Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

House really spiraled into the shitter, I don't see why you'd want another show like that.

The pilot is the best episode of House, other than the atrocious color correction that they dropped by the second episode. The second best episode is Three Stories or whichever it is toward the end of season one. And I guess season 3 of House in general is okay-ish. But everything season four on is just stale repetition of the formula spiced up with stupid melodrama.

But then I hate all formulaic procedurals, and yet they tend to be massively popular, I guess, so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

"Sisko, don't take a half-measure when a full one would work better."

*Sisko runs over two jem'hadar with the Defiant then shoots a vorta in the head*

"You said no half-measures."

No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Kasidy. I am the danger. A guy answers a hail and gets torpedoed and you think that of me? No. I am the one who hails!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kelvron posted:

Nog's coming! Yo, Nog's coming!

Nah, Garak's more like Omar.

Nog would be Mikey.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

1st AD posted:

A Star Trek sitcom would own. Not a CBS sitcom tho
Deep Space Nine-Nine.
Don't Trust the B____ on Deck 23.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Otisburg posted:

No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Kasidy. I am the danger. A guy answers a hail and gets torpedoed and you think that of me? No. I am the one who hails!

Pffft.

Sisko: Couple weeks from now, you're gonna be on some starship somewhere with 11 or 12 uniforms looking to you for everything. And some of them are gonna be good ensigns. Some of them are gonna be young and stupid. A few are gonna be pieces of poo poo. But all of them will take their cue from you. You show loyalty, they learn loyalty. You show them it's about the work, it'll be about the work. You show them some other kinda game, then that's the game they'll play. I came on in the Livingston, and there was a piece-of-poo poo lieutenant hoping to be a captain, piece-of-poo poo sergeants hoping to be lieutenants. Pretty soon we had piece-of-poo poo crewmen trying to figure the job for themselves. And some of what happens then is hard as hell to live down. Comes a day you're gonna have to decide whether it's about you or about the work.

Garak: How you expect to run with the targs come night, when you spend all day sparring wit' the puppies?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Slamhound posted:

Deep Space Nine-Nine.

I would watch the hell out of Terry Crews as a Klingon.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Apple Jax posted:

It's kinda lame to rehash the end of Wrath of Khan when the only leg it has to stand on is "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". In Wrath of Khan, Spock's death tied together with all the other themes being used in the movie.

I'm just saying it's terribly lazy, you keep saying that "If Trek is going to come back in any meaningful way, it's going to have to be bold and different to fit today's paradigms." then, why did they reuse an old script? Why did they reuse the same death sequence? It's poor lazy writing and if Trek needs to be "bold and different" maybe they should have come up with a new fresh idea rather then using a crutch of relying on an old script?

I'm still convinced if threy had just let Kirk die in the end of into darkness, the boldness of it would have made up for all of the stupid poo poo that came before it, because at least it would mean the show had ONE daring move up its sleeve.

Of course that'd mean the only comeback would be either "The search for kirk" which uh, yeah that'd be bonkers. Or JJ TNG, which I'm not sure if I could cope with at all. Though they could probably just drop stewart into the role because that old motherfucker apparently is immune from ageing, was probably born a balding middle age guy and will die at the age of 200 still middle age.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

That's Patrick Stewart in 1979.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Patrick Stewart is forever.

FOR

EV

ER

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Edit: Internet lied to me

Gonz fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 29, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gonz posted:

The most dashing 20-something sumbitch in the galaxy.

What does Andy Whitfield have to do with this?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oh motherfucker.

That looked a lot more like a young Stewart on my phone screen.

What a fool I am.

DISREGARD.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Here:

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I refuse to believe thats not a wig. He was born 40 years old and bald.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

duck monster posted:

I refuse to believe thats not a wig. He was born 40 years old and bald.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They're all rugs, Stewart went bald in like high school.

and so did the shat

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
We've missed the obvious: The Weyoun Chronicles.

Each week would end with Weyoun getting his neck snapped by Worf.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Mister Kingdom posted:

We've missed the obvious: The Weyoun Chronicles.

Each week would end with Weyoun getting his neck snapped by Worf.

My Clone Dads, a young Jem'Hadar being raised by Weyoun and Iggy Pop Vorta with Worf as the cranky next door neighbour.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

C and S were spotted in the thoroughfare on deck 3, C's human emotions getting the better of her while S is appropriately stoic and unfeeling. Is there subspace turbulence in their relationship's warp field?

