Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Shouldn't it be Yoshika, rather than Reimu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

SirSlarty posted:

That's a parody of this:

I'm disappointed there's no engineer on that. The engineer thinks the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

That gif's been around for a while, I think it existed before TD even came out.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
TD still feels new to me, not even played the new one yet :L

E: and I don't do fighting games.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Aliginge posted:

E: and I don't do fighting games.

This coming from the guy with Sol Badguy for an avatar?

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
Yup, used to love Guilty gear back in the day, then I actually started playing fighting games with people that played fighting games and I was all nope, can't be arsed any more :v:

had this av nearly ten years, no way im changing now

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Everyone should play Double Dealing Character, it's a pretty excellent Touhou game if you can get used to the stage 5 boss gimmick.

Kaleid Stardust
Oct 27, 2013

by toby
Seija isn't even that bad! Midboss Kagerou is still the most elusive Lunatic capture for me. God, it's really a curtain of bullets...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DrSunshine posted:

"Zombie Reimu" is kind of a longstanding memetic joke based on how bad her art in Mountain of Faith was, and how she looked rather pale (and vaguely yellow) there. Basically, it's more likely if it's from UFO era instead of TD era.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
DCC is fun. I don't mind Seija's gimmick. I don't mind Kagerou's curtain fire. I do however have a tough time dealing with the Tsukumos.

Notes in your face! Panic and BOMB BOMB BOMB. Every time.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

SirSlarty posted:

DCC is fun. I don't mind Seija's gimmick. I don't mind Kagerou's curtain fire. I do however have a tough time dealing with the Tsukumos.

Notes in your face! Panic and BOMB BOMB BOMB. Every time.

Yeah, I don't have too much trouble with Seija's gimmick but the Tsukumos and Shinmyoumaru just destroy me.

Also I didn't know that meme existed so I figured it was a pun on the past-tense of fill. :v:

e: Didn't want to double post but holy hell the difference between easy Shou and normal Shou is ridiculous. :stare:

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 27, 2013

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

e: Didn't want to double post but holy hell the difference between easy Shou and normal Shou is ridiculous. :stare:

Yeah, totally agree with that. Utsuho Reiuji's first two spellcards are also way, way tougher on Normal than they are on Easy; if you're used to struggling through the Normal version of her first spellcard "Atomic Fire 'Nuclear Fusion'" then the Easy version is very doable.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

The easy version of any boss is doable. :colbert:

Kaleid Stardust
Oct 27, 2013

by toby

Kheldragar posted:

The easy version of any boss is doable. :colbert:

Yeah, Easy->Normal always seemed like the biggest gap to me.
Comparatively, PCB stages 4-6 are practically the same Normal-Lunatic. The first time I fought the Prismrivers on Loony, I went in as a Marisa with 0 lives. I captured every card (and then died 30 seconds into St.5).

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Is it bad that my first thought upon seeing this is that Rinnosuke wonders who drank half of his pint and that Remilia recognizes that this is a phase all glasses go through?

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Kaleid Stardust posted:

Yeah, Easy->Normal always seemed like the biggest gap to me.
Comparatively, PCB stages 4-6 are practically the same Normal-Lunatic. The first time I fought the Prismrivers on Loony, I went in as a Marisa with 0 lives. I captured every card (and then died 30 seconds into St.5).

Yeah, the Youmu stage in PCB is always the worst for me. Everything goes just find until I get to her.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Of late, I've been in contact with a Japanese fellow on Pixiv who wants to translate my "Gensokyo USA" comics into Japanese! It's a case of Eng->Jap Scanlation! Anyway, he just recently completed the first batch and posted it: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=40063296

Pretty neat!

It's so interesting! I have no idea how well this translates into Japanese since the cultural references are so specific. I do hope that he provides some footnotes or something. Any Japanese-literate Goons want to comment on the quality?

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 2, 2013

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
He went Kansai with Sanae's accent. :v:

Seems he didn't quite get a lot of the song references and Sanae doesn't seem particularly Jewish at all, which isn't that big of a deal since they really don't know about Jewish people anyway. And I think he misunderstood "botherin'" as some form of apologizing. The Yukari/Remilia exchange was pretty good but the Sakuya/Ran bit was a little off the mark about the finer details, like the translation said Remilia's anger was driving Sakuya crazy.

Decent effort all around though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

leather fedora posted:

He went Kansai with Sanae's accent. :v:

Well, Sanae's supposed to have a touch of New York Yiddish, so that all works out!

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I'm sorry, but I just break down when I see someone using や in place of だ. Those southern accents are weird.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Drunk touhou Kams videos touhowns.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Things are a little slow here, so have some Touhou/Pokemon crossovers from カンヌ.

Edit: And here, have this remix of Vanishing Dream from Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream for listening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBFpqGXRG14

It's not just crossover stuff there, there's some pretty nifty stuff aside from it, though I have this feeling that they like SRW, Tenshi in particular. :v:

It's all work safe.

Onean fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 9, 2013

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Speaking of crossovers, who was the artist for the Touhouvania game? Does he/she have a pixiv account?

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
This guy, I think?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Going by his picture descriptions, it's him.

Cute psuedonym, too. Read "Banpai Akira" all together and it sounds like "Vampire Killer".

