Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, will attempt to save the whales, namely the 10 Savage Orcs and Reaper Earth Elemental for November!

Excellent! When you post your Oath Complete post, please be sure to indicate which failed month these figures are from. Thanks!

moths posted:

Two quick conformations on Get Based Out:

- We can start building the base anytime, it just can't be painted before we oath it.

- It's OK to have models on the completed base.

(I think both of these are true - is that correct?)

Yes and yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
OA[s]TH COMPLETED

I'd like to claim the "Fly My Flag" Bonus. This will make up the points lost for basing (this is part of my RT set, so they are all plain based.)

This finely mustachioed Servo skull will also get me the Jurnol points I think. Dapper fellow what what!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 24, 2013

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm probably going to want to revisit this model at some point, if only to fix the sloppy edges of the basing, but since it's ready for the tabletop and I'm ready to move on to something else, I'm calling it Oath Complete!

Apologies for the photography, which even with a white balance doesn't look that great.

Aside from the obvious completed oath and base, I'm claiming Aww, It's a Baby, as well as the Jurnal for the mohawk/crest added to the helm.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 24, 2013

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:gifttank:Judgement!:gifttank:

3rd Place, 1 Point: Red Shoe

Bases, over paint jobs sweet as usual. Thought I'd point out that the tartan on the troll bloods looks especially sweet this month.

2nd Place, 2 Points: Germ

Your technique is so on point with these models. Everything about the Plague Drones just pops out. The placement choices for the highlighting/shading works to perfection.

1st Place, 3 Points: Slimnoid

The subdued OSL on these came out great. You made some great color choices on your models. Purple, orange, and green can very easily look extremely goofy on a model, but those robed dudes look amazing. Nice detailing on the pages of the books, the dude's face has really sharp details. Spider looks clean and bold. Too bad about the small pics for the other models, great work all around, would have been nice to see them up close.

Detektuv's Jurnal Bonus, Pink, 1 Point: Achmed Jones

A good looking worm. The pink works for the model, and the worm snot was very well done.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Kinda an oath addition, not really.

As part of my oath I was creating a pile of junk to be a unit filler/objective marker. In making that I found and decided to use this bit, here is a picture showing its not painted yet.

Thus I am not adding a thing to my final oath, just adding this bit to the pile of junk. Hope this makes sense.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

krushgroove posted:

Yeah I've been really busy and suddenly half the month was gone!

Christ yeah, I finally got primed today, things are going well :ohdear:

Bachtere posted:

Detektuv's Jurnal Bonus, Pink, 1 Point: Achmed Jones

A good looking worm. The pink works for the model, and the worm snot was very well done.

So glad this won something! I really, really like how it turned out :swoon:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I am accepting reality and declaring Oath Failure this month. With vacation travels ahead and apathy behind, I'm just not going to be able to pull through in the scant hours I have remaining. I shall return emboldened to put paint to thing, but these specific things just weren't doing it for me this time around.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Krushgroove, I don't think I got an approval for Grey Hunter's oath.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Leperflesh posted:

Krushgroove, I don't think I got an approval for Grey Hunter's oath.

Well, its a little to late for a repaint now..... :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath one Flag guy and one Servoskull, 28mm, made of mostly Games Workshop parts.
Sorry :(

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse oath for November one Tau Hammerhead with Longstrike upgrade Warhammer 40k Citadel Miniatures, 28mm scale.
:siren::wookie:HAIR:wookie::siren:

Gave him a soul patch because I have no idea what kind of facial hair (if any) tau have.

He is converted from a BONES marine looking guy, he needed a battle suit and I was not about to spend 20-30 bucks for a torso.
nice!

Red Shoe posted:

:siren: One more November oath! 10 Nyss Hunters :siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, oath that I will paint this Reaper 'Spirit of the Forest' from the Bones line. Reaper Miniatures, 28mm scale.

Tadhg posted:

:hist101:I, Tadhg, swear an Oath to paint 3 Treekin and 1 Treeman for the month of November.:hist101:

They are both from GW's Warhammer Fantasy line.

Black_Nexus posted:

:siren:I Black_Nexus Oath to paint these 5 rotten empire soldiers(Gamesworkshop):siren:

Sorry folks, been away the past couple of days. These are all Accepted!!

moths posted:

Two quick conformations on Get Based Out:

- We can start building the base anytime, it just can't be painted before we oath it.

- It's OK to have models on the completed base.

