Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

"Haha something something z3n long-rear end posts to THAT!" - nsap

Just pre-empting things so we can bitch about idiot drivers some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsap is some bizarro reverse-zen. He posts more than zen, but it's all just complaints about how much zen posts.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
What the hell are you all talking about? I assumed there was more to the story than 'he inched up'... What does z3n have to do with anything?

Y'all have a few drinks with your turkey?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

nsap is some bizarro reverse-zen. He posts more than zen, but it's all just complaints about how much zen posts.

It's the inverse z3n rule.

Content: on the way to work today I split up to a red light and a short while later a guy on a Harley (not sure what kind, had three headlights) came up behind me. So I moved a few feet forward and to the side so he wasn't stuck between the cars when the light turned green. When the light DID turn green he decided to try to race me to the left-turning on-ramp. On my right. I didn't even realise he was trying to race me until I glanced to the side and found him dead even with me. It had just finished raining an hour prior and he nearly crashed when I entered the ramp (the ramp is basically a sharp 270 degree banked bend).

I say nearly crashed because I glanced in my mirror and he was upright and heading for the barrier.

I drive on the left in case this doesn't make sense.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

In my years of posting here not once did it ever cross my mind that zee-three-en was supposed to be 'zen'

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Sagebrush posted:

BMW SUV drivers are the loving worst. Today, a woman in an X5 tried to share the highway acceleration lane with me :psyduck: The acceleration lane is fed from two onramps that merge just as the lane starts; I was in the left one, ahead of her by about two car lengths, and she was in the right and behind. I kept to the left of the lane in order to prevent people merging into me from the highway. I passed the merge point, and just as I was just reaching freeway speed about halfway up the lane, I saw the nose of her car appear immediately to my right in my peripheral vision. She was literally beside me in the single acceleration lane, and going way beyond matching the highway speed -- she was still speeding up.

So, since I didn't feel like getting into a race with an idiot like that and I don't really have the power to extend and disengage safely anyway, I backed off a little bit, checked left, moved over and let her cut me off. She didn't signal to merge, didn't touch her brakes, didn't acknowledge my existence, kept on accelerating to I'd guess about 85 (the limit is 60). Five hundred feet down the road she slammed on her brakes and immediately started tailgating the car in front of her.

I hate BMW SUV drivers so much.

e: she had a baby on board tag in the window too

I feel your pain. I too hate bmw SUV drivers. Last close call I had was with an X5.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

In my years of posting here not once did it ever cross my mind that zee-three-en was supposed to be 'zen'

Really?

[Img-themoreyouknow]

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol just saw this post.

You three are funny.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Y'all need to post more, #5 with a post a day, shameful

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

Lol just saw this post.

You three are funny.

CA actually gets forum stats now? We never used to.

Maybe it just seems like you post a lot since your posting is so terrible it stays in our minds

:dukedog:

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Slavvy posted:

Lane splitting story

I rode in CA for 17 years, and miss lane splitting. But as much as I look forward to the day it becomes legal in TX (came close a couple of years ago), I also dread it. I can see too many idiots taking my gliding past them at a whole 10 mph is a challenge to a duel is not something to look forward to.

Won't stop me from doing it, though.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

CA actually gets forum stats now? We never used to.

Maybe it just seems like you post a lot since your posting is so terrible it stays in our minds

:dukedog:

Yeah sure that must be it.

Meanwhile it's nice to know that y'alls jimmies are rustled enough that I can get a response from you as if I was trolling. I was just curious if Sagebrush smoked him off the line and left him in the dust or if Nissan dude took off. Sheds some light on who spent money on my avatar :)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

Meanwhile it's nice to know that y'alls jimmies are rustled enough that I can get a response from you as if I was trolling. I was just curious if Sagebrush smoked him off the line and left him in the dust or if Nissan dude took off. Sheds some light on who spent money on my avatar :)

Awww lookit you gettin all defensy.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

nsaP posted:

I was kinda curious what happened too.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
...right....I was right before with the alcohol and turkey assumption cause you make no sense. You're also not helping your claim that I'm the poo poo poster.

