Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Of course the Tenno turned on the Orokin, they had to start farming something after they got all the loot from all the Sentients they could ever want. Only after the Tenno ran out of things to grind for did they put themselves into cryosleep until DE brought the next update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Also, the Tenno were completely insane and the other Orokin taught them only how to fight. What did they think would happen when they ran out of Sentients?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

necrobobsledder posted:

Of course the Tenno turned on the Orokin, they had to start farming something after they got all the loot from all the Sentients they could ever want. Only after the Tenno ran out of things to grind for did they put themselves into cryosleep until DE brought the next update.

DE codex update tia

ReventeInterdite
Apr 29, 2005
Are there still spots still open in the PS4 clan? Hoping to get in. My ID is TooHardForThis

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wait, there's actually lore to this game? :psyduck:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Wait, there's actually lore to this game? :psyduck:

It's being kinda generous to say that there is.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I've been grinding a bit to find my first Morphic in order to construct my Clan Key, but no luck so far. I saw while looking at the wiki that its possible to just buy one, which I would do if I could figure out where to buy them on the PS4 version. Any hints?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I've been away for a few days, has U11 hit PS4?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

barren_sky posted:

I've been grinding a bit to find my first Morphic in order to construct my Clan Key, but no luck so far. I saw while looking at the wiki that its possible to just buy one, which I would do if I could figure out where to buy them on the PS4 version. Any hints?

You can get resources from the market but they cost platinum so you should never ever ever do it. Unless something changed, you should be able to get them from the first boss. If not then play Defense or Survival on a planet that has morphics and you should get at least one in a game.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

barren_sky posted:

The foundry components are listed under the equipment/gear (forget the exact name at the current moment) subsection of the market, off to the right on the list. I don't really recommend it though as the cost for individual parts is high. You can grind morphics pretty easily if you have the patience for repeated Captain Vor runs, he drops them fairly regularly.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Thanks for the help, guys. And just so I'm clear on this, the best way to farm is to go solo? I know some items are split between the team, but random drops like that are first-come-first-serve, right?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I knew I liked Darvo the moment I saw his ugly mug in the store all those months ago.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

barren_sky posted:

Thanks for the help, guys. And just so I'm clear on this, the best way to farm is to go solo? I know some items are split between the team, but random drops like that are first-come-first-serve, right?

Nope, everyone gets their own everything. If they pick up credits, you get them too even.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sweetgrass posted:

The foundry components are listed under the equipment/gear (forget the exact name at the current moment) subsection of the market, off to the right on the list. I don't really recommend it though as the cost for individual parts is high. You can grind morphics pretty easily if you have the patience for repeated Captain Vor runs, he drops them fairly regularly.

He's also buggy as gently caress. Be prepared to abort a lot when he becomes unkillable (outside of the bubble phases).

BTW, the Warframe packs are included in the Steam sale, so $20-$50 gets you a bunch of plat and essentially free mods and credits. I'm debating whether I want to grab the Tenno pack or the starter and/or gift packs. Not sure if they'll dip lower than 50% off, but I've got them on my wish list and will be keeping an eye on them.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

barren_sky posted:

Best way to farm is to hook up with goons who are also farming and do a survival/mobile defense mission, since they have the most enemies and thus get the most drops.

QuantaStarFire posted:

He's also buggy as gently caress. Be prepared to abort a lot when he becomes unkillable (outside of the bubble phases).

BTW, the Warframe packs are included in the Steam sale, so $20-$50 gets you a bunch of plat and essentially free mods and credits. I'm debating whether I want to grab the Tenno pack or the starter and/or gift packs. Not sure if they'll dip lower than 50% off, but I've got them on my wish list and will be keeping an eye on them.

IIRC from the last Steam Sale they did go to 75% off at one point, so for those who want cheap plat might be better to wait until the sale is almost over and see if they go down to that again.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
So whats god tier weapon these days? My Supra with 5 formas is surprisingly ineffective...

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

barren_sky posted:

Beaten a bit, but don't ever worry about "stealing" drops, because you can't. Anything you pick up is still there for everyone else. The only exception to this is credit drops, when you pick those up they disappear for everyone else but they still get the money so who cares. Ammo, health, energy, mods, everything else are all instanced, your teammates will still have their own copies to pick up.

