Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:stare: Optimus wants my face?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

New Optimus Prime looks like the devil. The goatee also makes Marky Mark look like the whitest man on earth.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

New Optimus Prime looks like the devil. The goatee also makes Marky Mark look like the whitest man on earth.
Maybe the end of this movie introduces the Shattered Glass universe. That may be the only way to salvage this franchise.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I would be interested to hear how shattered glass could salvage anything that doesn't involve being fed into a furnace.

Unless we're talking methodologies of torture.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Is it just me or do all three of the actors displayed have immensely bizarre expressions that don't match up at all? The non-Wahlberg has the look of a man ordering at burger king, at 3am, while deep in the tank.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I would be interested to hear how shattered glass could salvage anything that doesn't involve being fed into a furnace.

Unless we're talking methodologies of torture.
Is it just me or do all three of the actors displayed have immensely bizarre expressions that don't match up at all? The non-Wahlberg has the look of a man ordering at burger king, at 3am, while deep in the tank.

Yeah, their expressions are weird, for sure. Marky Mark looks like he's a little confused and barely alert.

What they really need to do is make is so the movies IS the Shattered Glass universe. Movie Optimus and Bumblebee are actually Nemesis Prime and Grumblebee.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, their expressions are weird, for sure. Marky Mark looks like he's a little confused and barely alert.

What they really need to do is make is so the movies IS the Shattered Glass universe. Movie Optimus and Bumblebee are actually Nemesis Prime and Grumblebee.
Yeah, that is kind of what I was getting at. "Surprise! This has been the evil Optimus from Shattered Glass this entire time!" and then it turns out Terry was right all along. Also note that I don't know anything about Shattered Glass other than I heard the Autobots and Decepticons switched good/evil sides and it is another reason for more redecos that I don't want.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
The mention of Cybertron is interesting...I know it's the least of the series's problems, but it always drives me nuts how in the Bayverse the Transformers themselves make no sense. They come from Cybertron, but Cybertron is dead and gone, but there's always more of them "out there" to end up on Earth for the next big fight. And they get to Earth by zooming around the galaxy as meteors, except when they use spaceships? It's hard enough suspending my disbelief without a contradictory nonsensical backstory.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I like the idea of merging the Bayverse and SG. It merges two things I don't like and makes them both easier to ignore.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Hello BSS Transformers Thread,

Does anyone have KFC's Perceptor? If so, how's the QC? Would you recommend getting a remolded version, like, for example, this guy?

Because I don't see another third-party ROTF Scalpel quasi-homage popping up anytime soon.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Optimist Prime posted:

Hello BSS Transformers Thread,
Does anyone have KFC's Perceptor?

For a really dumb moment I thought I had missed out on a very bizarre kid's meal toy.

Seriously though, I think i've only seen one complaint about the knees being really tight and another person saying the scope on there's comes off too easily.

That seems to be about it for any QC problems.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

So, nothing major. I'll have to preorder that one. Now who's going to make a Cybertronian Ejector? :getin:

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

So, my girlfriend got me a MP Lambor, and it was only as I was transforming it that I noticed it says "Cantach" instead of "Countach". One quick Google search reveals that it's the knock-off.

Now I'm not promoting that people should buy KOs, but credit to the Chinese factory, I could not tell the difference in plastic between the KO and my buddy's real MP Lambor. Even he was amazed.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Rhyno posted:

Do you also have no friends/family/coworkers?

None of my coworkers have Costco memberships and having recently moved here I don't know very many people outside of work.

:Lonely:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

None of my coworkers have Costco memberships and having recently moved here I don't know very many people outside of work.

:Lonely:

If "here" is Seattle by some coincidence I'd be glad to help.

The "tolerances can vary" gods finally smiled on me instead of taking a dump in my mouth. I bought a second Generations Hoist because I accidentally destroyed the first one in a tragic "bad at removing pins" accident. The weapon that came with the first one wouldn't plug into any port anywhere on his body, and just kind of flopped out. This second one is rock solid. Fists, back, whatever, I can pick him up by it!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'll be sending out secret Santa stuff later today. I've just started a new job, and I was doing the Doctor Who thread one last night, and that took me waaaay longer than I expected.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Toys for Tots gets a few big packages this year from me.

One of them about 2 feet tall :)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

GD_American posted:

Toys for Tots gets a few big packages this year from me.

One of them about 2 feet tall :)

d'aaaaaw, that's adorable.

I was wondering, are any of you guys still on board for any of the Predakings out there? I was doing some catching up with them today and I don't know... I think I liked the grey prototypes more than what I saw today. MMC's looks pretty cool combined so far, but the individual robots appear to be a bit fiddly. TFC's appears to be a good mold, I hope they solved the joints issues the previous combiners had (sometimes) but they never seem to get the colors right on their toys.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MMC's Bovis (Tantrum) is an amazing standalone bot. He's huge and looks great in bot, bull, and leg mode. He comes with a ton of badass weapons and just flat out owns.

Not sure what you are seeing that is janky about him? Him and Hexatron are some if the best Transformers I've gotten this year, after Soundwave.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's good to know! I was mostly going by what I saw of MMC's Razorclaw and all the pieces you assemble to make the sword (although that does look pretty fun). Feral Rex just looks solid overall and the colors don't want to murder my eyes. Still not ordering anything 'till I can get 'em all in one shot.

