Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Someone in SFD got the exploding enemies instability for Shaman, they managed to beat it but the infused shaman must have been intense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Everyone here should know that Cletus/Visidian/Clankus von Funpolice has just purchased 250 Black Lion Keys.

e:

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 30, 2013

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I exchanged around 2000 gold, a mere pittance.

EDIT: Aww yeah got a cavalier ascended chest drop in a lvl 19 frac.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 30, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Last night was the best. Swiss needs to play this game more.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Visidan posted:

They said they'd either shorten it or make it so it came last. They made it come last but they need to know it ain't enough.

I'm not very experienced with fractals, how does making it last help?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

There are so many problems with Dredge fractal but one of my least favorite is the infinite spawnrate. Encounters are hosed up when you can't ever be done with them. Infinitely spawning clowncar objects are fine if they can be destroyed to stop the spawning, that's encounter design 101 going back like 20 years.

Raziel 0128
Feb 18, 2011

Visidan posted:

There is some kind of upgrade remover that has been datamined. Anyway, sell em all they aint needed and clearly are just some test for a future fractal update I doubt many will go past +10.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/fractured/You-opinion-about-Dredge/ Post your thoughts on dredge, the devs read and respond these days. The mob health reduction is nice but personally I think they should cut it in two and get rid of the infinite spawns and let us destroy the car.

:siren: Whining Below: :siren:
They're read it, read that it's almost universally despised, that people would go to great lengths to avoid it or glitch through it. That people dread it, that it's filled with frustrations and difficulty, that it's far more annoying and long than any other fractal. That you can do 3 fractals in the same length of time. They don't care in the slightest they did what I feared and that was stick their head in the sand and "bug fix" and think that the new fractal rewards justifies the punishment that is the dredge fractal. Yes, 1 gold 30 for an hour of 4 fractals (Swamp, Colossus, Dredge, Mai Trin - they were wrong of course you can get both) versus 1 gold 26 for CoF Path 1.

Rather than looking at the problem of why people hate it, why people exploit it they just fold their arms and prevent you from doing so and act like it's perfectly fine. It's abundantly clear no one on the team has ever done the old 48 with its way out of line scaling and frustration and walked away thinking it was "fun.". I'd be surprised if more than one or two people on their team could even do that fractal considering their last live-stream. The loot is relatively poor considering what I could spend that 30-40 minutes doing to make more of a profit and not hate myself doing it.

I didn't really notice a health reduction in the mobs what are we comparing here the old 48 to the new 30 or the old 30 to the new 30 or the lowest fractal scales where dredge is vaguely tolerable.

That they did a fractal update, claimed to rework the old overly difficult or poorly balanced fractals and then it's revealed all the dredge got was more fixes to make it even more of a pain in the rear end is frankly insulting. And of course the odd masochist crawls out of the woodwork on the official forums to defend it afraid it might make casuals more accessible or that they'd just so good at the game they can do it in record time with no wipes and is therefore fine. Yeah me too. It's utterly terrible, you're in denial.

I liked the suggestion that difficult fractals should come first not third when you're tired, but they won't do that because they know people would just roll to avoid dredge and not once question why that might be.

As for extra damage on flank mistlock I'm sure that's buggy.

I was definitely facing Bloomhunger at the time, at the old scale 48 that attack hit for about 16-19k on me.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Best class for solo ability?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Raziel 0128 posted:

As for extra damage on flank mistlock I'm sure that's buggy.

I was definitely facing Bloomhunger at the time, at the old scale 48 that attack hit for about 16-19k on me.

Entangle sounds like an AOE. With that instability you take extra for it being from the side and the rear, so 4x damage. It made the spike traps on cliffside deadly and Main Trin's laser phase...well, not much room for mistakes.

Raziel 0128
Feb 18, 2011

shrach posted:

Entangle sounds like an AOE. With that instability you take extra for it being from the side and the rear, so 4x damage. It made the spike traps on cliffside deadly and Main Trin's laser phase...well, not much room for mistakes.

I suspect you're right, it's basically binding roots which attacks from all sides. That seems like the sort of obvious problem they didn't think of. There were a few more instances of damage seeming way too high whilst facing an enemy but I didn't get many screenshots, I'll test it some more.

I don't even notice the agony during that barrage it's effectively death if you get hit anyway. It feels like the lighting for that has changed at least it's easier for me to see the red rings. Though as I mentioned before if you stand anywhere near this section in the middle of the room during the barrage you get teleported into the middle usually right on top of overlapping AoE.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

ShadowMoo posted:

Best class for solo ability?

Solo what? PvE, WvWPvE, or PvP?

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
Is there even a reason to mess with these +1 agony infusions? It seems like it would be easier to sell them and just get +5 versatile simple infusions from the golem dude.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Is there even a reason to mess with these +1 agony infusions? It seems like it would be easier to sell them and just get +5 versatile simple infusions from the golem dude.

If you're geared out (infused pinks where possible, normal pinks otherwise) and you just slap a +5 in everything you'll have 55 AR. That is more than enough AR to survive agony being thrown at you all the way up to 49. You will even be able to survive a hit of agony at 50 and be left with 10% of your health.

Unless you feel a dying need to be right on the top of that non-existent leaderboard, just sell the infusions and make bank off all the rich idiots who are frantically gluing them together.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
pVe

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
https://soundcloud.com/scarletbriar/dragons

Goddamnit...

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The only good thing, THE ONLY GOOD THING, that could come from this is that a dragon awakens and just completely stomps Scarlet as a after thought.

sound_again
Jun 19, 2012
How is that clip actually associated with the game? Was it "datamined?" Is it you doing a good Scarlet impression?

metacorder
Dec 7, 2007

last of the uplift gnarssh
Speaking of, how accurate has the datamining been? I know there are items that people have found months ago that still aren't in game yet, but what sort of things have actually been datamined correctly? The reason I ask is that I read a dev post regarding speculation vs "insider trading" and they hinted at having a solution to "insider trading" - my initial thought was seeding the commonly datamined stuff with false positives.

Edit: I understand that any voice over audio files probably aren't faked.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Mizuti posted:

I've decided to hold a small Thanksgiving contest.

My Necromancer main, Funmaster KItten. I play almost exclusively as him and I did nothing to change him for the contest. He has a lucky charms wand :)

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
Is it worth buying that salvage-o-matic thing? I've got 600 gems laying around an no idea what to spend it on. I could just trade it for 35 gold I guess, but I'm wondering if the convenience of the salvage machine is worth the cost, since it's on sale today.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BexGu posted:

The only good thing, THE ONLY GOOD THING, that could come from this is that a dragon awakens and just completely stomps Scarlet as a after thought.

"It was simple enough, really, a few Molten thumpers on the ley lines was all it took to contaminate the magic with my toxic spores. After that, the dragons were happy to do my bidding! I'll leave you to fight my scariest champion, they call him the Shatterer, but I think that name is icky, why not Henry?

Later tater!"

Its gonna happen. You know it is.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Is it worth buying that salvage-o-matic thing? I've got 600 gems laying around an no idea what to spend it on. I could just trade it for 35 gold I guess, but I'm wondering if the convenience of the salvage machine is worth the cost, since it's on sale today.

Absolutely worth it. I have two.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

It's awesome, and if you're just wandering around the world solo doing map completion/hearts its nice because it's got a fun little robotic voice as it breaks things down into components! It's like not being alone!

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
Another dumb question: Does a sigil of Force and Accuracy stack if I use one on an offhand and one mainhand, or is only going to give me one of the benefits since they are same "type"?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Another dumb question: Does a sigil of Force and Accuracy stack if I use one on an offhand and one mainhand, or is only going to give me one of the benefits since they are same "type"?

They'll stack. Two Forces or Two Accuracies wouldn't, but one of each would just fine.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I think we need this again:

Really though I've missed the dragons ever since they started this awful scarlet stuff, but please anet please don't mix dragon lore with the scarlet poo poo. Don't ruin anymore of the lore I like :(

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

I decided to draw my asura thief girl. I wasn't really into the asura at first but they've really grown on me and their animations are top-notch.
And they're just so SASSY.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Monowhatever posted:

I think we need this again:

Really though I've missed the dragons ever since they started this awful scarlet stuff, but please anet please don't mix dragon lore with the scarlet poo poo. Don't ruin anymore of the lore I like :(

Scarlet is going to be one of the dragons or an agent of them like Shatterer, Claw, etc.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Captain Backslap posted:

Scarlet is going to be one of the dragons or an agent of them like Shatterer, Claw, etc.

She's the buttrock dragon.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

It is the best 600 gems I ever spent. It's so nice to be liberated from salvage kits - particularly when your inventory fills up from a big event like gates of arah, but the loot continues to flow freely.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I decided to draw my asura thief girl. I wasn't really into the asura at first but they've really grown on me and their animations are top-notch.
This is loving awesome.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Do you take commissions?

Cause this poo poo is awesome.

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012

Assuming this is true, I guess this was the answer to "We want our Dragon's back and get rid of Scarlet!". She will never die.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I quit back in June, and I've been wanting to jump back in but the big thing holding me back is all of the content I've missed since. Have they said anything about allowing players to revisit old Living Story stuff to get the achivements and skins?

Also, what are the chances I'll be able to finish this WvWvW Season One meta achievement by the time the season ends?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Do you take commissions?

Cause this poo poo is awesome.

Seconded.

Kessel posted:

If you're geared out (infused pinks where possible, normal pinks otherwise) and you just slap a +5 in everything you'll have 55 AR. That is more than enough AR to survive agony being thrown at you all the way up to 49. You will even be able to survive a hit of agony at 50 and be left with 10% of your health.

Unless you feel a dying need to be right on the top of that non-existent leaderboard, just sell the infusions and make bank off all the rich idiots who are frantically gluing them together.

Not true anymore! Putting a Versatile Simple Infusion in all eight Ascended slots gets you to 40 AR, but Infused rings and backs work differently now. They don't have the inherent +5, they instead have an Agony Infusion slot which is filled by the +1, +2, etc things. So, with eight Infusions for +5 each, you won't feel Agony until level 40. With three +5 Agony Infusions, for 55 AR, you won't feel agony until 50. Making those +5s into +10s, for 70 AR, you won't feel Agony even at 50.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I was pleasantly surprised by them too. At first I was just expecting the standard cutesy, wacky little race, but then...

The teeth! They have all the best lines, too.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

BexGu posted:

I thought all the dragons were 'awakened' at this point, though?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Male asura is probably the best voice acted character in the game, dude REALLY got into it.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I thought all the dragons were 'awakened' at this point, though?

There's a jungle themed dragon who has yet to show up.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jungle_dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

fadam posted:

I quit back in June, and I've been wanting to jump back in but the big thing holding me back is all of the content I've missed since. Have they said anything about allowing players to revisit old Living Story stuff to get the achivements and skins?

Also, what are the chances I'll be able to finish this WvWvW Season One meta achievement by the time the season ends?

The best you can hope for is revisting some of the content in fractals. No chance of getting the cheeves though.

Also you stand no chance of finishing the WvW stuff in 5 days unless you poopsock like no one has ever poopsocked before.

• Locked thread