(I think both of these are true - is that correct?)

As enri says, yes on both counts.

Pash posted:

Kinda an oath addition, not really.

As part of my oath I was creating a pile of junk to be a unit filler/objective marker. In making that I found and decided to use this bit, here is a picture showing its not painted yet.

Thus I am not adding a thing to my final oath, just adding this bit to the pile of junk. Hope this makes sense.

If you're just adding something to the marker piece you're making, I'd say you don't need to worry about posting an addition to it - it's not like we're cataloguing every bit of plastic you're putting on the base. Thanks very much for posting your addition/not addition, though!

OK so back to old business!

:siren: MALIFAUX PAINTERS from October! :siren:

Ledgem
ForkBanger
Slimnoid
moths
Signal
Schmetterling
Dr. Gargunza
Oxford Comma

We have a tiebreaker situation for Slimnoid's prize! Moths and Forkbanger both have 2 votes, so I'd like to know which one of these three situations you'd like to do to break the tie.

A - Slimnoid is the tiebreaker!
B - YOU GUYS are the tiebreaker (meaning, a run-off vote between those of you that voted. Of course, Moths and Forbanger are unable to vote in this one but I would say Slimoid can have a vote if you guys choose this method, what do you think?

I'll leave the votes open for this decision for 24 hours from this post, and then I'll choose a method if there's a further tie or there aren't any votes.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Cool I just wanted to make sure I have someone notice that and be like: "No proof that wasn't painted! OATH FAILED! Because seriously I have everything painted but that junk pile right now...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:france: Oath Complete! :france:

The French soldiers are a themed group.

Almost every figure who didn't come with a mustache got some serious stubble for this month's Movember theme.

It was a nice day so I took some outside photos, as you can see the colors look much better in natural lighting.

And the truck's pull-n-go action still works! (But I'm terrified to use it.)

As for the Malifaux prize, I'm cool with a Slimnoid decision. It's his prize to award, after all.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

A - Slimnoid is the tiebreaker!
B - YOU GUYS are the tiebreaker (meaning, a run-off vote between those of you that voted. Of course, Moths and Forbanger are unable to vote in this one but I would say Slimoid can have a vote if you guys choose this method, what do you think?

I'm also cool with A. Let the keeper of the prizes be the arbiter! (...yeah, sorry, I'm on cold meds right now, carry on.)

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

OATH COMPLETE AGAIN

Pump wagons are fun to paint.

Can I make an oath addition of a diorama despite the date? I imagine it's okay since the diorama doesn't have to be finished until the end of the season. If so, I, Under 15, oath this looted statue of Khaine as my diorama entry for season 4.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

OATH COMPLETE

I would also like to claim Awww, a baby

Actually completing a unit was an extremely novel thing to do in only one month! I think I will try and keep it up.

edit: Detektuv’s Jurnal for a previous month October.

Lord_Hambrose fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 28, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:November Oath Completed:siren:

Themed Group 5 Fantasy Football undead players

Including a were-poodle!

Infinity Miniature 1 Tankhunter

Games Workshop Miniature 1 Mega-Nob

Detektuv’s Jurnal - Movember 1 Treeman

Oh, it's a treeman. But treemen don't have hair and therefore can't have a mustache, right?

Oh I guess his beard sort of counts. Oh no wait, he's got bushy eyebrows. Not bad I guess.

What do you mean check out the back?

What the hell is that? A squirrel? Well I guess that could count as "hair".

What do you mean look closer?

What in the hell is a mustachioed tree weasel?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis

Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer

Clockwork Angels

Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters

Saxon Orrik

Sonnia Criid

Nino Ortega

This month I went for the Detectuv Jurnal (Movember) which can be seen on Saxon; he's got a week-old stubble going on. I also went for the Box Art bonus on the Nyss Hunters, of which the box art is shown below (pulled from PP's web site, but it's the exact same image on the retail box).

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I'm also cool with A. Let the keeper of the prizes be the arbiter! (...yeah, sorry, I'm on cold meds right now, carry on.)

Also yeah, I'd be fine with giving the final vote if no one objects.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

Also yeah, I'd be fine with giving the final vote if no one objects.

OK, cool (sorry I should have contacted you first actually, I've just been really busy!) - go ahead and announce the winner then! It's been more than a day since I asked for everyone's preference.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

krushgroove posted:

OK, cool (sorry I should have contacted you first actually, I've just been really busy!) - go ahead and announce the winner then! It's been more than a day since I asked for everyone's preference.

