Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Reiley posted:

1950's Steelport would be an excellent setting for an A Christmas Story-style mission featuring kid boss.

Home alone, Saints edition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

The Deadly Hume posted:

I just realised we need a Nyteblayde game. As in, no breaking the fourth wall, except it would be the whole ridiculous saga played out with an overwrought vampire hunter emoing it up everywhere.

I still think it needs the 'parachute from the roof to fight aliens' scene in EtD. maybe as a side mission, but Nyteblade yelling 'I'M COMING FOR YOU!!! ZINYAK!!!' was awesome and we need more of that in the world.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So has anyone tried the element of explosions yet?

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
From the Saint's Row facebook, one of the winners of the costume dlc contest:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
That's pretty great. I could the Boss running around like that.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Reiley posted:

1950's Steelport would be an excellent setting for an A Christmas Story-style mission featuring kid boss.

That mission better end with someone shooting their eye out :colbert:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Howard Beale posted:

That mission better end with someone shooting their eye out :colbert:

Robo-Shaundi in the screenshot DID have a cybernetic eye...

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Robo-Shaundi in the screenshot DID have a cybernetic eye...

Haha my thoughts exactly.

Just finished playing ETD. I laughed out loud more times than I think I can remember ever playing a video game. This series. :allears:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Just picked this up off the big Amazon sale. What DLCs are/are not included in the Season Pass? Is it just the two story ones, or does it include the various costume/weapon packs?

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Enter the Dominatrix, the Rectifier weapon, and the upcoming Saints Save Christmas dlc are all that is included in season pass.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

So I can't play this game because of the "app already running" error. I see a ton of complaints about it going back to September 23rd or so, but no actual solutions that work. Anyone got any help for me :shobon:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
God drat Saints Row 4 is great. Everything about it is fun. I even like the Insurance Fraud challenges now that I can supersprint and eventually get ragdolling across the ground faster than I can fly through the air. :allears:

Everything about this game just gets better and better. :drat:
And the black hole gun is pretty boss.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Insurance Fraud is really good in SRIV. It was always my favorite minigame in these games, but it's better than ever now that you have superpowers.

I like to put on The Mix (or my Spotify playlist called "THE MIX" which has all of the cheesiest 80s/90s/00s hits) and just roll around forever.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So I just played the Enter the Dominatrix DLC. (Or ETD as Zinyak likes to call it)

That poo poo was *hilarious*. I'm totally stoked for the XMas DLC.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Drifter posted:

God drat Saints Row 4 is great. Everything about it is fun. I even like the Insurance Fraud challenges now that I can supersprint and eventually get ragdolling across the ground faster than I can fly through the air. :allears:

The superpowered Insurance Fraud is pretty hilarious, just because of the major air your body can get even without Adrenaline. I think I went halfway across Steelport at one point from an impact.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Just starting Saints Row 3 - a game that originally turned me off the series. Luckily a friend persuaded me to try SR4 and I had a blast just dicking around with the first few missions.

Anyway, I also replayed Saints row 1 and 2 for the first time since their release and I'm amazed at how well they hold up. They run hilariously poorly (my 360 is rickety to begin with) but the writing and varied scenarios really do hold up well.

So I check out Saints Row 3's DLC, and it triggered one big pet peeve of mine - publishers never discounting the price of anything but the main game. Its been years since SR3, I can pick up the game for ten dollars online, but they expect me to pay TWENTY dollars for a measly nine missions?

I youtube'd the DLC for Saints row 2 and it looked thrown together, ill conceived, and way too short. Does SR3 or 4 do better?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Narcissus1916 posted:

I youtube'd the DLC for Saints row 2 and it looked thrown together, ill conceived, and way too short. Does SR3 or 4 do better?

SR3's DLC varies wildly in quality:
Genkibowl: adds some extra activities (that are pretty decent) and related unlockables without any real plot.
Gangstas in Space: is a short set of side missions that are mostly annoying as they don't carry much back to the main game
Trouble with Clones: Probably the best of the three. Has some good jokes and some pretty fun missions.

As for 4, the only substantial DLC that's come out for it is Enter the Dominatrix, which was content cut from SR4 when it was rolled into a full sequel instead of an expansion pack. The humour is outstanding in it (90% of it is fourth wall breaking commentary by the Saints about why the content was cut) and the missions themselves are decent if not standouts compared to the base game.

