Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Samurai Sanders posted:

No, I think you shouldn't play either of them.

I genuinely enjoyed the first one, even if the story mode ran long and had a pretty bad final boss fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
A new option that enables players to view only the enemy general's health bar has been added.

Well it's the thought that counts :downs:

Only 4 days! I'll watch Nico and post some stuff from there come the time.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Lunethex posted:

A new option that enables players to view only the enemy general's health bar has been added.

Well it's the thought that counts :downs:

Only 4 days! I'll watch Nico and post some stuff from there come the time.

That's actually a really cool feature. Maybe. I feel like I might not be able to differentiate between mooks.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Jibo posted:

That's actually a really cool feature. Maybe. I feel like I might not be able to differentiate between mooks.

Exactly my reaction.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Samurai Sanders posted:

No, I think you shouldn't play either of them.

:negative: b, but the last HnK game I played was Last Battle for the Genesis...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TerryLennox posted:

As far as I know, there just plain aren't any particularly good HnK games.

Except maybe this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAFvpzgvI2g

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

As far as I know, there just plain aren't any particularly good HnK games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPnJqtIMxo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
No, I hadn't forgotten about that when I made my post above.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do you just hate good games, or what?

Only poking fun at you, but I enjoyed the ArcSys fighter and Ken's Rage well enough.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Look how wrong you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xrS0kyBPeY

wap wap wap wap wap wap wap

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh I don't debate that it looks cool, but I didn't have much fun playing it in arcades in Japan, and the cabinet was usually unoccupied.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Where's my Hokuto no Ken HD Remix, Arc?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Dynasty Warriors 8 w/ Xtreme Legends on Nicovideo.

Playing Lu Lingqi in the Battle of Capture of Xiapi :swoon:

e. I love the little touch on the horse that when you're turning it now moves a little more realistically in tune with that. Looks fluid!
e2. Her whole moveset is pretty solid, hoping this guy makes more.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 28, 2013

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

New favorite character found.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

She looks pretty awesome. Quad voluge or whatever they're going to call it is really cool. The fact that she doesn't speak like a little girl is really nice as well.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Oh man, I'm anxious about whether or not we'll get this on PS4 in the States.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

She looks pretty awesome. Quad voluge or whatever they're going to call it is really cool. The fact that she doesn't speak like a little girl is really nice as well.

She's pretty much Ginchiyo for DW.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013
Recently picked up Warriors Orochi 3 and been having a blast with it, though man it's hard not to be a bit :stare: at the sheer volume of playable characters...until I realised after poking through the weapons list that there's a few clones here n' there. It's still pretty impressive though in character volume, though difficult to not be amused when I see Deng Ai's ultimate is named 'Oichi's Love' or some approximation to it.

That said though, I was one of the few who did enjoy Bladestorm so playing as Joan is awesome but it just makes me wonder if it'd have been more successful if it was more Warriors than a middling inbetween of it and Kessen.

Anyway, DW8XL is looking good and Lingqi looks like a whole lot of fun to play. Although, Dynasty Warriors 8's gonna get an Empires instalment surely? I'm holding out for news of that before I think of giving KOEI-Tecmo any more money. :colbert:

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
DW8 is $25 on Amazon. Orders $35 and over get free shipping.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TerryLennox posted:

If you really love HnK you'll get enough out of the first game to make it worth playing. It's like one of three games I've got 1000/1000 GP for.

Also Jagi and Amiba's Excellent Adventures make it worth it alone now you can find it for cheap.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Dual Monarchy posted:

That said though, I was one of the few who did enjoy Bladestorm so playing as Joan is awesome but it just makes me wonder if it'd have been more successful if it was more Warriors than a middling inbetween of it and Kessen.

I'll be honest, I knew little about it, other than the fact that characters like Son Goku, Shuten Douji and Goemon cropped up. So when Achilles cropped up, that was a moment for me.

Also, I liked the HnK games, though the first drags like you would not believe. Worth it for the Dream mode though, especially Rei's.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

This Japanese YouTube channel has many videos featuring a varied amount of the XL content.

I haven't watched anything yet but in the first few seconds I would guess he's mostly playing on Very Easy for the sake of showing it off.

e. If anyone's curious, yes, if you find the generics of Zhu Ran or Chen Gong for example in the main campaign on XL, they will be replaced with their XL counterparts :)
e2. Fa Zheng's musou attacks rule. In fact, the magic carpet he uses is all around sweet. I had my doubts on that one, curious about Chen Gong's now!
e3. Looks like Shu's new what-if route is Guan Yu & Zhang Fei dying but Fa Zheng and others leading Liu Bei to victory against Wu at Yiling. Also Zhuge Liang isn't around! But it doesn't end there, from the look of the stage-timeline.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 28, 2013

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

If you really love HnK you'll get enough out of the first game to make it worth playing. It's like one of three games I've got 1000/1000 GP for.

