Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

The SJ ost felt a bit phoned in. It could have used some more variety.

Thirding this, Meguro felt like he was trying to do something different but only so many tracks sounded unique and interesting, the rest just sort of fades into the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
If Nanako isn't a playable character in DAN than Atlus has failed

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My main hope for P5 is that they make the characters actually have character development. That was definitely a glaring flaw in P4.

I'm a huge grouch but I'll probably buy whatever stupid overpriced special edition they'll end up releasing for it regardless though. :sigh:

On another note I'm really hoping the Persona EO keeps the map drawing and brutal enemy encounter aspects in, even if it's only on like one difficulty or something.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Here's a thought: P5 seems to have a theme of imprisonment, right? Perhaps the main characters summon their Personas by breaking their chains.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's impossible to guess from the limited info but I really wouldn't be surprised if the chains are 'social' chains that bind people to acting in certain ways and the overall theme is breaking free of them. It seems like a pretty Persona thing to do and would make for easy Social Link concepts. A lot of Persona 4's stuff was already like that. (Kanji being bound by how society thinks he should act, Yukiko feeling tied by the duties of her family, ect, ect.)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Butt Ghost posted:

Here's a thought: P5 seems to have a theme of imprisonment, right? Perhaps the main characters summon their Personas by breaking their chains.

I'm all for this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Poonerman posted:

If Nanako isn't a playable character in DAN than Atlus has failed

Uh, I think you mean Dojima.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

If Dojima makes it in even as DLC Atlus will have made me pay for DLC when I never do.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It's impossible to guess from the limited info but I really wouldn't be surprised if the chains are 'social' chains that bind people to acting in certain ways and the overall theme is breaking free of them. It seems like a pretty Persona thing to do and would make for easy Social Link concepts. A lot of Persona 4's stuff was already like that. (Kanji being bound by how society thinks he should act, Yukiko feeling tied by the duties of her family, ect, ect.)

If we can actually get the characters to actually rebel instead of slipping back into how society wants them to at, then I am all for this.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Butt Ghost posted:

Simon Blackquill confirmed for Persona 5.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Proto Cloud posted:

Just because you can, doesn't mean it's okay to do so. By the time Square started whoring its franchise was around the time its brand was starting to stink.

I dunno, I could be wrong and PQ and 5 turn out fine and my dismay is for naught, but this is a huge cause of concern for me at the moment.

We got a 1 minute teaser for P5 and you're suggesting that Atlus is going downhill just because P3/4 is popular enough to get a bunch of spinoff titles? They announced a new game. You can ignore the spinoffs if you're getting tired of them, but guess what? A lot of people in this very thread mentioned that they're willing to buy a loving dancing game day 1. Why does chibi artstyle bother you more than playing a game that has anime girlfriends anyway?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Come on now. Both of them.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Butt Ghost posted:

Simon Black-

Death Priest posted:

gently caress, beaten!

For serious though, I will buy Persona 5, day one without hesitation. I'll wait for reviews of PQ and maybe the others are maybes depending on how reviews turn out.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So I was going over the Dance All Night trailer, and I noticed that both Yu and Rise had a yellow armband, but Kanamin didn't. Do you think that it might be a club armband, like the SEES armband in Persona 3?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I wonder if a slavery theme means that the main character's personas will come from African mythology this time. That's always been given somewhat of a short shrift in the series. Literally the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Loa...

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

I wonder if a slavery theme means that the main character's personas will come from African mythology this time. That's always been given somewhat of a short shrift in the series. Literally the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Loa...

Well, there is Ogun from the first Persona, some of the Egyptian personas like Anubis and Isis, and a few demons from the main series. But yeah, some more from African mythology would be pretty cool. Especially if they can work Anansi in there.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You think Igor will run out of people to work in the Velvet room and go all digital? Every new persona game seems to make another other worldly being go head over heels for the protagonist, and do you have any idea how much it costs to hire temps between dream and reality?! Philemon ain't paying for jack poo poo these days.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 25, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CottonWolf posted:

I really hope it means that the game starts changing mechanics around halfway through. You think it's a linear RPG but then you start playing further and it becomes an open world Fallout game.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

Simon Black-

Death Priest posted:

gently caress, beaten!

Coincidence?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The only thing that's sort of dissapointing about P5 is the confirmation that the Persona series is now Soejima's gig.
I want more from Kaneko dammit :smith:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Crabtree posted:

You think Igor will run out of people to work in the Velvet room and go all digital? Every new persona game seems to make another other worldly being go head over heels for the protagonist, and do you have any idea how much it costs to hire temps between dream and reality?! Philemon ain't paying for jack poo poo these days.

Igor will install a robotic AI.

The MC will, of course, find a way to bang it. Such is the way of the Wild Card.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
We already had that happen in Persona 3.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pureauthor posted:

We already had that happen in Persona 3.

Hey now back-of-neck touching is not banging I'll have you know.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The only thing that's sort of dissapointing about P5 is the confirmation that the Persona series is now Soejima's gig.
I want more from Kaneko dammit :smith:

I thought it has been for a long time? :confused: Since 3 at least, but I think you can argue since from the start. I do agree that it would be nice to see something from Kaneko, anywhere.

Lukewarm on on Dancing All Night. I do like Rhythm games though, and allows me to get a Miku game without actually getting a Miku game, then that is fine by me.

Persona Q looks neat. I am all over that whimsical poo poo.

