Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

All I know is that if I don't get to dance to Kick Out the Jams this game will be an utter failure.

No! Everyone knows that the song that should absolutely be in the game is The Battle for Everyone's Slams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Titty Hero posted:

I just hope he can branch away from J-Pop a bit and move back towards something more like Nocturne or DDS, but he seems pretty hellbent on making Persona a J-Pop thing.

I don't think we are on the same page because I love the J-Pop and Rap Meguro adds to the series. And Catherine soundtrack was ok. He did add some godlike tracks to P3P and P4G as well as some for P4A I believe.

E: Yeah while Catherine's soundtrack wasn't my thing, it was still really good. I didn't like it much on my first few listens because I expected a pop soundtrack.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 25, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone translated that last slide in the Ultimax trailer:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Then maybe its not Adachi, its shadow Adachi?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That seems like a reasonable possibility. This is probably more malevolent entity fuckery.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Argent Cinereus posted:

Well, there is Ogun from the first Persona, some of the Egyptian personas like Anubis and Isis, and a few demons from the main series. But yeah, some more from African mythology would be pretty cool. Especially if they can work Anansi in there.

Isis has the same 'Journey to the Underworld' story that seems to be required for the MC's original person in this series. Except that she actually gets it right, unlike Orpheus and Izzy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Something tells me all the characters appearing in the spin off games are going to be characters in Persona 5. Have we seen the red hair guy's school jacket? It's wrapped around his waist so we can't tell. The two Persona Q characters who lost their memories wear a different school uniform than the others. In addition, P4A also has a tower in the background, sending out pulses. Maybe it's the same one?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sho, Rei, and Zen actually all have Yasogami High uniforms on. The possibility of them being related to P5 is still there, but we can't really base it off their clothing. I do have a feeling that Sho is related to P5, at least. However, I don't think Rei and Zen are related to P5, especially considering they might not even exist canonically, but there's no proof pointing either way yet.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 28, 2013

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BrightWing posted:

Then maybe its not Adachi, its shadow Adachi?

Aren't those the same thing?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

alcharagia posted:

Aren't those the same thing?

I thought Shadow Adachi was just Ameno-Sagiri? The big fog ball?

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
That's a separate entity.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Nope. He gave in to Ameno Sagiri, but normal Adachi has a lot less drive that what he shows in the TV World, where he's basically driven by Sagiri to let the fog out. Or at least, that's my take of it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Adachi had already accepted his Shadow for what it was a long time ago, which is why he has a persona when you fight him. At least that's my take on it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cracker King posted:

TEEN PREGNANCY. It's obvious. Ball and chain - marriage. GET IT?

It would be interesting to have the persona series go into another structured environment like school. Maybe be a college intern and fight shadows derived from evil xerox machines.

This made me think of something.

What if the structured environment is some kind of prison town where persona users are being studied a la dead man's wonderland?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Adachi had already accepted his Shadow for what it was a long time ago, which is why he has a persona when you fight him. At least that's my take on it.

Or it could be like Yu, who didn't have to face his shadow, probably because of Izanami's influence. With Namatame not having a Persona, I guess his psyche was unbalanced enough that Izanami's aspect of herself she put in him could easily take over.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

Or it could be like Yu, who didn't have to face his shadow, probably because of Izanami's influence. With Namatame not having a Persona, I guess his psyche was unbalanced enough that Izanami's aspect of herself she put in him could easily take over.

That's always how I kinda saw it. Izanami gives him the potential, then either she or Ameno comes to Adachi and is like "yo do you want tons of power without consequences" and suddenly a lunatic rapist sociopath has a Persona and is doing Ameno-Sagiri's legwork while Narukami gets the whole Velvet Limo/honor and duty trip. It's been a while since I played P4 though so this could all be retarded.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
You're not that far off. She gives the three of them the "spark" and lets things play out.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

For those wondering about release time frames:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25/persona-director-talks-persona-q-persona-dancing-future/

quote:

“Persona Q is just entering its testing phase, and we’re currently polishing its contents,” says Hashino. “As for Persona 4: The Ultimate Suplex Hold, the folks from Arc System Works are helping out, and the development progress is going very smoothly. By summer of next year, we’ll be delivering a very voluminous PlayStation 3 version.”

“Persona 4: Dancing All Night, too, is pretty much done for the most part, but we’re about to make more dances and events for it,” continues Hashino. “We, the Persona team, along with Arc System Works, and Dingo, are strongly focusing on our objectives and giving everything we got to meet your expectations, and we’ll continue doing so!”

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

After Shin Megami Tensei IV, I hope you can dress the Persona 5 character in dumb outfits.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pasteurized Milk posted:

After Shin Megami Tensei IV, I hope you can dress the Persona 5 character in dumb outfits.

