Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

DannoMack posted:

YOU ARE THE HOLE. AN rear end in a top hat!

I see what you did there! You must be quite the shining wit of the Banff social scene.

FairGame posted:

Is the Coburns iteration a non-starter for you?

More or less, since I'd feel compelled to take another starter with the pick. With the Imperialists, I might be able to upgrade a position outright, at the cost of depth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The Merry Marauder posted:

More or less, since I'd feel compelled to take another starter with the pick. With the Imperialists, I might be able to upgrade a position outright, at the cost of depth.

Fair enough. Since I can't get you in IRC:

being an expansion team, and being covetous of my 3rd round pick, I really can't give up that much. I do have some spare parts that in the event of the Burgess/Fisk/Messersmith trade, I could send your way.

This includes:

Noted rear end in a top hat Jeff Heath
1994 Paul Molitor
1992 Jose Canseco (note that I cannot give up both Molitor and Canseco since 1 of the two is going to DH vs. lefties)
1992 Terry Steinbach...who probably could be a competent backup if you're worried about depth
A whole collection of deadballers and lottery ticket starters, such as:
1992 Bob Welch, 1992 Dave Stewart, 1994 Juan Guzman, 1994 Pat Hentgen, 1994 Al Leiter, 1917 Phil Douglas

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

FairGame posted:

Fair enough. Since I can't get you in IRC:

being an expansion team, and being covetous of my 3rd round pick, I really can't give up that much. I do have some spare parts that in the event of the Burgess/Fisk/Messersmith trade, I could send your way.

Yeah, sorry, busy day. I could use Leiter, so he and the pick for the Messy, Smoky Fisk? (I think that's a Scandinavian dish.)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yeah, sorry, busy day. I could use Leiter, so he and the pick for the Messy, Smoky Fisk? (I think that's a Scandinavian dish.)

Works for me.

So:

Imperialists Send:
1957 Smokey Burgess
1984 Carlton Fisk
1970 Andy Messersmith

Pharmas Send:
Dispersal Draft Pick #30
1994 Al Leiter

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
Yup.

Post trade, the Imperialists waste no time in selecting Frank Robinson

who was not pleased to hear about the waste management traditions of the native Burmese.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
This brings up Zodiac5000 and the Souf Dacorta Mammoswines.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Marauder, I'm interested in a SS off of one of your many rosters and hundreds of players. Specifically Pop Lloyd, Roger Connor, or Barry Larkin.

http://www.linkyy.com/Tigers <-- the second sheet contains the Protector's roster, and I'm also willing to include 2nd round super-draft pick and/or my 4th round dispersal draft pick depending on who you deem expendable. I'm pretty sure we can work a deal.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

cbx posted:

Marauder, I'm interested in a SS off of one of your many rosters and hundreds of players. Specifically Pop Lloyd, Roger Connor, or Barry Larkin.

http://www.linkyy.com/Tigers <-- the second sheet contains the Protector's roster, and I'm also willing to include 2nd round super-draft pick and/or my 4th round dispersal draft pick depending on who you deem expendable. I'm pretty sure we can work a deal.

Roger Connor is a great big first baseman who has the pre-Babe Ruth HR record, but he ain't a shortstop.

I need Pop Lloyd and his profligate and ill-timed errors, both to be my utility man and because I went to some lengths and suffered angst to get him. Larkin is available, however, and I will look at your team when I can.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
The South Dakota Marmosets select 2002 Chipper Jones! Maybe this was reaching, maybe chipper would last until my original pick, but I wouldn't bet on that, and I can have Killebrew play left now, where his girth will be less of a defensive handicap. Boosh!

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Roger Connor is a great big first baseman who has the pre-Babe Ruth HR record, but he ain't a shortstop.

I need Pop Lloyd and his profligate and ill-timed errors, both to be my utility man and because I went to some lengths and suffered angst to get him. Larkin is available, however, and I will look at your team when I can.