Oh, and if you're at a point where you can run around on Mars without too much trouble, I tend to get tons of morphics there.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I'm relatively sure they will go on flash sale at some point, also be aware that each pack comes with affinity and credit amps, which do not stack up if you get multiple packs at once, so if you're gonna get multiple, grab one of them now and then one of the other when they are on sale for christmas. Unless of course you don't care about the boosts (you should though, since they are worth 40 plat each, and pretty useful.)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

evilentity posted:

So whats god tier weapon these days? My Supra with 5 formas is surprisingly ineffective...

This makes me sad, I formaed my supra for the 3rd time right before DMG 2.0 is it really crap now?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Was the Supra ever any good? I always thought it was just as bad as the Gorgon, with the added drawback of having snail speed projectiles that just kind of lazily hover towards the enemy. Never bothered to completly level it because of that, was there something during damage 1.0 that made the whole mess worthwhile?

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
It used to be the highest-dps machine gun, but only when fired through Volt's shield to counteract the terrible projectile speed. Then the Soma came along and was better in every way, not to mention easier to use. Supra has been crappy for a long time now, it's not Damage 2.0's fault.

Edit: Energy Siphon alert on Casta (Ceres). Still the best aura in the game, get it while it's hot! :woop:

Cathair fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 28, 2013

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Cathair posted:

It used to be the highest-dps machine gun, but only when fired through Volt's shield to counteract the terrible projectile speed. Then the Soma came along and was better in every way, not to mention easier to use. Supra has been crappy for a long time now, it's not Damage 2.0's fault.

Edit: Energy Siphon alert on Casta (Ceres). Still the best aura in the game, get it while it's hot! :woop:

It was still the best way to make "Rambo X - Blood in Space" a reality.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Ignis is the best gun IMO because you can hit a ton of enemies at once (including through walls without having to include a penetrating mod) as well as doing lots of damage.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The Supra is as good as it ever was, the Soma just eclipses it entirely. Crit damage(which Soma mostly does) is multiplied by 4 when it's on a weak point. So you can hit a lv60 Grineer heavy gunner in the head for over 1,000 damage per crit with Soma.

If you're trying to make the Supra useful you should unslot your Piercing damage mods(old AP damage) and instead work towards getting a full rainbow build going. Rifle poison drops from Elite Crewmen and Corrupted Lancers, so it's pretty common, and it's necessary for the best damage combos in the game- Blast/Corrosive for fighting armor(Cold+Fire, Poison+Elec) and Magnetic/Gas(Cold+Elec, Fire+Poison) for shields.

and yes, the Ignis is just brilliant in the new system. I need more mod slots and potentially a Forma respec (and then another Forma or two) before I can maximize its damage while keeping loadout flexibility, though.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Piell posted:

Ignis is the best gun IMO because you can hit a ton of enemies at once (including through walls without having to include a penetrating mod) as well as doing lots of damage.
Eh? The Ignis doesn't go through walls that I've ever seen. Around, sure, but not through. I've specifically tested it by attempting to shoot through doors where I know an enemy is on the other side, even. A Shred mod is part of my standard loadout on it for that very reason.

It's still really good though.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I have not tried doing that recently, so maybe they changed how it works, but I am absolutely positive that I used to shoot things through doors with an Ignis. Especially while waiting for a teammate to do a bypass, Infested like to cram up against the other side and you could just mow 'em all down.

When they first buffed the Ignis, Grineer Scorches could do this too. Those bastards would flamethrower you through a solid floor from the room below, you wouldn't even know they were there until you suddenly started dying.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/28/how-sony-wooed-warframe-onto-ps4?abthid=52973ca93763c17079000009

Interview on how Sony jumped to get Warframe to be a PS4 timed exclusive (and how the entire company is focused on that game now.)

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Beaten a bit, but don't ever worry about "stealing" drops, because you can't. Anything you pick up is still there for everyone else.

On this note, whenever you pick up a mod and there's still a blue shimmery in its place afterwards, that's a sign that someone else on your team hasn't picked it up yet. Press G while aiming at the shimmery and you'll give your team a waypoint telling them its location.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Is there any melee weapon that is as cool as Galatine? I see why a lot of people run it now. I understand that melee is rear end in this game but at the very least this weapon is satisfying.