Oh no, it's cool.

:siren:Paging Moths!:siren:

You've won yourself a Miss Pack model for Malifaux! If you'd like to receive this prize, send me an email at ryancrussin@gmail.com and we can discuss how best to send it your way.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's fantastic! I'm really exited about this, email sent!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Under 15 posted:

OATH COMPLETE AGAIN

Pump wagons are fun to paint.

Under 15, I need you to post your Oath Complete with everything you oathed this month. I don't want to track multiple Oath Complete posts through a given month. It's fine to edit this post, or post a new one, just get photos of all the stuff you did all in one place for me please, and then let me know.

quote:

Can I make an oath addition of a diorama despite the date? I imagine it's okay since the diorama doesn't have to be finished until the end of the season. If so, I, Under 15, oath this looted statue of Khaine as my diorama entry for season 4.

It's not really an "oath addition", but yeah I think it's OK to oath a diorama at any time. When you do complete your diorama, please link back to this post! For dioramas I only track a single link, so it's best to have that one link be your completed diorama with a link back to the original diorama oath.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

OATH COMPLETE

I would also like to claim Awww, a baby

Actually completing a unit was an extremely novel thing to do in only one month! I think I will try and keep it up.

I assume you didn't do this month's theme (which is fine of course), but I see a lot of pink. Did you choose to do last month's theme instead? If so, call it out in your oath complete post: it's worth 1 point if you do a theme from any previous month (instead of 2 for the current month's theme).

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004

Where did you find the Welly truck, I have been looking for one of those (either the beer, tire, or bags variety) for a decent price for some time?

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
:frogsiren:OH JESUS I DID A BAD THING:frogsiren:

So, with the hassle of new job training, I looked back today and said "I feel like I am forgetting something for the month." Did I forget to pay my bills? No, those were paid early. Did I forget to write schedules for my co-workers for next month? No, no, I have them through January... So what the hell am I forgetting..?
Check archived emails: "Judge's Slideshow for October is Ready!" :suicide:

So, without further pissing you all off, here's what I got:

1 point: Namenlos!

Lovely saturated colors, excellent freehand, and you got the theme in as well! Your stuff always has that balance of clean and painterly that is hard to pull off, and this month you knocked it out of the park.

2 points: SRM!

You know, as soon as I saw these the first thing to come to me was a nostalgic smile. And, honestly, artistic expression is about emotions. Even though the scheme and execution are simple, just looking at these guys makes my inner child want to fall in love with 40k all over again. Great job!

3 points: Red Shoe!

Honestly, I would have thought to paint this model in that scheme, but having seen you done it so proficiently, I don't believe any other scheme could ever do it justice again. That takes a ton of skill and a truly artistic mindset to pull off.

Special Breast-Friend Point: Pash!

Truly, this knight understands the meaning of chivalry and championing good causes.

So, to everyone and anyone that was waiting patiently for me to get to this, I am truly, truly sorry. I will make sure that this does not happen again.
Note: if this kind of thing does happen again, I will begin toxxing myself to make sure judgment is put up in a timely fashion.

Sole.Sushi fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 28, 2013

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
gently caress, this month is going to be tight. Gonna be speedpainting (speed-drybrushing) again. Blargh it's been SUPER-busy. I may have to skip December - but I have two and a bit weeks off. It's good when your office closes over Christmas, and you get the two most in-demand weeks off without having to fight for them.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Leperflesh posted:

Under 15, I need you to post your Oath Complete with everything you oathed this month. I don't want to track multiple Oath Complete posts through a given month. It's fine to edit this post, or post a new one, just get photos of all the stuff you did all in one place for me please, and then let me know.
Added to the original oath complete post.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&pagenumber=88&perpage=40#post422097180

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

OATH COMPLETE

Jurnal is stubble on the DA sergeant.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Mr.Booger posted:

Where did you find the Welly truck, I have been looking for one of those (either the beer, tire, or bags variety) for a decent price for some time?

It was at my local Hobbytown USA in the model railroad section - they had a display of about a dozen of the things collecting dust. I think I paid about $8 or $9 for it. If you'd like me to pick you up a few up, PM me and we can figure out how to make that happen.

(And you can have the bags mine came with, I'm using it for troop transport.)

