Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
This world can't handle a game that has both Eikichi and Kanji in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I want then to outsource a Kanji brawler to Platinum. Basically God Hand with Kanji. I don't even care if he uses a Persona at any point.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Len posted:

I want then to outsource a Kanji brawler to Platinum. Basically God Hand with Kanji. I don't even care if he uses a Persona at any point.

God Chair?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chickenfrogman posted:

This world can't handle a game that has both Eikichi and Kanji in it.

I don't think Troy Baker could handle a game where he voices every character.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Just saw the P5 trailer, and having watched Guy Ritchie's Revolver a couple days ago, all I can think of is that the theme is characters breaking free from the control of their own egos, and in doing so escaping the rules of the world. Maybe the "chain" concept is taking control of the persona, instead of being controlled by it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I don't think Troy Baker could handle a game where he voices every character.

I could handle it though.

:swoon:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

So is getting adachi to rank 6 as critical as maxing Marie? I'd rather hang out with party members than that goober.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
It can't be any more awkward than giving Narukami Adachi's VA. Adachi was all I could hear anytime Yu spoke in P4A.

EDIT: ^^^^ It's worth it. You have time to make up other S-Links later. What, you don't like cabbage?

DeathBySpoon fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 26, 2013

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Well, he's at rank 2 and November just started, so I'm not sure if I have time now.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Emron posted:

So is getting adachi to rank 6 as critical as maxing Marie? I'd rather hang out with party members than that goober.

Yes its much more important

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Emron posted:

Well, he's at rank 2 and November just started, so I'm not sure if I have time now.

You're too late, you have to be at Rank 6 by the first of November.

Jester doesn't give you nearly as much stuff as Aeon, but what it does give you is pretty awesome.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 26, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jester is also a great S. Link in general.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Well poo poo. I guess I'll do it next playthrough.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Just make sure to max out Marie's link because you miss out on an entire new dungeon if you don't. I think you have until the next year to do it if I'm not mistaken.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The dungeon sucks, though, so it's okay if you miss it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

Just make sure to max out Marie's link because you miss out on an entire new dungeon if you don't. I think you have until the next year to do it if I'm not mistaken.

You have to max it before you clear the December dungeon.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The dungeon does suck but it's still worth it for the new epilogue.

Emron posted:

Well poo poo. I guess I'll do it next playthrough.
Basically the best way to do Jester is to get him out of the way super early. Finish dungeons quickly (he's a cop, he's not going to be available when someone's missing) and check his day and night haunts every day because he's sort of erratic. If you finish the May dungeon the first day it's available, you can knock Jester out of the way by like the first week of June.

Another thing to note (because it has tripped some people up) is that while Ranks 7-10 are story-based, you can screw up the last few if you don't go out and meet with him when prompted at one point. It should be a fairly obvious decision point, but it's screwed people over just the same.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
In my head Persona Q is some sort of reference to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Q Who knows, though. The title screen is animated in the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZofSwdKQiU

My guess based on the Persona 5 teaser thing is that the chairs represent a person and the chains represent the restrictions put into place by another person. When it's one chair, there was no chain. Once a second chair showed up, the chains started. Also hey, chair and chain are very similar words, I wonder if that will be a thing.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Light Gun Man posted:

In my head Persona Q is some sort of reference to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Q Who knows, though. The title screen is animated in the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZofSwdKQiU

My guess based on the Persona 5 teaser thing is that the chairs represent a person and the chains represent the restrictions put into place by another person. When it's one chair, there was no chain. Once a second chair showed up, the chains started. Also hey, chair and chain are very similar words, I wonder if that will be a thing.

If you get to use Personas to fight rubber Kaiju monsters, I will be A-OK with that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Make the personas BE kaiju. Godzilla is my persona.

edit: VVV Somehow, I forgot about that, oops.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 26, 2013

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Light Gun Man posted:

Who knows, though.

Jeremy Parish, over at USGamer.

quote:

Jeremy: Persona Q? As in Etrian Odyssey? (The Japanese title of EO is "World Tree Labyrinth," Seikaiju No Meikyuu, which they abbreviate to SQ.)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Len posted:

What about a Yakuza-style game starring Kanji? Sega owns Yakuza, right?

Tin Soldier
Apr 13, 2005

People can stop pining for a college setting for Persona 5 Dengeki confirmed that it's set in high school.

Tin Soldier fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 26, 2013

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

What about a Yakuza-style game starring Kanji? Sega owns Yakuza, right?

Instead of a HEAT METER he gets GET BENT

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Tin Soldier posted:

People can stop pining for a college setting for Persona 5 Dengeki confirmed that it's set in high school.

What if what if what if you go through highschool and then graduate and start freshman year in college. :downs:

Seriously though Isn't highschool considered by many in japan to be like the peak of their life in a way? Or is it just portrayed like that by media.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

The REAL Goobusters posted:

What if what if what if you go through highschool and then graduate and start freshman year in college. :downs:

Seriously though Isn't highschool considered by many in japan to be like the peak of their life in a way? Or is it just portrayed like that by media.

It's the last time in their miserable lives that they get to hang out with their friends before buying their way into college and getting a job by their college's name before working a deadend job until they're 50 and retiring with too many bottles of sake.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you guys want a little tidbit of info that is not speculation.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/26/persona-5-will-overcoming-trials-free/

El Belmondo posted:

It's the last time in their miserable lives that they get to hang out with their friends before buying their way into college and getting a job by their college's name before working a deadend job until they're 50 and retiring with too many bottles of sake.

Don't forget the part about once you get married the wife also gets control over all the money you make too. (Seeing as a lot of it is targeted at males.)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

And while we're here, why not some Dancing All Night info too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

True Story is the only song in that song list that even has a localization.

The real question is if it is set after the P4G ending. All the characters revealed so far have been in new costumes, but aside from Yu the other two kinda need to do costume changes for their job.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm probably the only person that cares that Daisuke Asakura is part of this, but I'll be excited enough for everyone. :swoon:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dehry posted:

True Story is the only song in that song list that even has a localization.

Is it? Are songs like Heaven (best part of the soundtrack, imo) and Pursuing My True Self English-vocals in Japan? I legit don't know.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Is it? Are songs like Heaven (best part of the soundtrack, imo) and Pursuing My True Self English-vocals in Japan? I legit don't know.

I think they're in English. They performed the songs in English at all of their concerts at least.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

projecthalaxy posted:

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I think they're in English. They performed the songs in English at all of their concerts at least.

They definitely are. Some of the lyrics however are by a (presumably) native English speaker, Benjamin Franklin. :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Now I'm even more excited for P5 than I was, since I know the main criteria for design are "life-sized characters" and "a message of yelling defiantly". Thanks, Dengeki. Confirmed: Evokers/Arcana cards to be replaced with bullhorns.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm actually curious as to what they mean by "life-sized". Is the cast going to be depicted in the same way that they were in Catherine? Because I thought those guys looked life-sized and I really liked that aesthetic.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Policenaut posted:

I'm actually curious as to what they mean by "life-sized". Is the cast going to be depicted in the same way that they were in Catherine? Because I thought those guys looked life-sized and I really liked that aesthetic.

I just assumed it meant narratively, as in they will be fully-realized people with personalities, hopes and dreams, strengths and failures. Or all we will see on our screens is one person's head and upper torso and have to battle that way.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

It's silly, but my biggest hope for P5 is that you can choose a female protagonist, even if it doesn't change anything besides a few pronouns or whatever. I really liked that aspect of P3P, it's nice to feel represented.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Maybe the character models will look closer to their portraits rather than how they looked in previous games.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe "life-sized" just refers to personality and is meaningless PR platitudes? "Our characters are going to have personality! Like real people!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Each copy of Persona 5 comes with its own life-sized doll.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 26, 2013