And finally HOLY poo poo PERSONA 5 it is about time.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Unlucky7 posted:

I thought it has been for a long time? :confused: Since 3 at least, but I think you can argue since from the start. I do agree that it would be nice to see something from Kaneko, anywhere.

The PSP ports of the P2 games also has updated art from Doi. We haven't seen Kaneko in general for a while.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think changing the character designer for their most popular spinoff at the height of its popularity would be kind of dumb.

Kaneko is fine, but his styles don't really gel with the newer Personas for me.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ImpAtom posted:

That does seem like the most "Persona" guess of them all. The entire idea of P4 was self-discovery, it would make sense for P5 to move on to showing the rest of the world what you are like as well.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

projecthalaxy posted:

Hey now back-of-neck touching is not banging I'll have you know.

It is if you can find a hard surface to knock them out. It worked for fight club. :colbert:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Strange Quark posted:

We haven't seen Kaneko in general for a while.

He spent too long in the flower field; if he tries to leave, he'll die due to the lack of pollen.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Butt Ghost posted:

P5 takes place in prison.
Stone Ocean takes place in prison.
Both involve young women with ghost like things that have strange powers.
Hirohiko Araki confirmed for new main artist :rms:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why the gently caress is Marie in love with the player character. He just takes her around to a few places and tells her to take it easy. This is dumb as hell.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Everyone wants Yu.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Emron posted:

Why the gently caress is Marie in love with the player character. He just takes her around to a few places and tells her to take it easy. This is dumb as hell.

Her only other human* contact is Igor and her sister. If she's going to fall in love with somebody he's the best choice.

E: not trying to say it isn't lame. it's lame.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 25, 2013

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, the Marie thing is pretty dumb.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't it be funny if PersonaQ explains how the Investigation Team learns the Persona 3 victory poses? The game doesn't let you get the Gekkoukan uniforms until after the events of that game occur.

Also, I didn't see the actual stream video posted. I got this from the P4U thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFeCqKdXSc

E: at 19:59 the game goes full Scooby Doo. Seeing some actual PQ gameplay makes it a lot more interesting.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 25, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Proto Cloud posted:

I dunno, I could be wrong and PQ and 5 turn out fine and my dismay is for naught, but this is a huge cause of concern for me at the moment.
What, a company trying to make money from their product? Yes, they need to preserve the artistic integrity of a series where an anime teenager with five girlfriends shoots himself in the head to summon a giant throbbing penis, and also you can put those girlfriends in chainmail bikinis.

It's a dumb little spin-off thing but it has Zero, Zilch, Zippo, Nada effect on Persona 5. Two different teams are working on them. The only possible crossover I can see is, if the dancing game does well, P5 characters/songs being added as DLC or in an expansion pack after P5 comes out. Which is an effect on P4D, not P5.

What is there to be concerned about? Unless Persona 5 is a rhythm game where you break free from the chains holding you back from dancing like in about seven different 90s movies, there is literally nothing there. P4D might as well not exist.

And if it is, it still probably would be less transparent than Marie in P4G.

EDIT: Heck, isn't it basically just a full game based on that arc in P4G where the gang become Rise's band for convoluted reasons?

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 25, 2013

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

:geno:yeah. dance party. i love to boogie:geno:

This is hilarious.

Accordion Man posted:

Funky Student better be the final boss of Dance All Night.

This is amazing. This is better than what we'll get.

projecthalaxy posted:

I would also accept a game where Junpei and Yosuke wander the Earth being ridiculous accidental dickheads to everyone.

This sounds pretty fun too.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Endorph posted:

What, a company trying to make money from their product? Yes, they need to preserve the artistic integrity of a series where an anime teenager with five girlfriends shoots himself in the head to summon a giant throbbing penis, and also you can put those girlfriends in chainmail bikinis.

It's a dumb little spin-off thing but it has Zero, Zilch, Zippo, Nada effect on Persona 5. Two different teams are working on them. The only possible crossover I can see is, if the dancing game does well, P5 characters/songs being added as DLC or in an expansion pack after P5 comes out. Which is an effect on P4D, not P5.

What is there to be concerned about? Unless Persona 5 is a rhythm game where you break free from the chains holding you back from dancing like in about seven different 90s movies, there is literally nothing there. P4D might as well not exist.

And if it is, it still probably would be less transparent than Marie in P4G.

EDIT: Heck, isn't it basically just a full game based on that arc in P4G where the gang become Rise's band for convoluted reasons?

Thank you. I don't understand why people get their boxers in a bunch about Persona being the "cash cow" franchise. Yeah, we know that it's happening. And? Atlus is a company and companies like making money. They're also experimenting with different game styles, like what they did in the first P4 Arena. If they didn't take advantage of how popular Persona is, it would be a stupid move, especially when you consider that the SMT line came up with the Persona series as a way to make games more mainstream-friendly, (i.e: sell better).

There are plenty of gripes to be had about some of their decisions (ignoring P1 and P2, where the hell is Minako, Marie existing, etc), but the fact that Atlus is taking advantage of Persona's comparatively huge popularity is not one of them!

Besides, Persona combined with Etrian Odyssey game play sounds pretty interesting (to me, anyway). If it doesn't to you, that's fine, but it's not going to effect Persona 5 at all.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

CottonWolf posted:

B-b-b-but Yu's smile isn't megidolaon cute! I still can't believe that the phrase 'megidolaon cute' appeared in that trailer.

I am seriously hyped for the dancing game. It looks like so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

All I know is that if I don't get to dance to Kick Out the Jams this game will be an utter failure.