Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I'm playing in windowed mode and it's working for me. I always play windowed mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is anyone else having a problem with their custom decks not appearing? My default human deck also never works after the patch.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

DrManiac posted:

Is anyone else having a problem with their custom decks not appearing? My default human deck also never works after the patch.

I keep having this issue where I either get a stock deck instead of the custom I built or I get the custom but the wrong hero. I just keep restarting the client and eventually I get what I want. :v:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Blazing Zero posted:

I keep having this issue where I either get a stock deck instead of the custom I built or I get the custom but the wrong hero. I just keep restarting the client and eventually I get what I want. :v:

If you're using the 'quick match" button stop and just use the direct challenge option. There's a bug with the overlay.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
EDIT: never mind, I am apparently blind.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 22, 2013

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
If I pledged at $10 do I not get an alpha invite? I haven't seen anything yet...

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Paper Triangle posted:

If I pledged at $10 do I not get an alpha invite? I haven't seen anything yet...

I think you should be on the list. Check your spam folders etc?

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Yeah, I've checked everywhere, spam, a few of my filters I thought may have caught it, made sure the address on my kickstarter account is right, nothing.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

You should definitely be in by now. A Cryptozoic guy on the forums said this when someone else had the same issue a few days ago:

BlueAvocado posted:

We didn't change the way we were sending invites but we did have a problem with the big batch we sent. This means that a chunk of invites in the middle of that batch did not get to their recipients. We are working on getting all of those invites out today. We understand that this doesn't make the situation any better for you individually and we are doing our best to get it all sorted out.

So you should probably talk to customer support.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Thanks, glad to know it's a known issue. My cursory attempt at googling it didn't turn up much. I put in a ticket, so hopefully I can play this soon.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It seems like they also changed some cards without mentioning it in the last patchnotes:
Murder now needs two blood threshold
Inner conflict now costs 3

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Paper Triangle posted:

Thanks, glad to know it's a known issue. My cursory attempt at googling it didn't turn up much. I put in a ticket, so hopefully I can play this soon.
Friend of mine ran into a similar issue. I recommended him opening a support ticket and he had his invite within a half-day.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Sounds like they might have some Mac clients for us Mac users to test out shortly: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29673&page=4&p=320420&viewfull=1#post320420

This is good because I can never get wineskin wrappers to work for me.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow, this new patch is pretty good. I actually managed to finish 2 PvP games in a row!

Attention Deficit
Nov 25, 2006
fine til you came along..
Definitely seems a lot more stable.

Saying that, even if it does look to have bugged out, give it a little while. In one game this morning it took a minute or two for the Pass Priority to appear.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

So I put together a deck built around using Cosmic Transmogrifier to turn Prophet of Lodegan into 4 random 7 drops, and it turns out that it actually can transform constants into troops and vice versa. So, it turns out that Cosmic Transmogrifier and other constants actually work really well with Extinction to give you some serious board advantage. I could definitely see something worthwhile coming out of this.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm at home and can't check, but I assume that Cosmic Transmogrifier turns itself into a random 5-drop right?

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah, it does.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Sacrificial Toast posted:

So I put together a deck built around using Cosmic Transmogrifier to turn Prophet of Lodegan into 4 random 7 drops, and it turns out that it actually can transform constants into troops and vice versa. So, it turns out that Cosmic Transmogrifier and other constants actually work really well with Extinction to give you some serious board advantage. I could definitely see something worthwhile coming out of this.

Nice idea. I just played around with this concept a bit and some of the interactions are really interesting, especially since we're in Set 1 so some of the top-end characteristics are predictable -- for example, because there aren't any other 12 cost cards, Argus: Herald of Doom is always going to transform into itself.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So it doesn't use the reduced cost from having him in your hard for a few turns? Nice!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Is there something *new* that could be causing games to crash out at the coinflip screen? I've been repeatedly crashing out tonight when trying to enter games vs. other players -- one deck is new but works fine against the AI, the other deck I've tried worked fine in multiple games the day before yesterday. No hex engines, eternal guardians, frost wizards, curse of oblivion, or Protectorate Defender in either deck.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Grim posted:

So it doesn't use the reduced cost from having him in your hard for a few turns? Nice!

Yeah, the one deck I've run into using a transmogrifier so far lost solely because I had Argus out and he would never go away. It was an interesting match. I like the card, but I'm not sure I'd have the patience to build around it.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Can anyone 100% confirm that they received an alpha invite after pledging at the $10 level? My ticket was escalated once a day for five days before they told me, "as [they] were just informed," Support tier will not get alpha access.

This is pretty frustrating. Was there some stipulation in terms of service that I missed? I was pretty sure that stretch goals applied to all tiers, and that alpha invites were part of the stretch goals, right? I'm willing to accept that I might be wrong but at this point I'd honestly have $10 than wait another XX months until beta.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Paper Triangle posted:

Can anyone 100% confirm that they received an alpha invite after pledging at the $10 level? My ticket was escalated once a day for five days before they told me, "as [they] were just informed," Support tier will not get alpha access.

This is pretty frustrating. Was there some stipulation in terms of service that I missed? I was pretty sure that stretch goals applied to all tiers, and that alpha invites were part of the stretch goals, right? I'm willing to accept that I might be wrong but at this point I'd honestly have $10 than wait another XX months until beta.

Didn't they say Squire tier and up will get alpha access? Supporter tier is below Squire.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

BenRGamer posted:

Didn't they say Squire tier and up will get alpha access? Supporter tier is below Squire.

