Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

That they are, but some of them make excellent heels regardless!

Mark my words...

I shall return to haunt you!

He's still very much a work-in-progress, but I've got all the basics done. I wish this game had a bigger, bushier beard.

Just paint the rest of the beard onto his shirt. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
A well made LeChuck would get my backing, heel or not. Another great villain who would make for an amazing heel is Handsome Jack.

There's no shortage of charismatic bad guys, we just need them made and Bazza approved.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I considered that, but it looks awful from the side due to the coat doesn't look half-bad, actually! I'm still considering some revisions of that idea (I can't make his neck any shorter, unfortunately).

It's not even that bad from the side if he keeps in motion.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 25, 2013

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I think any character can become a heel if the story writer is good. Depending on villain characters that have heel potential alone would probably just end up disastrous. Just look at how Bazza turn an unpopular character like Flint into a favor, although Flint being a competent wrestler in helping Nappa getting the balls also helped.

I think Bazza suck at writing heel. This is based on my impression of all the Ganon's recent Kayfabe.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

I considered that, but it looks awful from the side due to the coat doesn't look half-bad, actually! I'm still considering some revisions of that idea (I can't make his neck any shorter, unfortunately).

It's not even that bad from the side if he keeps in motion.

Is there any way to give him like a super puffy shirt on the inside and paint over it?

E: Posted before you edited in the images, that looks surprisingly good. Maybe a scarf or something to fill the gap?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Call me a dork, but I'd love to see Jorji Costava in VGCW. Maybe have some weird plot with him trying to get on the roster when's he's not qualified to do so.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bowser's just an awesome force of nature, popping in and making a fool of the best wrestlemans in the business whenever he feels like it. The hype for when he finally challenges for the title will be unreal.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
LeChuck could have alt costumes for his different forms, too.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I like Bowser because his intro theme is really enjoyable.

BOW WRAR BOW NRAWOOOWWWW

Hazmat Sam
Dec 25, 2010

The dead do not "get high"

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I like Bowser because his intro theme is really enjoyable.

BOW WRAR BOW NRAWOOOWWWW

The theme music is the most important part of being over or not in this show. Where would Barret and Eggman be without HEY and #MASTERPLAN? Conversely, when was the last time we saw Tifa booked?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Absolutely. I don't give a poo poo about Dragon Ball Z, but Ghost Nappa made me fall in love with the character.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I actually mark out instantly if a character's theme starts playing. Icarus, the MGS theme...I judge who should win a match by whoever's music is playing when it ends.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It doesn't even have to be entrance music. I didn't care about Scorpion until LOST SOUL BENT ON REVENGE.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Sindai posted:

It doesn't even have to be entrance music. I didn't care about Scorpion until LOST SOUL BENT ON REVENGE.
Yup. The only thing preventing me from hating Segata is Burning Rangers and that Afterburner song.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hazmat Sam posted:

The theme music is the most important part of being over or not in this show. Where would Barret and Eggman be without HEY and #MASTERPLAN? Conversely, when was the last time we saw Tifa booked?

And there's still no The Kid in VGCW. No justice.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Blasmeister posted:

bazza doesn't like bastion either

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Does Bazza just not like video games or something???

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Blasmeister posted:

Only if Rucks is his manager and narrates for him during plot.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Bazza is a strange man. But it takes a strange man to do this show, so that's okay.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Bazza would just kick The Kid out anyway because he'd get sick of the chat narrating everything The Kid does.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
"The Kid" is the main character of I Wanna Be The Guy and that's all there is to it.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Accordion Man posted:

Bazza would just kick The Kid out anyway because he'd get sick of the chat narrating everything The Kid does.

That would require more effort than chat has been shown to put in.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Raserys posted:

Does Bazza just not like video games or something???

He's British so maybe that explains it

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Accordion Man posted:

Couldn't be worse than Suplex Counter.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

TheEggsBenedict posted:

He said he didn't like Metal Gear Rising and Phoenix Wright. Worst possible taste in games. :colbert:

He's also never played Persona or cool bear em ups.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
We need a heel? Go with annoying sidekicks.

I would forever hate Lance Vance.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
The hate and chat volume Big Smoke would get would be loving nuclear.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Just make a Teemo CAW. Instant nuclear heel heat until the end of time.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Someone should make a CAW that's like Gremio or some other useless guy who forces their way into your party and their whole schtick is they get into tag-team matches with top-flight talent against the better fighter's wishes.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

legoman727 posted:

Just make a Teemo CAW. Instant nuclear heel heat until the end of time.

Do we have any trolls for him to feud with?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
If you want a guaranteed heel, make an Adoring Fan CAW and have him constantly show up and gently caress up dramatic moments involving over characters. People will be screaming for his blood, but there'll always be a perverse glee in seeing "someone else's" favourite wrassler get Adored.

E: then when he somehow beats Bowser in an upset people will turn him into some kind of mythical hate elemental

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Veryslightlymad posted:

Someone should make a CAW that's like Gremio or some other useless guy who forces their way into your party and their whole schtick is they get into tag-team matches with top-flight talent against the better fighter's wishes.

They already made Geno.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Bring back Sephiroth instead of Ralph. Have him act like a complete cheapskate, constantly screwing over beloved characters like Arino. It'll make Dan's heat look like a birthday candle.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I don't recall Gremio being that bad a character.

...Luca Blight. Suikoden DOES need representation, we've been wanting villains and psychopaths. He's a bad loser, and a worse winner. Also legendary in the amount of sheer beating he took to take down at home, despite being a 'normal' human. He hits everything that's been asked for.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 26, 2013

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I really just want Wreck It Ralph back as the Death of Careers. Someone's on the chopping block? You face Ralph, win or he breaks your neck with that awesome finisher he had.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hope everyone's ready for the Rumble tonight!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Bloodly posted:

Suikoden DOES need representation

Does it really?

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I think Tingle could be a good heel if some effort was put into him. Lots of people don't like him already, just by virtue of existing. So here's my (probably bad) idea for a heel push:

Have Tingle start grumbling backstage about how Groose still gets so much attention for being a braggart, when Tingle was constantly helping Link in a thankless role, not to mention Tingle already has a win over Groose. So he finally snaps after hearing Groose bragging yet again and attacks him backstage. Ganon sees this new vicious streak and employs Tingle as a lackey (not a regular tag partner since Ganon still wants to do singles mainly). Ganon proceeds to rematch Octodad, and has Tingle run in at the end to help stomp a mud hole in a poor, ordinary dad. That should get Ganon and Tingle over as heels, and set up a Ganon/Tingle vs Groose/Octodad tag match payoff.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Raserys posted:

Does it really?

Well, why not? It's a well-respected series with decent history. Also opens up using music from the various games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Doesn't matter if a series deserves representation since it's all up to the whims of one Baz McMahon.

• Locked thread