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Not really a new 4koma, but I'm sharing it anyway:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1515492?tags=setz

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

Not really a new 4koma, but I'm sharing it anyway:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1515492?tags=setz

What artist is that from? I recognise the art style from another comic about Koishi drawing a picture for Satori during Christmas, and that one was in Finnish as well.

VVVV : I don't actually read links past the hostname. :doh: :v:

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 19, 2013

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Kheldragar posted:

What artist is that from? I recognise the art style from another comic about Koishi drawing a picture for Satori during Christmas, and that one was in Finnish as well.

They're all from Setz. He has stuff on Pixiv (though the comics have no translation here). Not sure where else his stuff is.

Also the Artist tag is right there.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Does anyone know if the gensokyo.org guys are planning to have sections for DDC and maybe HM replays, or have they become a full-time slash depository by now?

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
That's a drat good question.
People have been uploading DDC replays using the TD/10D field and it's annoying when I'm looking for TD specific replays.

Are there other replay file sites? Besides YouTube. I can't load videos ever.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Does anyone know if the gensokyo.org guys are planning to have sections for DDC and maybe HM replays, or have they become a full-time slash depository by now?

Doubtful, sadly. I've inquired about it a few times, but it seems the uploader guy's lost interest. Try http://threplays.appspot.com/replays instead, for DDC.

HM you're on your own for - it's still getting regular and extensive patches, so even if someone wanted to make a dedicated uploader it'd be a waste of time until Tasofro decides the game is actually complete.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Merry Christmas, Touhou thread!

And have some more cheer (there's more UN Owen, but like that's a problem, eh?):
The Ghost of Christmas Past by REI Aer. My personal favourite of the lot- so soothing!
花音 -十六夜咲夜のカノン- by Thousand Leaves. A close second, this is Sakuya's theme lightly dusted in Pachlebel's Canon in D and given a Christmas twist- who could resist? I certainly couldn't!
Hakurei Happy Christmas by Mikan Box. Good God, that tuba is magnificent :haw:
Flandre's Christmas Night by Xe. Flandre's theme really lends itself to more cheerful arranges, doesn't it?
Holy Night's Dong by Azure and Sands. Also loldongs. I'm mentally 12.
Fall of Fall Autumnal Waterfall by 戦ピー. A little generic (I keep thinking of it as a mall theme), but easy listening nonetheless. Play it in the background at a family dinner or something, and embarrass them when you tell them it's from a video game! Festive!

And finally, a nice arrange of Cirno's theme by FactoryNoise and AG. I admit it's not very Christmassy, but Cirno's awesome, so there :colbert:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Dec 25, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
My God. Thanks! Too bad there's no real easy way of finding music posted in this thread other than looking at all the posts of users you vaguely remember posting music...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

BlitzBlast posted:

When the hell was another full episode of Memories of Phantasm announced? :psyduck:

So the second part of this came out. It's actually a remarkable improvement over the first part, and for that matter the first Memories of Phantasm. Animation's great, music's great, and tons of nifty stuff going on in the background. Fight scenes are pretty rad too; this time only one fight was resolved off camera!

Though really, the Yakumo scenes did not have to exist.

EDIT: Also you have no idea how sad I am that Sanbondo isn't attending this year's Comiket.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BlitzBlast posted:

So the second part of this came out. It's actually a remarkable improvement over the first part, and for that matter the first Memories of Phantasm.

Got a link? I can't seem to find it on YouTube, and I can't write Japanese to save my life, so no searching on Nico for me :(

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

CommissarMega posted:

Got a link? I can't seem to find it on YouTube, and I can't write Japanese to save my life, so no searching on Nico for me :(

Doesn't seem to be up on Nico yet.

Here's link to a chinese site with it.

http://bilibili.kankanews.com/video/av891895/

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
You can find it easily with an english title if you just filter by date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EU7KOAWbu8

I enjoy the incredibly DBZ styled prologue music way too much in this.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Though really, the Yakumo scenes did not have to exist.

Didn't one of their shorts have a long panning shot of like every Touhou naked? Let's not pretend these guys don't draw one-handed.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

a cartoon duck posted:

Didn't one of their shorts have a long panning shot of like every Touhou naked? Let's not pretend these guys don't draw one-handed.

That was part of the intro, wasn't it? I don't know- at least that one was just a few seconds long. Here, we linger over the Yakumos for quite a while. I guess I should be thankful that most of the fanservice was of Ran and Yukari, at least? Bah, too late to change anything now. Honestly, while the whole thing did have its :stare: moments, I have to admit I enjoyed it a lot. Though that being said, I did have one massive problem, bigger even than the fanservice (spoiling to be safe): They cut off right before Remilia and Flandre could throw down! Swear to God, if my balls were any bluer they'd have their own aquatic ecosystem :argh: I mean, don't get me wrong, the Sakuya fight was cool, but poo poo Remilia vs. Flandre! Laevateinn vs. Gungnir!

EDIT: Does anyone know where to find the soundtrack?

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Not Dave posted:

You can find it easily with an english title if you just filter by date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EU7KOAWbu8

I enjoy the incredibly DBZ styled prologue music way too much in this.

That was pretty drat impressive, maybe one of these days I'll actually play the games and not just see fanworks.

Wasn't expecting for Reimu to pull a rasengan though :v: