Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Arlovski came out with two actual live pitbulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Yuriy posted:

Arlovski came out with two actual live pitbulls

Two dead pitbulls would send the wrong message

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Haha that dude's shadowboxing looks afwul.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

WSOF matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz posted:

I really feel bad for Ben Askren right now and the things he is going through. I love the sport so much, but sometimes I get disgusted with some of the things people do. You have this guy who is the Bellator champion and then you have this jerk from Bellator, Bjork Rebney or whatever his name is. He talks bad about Ben first saying he is 'boring' and 'one-dimensional' and he is their champion. The reason he is saying that is because he already knows in his mind he is going to release him. I think its disrespectful to Ben, the guy is an Olympian, there doesn't come a better athlete than this, and listen, he is a one-dimensional fighter but his last two fights were so exciting and the guy brings a lot to the table. H talks, has a good personality, stays active on social media and for Bellator to do that I think it was disgusting and an embarrassment for the sport to talk bad about your champion just because you know you're going to release him.

[...]

They did it in such a scummy, dirty, slimy way. The first thing Rebney did was say he is one-dimensional, that he isn't the most exciting, and then they released him on the 20th anniversary of UFC to make themselves relevant, because honestly, the Bellator name is not relevant in the media, that's just the reality of it. They could have been classy about it, they could have said 'good luck,' but they played this little game with UFC and it really hurt the guy [Askren], it didn't hurt Bellator. I think he did a lot for Bellator and I think it's wrong what they did. This is why I don't think they are going to last for long, the time is going to be coming soon for them to leave.

[...]

They don't put on fights anyone cares about except Alvarez vs. Chandler. Who cares about other fights? I don't care about it as an MMA fan and listen, I watched the Alvarez vs. Chandler fight because I knew every other fight on the undercard sucked. Realistically, Bellator doesn't have anyone that can fight Askren. We do, we have a lot more competition than they do.

[...]

Bjorn Rebney is just not a good guy, he's just not. I dealt with him when I managed guys and he is just not a good guy. I think Viacom is a great platform and Spike is amazing. I think people are more excited now to watch Glory than Bellator.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

So we in #mma are watching standout fighting tournament 2 ( http://www.sftmma.com.br/eua/index.php )

A man just walked in with a katana and sliced his sign in half. He has an eye-scar tattoo

Edit: He lost and is now 0-2

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 30, 2013

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

henkman posted:

Two dead pitbulls would send the wrong message

This ain't Bellator.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
After learning about Oplot's fighter selection policies, we need to start a kickstarter to fly me to the Ukraine so I can beat up an Eastern European child.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Dangersim posted:

After learning about Oplot's fighter selection policies, we need to start a kickstarter to fly me to the Ukraine so I can beat up an Eastern European child.

Way more productive investment than doobie's dogs

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Repost with updated links

Saturday B-League Update!

11/30/13 @6AM EST - RUFF 11 - http://sports.letv.com/zt/ruff/index.shtml or http://sports.youku.com/live1

Headlined by former Oplot fighter and semi-good prospect Bekbulat Magimedov vs an actual decent Chinese fighter Wang Guan.

11/30/13 @10AM EST - M-1 Challenge 44 - http://en.glaz.tv/online-tv/rossiya-2

Russian Buffer has a busy weekend!

11/30/13 @1PM EST - ProFC 52 - http://profc.ws/live-tv

11/30/13 @2PM EST - Oplot Challenge 90 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8OaW5ZaZ0

Join me in #mma on synirc.org to talk about weirdly compelling fights! For anyone else who wants to join the chat, the easiest way is to go here, http://cgiirc.synirc.net, enter a nickname, and #mma as the channel. Hope some more of you stop by, the more the merrier!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Yuriy posted:

A man just walked in with a katana and sliced his sign in half. He has an eye-scar tattoo

Edit: He lost and is now 0-2

Amazing

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

PROFC is live at http://profc.ws/live-tv

M1 is live at http://kaban.tv/rossiya-2-online

Sorry about the times, my sources were off.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Oplot Time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8OaW5ZaZ0

Join us in #mma to discuss, or in the YT chatbox

Elemennop
Dec 29, 2004

only the martyrs have their identities remembered. please remember me, i beg you!
drat, I should have checked out oplot earlier, fights haven't even started and it already owns. All the USSR nostalgia is making me tear up.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
What was the video about? I wasn't paying attention.

Elemennop
Dec 29, 2004

only the martyrs have their identities remembered. please remember me, i beg you!

origami posted:

What was the video about? I wasn't paying attention.

a fighter got murdered by a car I think, RIP

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Elemennop posted:

a fighter got murdered by a car I think, RIP

Yea, fighter was jogging with his headphones on and got hit by a car, so they had a moment of silence and Yvgeni urged the other fighters to be careful.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Ladies and German...

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

origami posted:

Ladies and German...

I know his English is a bit fractured but the dude started translating everything for the YouTube English viewers so I ain't gonna be a dick about his pronunciation and poo poo.

Cardo owns.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Some dude named Bearhammer just took a swig of beer before getting in the cage

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
OPLOT Heavyweights: Moe Howard is cock loving diesel

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Why is Dean Lister fighting in Oplot?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

While I haven't been able to see much Oplot should clearly be the UFCs feeder league.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
I'm apparently going to be too busy this week to make a huge :effort: post for the Invicta GDT. If Lobster Mobster or anyone else wants to make the GDT, feel free.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
So, Mr. Askren, thoroughly disgruntled with both Bellator and the UFC, and not liking being told to go fight in WSoF, is rumored to be moving to Singapore to take a job in Evolve MMA, presumably as their wrestling coach. This would make him pretty much a lock to fight in ONE FC, who if nothing else will at least pay him well to squash glorified cans.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that would be a loving awful waste of talent, it would be really shameful if that happened

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Even calling GSP out ruins careers.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bean Fried posted:

I'm apparently going to be too busy this week to make a huge :effort: post for the Invicta GDT. If Lobster Mobster or anyone else wants to make the GDT, feel free.

I'll give it a shot, unless anyone else wants it.

Expect the GDT sometime around Wednesday or Thursday, I guess?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bean Fried posted:

So, Mr. Askren, thoroughly disgruntled with both Bellator and the UFC, and not liking being told to go fight in WSoF, is rumored to be moving to Singapore to take a job in Evolve MMA, presumably as their wrestling coach. This would make him pretty much a lock to fight in ONE FC, who if nothing else will at least pay him well to squash glorified cans.

I heard the whole "Go fight in WSOF" line but just assumed that was typical Dana bullshit and that we were going to see him in the UFC soon.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I heard the whole "Go fight in WSOF" line but just assumed that was typical Dana bullshit and that we were going to see him in the UFC soon.

the whole idea was that if he beats some ufc castoffs and is no longer a "bellator guy" then any success he had in the ufc wouldn't legitimse bellator, and as a result one of the best and most unique wrestlers in the sport is going to fight phil baroni and some guy from guam with one eye and one leg

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the whole idea was that if he beats some ufc castoffs and is no longer a "bellator guy" then any success he had in the ufc wouldn't legitimse bellator, and as a result one of the best and most unique wrestlers in the sport is going to fight phil baroni and some guy from guam with one eye and one leg

Beating Neil Magny and a few Brazilian TUF guys on the facebook prelims does the same thing without any contract nonsense, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Where ever Askren goes, a wrestlefucking is sure to follow. And I will cheer.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the whole idea was that if he beats some ufc castoffs and is no longer a "bellator guy" then any success he had in the ufc wouldn't legitimse bellator

I'm pretty sure another part of it is that the UFC wanted some footage to promote him with coming in; they can't use Bellator footage and he's had like three fights ever that weren't in Bellator.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

I'm pretty sure another part of it is that the UFC wanted some footage to promote him with coming in; they can't use Bellator footage and he's had like three fights ever that weren't in Bellator.

I imagine Joe Silva would grab a mop and a singlet and make monster noises while filming an Askren highlight reel in his basement.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Didn't they bring in Lombard without really "legitimizing" Bellator?

They wanted to bring in Alvarez too I'm not sure why Askren gets the rough treatment.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TheReverend posted:

Didn't they bring in Lombard without really "legitimizing" Bellator?

They wanted to bring in Alvarez too I'm not sure why Askren gets the rough treatment.

There was a lot of weird posturing by Bjorn once Askren won the Koreshkov fight and made it clear he was done with Bellator, and Dana seems like the kind of guy that would go out of his way not to play into his hand.

I'm sure there are a lot of contributing factors that play into the overall decision to not sign Askren. Be it his widely regarded boring style, money, Bjorn nonsense, and not legitimizing a second tier organization.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

I'll give it a shot, unless anyone else wants it.

Expect the GDT sometime around Wednesday or Thursday, I guess?

Would it be okay to make it Thursday in case I change my mind? I'll try and throw up some stuff in here to cut & paste if that helps...

Hugely appreciated either way.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bean Fried posted:

Would it be okay to make it Thursday in case I change my mind? I'll try and throw up some stuff in here to cut & paste if that helps...

Hugely appreciated either way.

Sure!

In other B-League news, I just found out that this Saturday's World Series of Fighting card will feature the return of Kalib "Running Man" Starnes. I am so excited.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

LobsterMobster posted:

this Saturday's World Series of Fighting card will feature the return of Kalib "Running Man" Starnes.

This, precisely, is why Ben Askren refused to sign with the promotion.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I could just imagine Joe Silva salivating at the thought of throwing him in there with all the wrestleboxers at 170 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I could just imagine Joe Silva salivating at the thought of throwing him in there with all the wrestleboxers at 170 too.

Yeah, give him a good highlight reel and see how he does versus Mike Pierce or The Dong. Makes sense to me, I dunno.