But that possibility of 3 people who bought my avatar just got narrowed down to one. Thanks, sweetie :forkbomb:

ed:talking to Jimmy of course

nsaP fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 29, 2013

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

...right....I was right before with the alcohol and turkey assumption cause you make no sense. You're also not helping your claim that I'm the poo poo poster.

But that possibility of 3 people who bought my avatar just got narrowed down to one. Thanks, sweetie :forkbomb:

ed:talking to Jimmy of course

Yeah, that wasnt me. For starters I have no idea who that guy in your av is, nor have i ever purchased an av for anyone but myself, but it is funny to see you get all flustered about people calling out your low content posting.

~Look within yourself~ and I think you will see it is your jimmies that are rustled.

We are in the ranting thread, so go nuts.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Dudes. All of yous. Shut up.

This is a post ranting about how people aren't ranting about bieks.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
People that cut the wiring harness up and try to loving solder poo poo in are goddamn retarded and deserve a special place in hell. At least an uncut harness was only $50 on eBay. gently caress.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Snowdens Secret posted:

...zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance.
http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Art-Motorcycle-Maintenance-Inquiry/dp/0060589469

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I read the book ages ago and even after Phat Albert called him zen that didn't pop to mind.

If someone was going to wax poetic about fixing up an old BMW I'd expect it to be RevDrMo anyway

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

nsaP posted:

Lol just saw this post.

You three are funny.

I like all the posters on this list

I like all CA posters :angel:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nsaP posted:

I was just curious if Sagebrush smoked him off the line and left him in the dust or if Nissan dude took off. Sheds some light on who spent money on my avatar :)

Bugdrvr posted:

I was kinda curious what happened too.

No, that was the end of the story. I was just commenting on the guy who was so upset at the idea of a motorcycle splitting beside him that he first blocked me off, then crept illegally into the intersection and made a dolt of himself in order to ensure that I didn't beat him again. I figured that was clear and that you were just making a sarcastic comment but it may not be a very clear or interesting story.

I didn't buy your avatar, nsaP. I have never bought anyone an avatar or BRCT.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Good to see there's a growing consensus about how terrible X5 drivers are! That's the 4th or 5th post so far in this thread alone.

X6, but the idea's the same:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UwOBKSHl-c

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 29, 2013

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

I read the book ages ago and even after Phat Albert called him zen that didn't pop to mind.

I have to ask, how did you pronounce his name in your head (since no one should ever be saying forums names out loud), just "z three n"?

Xovaan posted:

I like all the posters on this list

I like all CA posters :angel:

Same, I jimmy rustle because I love

So, HOW BOUT THEM BIKES?!?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How about a rant for the fuckers who say they'll buy your bike and then flake out at the last minute without telling you, forcing you to contact them to see if they're still coming but "Oh, no, I don't think I'll buy your bike now." ?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Snowdens Secret posted:

If someone was going to wax poetic about fixing up an old BMW I'd expect it to be RevDrMo anyway
The guy actually had nearly the same model bike as me. But I heard the book sucked.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

How about a rant for the fuckers who say they'll buy your bike and then flake out at the last minute without telling you, forcing you to contact them to see if they're still coming but "Oh, no, I don't think I'll buy your bike now." ?

There should be a legal loophole to allow you to hunt those people for sport. I got like 10 of those people when I sold my old drz. The guy who finally bought it listed it for sale on Craigslist the next day. I messaged him to see what was up. His answer? "The street tires on it suck in the mud".

:psypop:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have to ask, how did you pronounce his name in your head (since no one should ever be saying forums names out loud), just "z three n"?

Same, I jimmy rustle because I love

You sober up?

Sagebrush posted:

No, that was the end of the story. I was just commenting on the guy who was so upset at the idea of a motorcycle splitting beside him that he first blocked me off, then crept illegally into the intersection and made a dolt of himself in order to ensure that I didn't beat him again. I figured that was clear and that you were just making a sarcastic comment but it may not be a very clear or interesting story.

