Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I guess Pawnee now includes Eagle Creek Reservoir in Indianapolis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

You spelled Eagleton wrong there, champ.
:colbert:

Grooveh
Apr 14, 2007
Why yes, I do enjoy banana bread muffins.
Some GIFs I made from S06E09:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Human Giant, Childrens Hospital, and Party Down are great shows for Parks and Rec cast appearances. Including (CH) Adam Scott dressed as a Klingon.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I have to say that Fluoride and Filibuster are probably in my Top 10 Parks & Rec episodes. I was nervous going into this season with the cast changes, but it's really turned out. Also, I loving love Crazy Craig. Can we get GIFs of him?

"I have to go lie down. FOR 45 MINUTES. NO AN HOUR. I HAVE TO GO LIE DOWN FOR A FULL HOUR"

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I love that Chris doesn't even bat an eyelash at the BFF slideshow because he and Leslie operate on the same high-intensity emotional spectrum. I'm gonna miss him so much. I love him almost as much as he loves Ann Perkins.

(ANN PERKINS? I LOVE ANN PERKINS!)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Human Giant, Childrens Hospital, and Party Down are great shows for Parks and Rec cast appearances. Including (CH) Adam Scott dressed as a Klingon.

Are we havin' fun yet!? :haw:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Party Down was a really good show, it didn't last long but it didn't get bad yet either so that's something. :unsmith:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if they gave Party Down a third season and Adam Scott stuck with it. I just really loved that show and think it didn't reach it's full potential.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Swillkitsch posted:

(ANN PERKINS? I LOVE ANN PERKINS!)

I'm gonna miss this running joke. Every time Ann is mentioned he goes "Ann Perkins?! :)" just like when he was first introduced to the show. He's such a good character.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah, no Chris and Ann is going to be really sad. Also did I hear Donna is leaving too?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Yeah, no Chris and Ann is going to be really sad. Also did I hear Donna is leaving too?

On the contrary, Donna is being set up to get more spotlight time and fill the void Chris and Ann are leaving.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

On the contrary, Donna is being set up to get more spotlight time and fill the void Chris and Ann are leaving.

Donna and Ron is the best combo.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Kanish posted:

I'd like more Donna and April, please.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kanish posted:

We could call them...Ronna.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The entire cast will most likely be leaving after this season.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh, goodie.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Poque posted:

I would to annouce that the name Ronna is officially over. To the end of Ronna.

Swaneagle it is.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

I know you're probably right, but that's just depressing to think about. :(

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Poque posted:

All I can think about is when Jenna dates James Franco in 30 Rock. "All the tabloids are calling us James, the combination of Jenna and James!"

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The best thing about this season is that Donna is getting more airtime. Retta is hilarious, and is such a crucial part of the cast, it's nice that she's finally getting some actual heavy lifting to do.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

bobkatt013 posted:

Are the ratings that bad?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Only a million people watched last week. The lowest PnR ever had. That's worse than Syfy channel.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

As a European fan of this show, I am literally disappointed in the American television watching crowd.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mu Zeta posted:

Only a million people watched last week. The lowest PnR ever had. That's worse than Syfy channel.

I'm sure they track it, but does NBC release the numbers of people who watch the episodes on their website? Because that's how I watch it. I can't believe this show's so unpopular.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
We usually watch the week's episode Friday because we don't pay for cable when Netflix/iTunes/Hulu Plus does the job for a fraction of the cost.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Parks and Rec is on network television though?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I would imagine with two cast members leaving and and a third doing more movies coupled with the poo poo ratings this is definitely going to be the last season. So I wouldn't really worry about the ratings that much if I were you guys.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

Yeah, but NBC.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

TheBizzness posted:

I'm betting there aren't a lot of people with antennas anymore. I bought one recently and it's cool for watching football for free but otherwise I keep it in the closet.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
This is what happens when a company tries to make it 1997 again through science and magic.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

NienNunb posted:

Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if they gave Party Down a third season and Adam Scott stuck with it. I just really loved that show and think it didn't reach it's full potential.

I like to see it as a British Comedy. It's close-ended enough where if we never get a movie I'll be happy. It's easy to recommend when you can say, "it's only two seasons, similar to the Office."

Deadpool posted:

I would imagine with two cast members leaving and and a third doing more movies coupled with the poo poo ratings this is definitely going to be the last season. So I wouldn't really worry about the ratings that much if I were you guys.

I can almost see NBC bringing it back for a "final 13" episodes similar to 30 Rock last season. It's as unlikely as it was to bring Dan Harmon and Community back for another season so anything is possible. I remember when the show first premiered I just thought it was very.. "eh"- but I could see the potential. 6 seasons of a show that has almost no award recognition or even a cult fanbase is pretty good.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Indeed. I'm pretty sure NBC still hasn't come up with anything that's doing better than P&R, so it has a decent chance of sticking around. On any other network it would have been pulled already.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
One of these years they will just admit defeat and air cheaper to produce garbage or infomercials or something in its place.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The thing is the entire Thursday Night comedy block is in the shitter, so there have been rumors of completely getting rid of it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
They'll replace it with the Jeff Zucker Meal Hour where you just watch Zucker sadly eat cereal alone at a table. Commercial-free, sponsored by Kellogg's.

He cries during sweeps.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Poque posted:

They'll replace it with the Jeff Zucker Meal Hour where you just watch Zucker sadly eat cereal alone at a table. Commercial-free, sponsored by Kellogg's.

He cries during sweeps.

I'd watch.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Poque posted:

He hasn't been the same since Natalie Portman rolled up and smacked the poo poo out of him.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

bobkatt013 posted:

The thing is the entire Thursday Night comedy block is in the shitter, so there have been rumors of completely getting rid of it.

Considering I doubt they'll reach the heights they did, quality-wise, when they had the two hour block of Community, 30 Rock, The Office, and P&R, I guess the most logical solution is to just blow it up and start over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Considering I doubt they'll reach the heights they did, quality-wise, when they had the two hour block of Community, 30 Rock, The Office, and P&R, I guess the most logical solution is to just blow it up and start over.

Quality doesn't mean poo poo. Out of those four, wasn't The Office the only one to get good ratings? I remember them constantly moving 30 Rock around to every slot on Thursday night (except 9:00!) hoping to get better ratings. Remember when they aired 30 Rock at 10:00?

• Locked thread