The word "Alpha" appears on the KickStarter page three times, two of those being in "pre-alpha gameplay" snippets. The remaining relevant mention looks like this:

"1.8M - HEX Novel written by a famous fantasy author. Reward: Early alpha access for backers, name reservation, character reservation. - Unlocked 6/3"

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Paper Triangle posted:

The word "Alpha" appears on the KickStarter page three times, two of those being in "pre-alpha gameplay" snippets. The remaining relevant mention looks like this:

"1.8M - HEX Novel written by a famous fantasy author. Reward: Early alpha access for backers, name reservation, character reservation. - Unlocked 6/3"

Had to look through the updates for it, but here it is.

quote:

Great work, everyone. You've unlocked the early alpha access for all backers from Squire to Producer, and we'll be publishing a HEX novel by a well-known fantasy writer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/500379

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Wow, I had no idea there was even an "updates" section on Kickstarter. Shows what I know. I guess I'll just sit around and stew in my anger until beta. Thanks.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
Anyone else notice the latest patch downloaded a bunch of files with PvE in the name? Maybe they're gearing up to add a few more PvE elements.

I'm pumped.

Also I'm somewhat curious about whether or not they'll stick with the "we won't alter cards" policy after paid beta release. They've been modifying cards like mad since Alpha started, I can't imagine they won't want to do that after release.

Though, honestly, everything has been very well balanced. I never considered the stuff they nerfed to be a huge problem. Escalation was annoying but beatable.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
They're going to have to alter some card at some point. That was a stupid promise for Cory to make.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

They're going to have to alter some card at some point. That was a stupid promise for Cory to make.

I don't really see any reason why they can't do things the old-fashioned way with bans. (Except for PVE cards, which they've already said they might alter.)

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

pumpinglemma posted:

I don't really see any reason why they can't do things the old-fashioned way with bans. (Except for PVE cards, which they've already said they might alter.)

They've altered a substantial number of cards already.

That's a lot of bans.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
They might set up a test server for upcoming sets? The amount of playtesting they do sounds quite thorough but there is nothing like a thousand nerds eager to play with the shiny new thing and press all the buttons - even if it is half-finished :xd:

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Grim posted:

They might set up a test server for upcoming sets? The amount of playtesting they do sounds quite thorough but there is nothing like a thousand nerds eager to play with the shiny new thing and press all the buttons - even if it is half-finished :xd:

This is an interesting solution, and there is precedent for this sort of thing. League of Legends has a testing server that for the longest time was both free to apply for and allowed you to unlock almost all content you could imagine for free. Yet people still played on their normal servers and gave them money.

LoL only closed the testing server to applications because the community there became a toxic cesspool even compared to the rest of LoL, which is saying a lot.

Anyway, I think they would not lose out on a lot of business offering the content for free in order to test it more thoroughly, especially if the testing server was limited to, say, people who posted bugs in Alpha or something.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

pumpinglemma posted:

Banning a card from X format is better than straight up altering it (only) once a bunch of people have already paid real money for that card. It's fine to alter cards now and through beta/early retail because nobody has. The deadline is once people pay money for singles at playerauctions etc. You can still go through with it if you feel strongly enough but at that point there are real consequences to the community you should avoid if at all possible, which is why I like their approach here.

e: sort of similar example: Blizzard killing off the auction house. It's clearly a balance change and clearly makes their lives easier because they don't have to try to balance around a top .01% loot curve - and it also killed all interest in the game for at least some large % of a bunch of people who collectively gave them a lot of money. The right thing to do there would have been to keep it open in the regular game and ban it from ladders.

Adar fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 28, 2013

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Adar posted:

Banning a card from X format is better than straight up altering it (only) once a bunch of people have already paid real money for that card. It's fine to alter cards now and through beta/early retail because nobody has. The deadline is once people pay money for singles at playerauctions etc. You can still go through with it if you feel strongly enough but at that point there are real consequences to the community you should avoid if at all possible, which is why I like their approach here.

e: sort of similar example: Blizzard killing off the auction house. It's clearly a balance change and clearly makes their lives easier because they don't have to try to balance around a top .01% loot curve - and it also killed all interest in the game for at least some large % of a bunch of people who collectively gave them a lot of money. The right thing to do there would have been to keep it open in the regular game and ban it from ladders.

Since the game is completely digital they could have it both ways though. If a card needs to be banned you ban it, then add a nerfed third-side of the card that is playable in the formats the real card is banned in. Simple, elegant, fixes the problem.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

OBi posted:

Since the game is completely digital they could have it both ways though. If a card needs to be banned you ban it, then add a nerfed third-side of the card that is playable in the formats the real card is banned in. Simple, elegant, fixes the problem.

I don't know if I'd call that elegant. Confusing might be more apt.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

It looks like they are going to start testing tournaments next Wednesday. Single elimination 8-person queues. Does anyone know if it's going to be best of three, or just one game per match?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Plus they're going to keep track of win records, thats pretty cool of them even if there aren't any prizes - speaking of;

Blinkman987 posted:

Edit: If you all want to do a tournament, I'll put up my Gax and Portensio mercenaries that are sitting on my desk as prizes. I suggest one going to the winner, the other as a random participation prize.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Totally in on that tournament. Just need to actually make a good deck to use with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Gonna just play the default shin'hare deck in the tournament because why not

• Locked thread