I didn't buy your avatar, nsaP. I have never bought anyone an avatar or BRCT.

Usually stories like that end dramatically once the light goes green, I was expecting something like that is all.

I don't post much ranting in this thread because I have the rest of the forum for that. That and I've spent enough miles on the road to achieve 'zen rider' (not z3n!) status. I've seen it before, so it doesn't bother me.

But, my favorite thing used to be cursing at dumb cars with slang from the sopranos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBeY46HDj6A

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

I recently sold a bike on E-bay. I must've gotten a dozen e-mails asking where the bike was located, even though the city was listed in the header information, the body of the description, and the video I posted of the bike. People offering $900 for a bike that had an asking price of $10,000 (I eventually sold it for $8,000), and one guy who wanted to know if he could just buy the tachometer and saddle bags off the bike. WTF?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Recently exchanged emails with a very annoying guy about an old BMW we had for sale. He wrote emails like you'd expect an eccentric used car salesman from the south to talk. With random font size changes and spelling/grammatical errors. He beat around the bush asking questions about it for the longest time, talking about arranging shipping which we discussed and then he said he said he was going to have a friend pick it up. Talked on and on about things that were clearly just filler conversation, deliberately wasting text as if he thought it would drive the price down. "Well you know with the winter coming up the bike may be dreaming about heading down south for the winter and we shall see if it gets a nice trip south now huh?" Made incorrect statements about the mechanical layout of the bike in an effort to talk the price down suggesting we hadn't done maintenance that it might need. I corrected him and he says, "my understanding of the design is a bit different, but that's neither here nor there, <more meaningless text>." No, your understanding isn't different, it's wrong, dipshit. After all that crap I finally got an offer out of him, we didn't like it, but sales were poo poo this year so we said we'd just take it. He never responded.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

Fuuuuuck YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Those people need to die. How can they possibly make a meaningful contribution to society? I feel old when I look at the state of the music industry, at what's on TV, and at what people wear and get baffled. But this poo poo blows everything else out of the water. Why do they do this??! What could they possibly hope to achieve? It happens often enough that there should be some sort of clinical classification for it so they can go get treatment.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I've picked up several bikes for cheap that way.
The last one I call the seller up and ask if the bike is still for sale. He says yes, it's at so and so address and then hangs up without another word.

I show up an hour later and he's surprised as hell that there is someone at his house.
I then get to hear how he's wasted his entire weekend waiting for people "who were on their way right now to buy it".
People are assholes.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
I had the exact same experience with my DRZ when i bought it, the guy was surprised that a: I showed up, b: I showed up with money in my pocket.
I couldnt understand why anyone would bother saying they're coming to see a bike then not show but I'm a bike hoarder so i've never actually sold any of the bikes i've bought (they just sit in my shed getting stripped for parts over time)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The guy actually had nearly the same model bike as me. But I heard the book sucked.

It's an extremely misleading title. It's a book of theoretical philosophy that opens most chapters with a little anecdote about riding a motorcycle across the USA, but only uses it to introduce whatever new philosophical concept the author wants to talk about.

And the author had a Dream 305. The author's yuppie buddy is the one with a BMW.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

y... yes?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

I actually hate that book. Just coincidence. * joke about long, meandering book and my posts *

But the z-three-n thing is way more common than I thought it'd be when I started using this screen name. Most of those people just shortened it to "Z" though.

Also I just realized if I stopped posting today it'd still take years for me to drop out of the #1 spot. :shobon:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 30, 2013

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zee three en you are forever number one in our hearts :glomp:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You're a weird weirdo. Maybe it's a kids-these-days thing and older people are less likely to mentally substitute letters for numbers?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I typed like that all the time when I was twelve and still pronounce it "Zee Three En".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pope Mobile posted:

I typed like that all the time when I was twelve and still pronounce it "Zee Three En".

Did you have a cellphone when you were twelve? Serious question because that's what I'm basing my halfbaked pseudoscience on.