Also, I managed to pick up Stalkers bow from the Forma Alert several hours ago? Any advice where to take this thing once its built?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Helter Skelter posted:

Eh? The Ignis doesn't go through walls that I've ever seen. Around, sure, but not through. I've specifically tested it by attempting to shoot through doors where I know an enemy is on the other side, even. A Shred mod is part of my standard loadout on it for that very reason.

Ignis ignores walls entirely as far as I can tell, you can totally shoot through doors easy.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Is there any melee weapon that is as cool as Galatine? I see why a lot of people run it now. I understand that melee is rear end in this game but at the very least this weapon is satisfying.

Also, I managed to pick up Stalkers bow from the Forma Alert several hours ago? Any advice where to take this thing once its built?

The Dread does slashing damage which is good against Infested.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kokoro Wish posted:

I knew I liked Darvo the moment I saw his ugly mug in the store all those months ago.

"They locked you out? That's cute."

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Bring Dread to Cyath, Xini or any other Infested map. Dread is mostly Slashing damage which gets a bonus vs Infested.

edit: Ignis doesn't shoot through doors or walls, technically. It just has a radial effect- of significant size- on wherever the center of the cone hits, and that is what ignores obstacles.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 28, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Supra was one of the best guns before a bunch of new guns were introduced. The projectile speed is irrelevant, and even when it used to aim off-center that was irrelevant too because I had something like 80% lifetime accuracy with it. It's not good now because the Soma is ridiculously better, and Flux is probably leagues better as well but I haven't got around to leveling mine yet.

I keep hoping they'll buff it because it's mastery 7 and I put 6 forma into it, but they never do.

Helter Skelter posted:

It definitely shoots through closed doors in episode 11.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 28, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Schubalts posted:

"They locked you out? That's cute."

Yeah, can we replace Lotus entirely with Darvo? Darvo seems like a cool dude; he apologises for asking you to hack more terminals, unlike Lotus who's poo poo at her job and never apologises. :argh:

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Trinity any fun to use? I like the idea of a support warframe but I'm on the fence about trying to grind out for it. Tied between Ember, Trinity or Banshee right now for first grind out but I'm not to the required boss yet to harvest for sweet sweet parts.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010

Denzine posted:

The Supra is as good as it ever was, the Soma just eclipses it entirely. Crit damage(which Soma mostly does) is multiplied by 4 when it's on a weak point. So you can hit a lv60 Grineer heavy gunner in the head for over 1,000 damage per crit with Soma.

If you're trying to make the Supra useful you should unslot your Piercing damage mods(old AP damage) and instead work towards getting a full rainbow build going. Rifle poison drops from Elite Crewmen and Corrupted Lancers, so it's pretty common, and it's necessary for the best damage combos in the game- Blast/Corrosive for fighting armor(Cold+Fire, Poison+Elec) and Magnetic/Gas(Cold+Elec, Fire+Poison) for shields.

and yes, the Ignis is just brilliant in the new system. I need more mod slots and potentially a Forma respec (and then another Forma or two) before I can maximize its damage while keeping loadout flexibility, though.

Ive enjoyed supra for the murder hose it was. I have both soma and ignis, ill focus on them now. Gotta get some of them new mods.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Kortel posted:

Trinity any fun to use? I like the idea of a support warframe but I'm on the fence about trying to grind out for it. Tied between Ember, Trinity or Banshee right now for first grind out but I'm not to the required boss yet to harvest for sweet sweet parts.

I think banshee's the most fun of those 3 but the hardest to get. Running into huge groups of enemies with link up makes trinity as lot of fun as well. Ember is just rear end.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I thought Lotus was a robot or an extremely lazy Tenno.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Kortel posted:

Playing Trinity is literally using a god mode hack. For your whole team. Takes a few forma and some fancy mods to get to that point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Harrower posted:

Playing Trinity is literally using a god mode hack. For your whole team. Takes a few forma and some fancy mods to get to that point though.

I just got my Trinity to 30 and moved on from it yesterday. I enjoyed it a bunch and it definitely seemed like it could be really useful in certain situations, but it never felt super powerful.

How do I ascend to Trinity Godhood?