They let you have wacky costumes in P3P and P4G. Hopefully they'll continue the trend.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Persona Q seems like a thing that's definitely coming out over here. Persona games do pretty well in NA, and so do Etrian Odyssey games, so I don't see why it wouldn't. I wonder what the chances of Dancing All Night coming out over here are though.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

JetGrind posted:

Persona Q seems like a thing that's definitely coming out over here. Persona games do pretty well in NA, and so do Etrian Odyssey games, so I don't see why it wouldn't. I wonder what the chances of Dancing All Night coming out over here are though.

All of those announced games are coming to NA.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

TurnipFritter posted:

Source?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TurnipFritter posted:

Welp, time to start saving for a Vita.

Though there aren't a lot of games that I want to play there: the Megaten ones, the Disgaea ports, (if they got released here)the Neptunia ports :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rhythm games are dirt cheap to localize, even that god awful Hyperdimension Neptunia rhythm game with only 5 songs in it is getting a localization.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Rhythm games are dirt cheap to localize, even that god awful Hyperdimension Neptunia rhythm game with only 5 songs in it is getting a localization.

As long as the songs aren't translated, it's a day one buy for me. I don't want to hear Laura Bailey sing anymore than I have to.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

As long as the songs aren't translated, it's a day one buy for me. I don't want to hear Laura Bailey sing anymore than I have to.

But what if I don't want to hear Rie Kugimiya sing?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
So I managed to pick up Nocturne "new" for like $18 from Amazon. It was shrinkwrapped, had the manual and the disc wasn't scratched at all. Did they print more of them at some point, or unearth a batch from somewhere? I always remember it being in the $40-$50 range just for a used copy every time I looked it up. I mean, $20 for a PS2 game is still a lot, but I thought Nocturne would be stuck in collector hell for a looooong time.

Can't wait to play the "hard" game in the SMT line. (sorry if this got mentioned before. I checked the last 15 pages, but I'm not going back through all 330+)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Static Rook posted:

So I managed to pick up Nocturne "new" for like $18 from Amazon. It was shrinkwrapped, had the manual and the disc wasn't scratched at all. Did they print more of them at some point, or unearth a batch from somewhere? I always remember it being in the $40-$50 range just for a used copy every time I looked it up. I mean, $20 for a PS2 game is still a lot, but I thought Nocturne would be stuck in collector hell for a looooong time.

Can't wait to play the "hard" game in the SMT line. (sorry if this got mentioned before. I checked the last 15 pages, but I'm not going back through all 330+)

They did indeed reprint it. They also reprinted both DDS games and - I think? - Raidou 1. I'm not positive on that though.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Static Rook posted:

I remember that in on of the later games in the series, you can actually fight the Nocturne protagonist. He's considered the hardest SMT boss out there, and the music that plays is just the standard battle music for Nocturne. If I recall, he's supposed to be an insane boss to you, but you are a random encounter to him.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

King of Solomon posted:

They did indeed reprint it. They also reprinted both DDS games and - I think? - Raidou 1. I'm not positive on that though.

Yes they reprinted Raidou 1 making my copy not worth a new (used) textbook anymore :( assholes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

I don't want to hear Laura Bailey sing anymore than I have to.

How is it even possible to be that wrong?

I would think they'd just stick with the Persona concert singers, though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Static Rook posted:

You know how some bosses that are so ludicrously difficult that they break the flow of play and you have to grind for one million years? In Nocturne, it's all of them. Matador. The horror.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I don't remember grinding nearly as much in Nocturne as I did in both DDS games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nocturne isn't really grindy at all. You just have to use buffs/debuffs. Matador is a bit of a roadblock in that you might not have the best possible buffs by that point but he's about it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The possibly that i am just bad+an idiot is always to be considered. Thing's a ton harder than P3/4 is what I'm trying to say here.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Honestly, now I'm wondering if I shouldn't pick up Etrian Odyssey 3 or 4 to get my dungeon-crawling skills up to par for Persona Q.

Also, am I the only one super disappointed that Persona Q wasn't actually a 1960's themed Persona game? 'cause when I saw that title font, that's what I thought it was gonna be.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Also, am I the only one super disappointed that Persona Q wasn't actually a 1960's themed Persona game? 'cause when I saw that title font, that's what I thought it was gonna be.

You're allowed to hold out hope until we find out that Persona 5 doesn't take place in a different era/deal with older characters or a new setting/bring back the metaplot from Persona 1 and 2/etc.

And when that happens you can deflate along with the rest of us. :colbert:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Honestly, now I'm wondering if I shouldn't pick up Etrian Odyssey 3 or 4 to get my dungeon-crawling skills up to par for Persona Q.

I got Scooby Doo vibes from the title font as well.

Edit: Come to think of it, the cast does consist of a bunch of meddling kids and their dog...

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Zombies' Downfall posted:

You're allowed to hold out hope until we find out that Persona 5 doesn't take place in a different era/deal with older characters or a new setting/bring back the metaplot from Persona 1 and 2/etc.

And when that happens you can deflate along with the rest of us. :colbert:

I was watching the stream for the announcement, and someone said 'watch the last countdown be persona 1 and 2 characters!'

When that didn't happen I was so sad. I just want Eikichi back, guys.