Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My favorite episode is the episode where Andrew WK is on and the kid calls in asks him if he watches George Shrinks, which is a show aimed at like, 3-5 year olds.

I thought Andrew handled it pretty well. Adam seemed befuddled he got through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
The episode I listened to today ( 2003-10-7 ) was amazing.
Adam guesses a junior college waitress, and then guesses a speed addict, with children, who had a husband who died from heroin etc.

They are completely psychic on this episode. It is crazy.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTmXt4o6Kw

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005

WDIIA posted:

Here's something I found while looking for Uhh Yeah Dude stuff today: This Year, a podcast that collects the best bits of other podcasts/shows had done several collections of Loveline, running from 3rd Quarter of 2000 to 4th Quarter 2001. For example, the newest one, Q3 2000, is 350 minutes long

I can't vouch for these episodes specifically, but the guys over there always make some good stuff and have pretty good taste in what's funny. So, if you guys want some condensed Loveline, there you are.

Thanks for posting this. These make it easy to just put on some loveline without getting a dud show.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
a bit offtopic but there's this Carolla/Kimmel funded movie called Windy City Heat that I heard about via Loveline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ancwTUkXyKk

The Carolla podcast had an advert for them a week ago because they're trying to fund a sequel. If you haven't seen the movie that link there is the whole thing on youtube and it's hilarious (Adam has a cameo in a fake time travel sequel to Air Bud named Air Caligula)

(ps. I've played the Holocaust call to about a dozen people this year, never fails)

edit: there's a private facebook Windy City Heat forum and if you want in just msg me

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 31, 2013

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Windy City Heat is hilarious.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Things are sick and twisted,
From too much sun and Nazis,
Sex, Meth, and Death fetishes,
Both of them have got these,
Guaranteed not to bore ya,
Germany or Florida.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Brekelefuw posted:

Things are sick and twisted,
From too much sun and Nazis,
Sex, Meth, and Death fetishes,
Both of them have got these,
Guaranteed not to bore ya,
Germany or Florida.

GER.MA.NY.OR.FLO.RI.DA

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Brekelefuw posted:

Windy City Heat is hilarious.

On the most recent Adam and Drew they talk about how whether the whole thing was mean spirited. Adam says it was all a joke, then goes on to say he won't have the guy on his podcast because he doesn't like the guy. drat it Adam, make up your mind!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Jan 2001 is a strange dark time. The Program Director has told Adam to stop abusing callers so much and Anderson not to play any drops. :smith:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't think there was ever a time like that that didn't culminate in episde-long rants about the people/actual building of Westwood One.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

~Coxy posted:

Jan 2001 is a strange dark time. The Program Director has told Adam to stop abusing callers so much and Anderson not to play any drops. :smith:

This happens at the beginning of each year with Anderson. Less drops, and then he stops caring and plays drops.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Like MTV's Loveline? Like Dave Foley? If so I have a treat for you. Forgot I had these. More coming soon!

(should be available within the hour)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjqvoZhHzo

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Harminoff posted:

Like MTV's Loveline? Like Dave Foley? If so I have a treat for you. Forgot I had these. More coming soon!

(should be available within the hour)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjqvoZhHzo

The MTV episodes are the Holy Grail of Loveline!

Edit: It's set to private.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 20, 2013

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Jubs posted:

The MTV episodes are the Holy Grail of Loveline!

Edit: It's set to private.

Sorry about that had to verify the account. Audio isn't the greatest so I'll try and fix that if I have some free time this weekend.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Harminoff posted:

Drew is just a baby! :3:

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day

Harminoff posted:

Fantastic. Thank you! I never saw the MTV show so this is a total novelty for me.

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA
So does DAG actually vomit in the studio? I always thought he was just doing the sound, but not actually vomiting. There were like 3 episodes in a row where he "vomited". I can't tell if he is actually puking in any of them. Adam and Drew usually go along with the gags, so it is hard to tell. Does anyone know? And if you do know, what is your source?

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
My source is "common sense."

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA

vote_no posted:

My source is "common sense."

That's a meaningless statement. Thanks for not contributing.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

BV posted:

What's my Dad doing in Israel? That reminds me of the time DAG had vigorous sex in the studio and fell asleep immediately afterward. Does anyone know whether anyone was actually trying to look at him? Did he give her something to smile about?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

BV posted:

So does DAG actually vomit in the studio? I always thought he was just doing the sound, but not actually vomiting. There were like 3 episodes in a row where he "vomited". I can't tell if he is actually puking in any of them. Adam and Drew usually go along with the gags, so it is hard to tell. Does anyone know? And if you do know, what is your source?