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Leperflesh posted:

I assume you didn't do this month's theme (which is fine of course), but I see a lot of pink. Did you choose to do last month's theme instead? If so, call it out in your oath complete post: it's worth 1 point if you do a theme from any previous month (instead of 2 for the current month's theme).

Well this is rather convenient. I just have pink as part of my Ork color scheme, but an extra point is pretty handy! Thanks for mentioning it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
This may have been re-hashed, but I vaguely recall it being mentioned that adding feathers counted for the last time this monthly theme was done. Is that still the case? Because I'm working on my oath and have a plan...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sole.Sushi posted:

:frogsiren:OH JESUS I DID A BAD THING:frogsiren:
2 points: Namenlos!

Lovely saturated colors, excellent freehand, and you got the theme in as well! Your stuff always has that balance of clean and painterly that is hard to pull off, and this month you knocked it out of the park.

Oh no! This was probably bound to happen to one of you judges eventually, but unfortunately, it's happened to you.

You have run afoul of The Bachtere Clause MkII:

quote:

We’ll once again use The Bachtere Clause MkII (updated for clarity) - Anyone who receives first or second place from a particular judge will only be eligible for points for third place the next month from that judge. An oather may receive bonus points from more than one judge during a month.

You gave Namenlos first prize in September; you cannot give Namenlos second prize in October.

Thanks! You're all set now.

Corbeau posted:

This may have been re-hashed, but I vaguely recall it being mentioned that adding feathers counted for the last time this monthly theme was done. Is that still the case? Because I'm working on my oath and have a plan...

Feathers are sufficiently beardy. They count.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!!!

I'm counting them as two groups, as one is a block of infantry and the other group is fences and stuff.

Men at Arms Musician, Champion, 4 other men at arms, and a Bretonnian Damsel:

2 fences and a unit filler/objective marker:

I am claiming I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01 for this one, assuming that objective markers are okay:

Detekuv Jurnul:

I gave this guy a mohawk. I was gonna give him a Afro... but when I made this I just liked it too much. Its just some green stuff painted black on a bald men at arms head.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Leperflesh posted:

Oh no! This was probably bound to happen to one of you judges eventually, but unfortunately, it's happened to you.

You have run afoul of The Bachtere Clause MkII:

Bollocks. Well, let me edit that then.

EDIT: fixed. Moved Namelos down to 1 point and SRM up to 2.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
November Oath Complete

The Reflex is a lonely Servitor... unless there's 6 of them.

I think this counts as a Themed Group.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

In preparation for a December oath, just want to clarify some things. I want to oath 5 infantry and a vehicle as part of a themed group, is it ok if the infantry is primed in 1 colour, and the vehicle is unprimed/still on sprue?

I'll be wanting to paint the interior of the vehicle, but I'll be priming that a different colour and painting before construction so I'd have to oath it before it's built (right?).

e:

v Ah right, model specific rather than oath, thanks!

ijyt fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 28, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ijyt posted:

In preparation for a December oath, just want to clarify some things. I want to oath 5 infantry and a vehicle as part of a themed group, is it ok if the infantry is primed in 1 colour, and the vehicle is unprimed/still on sprue?

I'll be wanting to paint the interior of the vehicle, but I'll be priming that a different colour and painting before construction so I'd have to oath it before it's built (right?).

Sounds fine - each model can be only one color or unprimed so this is OK. The whole oath doesn't need to be primed all on color. You could have one model bare, one primed black, another unassembled, and another primed white and you'd be fine.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Oath Complete!

Tree bros represent!

Detectuv Jurnal

In honor of Movember, my treant gained a tree beard and a magnificent plant-stache. He's also got leafy gnome ears, now.

I'd liked how adorably puppy-like the treant's face looked before I added the mustache, but the alternate's ended up turning into 'pugilist grandpa'. I can live with that. :3:

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete

Infinity model on the right.

Does this count as facial "hair"?

Cause if not, this will have to.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Sole.Sushi posted:

Bollocks. Well, let me edit that then.

EDIT: fixed. Moved Namelos down to 1 point and SRM up to 2.
My super saturated Ultramarines thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete! I've misplaced my camera's cable, so here's some crappy cellphone pics.

These guys are a themed group

I'm claiming I rolled a six! for the Objective Markers/Banners

Journal

I think I'll call him The Mower

Trazyn the Infinite? No, no, you are mistaken. I am Nyzart the Eternal, who is definately a different person from this Trazyn and is most certainly not Trazyn in disguise.

• Locked thread