Ah. I see my error. The Mogul pics listed him as IF, 'cause he played 1B/3B.

I'd also be interested in Yount, Boudreau, y'know, any SS you feel you could fleece me for. I really dread starting Eric McNair this upcoming season.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Trade cbx nothing. He is weak, and lacks even the most basic of baseball offerings.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Zodiac5000 posted:

Trade cbx nothing. He is weak, and lacks even the most basic of baseball offerings.

Plus, trades might distract him from the franchise challenge which is clearly his most important duty at the moment.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

And Zodiac5000 makes the list... expect punishment in the next update.

Now, for the team previews! Yes, I know that some teams have played a game already. If there's a problem with the lineup and you feel that having/not having a player affected your team, let me know and I'll laugh at you.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Also, there was a user input error where I left interleague on and had the wrong sliders implemented. It was fixed, and I re-ran the sim for that first game. The displayed win-loss records are the correct win-loss records, the schedule is the part that seems to be incorrect. So, yeah. Known issue, already corrected. Sorry about that.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
#fuckdefense #obp4lyfe
1. john olerud, 1b
2. edgar martinez 3b
3. edgar martinez, dh
4. edgar martinez lf,
5. alex rodriguez ss,
6. ken griffey rf,
7. 88/96 carlos guillen 2b,
8. lance parrish C
9. ichiro suzuki cf

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

cbx posted:

Also, there was a user input error where I left interleague on and had the wrong sliders implemented. It was fixed, and I re-ran the sim for that first game. The displayed win-loss records are the correct win-loss records, the schedule is the part that seems to be incorrect. So, yeah. Known issue, already corrected. Sorry about that.

I gather trying to do all of this is a shitload of work. So I guess the correct thing would be "thanks for doing all of this; it should be fun to watch."

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

It's honestly me being sloppy and forgetting to double-check my work. It's embarrassing. Oh well.

I'm considering doing 2 weeks at a time to try and stretch things out but not take as long as the SL proper. If Smasher needs this break, I'm gonna try and give as much of one as I can. This Super League has been a great distraction during the worst of times for me and others, so I'm hoping to pay it back a little.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
The Brooklyn Bombers take 1998 Kevin Brown

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Indians Franchise Corrections!

Smokey Joe Wood should obviously be a pitcher, and I appear to be missing 1999 Sandy Alomar (alomasa02).

I dunno if he's there and just buried under the other minor guys, if he is, bump him up to the Bench, and he'll catch for Bob Lemon.

And here's our roster sheet, for posterity's sake.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Were my Pirates so bad that they didn't deserve to be in the league at all? :(

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

The Krakow Dragons gamble on a very young Bert Blyleven '73 and hope for the best.

cbx is up next!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Some of these guys got really bad rolls.

Can you please demote Randy Ready and Oscar Gamble?

Promote Mark Loretta and Gary Sheffield.

Insert Fred McGriff to DH and bench ancient Tony Gwynn.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

blakelmenakle posted:

Were my Pirates so bad that they didn't deserve to be in the league at all? :(

If I never got a link to your roster and if I missed it while scraping through the thread for the teams, then they aren't going to be in the challenge. The only way I was able to keep things organized while I was sick was to use a spreadsheet with team links on it and I asked for links to either a spreadsheet or a forums post with the info so I could go back and easily facilitate getting the rosters together. Sorry. :(

Robert_Deadford posted:

The Krakow Dragons gamble on a very young Bert Blyleven '73 and hope for the best.

cbx is up next!

drat you! That was my pick!

tadashi posted:

Some of these guys got really bad rolls.

Can you please demote Randy Ready and Oscar Gamble?

Promote Mark Loretta and Gary Sheffield.

Insert Fred McGriff to DH and bench ancient Tony Gwynn.

Will do.