Yes he really vomited in the studio. He studied under Fletcher. :rolleyes:

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.

BV posted:

Time to start listening god drat it!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I'd forgotten the ep (5-5-03 around an hour thirty) with Kelly Hu where Adam starts kicking the console because it stops working, jesus christ.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

WEH posted:

Kelly Hu
WHOOOOOOOOO?

(That drop was so loud and annoying)

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
So is there a go-to place for decent-sounding Loveline episodes now? Lovelinetapes is the weirdest poo poo, the episodes that are streaming sound great, however the web-player will stop every 5 minutes or so, and won't let me resume. If I log in for the download option, the mp3 sounds like complete poo poo and is jumpy and sped up, and is definitely not the same file that's streaming. What's the deal?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Giovanni

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Cromulent posted:

So is there a go-to place for decent-sounding Loveline episodes now? Lovelinetapes is the weirdest poo poo, the episodes that are streaming sound great, however the web-player will stop every 5 minutes or so, and won't let me resume. If I log in for the download option, the mp3 sounds like complete poo poo and is jumpy and sped up, and is definitely not the same file that's streaming. What's the deal?

I download at least one episode every day and listen on high quality earbuds and have never had problems with sound quality or speed of play or jumpiness.

I listened to 2003-12-22 (Thrice) today. A kid calls up and asks when he is going on the air. Adam pretends he is a call screener and tells the guy not to tell on air Adam certain things or he will lose his job. Its hilarious, and lasts for like 7-10 minutes.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Brekelefuw posted:

I download at least one episode every day and listen on high quality earbuds and have never had problems with sound quality or speed of play or jumpiness.

I listened to 2003-12-22 (Thrice) today. A kid calls up and asks when he is going on the air. Adam pretends he is a call screener and tells the guy not to tell on air Adam certain things or he will lose his job. Its hilarious, and lasts for like 7-10 minutes.

Bless whoever uploads this poo poo to Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3fnpUz-AfM

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did Adam ever actually get emotional at anything thrown his way by the callers? Because some of the stuff on the stream is loving horrifying.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did Adam ever actually get emotional at anything thrown his way by the callers? Because some of the stuff on the stream is loving horrifying.

He has expressed genuine concern and sympathy for callers before (like the one girl who was kidnapped with her friend and raped by gang members) on rare occasions but I don't think he's ever gotten worked up in any kind of real way.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Ez posted:

He has expressed genuine concern and sympathy for callers before (like the one girl who was kidnapped with her friend and raped by gang members) on rare occasions but I don't think he's ever gotten worked up in any kind of real way.

I just listened to that one the other day! It's also kinda touching and out of character for him later on in that show to yell at another caller who suggests that girl must have been lying.
He does get genuinely sad and sympathetic towards the most horrible abuse calls, but a lot of his concern otherwise is shown through anger (like full-on screaming at a woman who was setting her kids up to be abused by her partner and doing nothing about it).

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's gay

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Scudworth posted:

I just listened to that one the other day! It's also kinda touching and out of character for him later on in that show to yell at another caller who suggests that girl must have been lying.
He does get genuinely sad and sympathetic towards the most horrible abuse calls, but a lot of his concern otherwise is shown through anger (like full-on screaming at a woman who was setting her kids up to be abused by her partner and doing nothing about it).

I'm not sure if it was on Loveline or not, but I can remember Adam talking about how wearing it is having to do a show like that night in/night out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drew, please.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
I can't believe this thread is alive. Is there a good place to get archived mp3s these days? Lovelinecentral appears to be down.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

rogue wave posted:

I can't believe this thread is alive. Is there a good place to get archived mp3s these days? Lovelinecentral appears to be down.

Enjoy.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
Thank you!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Are the newer ones any good? I've been going through the Mike and Drew podcasts and I'm really enjoying them so far but a lot of the Loveline podcasts have titles like 'have you cheated on vacation?' and I don't know if they do themed shows now. The Adam and Drew podcast is too terrible to listen to anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I stopped listening to Adam and Drew too. The new loveline is (well, I haven't heard an episode in about two months) listenable but not that entertaining.

• Locked thread