed to have anyway due to a bug so it's irrelevant.

Now if only they would fix flurry and give us a 10 minute warning before the server reset life would be great.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'm good as long as they don't fix Clearcasting. I love using Blizzard 4-5 times (or more) in a row and coming out with more mana than I started with.

Extra bit of amusing bugginess: Clearcasting also procs off of bandages.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

AtillatheBum posted:

Now if only they would fix flurry and give us a 10 minute warning before the server reset life would be great.

What is broken with flurry currently? It seemed to work OK back when I was fury...

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

TheGreySpectre posted:

I think I need to log on more so I can actually level and as well as keeping active in the guild. I forgot how much of pain in the rear end some vanilla stuff is without the support of a guild.

I just noticed that you applied on the guild website, goons need not apply, just whisper an officer in game and we'll get you in.

edit: What's wrong with flurry? It works fine for me. Also Quick Shots procs off bandaging as well, which is amazing.

mewse
May 2, 2006

This is ICQ, I will probably be late for the raid tonight because I'm going to my parents for dinner

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
New goon here, in as Saami.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Flurry procs when you get a critical hit, right? I think I heard from someone that it doesn't proc if you get a critical on the last hit of a flurry? And it's supposed to? Maybe? I have no idea.

SubliminalTomato
Dec 24, 2007
Inconsistent in everything but quality.

Mystery Prize posted:

Well i surely did not know that, but what about Mortal Shots??

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
I already posted in the attendance/unattendance thread but I might as well post here too--I'm not gonna be there tonight. Hope you guys can still make something happen despite the impending doom of holidays and people spending time with family and irl friends instead of internet nerds.

my perfect attendance record :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What's the deal with the random disconnects between 10-11 pm EST? Has Feenix ever explained what's going on with that? That's the one hour during weeknights I know I want to play but it's almost not worth it because I never know when I'm going to lose small amounts of progress or randomly DC in a terrible spot.

• Locked thread