Also Jagi and Amiba's Excellent Adventures make it worth it alone now you can find it for cheap.

I think Ken's Rage is the only 360 game on which I've gotten all the achievements. And yes, it's worth emphasizing that Jagi's Free Mode story is amazing. More than anything else, it's why I found the sequel so disappointing.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.

Lunethex posted:

Looks like Shu's new what-if route is Guan Yu & Zhang Fei dying but Fa Zheng and others leading Liu Bei to victory against Wu at Yiling. Also Zhuge Liang isn't around! But it doesn't end there, from the look of the stage-timeline.
Haha, it'd be hilarious if the story goes the path of taking out Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and even friggin' Zhuge Liang, then having Shu conquer China.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Somehow I was under the impression the Saint Seiya game released on PSN this week was a Koei game, but nope, just another DBZ/Naruto-esque fighting game. :(

That just makes me want a Saint Seiya musou all the more.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

iastudent posted:

Somehow I was under the impression the Saint Seiya game released on PSN this week was a Koei game, but nope, just another DBZ/Naruto-esque fighting game. :(

Wait...I could have sworn that there was such a game in development, months ago. What happened to it?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Uh, there is a Saint Seiya musou, Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle. It's made by Bamco and goes through the Sanctuary Arc of the show, it's not bad. It got an English release in Asia and Europe, so you can just buy it off eBay or whatever.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Ahh, so there is. Brave Soldiers, the CyberConnect2 fighting game, was the one released recently on US PSN. That was slightly confusing.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

iastudent posted:

I wish Bandai got rid of that stupid fighting game engine. Fights don't feel dynamic, movement is immensely awkward and the computer loving cheats with the teleports/cosmo dodges. Characters don't run, they hover.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

More general gameplay from 4gamer, showing a few of the Challenge Modes and some of a Lu Bu mission.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Raserys posted:

Oh man, I'm anxious about whether or not we'll get this on PS4 in the States.

I'm kind of surprised it wasn't there at launch. Omega Force has had SOMETHING DW-y available at every console launch I've known, including handhelds. Perhaps they are showing solidarity with their primary Japanese demographic by holding release until the PS4 drops in Japan.

Takoluka posted:

She's pretty much Ginchiyo for DW.

Oh my.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DW8 with Xtreme Legends comes out this month in Asia for their launch, granted that's like a Chinese/Japanese version.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Just watched Red Cliff on netflix. It's the western cut version that takes out a lot of exposition (among other things), but it's neat to see a major movie production of ROTK.

Plus Zhang Fei's eyebrows

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mortimer posted:

Just watched Red Cliff on netflix. It's the western cut version that takes out a lot of exposition (among other things), but it's neat to see a major movie production of ROTK.

Plus Zhang Fei's eyebrows

That and Guan Yu's beard are great characters in that movie.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

A topic starting on Koei Warriors about 6th weapons for anyone who imported or is curious about some of the objectives. A lot of work still to be put in it though.

e. I just heard something else. There are apparently new Weapon Tempering/Seal things that come from Challenge Mode. I'm trying to find more on this so I'll post when I get it.
e2. I can't figure it out actually, nothing concrete on it where I've looked, even the Koei Wikia :downs:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 3, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Also here's one of the new characters in Samurai Warriors 4, Hisahide Matsunaga who was famous for destroying a Buddhist temple, serving Nobunaga while scheming to overthrow him the entire time, then eventually rebelling and killing himself but not before he smashed one of Nobunaga's favorite tea kettles just to be a prick.

I'm wondering who else gets added. I'm fulling expecting a few people like Chacha and Matsu Maeda to get added and I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple guys like Naomasa Ii or maybe Kagekatsu Uesugi too. Personally I'd kind of like a little expansion on Masamune so I'd be down with, say, Kojuro Katakura or Yoshihime (Masamune's mother who was kind of scheming and tried to poison).

Suben fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 3, 2013

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
That's about what I'd imagine a person with that resume to look like.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Even by Warriors standards, that design is completely loving ridiculous. Never thought I'd say that.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Maleketh posted:

Even by Warriors standards, that design is completely loving ridiculous. Never thought I'd say that.

It can only get better from here.

e. A bit of an interesting claim here: Wind element no longer breaks through guard in XL.

You also do not automatically perform storm rushes. The reason it is manual now is not because you can do it any time but to only perform at your whim.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

God drat pop culture. I'm never not going to see that guy as a trans Japanese Miley Cyrus.