The second DLC, however, called The Saints Save Christmas sounds amazing and might justify buying the season pass on its own. It comes out on Dec 11th.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Have they planned another story DLC, outside of How The Saints Saved X-Mas?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

SynthOrange posted:

So has anyone tried the element of explosions yet?

Hilariously overpowered, there's a reason the little element icon is a mushroom cloud.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Young Freud posted:

A few months back, somebody found a picture from the Volition offices that had a bunch of DLC names and release dates up on a blackboard, and I remember there being about six or seven things there, maybe. Although it's possible a bunch of those were some of the smaller packs we've already seen.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Young Freud posted:

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing actually confirmed beyond the two story DLCs promised by the season pass.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Crappy Jack posted:

A few months back, somebody found a picture from the Volition offices that had a bunch of DLC names and release dates up on a blackboard, and I remember there being about six or seven things there, maybe. Although it's possible a bunch of those were some of the smaller packs we've already seen.

There were 6 items on the list

1. "Hillbilly/Dub/Pres" - Released, Grass Roots pack, Presidential pack, Dubstep Gun Remix pack.
2. GAT V - Released
3. Enter the Dominatrix - Released
4. Super Powers - Probably the Powers DLC, or the Comics and Costume DLC packs
5. Saints Save Xmas - Announced
6. Sports - Nothing yet, probably a costume pack.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

3rd Street Saints vs Zin Empire in a no holds barred basketball match.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

A radio station that plays "Sports" on loop.

...I'd buy it

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
I haven't really been paying attention to modding - is there a mission replay mod yet?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

SynthOrange posted:

Yes.

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

...I'd buy it

No.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

THE CHORSE posted:

I haven't really been paying attention to modding - is there a mission replay mod yet?

No. Modders have found the engine is extremely difficult to get that functionality working in.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

An equippable basketball that does the death from above nuke. Chaos dunk time.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

gently caress you say? Sports was the best music for rampages. :colbert:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I find that this game runs like trash, even on the lowest settings :(

My old Radeon HD 6900 is above the recommended specs and my RAM/CPU are way beyond them, I even tried using the latest beta catalyst drivers but that didn't help

Also I got the Super Saints DLC pack, but which shop do you actually get to buy them from? I tried a Let's Pretend and a few other random places but no luck

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

My game hard crashes during the opening cinematic which is apparently just something it does if you have a 6870 GPU. Are there any known fixes? It's the bad kind of crash that crashes the entire computer. This is a pretty cool bug to run into especially since people have been saying this is their best PC port yet.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

...I'd buy it

No, add it to every single station, but only give it half the normal chance to play.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
All the Sports package is adding the "HE'S ON FIRE!" sound effect from NBA Jam when people get hit with fire blast.

......I'd still buy it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

SynthOrange posted:

An equippable basketball that does the death from above nuke. Chaos dunk time.

That is a reference I would absolutely expect Volition to make.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I also picked up the season pass while the sale's on. I believe the DLC speaks for itself.

"Total. Batshit."

Can't wait for Christmas.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Mokinokaro posted:

No. Modders have found the engine is extremely difficult to get that functionality working in.

I don't like this answer so I'm going to ignore it and believe in IdolNinja's superpowers instead. :colbert:
I think the Boss would do the same thing, only there would be more explosions and dubstep.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

SynthOrange posted:

Which Murray would show up for a cameo? Bryan Doyle or straight up Bill?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

...I'd buy it

A new dubstep gun.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

THE CHORSE posted:

I don't like this answer so I'm going to ignore it and believe in IdolNinja's superpowers instead. :colbert:
I think the Boss would do the same thing, only there would be more explosions and dubstep.

We're in the process of exposing more of the internal C functions to lua so we can actually make mission replay work. It is most definitely coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

IdolNinja posted:

We're in the process of exposing more of the internal C functions to lua so we can actually make mission replay work. It is most definitely coming.

When you say 'we' do you mean as a modder or as a Volition employee and this is realistically something we'd see officially available down the line?

As a console player, I can only hope :shobon:

• Locked thread