K seen leaving R's quarters after yet another 'transporter malfunction'. B grows suspicious, as maintenance logs do not show signs of magnetic contamination which could explain such behaviour.

Illogical expressions of affection, Gossip Vulcan.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ensign, Tribbles are not to be toyed with!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

My Clone Dads, a young Jem'Hadar being raised by Weyoun and Iggy Pop Vorta with Worf as the cranky next door neighbour.

Look how they mow their lawn! They are without honor!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

I would not settle for anything else than an entire medical staff of cloned Karl Urbans.

This but only one McCoy and all the rest are Judge Dredd.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

One McCoy, one Julius Caesar, one Cupid, one Eomer, one Grimm, and then 800 Joseph Dredds.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Vagabundo posted:

Nah, Garak's more like Omar.

Nog would be Mikey.

You're right. But what would he be whistling?

Plump and Ready
Jan 28, 2009
Let's be real if the Wire is happening in Star Trek it has to be cardassian centric, which means Garak would be the bunk.

QVC Drinking Game
Jun 23, 2005

MrMo posted:

Let's be real if the Wire is happening in Star Trek it has to be cardassian centric, which means Garak would be the bunk.

Dukat would make a spectacular Clay Davis.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Voyager pilot is makin' me angry. I guess Janeway was too concerned with getting her one crew member back that all first contact/prime directive protocols are neglected with what, three four new races? Their interactions with the Kazon were just plain dumb. Janeway is exasperated when the Kazon start firing on Voyager even though she and her crew basically taunted the Kazon with the water. Naturally they'd want to chase them down for the replicator technology. Ugh. Also, Kes's haircut is stupid. I'm going to hate Voyager, aren't I? :saddowns:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

apophenium posted:

I'm going to hate Voyager, aren't I? :saddowns:

I'm not going to lie to you - it's gonna hurt.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrneM9tb7w4

Ou eh dere berriez?! Dans le biblioteque.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

apophenium posted:

Voyager pilot is makin' me angry. I guess Janeway was too concerned with getting her one crew member back that all first contact/prime directive protocols are neglected with what, three four new races? Their interactions with the Kazon were just plain dumb. Janeway is exasperated when the Kazon start firing on Voyager even though she and her crew basically taunted the Kazon with the water. Naturally they'd want to chase them down for the replicator technology. Ugh. Also, Kes's haircut is stupid. I'm going to hate Voyager, aren't I? :saddowns:

Why are you even watching Voyager? Is it for the sake of completion? If that's the case, you don't have to listen to what Aaron the Childfucker says, you know.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Just a friendly reminder for those who don't know: AAtrek was banned because he repeatedly raped a girl he was babysitting.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
The TV IVStar Trek: If you watch VOY, You are a Child Fucker

I say go ahead and watch VOY. If you get through that, you can get through any Trek easily. The only exception to that is maybe Nemesis.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm watching it all, there's bound to be a few good episodes in there somewhere. I'm watching it concurrently with DS9 in broadcast order which will probably elevate my opinion DS9 even more.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

apophenium posted:

I'm watching it all, there's bound to be a few good episodes in there somewhere.

Ahaha

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 30, 2013

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

There's like 5

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
voyager is the worst series but if you like star trek you should watch it anyway. all True trek fans will watch every episode :twisted:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Gau posted:

Ahahahaahahahahahahahahahhhahahaaa....

Let the man dream.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
The worst part of Voyager is having friends who know you as "The Star Trek Fan" and every time you see them they want to talk about a Voyager episode they saw recently which they ~LOVED~.

On one hand, you want to tell them Voyager is pretty awful and want to go into detail why, but on the other you don't want to sound like a spergy rear end in a top hat and discourage them from talking to you about Trek.

Freaking Voyager.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

apophenium posted:

I'm watching it all, there's bound to be a few good episodes in there somewhere.

7 seasons of 20-odd episodes each and the good (by Voyager standards) episodes can be counted on one hand. It's really not worth it.

apophenium posted:

I'm watching it concurrently with DS9 in broadcast order which will probably elevate my opinion DS9 even more.

Mate, DS9 is a fine enough series that can be enjoyed enough without resorting to such cheap trickery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the true secret to liking Enterprise is to watch all of Voyager first?

• Locked thread