Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Sounds like someone's never heard of Coronation Street.

You loving piece of poo poo.

Richard was always my favourite. It's too bad he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

jsoh posted:

I feel like you all need a primer on how to poo poo properly if you take more than a couple minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP858-ME7Lg

you had me at rectal prolapse.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 22, 2013

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Tables you unbelievable poo poo!

And now I have to explain to my bro and friends that watch South Park what Wild Cards are and have them look at me blankly.

(Also never watched a full Coronation in my life, praise the Queen.)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

GRRM uses a modern computer, is really thin, doesn't have a creepy little girl laugh, and, even though they did get GRRM being a pedo and exposing himself to children right, his dick wasn't filled with turds.

3/10 Trey and Matt aren't true Wild Cards.

No but they did spoil Joffrey getting poisoned so I have to give them a little credit.

Otherwise yeah it was kind of dumb "there's lots of dongs* in Game of Thrones and Dany doesn't actually do anything**" stuff.

* like 2?
** if they only knew.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
I remember a long time ago, back in high school, I wrote a grrm-fic that involved him enslaving children and throwing himself into a tub of lemoncake crumbs. I showed it to my friend Luke, who shook his head. Lo-and-behold, a time later, he told me that he was browsing a pokemon forum and clicked on a link in someone's signature that lead to my story.

I always wondered, was that you IRQ?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

I keep my DS in the bathroom so I can pretend to be an ace attorney while I defecate.

OBJECTION! *splash*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

I remember a long time ago, back in high school, I wrote a grrm-fic that involved him enslaving children and throwing himself into a tub of lemoncake crumbs. I showed it to my friend Luke, who shook his head. Lo-and-behold, a time later, he told me that he was browsing a pokemon forum and clicked on a link in someone's signature that lead to my story.

The truth always finds a way :allears:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I came back to read this thread again after six months away.

I think the thing that surprised me most was that new people keep wandering in here.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
WTF is up with this new thread title? Change it back to ADWD.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Creepy or not?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Cornwind Evil posted:

I came back to read this thread again after six months away.

I think the thing that surprised me most was that new people keep wandering in here.

We get attracted by the hype for the new book. Must be due out any time now, right?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Aston posted:

We get attracted by the hype for the new book. Must be due out any time now, right?
It's been out for almost an entire month.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Cardiac posted:

Creepy or not?

One's mind is rapidly declining yet continually writes really awesome stuff. The other is a gurm.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terry Pratchett is so much better of an author that around 37 years ago he literally ejaculated and ended up creating a better author than GRRM.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Guy knows how to properly rock a beard as well. Not a sparse mass of pubic hair.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

The first amazon review posted:

I received this as a gift from a well intentioned relative, who I think once heard me talking about the ASoIaF books. I therefore feel guilty for having indirectly contributed to the quagmire of largesse and creative bankruptcy GRRM is currently floundering in.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Change title to Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister please.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I had a poutine for lunch smothered in jalapenos and Frank's Red Hot. Later this evening, I too will be singing the Song of rear end and Fire :unsmith:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cardiac posted:

Creepy or not?

There is literally no comparison between Terry Pratchett and GURRM aside from the regular human stuff like "they both have limbs"

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

This retarded new TT is going to make me feel dirty every time I post in this thread. I mean, even more so than usual.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Fog Tripper posted:

Guy knows how to properly rock a beard as well. Not a sparse mass of pubic hair.

GRRM really has the worst beard, either he just thinks that as GRRM he ought to sport a beard or he's hiding something far worse beneath.

Which is it I wonder.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Shoehead posted:

There is literally no comparison between Terry Pratchett and GURRM aside from the regular human stuff like "they both have limbs"

They both wrote books!

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Elyv posted:

They both wrote books!

As in one has written 40 books in 30 years despite a debilitating disease, whereas the other has struggled to get out 2 books in 10 years without a debilitating disease. Is shitdick debilitating or inspirating? The ending of ADWD leaves me wondering.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

ADWD ends on Varys killing Pycelle and Kevan Lannister, which was pretty cool.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Eh, I kinda thought him having all his little birds stab Kevan to death was a bit silly.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
It's pretty telling that westeros.org has a "Game of Thrones news" section, but no "A Song of Ice and Fire news" section.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

whowhatwhere posted:

Eh, I kinda thought him having all his little birds stab Kevan to death was a bit silly.

It's symbolic imagery of a flock of birds pecking him to death.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

I had a poutine for lunch smothered in jalapenos and Frank's Red Hot. Later this evening, I too will be singing the Song of rear end and Fire :unsmith:

I'm so glad our Canadian brothers have franks red hot, its pretty baller for pizza too, tapatio first, cholula second for eggs tho

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Cardiac posted:

Creepy or not?

Has Pratchett's Alzheimer's killed him yet?

It should have been you, GRRM. It should have been you.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I guess that's what passes for spicy up there? Shameful.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

IRQ posted:

I guess that's what passes for spicy up there? Shameful.

Nah, but I don't eat tons of spicy food, it's just a guilty pleasure once in a while which my rear end in a top hat doesn't endure often enough to build a tolerance. (This poutine also had macaroni and cheese on it, yum.)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

(This poutine also had macaroni and cheese on it, yum.)

OUT

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Hey, the same shop offers a poutine with peas, diced chicken, tandoori mayonnaisse, and I want to say corn, but I'm not sure. Been a while. Also one with pulled pork, bacon, and sausage.

And two with nacho chips on top. It's loving awesome. :kheldragar:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Finally saw rear end and Fire, and it was wonderful. Somehow I wasn't expecting a three-parter, but of course that's :thejoke:

Odds on Kenny/Dany making GBS threads next episode?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Cardiac posted:

As in one has written 40 books in 30 years despite a debilitating disease, whereas the other has struggled to get out 2 books in 10 years without a debilitating disease. Is shitdick debilitating or inspirating? The ending of ADWD leaves me wondering.

Yea, I would never claim that they're authors of the same caliber.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nah, but I don't eat tons of spicy food, it's just a guilty pleasure once in a while which my rear end in a top hat doesn't endure often enough to build a tolerance. (This poutine also had macaroni and cheese on it, yum.)

Ok, I'm on board with poutine, but mac and cheese (sorry, I believe your folk call it Kraft Dinner) on it? What the hell?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
That sound gently caress nasty, the hell is that poo poo ?? My t-giving was hella rad, That neep casserole poo poo, that pedo on parole poo poo, dat payin jersey tolls poo poo, uh huh honey,

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

IRQ posted:

Ok, I'm on board with poutine, but mac and cheese (sorry, I believe your folk call it Kraft Dinner) on it? What the hell?

Only terrible people refer to mac and cheese reflexively as KD. They are the worst kind of wrong, because Kraft Dinner is barely edible tripe. This is real mac and cheese, with creamy homemade sauce.

They also put chili on top if you want.

It contains beans. :can:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
George R. R. Martin's creamy homemade sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Update on your bowel movements please