DRAFT PICK

The Protectors choose '66 Jim Bunning to return to Neo-Detroit and receive reconditioning in preparation for duty. May you last longer than "Peter Weller". The_Goog, you are up.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Eh, I was trying to get too cute, but it looks like the rolls were about what I expected

Please move the Bench Matthews to 1B, leave him at the same place in the batting order, and Send down Dusty Baker for Dale Murphy.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Let's have Stieb in for that unfortunate Wells roll. Also stick Henderson at CF and Canseco can play LF, but keep them at their respective lineups positions (Rickey first, Canseco sixth).

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Not really happy with some of these rolls, but I'm not going to worry about it until we've played some games first.

Make the following roster changes:
  • Send Jim Scott to the minors.
  • Bring up Joe Jackson, Minnie Minoso, and George Davis from the minors
  • Send Ray Durham and Jack Fournier to the minors.
  • Send down Melton and replace him with Ron Santo in the vs LHP part of my 3B platoon.
  • Make Sherm Lollar the personal catcher for Red Faber

Smasher: I've had absolutely no time to try and figure out a roster for next season. Is it acceptable if I bring back the Losers Mk I plus Charleston/Paige/Seaver as my SLXII team?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cano is bad. Much badder than I ever imagined.

Make Lazzeri the full time 2nd basemen. At least he can play defense.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

ToiletofSadness posted:

Smasher: I've had absolutely no time to try and figure out a roster for next season. Is it acceptable if I bring back the Losers Mk I plus Charleston/Paige/Seaver as my SLXII team?

I can't remember if that team was any good, but if that is your wish, then I'll allow it. Just post a revised roster at some point so I can make sure that the roster file I have is what it should be.

They'll need a new name and logo, of course.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

cbx posted:

drat you! That was my pick!

Yeah, sorry about that! If Bruiser hadn't taken Brown, I would have. It was between Bunning and Blyleven after that, and I think (as do you) that Blyleven was the better pick.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

ToiletofSadness posted:

Really, you don't need to have a team set until we get to the last pick of the draft, which will probably be... another week, at least?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

I see what you did there! You must be quite the shining wit of the Banff social scene.

More like the BAMF social scene!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Robert_Deadford posted:

Yeah, sorry about that! If Bruiser hadn't taken Brown, I would have. It was between Bunning and Blyleven after that, and I think (as do you) that Blyleven was the better pick.

There are plenty of people I'd have rather taken, but...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Promote Webb and Scherzer to take the place of the now demoted Cook and Jennings.

Make Montero the starting C please over Iannetta
L Walker from Bench to LF, Holliday to CF, E Young/CarGo to Bench and S Drew at 2B :v:

New Lineup vs both RHP and LHP

2B Drew
DH Gonzalez
CF Holliday
DH Walker
LF Walker
1B Helton
SS Tulo
C Montero
3B Castilla

Iannetta personal C for Max Scherzer please.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Really minor thing, but basically switch the roster to 11 pitchers and 14 batters. It looks like it's organized so that it'll promote/demote who I want by itself.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

BrooklynBruiser posted:

There are plenty of people I'd have rather taken, but...

Hey, you're lucky that I didn't limit you to just taking "True Yankees" in the draft.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Hey, you're lucky that I didn't limit you to just taking "True Yankees" in the draft.

But how will he field a team composed entirely of Derek Jeters and Andy Pettites

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Baltimore Orioles

uh... put the injured Hoiles in the minors and call up the not injured one.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The Greatest* Googly-Mooglies (*not really) select 1973 Steve Carlton.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
The Kernels select '65 Gaylord Perry and send drafting back to the Googly-Mooglies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

All roster/lineup updates have been done to this point. Please get any changes you might want done for the first 2 weeks of the Franchise Challenge posted before 11/27 at 10 AM EST. There'll be a special THANKSGIVING PREMIERE update, so you won't want to miss it!*

*you probably will want to miss it

Also, if your team is looking to get a competitive advantage, I happen to know this guy that'll hook you up... for the right price...**

**bribery is unethical and immoral and you are a big stupid poopyhead if you attempt to bribe me