Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Yeah we are already looking for front clips. I am kinda lame and don't want to cut up a straight car.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You would think it wouldn't be hard to find an S13 with a crooked chassis. I bet I could throw a rock at the nearest trailer park and turn up four.

Oddly, a bunch of the local ones on Kijiji have at least one missing front fender. WTF is up with that?

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You would think it wouldn't be hard to find an S13 with a crooked chassis. I bet I could throw a rock at the nearest trailer park and turn up four.

Oddly, a bunch of the local ones on Kijiji have at least one missing front fender. WTF is up with that?

I'm going to guess that like the mid 90's Maximas those fenders rust like fuckin crazy where they meet the bumper.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I keep finding them so mangled up the frame rails are crooked in the engine bay. I want one that's just been totaled in the rear. On the other hand, I think I found a R32 front for a good price. Waiting to hear back from the guy. I am not spending more than $200 for a GTR front with no engine or fenders though, that's for drat sure.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Having never driven one, I can assume from this evidence that they understeer pretty bad when stock and amateur drifters slide along their parents' gated community forecourt before wimping off the throttle, snapping back to grip and then target-fixating directly into a curb or fire hydrant?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ultimateforce posted:

I am trying to get Ulillillia to travel to Europe with me. So far he doesn't want to go.

Why the sudden obsession with our dear Nick?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

He's my best Facebook friend.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm jealous. I have a copy of his book here that I've yet to start reading. You gonna take him to Italy and get him a proper pizza? He won't even have to degrease it!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

ultimateforce posted:

He's my best Facebook friend.

He doesn't taunt you mercilessly to get a better job like AI does?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

He doesn't taunt you mercilessly for your awful decision making skills like AI does?
Typo?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Sssh, yer gonna get us both blocked!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

The Mustang is currently out of gas so it's holding the pavement from floating away.

The 'vert getting some sun.

The engine bay.

A computer drawn mockup of what it could look like.

My hatch came wobbling in today. I now have a S13 'vert, hatch, and coupe. :getin:

Signs of a FMIC.

Manual transmission swap.

The interior smells like an animal moved in.

Oh it has stickers.

The rare blue interior. I've never seen a FULL blue interior before.. And I still haven't! The car has a tan dash that was painted black.

FREE spiders.

So much rust. :smith:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

The rust is :thejoke: right?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Total write-off for a Florida car.

No wonder it was $400.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

ultimateforce posted:

gently caress you :argh:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
That is not even rust!?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ultimateforce posted:

lol what, that's a joke, right?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I got more rust in my eye today doing a brake job.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
That's a rusty as cars get here.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Preoptopus posted:

I got more rust in my eye today doing a brake job.

You do know there are non-oral fittings for those, right?

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

ultimateforce posted:

Shut up.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I like how everyone is completely unable to detect internet sarcasm.

I am jealous of the lack of rust but not enough to deal with southern weather or southerners for it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Ever since I met this dude who scraps cars I've seen how you can make money shipping cars up north. Looking at the cars on this forum really makes me appreciate no salted roads.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

kastein posted:

I am jealous of the lack of rust but not enough to deal with southern weather or southerners for it.

There aren't southerners in Orlando. Central Florida is not part of the south.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
My mistake, I guess Floridians are a class all their own.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I think he means you are confusing swamp people with good ole boys.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

kastein posted:

HEY! <:mad:> I resent that remark!

The weather loving sucks in the summer, no getting around that.

ultimateforce posted:

I think he means you are confusing swamp people with good ole boys.

There's a big difference between flat-land rednecks, swamp people, and mountain folk. My wife met my cousin Larry from NC a couple of years ago, and after speaking with him for like 5 minutes, she said told me that she didn't understand at least 2/3 of what he said. She's a lifetime southerner, just like me, but she is from the plains of south Georgia. Mountain folks might as well speak a different language.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

My mistake, I guess Floridians are a class all their own.

Central FL on down is basically populated by transplants from the north, you don't run into any real "southern" folk until you go into rural areas or north around the Gainsville and into the pan handle near Georgia. I've lived in Tampa bay for 20 years and never met a person that lives here with a southern accent.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

My mom's side of the family are literal moonshine running hillbillies. They speak a very specific form of jibberish I can almost understand.

Also: They are well stocked for when Obama's black panther army comes for them.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Are you gonna rebuild this or what

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

That's funny - that's exactly how I feel about the north, except there isn't even the lack of rust going for it. :D
Admittedly, Texas summers can suck, but I absolutely hate, hate, hate cold. And we seem to attract Yankees for some reason, who just can't wait to turn here into just as much of a shithole as wherever they ran away from...

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Welp, too rusty. Time to scrap it.

A miserable pile of interior.

Not pictured: A tree frog and three cockroaches.

USDM front clip swap!!

More of the interior. I am hoping to sell all this to good homes.

Flipped the rear over to release the subframe.

Stripped front. I am going to rebuild it for display purposes when I get the right parts.

Only the best.

Worth about $10 with today's scrap prices.

And we found out the whole rear was practically all Bondo. The paint was shot directly over the old stuff with no prep at all. Super thick too.

BONUS VIDEO:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202353108090233&set=vb.1268264945&type=2&theater

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Ahaha holy poo poo I had those wheels on my Tercel in high school

e: good god that was over a decade ago

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

This looks like the start of an awesome(ly terrible) stretch limo.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

bandman posted:

There's a big difference between flat-land rednecks, swamp people, and mountain folk. My wife met my cousin Larry from NC a couple of years ago, and after speaking with him for like 5 minutes, she said told me that she didn't understand at least 2/3 of what he said. She's a lifetime southerner, just like me, but she is from the plains of south Georgia. Mountain folks might as well speak a different language.

NC hillbilly? In the coastal plain we used to refer to that as the "furniture dealer" accent.

And speaking of NC and the coastal plain, how bout that hoi toider accent down east? That one's at least a little bit easier to figure out because there's less gibberish.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Kicking around the idea of putting a Modular 4V in my S13 coupe, but the Chevy 5.3 is just so drat cheap. They are even cheaper than 302 Windsors for some bizarre reason.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The 5.3 is a much better engine anyway, IMO. More power even in stock trim, swallows boost like it's candy.

I'd guess the LSx is cheaper simply because they're so plentiful - the 302W hasn't been sold in a USDM vehicle since the... mid to late 90s?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 29, 2013

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Windsors sound so much better though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Explorers had the 302 until 2001, and that's the cheapest and best source. 5.0HOs are too long in the tooth and overpriced.

• Locked thread