Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh god, Hope's Peak Fight Night. This is not going to go well.

Ibuki has cemented herself as my favourite character now.

Weird parallels to Sakura duelling Monobear in the first game, here. Owari might not die outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
That was my favorite post in a long time. Such a lovely song. Ibuki really put a lot of effort into those vocal tracks!

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Oh man, I think I just spent five minutes laughing from this image alone.

zetsubous
Feb 19, 2013
"I Had Fun Giving Birth But Don't Know Who the Father Is" is a song that needs to actually exist. Bless you, Ibuki. You are now the favorite child.

I have really not been enjoying Mikan up until this point, but for some reason I was really touched by the depth of feeling she showed over Saionji's "reconciliation" with Kuzuryuu. I think it's partly that so much of her characterization has seemed wrapped up in her own shame and anxiety that it's very rare to me that she actually seems to show real feelings about other people that have nothing to do with her.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Son Conan posted:

Oh man, I think I just spent five minutes laughing from this image alone.

Souda finds himself in a Junji Ito manga.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
She's been pushing herself up the ranks recently, but man, Ibuki might just be my favourite character now. That was incredible.

We do get to hear that second song right?

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

All this stuff going on, and how long it's been since the second trial, I can't help but think we'll be stumbling across a body soon.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Since Ibuki's name is a pastiche of the band members from K-On, I'm guessing that was their teacher's influence showing up.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...So, I feel like Ibuki's tripping death flags left and right here. But we'll see what happens. I really doubt things are going to be as simple as "Owari challenges Monobear, gets gunned the gently caress down," either.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Sakura directly challenge Monobear and didn't get gunned down. I guess challenges to personal combat with the robot (as opposed to with the actual controller of the moment) is considered okay, as long as it's a martial art's duel instead of negligent disrespect. Or maybe Junko just wanted to kill her twin for any little excuse, so she could feel the despair of grief and get off on it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Saionji's reaction to the music was great.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Why would the game allow you to skip such a thing of beauty?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Everyone except Owari is presently accounted for, right? I was honestly expecting a murder to occur during that song.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Sorry wrong thread.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

orenronen posted:

"Hajimemashita"
A common greeting with twisted tense AND a pun on Hinata's first name? Ibuki continues to impress me.
Actually do you think Hinata got teased all the time with the "Hajimemashite" greeting while growing up? It seems like something a lot of young kids might find funny.

EDIT: Fedule you deserve an award for your localization of that song.

EDIT2:
Hey waaaaait a second, where's Kuzuryuu's eyepatch?

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 29, 2013

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Ibuki is my new favourite character after this by far. Too bad she's got to be toast after all this character development.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Death Metal Ibuki is fantastic. She's even better than I had thought.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
I don't even like death metal, and that song was amazing. :allears:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Huh. Souda was kind of giving me metalhead vibes before. Guess I read him wrong v:v:v

This does kind of explain Ibuki's stiches-tattoo thing, though!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I don't know why I wasn't expecting something like that. I should know better by now.

Never change, Ibuki :allears:

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

Ibuki's music is so good it makes people hyperrealistic. Why I almost thought we were reading a creepypasta of a haunted version of DR2.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Fedule, that's some amazing rewriting of the lyrics. Bravo.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.

Alberenza
Mar 28, 2013
I'm fairly sure Souda's reaction to the song would have scared me more had it not been similar to my reaction.
I suppose art is not always representative of the artist.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

orenronen posted:

Here we go, our next song: "I Had Fun Giving Birth But I Don't Know Who the Father Is"!

Just when you thought Ibuki couldn't get any better. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 29, 2013

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

El Generico posted:

Ibuki is my new favourite character after this by far. Too bad she's got to be toast after all this character development.

Don't say that when she just abruptly made me care about her survival :negative:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Captain Oblivious posted:

Don't say that when she just abruptly made me care about her survival :negative:

I hate to say it, but I agree. She's tripping death flags all over the place. And she's been acting really weird this chapter too. And is it just me or has Sonia sort of stopped existing lately?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Suddenly I truly understand despair.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

I have to admit, I didn't think "creative differences" implied "Death Metal".

Lyrics + Localization were great, but uh, death metal isn't for me.

Great update. Looks like next time we'll see how monobear tries to drive a wedge into the group, probably.

I mean, this cast at least seems pretty tight right now, But uh....If Owari's going to actually challenge monobear...she might die.

Like Mukuro/Junko, except Owari's probably not the Master Mind this time.

Joenen fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 30, 2013

Facetious Jim
Dec 13, 2009
That song was closer to thrash in actual composition than it was death metal. The lyrics were pretty death metal though.

I really hope Ibuki lives, but at the same time if she is destined to die I hope she dies as a murderer and not a victim, because after that performance her execution scene would have to be awesome as gently caress.

Facetious Jim fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 30, 2013

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Ramengank posted:

Hey waaaaait a second, where's Kuzuryuu's eyepatch?

Obviously the song was so metal that it blew right off his face.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

orenronen posted:

Nice to have met you!

Get it? Ibuki used the perfect tense to describe an event that’s already taken place!

It's like she's actively spitting in the face of translators. I know I hated it when Latin deliberately used the wrong tense.
Or... wait, I might be reading it wrong. Using the perfect tense to describe an event that's already taken place is the right tense. I guess it's just Ibuki being weird and using the "first meeting" greeting for someone she already knows?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ibuki has just cemented her position as my favorite character in this game. That was amazing.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I am really glad I took Oren's advice and sat through the whole song before continuing on. If Ibuki dies, I hope we get to raid her room for demo tapes.

LingeringDoubt
Sep 3, 2011

Good Grief

curiousTerminal posted:

It's like she's actively spitting in the face of translators. I know I hated it when Latin deliberately used the wrong tense.
Or... wait, I might be reading it wrong. Using the perfect tense to describe an event that's already taken place is the right tense. I guess it's just Ibuki being weird and using the "first meeting" greeting for someone she already knows?

Yes, she's basically saying it was a pleasure to meet him when she met him several days ago (or however much time has passed in game). It's perhaps a bit odd from an etiquette perspective, but I don't think it breaks any grammar rules.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Are Souda's eyes bleeding or trying to eat themselves?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
With all the hoopla about the song I was just expecting it to be terrible, boy was I wrong. :allears:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Am I the only one that got a bit of an Arch Enemy vibe from that song?

And that second title sounds like it came straight from Maury Povich.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Ibuki has captured the very essence of Indie J-rock, that was amazing :allears:

Her bandmates were chumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Playing actually good death metal instead of cutesy anime J-Pop? So this is why Ibuki is Super High School Level!

• Locked thread