Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
Fusco about to gently caress some poo poo up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like Simmons is about to get Fuscowned.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hope Fusco's actually the one to do it because he's gonna be ice cold.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Revenge, Fusco style. Simmons is royally hosed now.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Not spoiling, but god drat that ending!

:suspense:

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
FuscOWNS

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Oh goddamn!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Fusco the realest motherfucker on the block.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Fusco went HAM!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I hope Fusco's actually the one to do it because he's gonna be ice cold.

Never mind this was so much better.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man Fusco. I was tearing up there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Fusco the realest motherfucker on the block.

gently caress yes he is. He beat up Simmons with a goddamn broken hand.

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
My god this show owns so hard...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Elias :getin:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

gently caress yeah, Elias!

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

As soon as I saw the cop walk away, I said "oh no" but I was thinking "oh yes."

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Goddamn Elias. God. drat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LorneReams posted:

It's going to be Elias, I'm almost 100% sure. "Joss sends her regards".

:sbahj:

You were right on the money.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Welp. That was pretty much the best of all possible episodes.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sarern posted:

Yes.

Edit: saving these for 23 minutes from now

Hey, so Enrico Colantoni wasn't in the credits. Thanks for ruining that, rear end in a top hat.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
drat that was a great episode with so many badass scenes. I loved the framing device with each character talking to a shrink in the past.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
So, so well done. Hands down the best episode of anything on TV I've seen in years.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Hell, even the cold open is the best I've seen since Breaking Bad.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fusco's flashback I think was done the best. Combined with his actions this episode it perfectly exemplified the effect Carter and Finch/Reese have had on him. He's transformed into a completely different and better person.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Fusco's flashback I think was done the best. Combined with his actions this episode it perfectly exemplified the effect Carter and Finch/Reese have had on him. He's transformed into a completely different and better person.

I liked that better than the episode last season where they made it look more like he kind of fell rear end backwards into being a corrupt cop.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
This show. drat.

Also, show, look here. If I were looking for kleenexy thingies to watch, I'd turn to some lost dog story on a Disney movie. You've done that two weeks in a row now. Quit it.

What I mean is that Kevin Chapman is a loving awesome actor. Let's hope he's back for good, was way too ignored since the end of S2 until last week.

Now, oh boy I can't wait for the Machine story to pick up with the brand new Finch-Root awkward partnering. Brainy equivalent of :black101:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

muscles like this? posted:

I liked that better than the episode last season where they made it look more like he kind of fell rear end backwards into being a corrupt cop.

The thing with that is that Fusco didn't become dirty because he wanted the money or power - he became dirty because he thought he was doing the right thing. By the time he realised (if he ever even truly realised) what he had become it was too late, at least until Reese and Carter showed up to set him on the righteous path of beatdowns.

That scene today makes so much sense in that context and I'm glad he wasn't the one to kill Simmons.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Pilli posted:

This show. drat.

Also, show, look here. If I were looking for kleenexy thingies to watch, I'd turn to some lost dog story on a Disney movie. You've done that two weeks in a row now. Quit it.

What I mean is that Kevin Chapman is a loving awesome actor. Let's hope he's back for good, was way too ignored since the end of S2 until last week.

Now, oh boy I can't wait for the Machine story to pick up with the brand new Finch-Root awkward partnering. Brainy equivalent of :black101:

Reece is now the odd man out. Fusco will be hanging with Shaw, Finch with Root. It looks like he is on Bear or Leon duty.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It seemed to me that when Finch closed Root's cell door at the end of the episode, he didn't actually lock it. Was that right?

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

DivisionPost posted:

Hey, so Enrico Colantoni wasn't in the credits. Thanks for ruining that, rear end in a top hat.

I quoted every prediction I could find, and I only found two. Sorry that one of them was right?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

It seemed to me that when Finch closed Root's cell door at the end of the episode, he didn't actually lock it. Was that right?

Yup. I'm so loving excited for this show to come back on December 17th.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sarern posted:

I quoted every prediction I could find, and I only found two. Sorry that one of them was right?

Dude, I read that as soon as it was clear that it wasn't going to be Reese. You know people have seen this early, and if you're one of those people, you know there's gonna be a good ten minutes before the Elias reveal. Either way, why would you even risk kicking out the legs of that Simmons / Fusco brawl?

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

DivisionPost posted:

Dude, I read that as soon as it was clear that it wasn't going to be Reese. You know people have seen this early, and if you're one of those people, you know there's gonna be a good ten minutes before the Elias reveal. Either way, why would you even risk kicking out the legs of that Simmons / Fusco brawl?

I quoted goon posts that were made even before early airings, and didn't know that one of them was going to be right. I'm sorry that I upset you.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Sarern posted:

After I posted the Reese thing, someone came and rightly said that Fusco had every reason to go after Simmons; stakes were up. But Fusco, he paid homage to Carter and didn't send the guy out to his corrupt god, nope. This is some pro writing right here.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Shaw isn't really a sociopath she just gets hungry at awkward moments.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I wanna hang out with Fusco.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

That was some of the best TV...just...ever.
gently caress I love this show.
Johnny Cash owns that song, sorry NIN fans. And it was probably about the best song they could have used. It puts chills down my spine.
Reese was a loving machine. Reveals about all of their pasts were amazing.
And Fusco. My mother-loving god-drat-amazing-TV Fusco. That scene just loving owned, Fusco owns, this goddamn loving SHOW owns.
I am way to stoked/excited/awake now.

Also, Elias is simply amazing. I really need to go back and watch season one again. And two. Hell, all of it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Siochain posted:

Johnny Cash owns that song, sorry NIN fans. And it was probably about the best song they could have used. It puts chills down my spine.

Trent Reznor has even said that its now Cash's song.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

bobkatt013 posted:

Trent Reznor has even said that its now Cash's song.

The legend goes -- and I'm going to tell it because I feel compelled to -- that Cash asked Reznor if he could cover the song, and of course he said "yes" but was naturally worried that it would come across as "gimmicky." Well, Reznor's buddies with Mark Romanek, the guy who wound up directing the music video. An early cut comes in from Romanek while Reznor's in the studio with Zach De La Rocha (lead singer of Rage Against the Machine).

Reznor broke down crying during his first viewing. De La Rocha straight up left the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

I really liked that Reese was absolutely going to kill the head of HR, only it seemed he was out of bullets or was the gun just so bloody it gummed it up?

• Locked thread