On other news I just got an email about BBTS's black friday sale, there's a couple of interesting offers (takara Metroplex and Encore Maximus) Sadly, shipping fees for enormous packages like that are killer for where I live.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Black Friday Deals ITT:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TOW10001&mode=retail

ToyWorld Aurora for 35 bucks is a steal. I paid twice that (I think) and I love him to death.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14770&mode=retail

Crazy loving Mickey Mouse combiner for $120. I may have trouble not getting this.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/list.aspx?list=14629

Just the whole list.

Third-party Hardhead is once again calling my name at $70. I have resisted in the past. WILL I CONTINUE TO BE STRONG?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Captain Magic posted:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14770&mode=retail

Crazy loving Mickey Mouse combiner for $120. I may have trouble not getting this.

Look up peaugh's review and you'll be dissuaded

It's the kind of thing I'd be interested in otherwise since it's both a novelty and a combiner, but I see no way that the toy will not break. The arms connecters are tight but on thin extending rods that look like they'd snap in a gentle breeze, much less after the stress put on them by just rotating the arms up and down. It's an incredibly shoddy design.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
None of the things you are saying stop Donald Duck from transforming into an arm.

(no I am not going to get it. But I am just happy that it exists, even if it is terrible)

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Magic posted:

Black Friday Deals ITT:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TOW10001&mode=retail

ToyWorld Aurora for 35 bucks is a steal. I paid twice that (I think) and I love him to death.

I've always wanted to own one of those but they were just too expensive. Definitely jumping on that when I get home.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Did they ever confirm that those dudes make an Actual Gestalt or were some people just like Hey, you can put stand this car on end and that kind of looks like a connecter in the back!!!!!

The next guy (red car) looks pretty stunning actually. Might get him at full price.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Rita Repulsa posted:

Did they ever confirm that those dudes make an Actual Gestalt or were some people just like Hey, you can put stand this car on end and that kind of looks like a connecter in the back!!!!!

The next guy (red car) looks pretty stunning actually. Might get him at full price.

I believe Toyworld has said that the combiner parts will be coming with the last Throttlebot. And the next one coming up, Trace, has an arm mode.

Just bought that Aurora. The price is too good to pass up. If he's good I may have to find a Grind Rod for a not horrible price if that's even possible.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

You know, looking at those, I think, couldn't they collapse the thighs into the legs, and have a more substantial elbow extend from inside the chest? I mean, I think I get the idea that it's utilizing the waist articulation for the elbow and such, but it just seems a little odd to me, like it's CLEARLY a robocrotch as the elbow instead of, well, an elbow.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

You know, looking at those, I think, couldn't they collapse the thighs into the legs, and have a more substantial elbow extend from inside the chest? I mean, I think I get the idea that it's utilizing the waist articulation for the elbow and such, but it just seems a little odd to me, like it's CLEARLY a robocrotch as the elbow instead of, well, an elbow.

Robocrotch is the key to gestalt technology

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Right, everyone should have received their email from me about their santee. If you haven't, let me know and I'll sort it out.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
I'm usually fairly easily amused, but I gotta say, I'm not enjoying Dark Cybertron all that much.

I can't really say why because I'm bad at explanations, but there's something about it that's just falling flat for me.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Whoooo secret Santa stuff just arrived, time to go shopping for something neat and amazing. BTW the individual that received my information, I know it said I do in fact love Transformers and Lego but that does not mean I love those crappy Kreo things. :)

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

I can only figure they're trying to keep them at a particular price point, and the engineering that you're suggesting would probably add another 20 dollars to the price.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
pre-order for Scoria aka Masterpiece Slag for $177.50 at CapturedPrey

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Toys R Us mark-ups have actually brought us to a place where third party figures are priced reasonably in-line with their mainline contemporaries.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
age of extinction toy previews

Hound, Swoop, and Bee. Hound is not a jeep at all so it's another name reuse on a completely new character.

and... why does Swoop turn into a Pteranodon with TWO HEADS.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rita Repulsa posted:

age of extinction toy previews

Hound, Swoop, and Bee. Hound is not a jeep at all so it's another name reuse on a completely new character.

and... why does Swoop turn into a Pteranodon with TWO HEADS.

We knew Hound was the big military truck for a while, and that also confirms he's the robot with a big bushy beard. :wtc:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Well Hound was always the Transformer who wanted to be human. Maybe they'll actually use his characterization for once to explain that, which would be pretty ironic - the bay movies being the first to expand on his character notes out of all the properties to include him.

But probably it's just decoration like the other robo-beards and a cheap way to indicate what stereotype he is. Maybe he's an Autobot outdoorsman, like he's a lumberjack and he's okay. Or a screaming Robo Hobo.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

No, I'm afraid Hound is gonna be Robo-Duck Dynasty.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It seems Rodimus might be getting a Springer remould. Woo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

It seems Rodimus might be getting a Springer remould. Woo!

I'm not even sure how this would work.

Also, that non-transforming Scorponok we saw pictures of during TFCON is up for pre-order.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11790&mode=retail

550 dollars. They must be out of their minds.