Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Took a loss this week while compiling one of my highest scoring weeks of the season. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yay for 1st overall seed barring Steven Haushka getting like 30 points tonight

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
The Buffalo Bills-like legacy of the Hot Dog Heroes lives on for another season

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

bbf2 posted:

Looks like a tough week ahead for JetsGuy, there's going to be lots of tiebreakers it looks like.

Lucky for me, the tiebreakers in the consolation bracket don't always have to be broken.

Like a lot of times I'll get say two 4-9 teams playing each other. If they're playing each other regardless, the order doesn't matter then!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
3-10!!

(if Marshawn Lynch doesn't explode tonight)

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So once again, we're depending on the Gun Emporium to defend the honor of the Dan Marino division.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My first under .500 season.

This sucks. :(

Go Montana representative go.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Silly Burrito posted:

Go Montana representative go.

Well I've been falling apart the last few weeks, somehow fell into the playoffs still. I will do my best to set non-moronic lineups.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

wasianchickn posted:

Well I've been falling apart the last few weeks, somehow fell into the playoffs still. I will do my best to set non-moronic lineups.

You of course managed to bench a QB that would have won you the game. It's looking like you'll get a WC spot at least?

EDIT:
Once the scores go through tonight, I'll do the playoffs tomorrow morning.

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK BITCHES.

EDIT2:
God loving damnit, I just realized my half point loss to Mrs. Burrito last week is going to end up being the tie breaker that fucks me out of the tiebreaker this year.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 3, 2013

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

FlyWhiteBoy posted:

If you want to break 150 points, just play me. 2 weeks in a row...

Just quotin' this to shame FlyWhiteBoy as his last post was back in mid-September.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
What a scrub.

With the same record as me.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

ESPN suggests I just squeaked in. I wonder if I really got in :ohdear:

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Welp my team fell apart. Thanks for nothing, Ridley. Next year: no patriot players. Last year it was the murderer. This year, Ridley.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

JetsGuy posted:

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK BITCHES.

Wait I pay for this poo poo? ffffffff

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

commish posted:

Welp my team fell apart. Thanks for nothing, Ridley. Next year: no patriot players. Last year it was the murderer. This year, Ridley.

I blame you for the death of Odin Lloyd and Stevan Ridley's fumbles.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I actually had to work today. Doing it right now though. STAY TUNED!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
It was pretty easy this year! Turns out that despite the Chickins handing Palmer a chance to get into the playoffs, Palmer lost and let Chickins back in.

Only two tie-breakers for the WCs even! The procedures are here: http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

For AFC, WC2:
Tiebreaker between Bubblicious and Cows. Cows has the better conference record, so yay for them!

For NFC, WC2:
Tiebreaker between the Vultures and Palmer. Palmer has the better conference record (I'm sorry darkwolf :( ).

So here's the playoffs:

AFC

1) PoM
4) Cows

2) gun Emporium
3) Freenys

NFC

1) Peppercorns
4) Palmer

2) Chickins
3) Sleepers

-------------------------------------

Ok, so like always the tie breakers stop making sense in the consolation ladder as we're now dealing with cross-conference stuff. I just used W-L with points as the tiebreaker here.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
:siren: AS ALWAYS LEMME KNOW IF YOU THINK I MADE A MISTAKE :siren:

I make a lot of them. Doesn't it make you sleep well at night to know I've written code for NASA spacecraft? :v:

EDIT:
I also always try my best to get to these as soon as possible, so sorry again to darkwolf.

EDIT2:

I'd also like to say for the record only 4 teams in the whole goddamned league scored more points than my team and I didn't make the playoffs. :mad:

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

JetsGuy posted:

I'd also like to say for the record only 4 teams in the whole goddamned league scored more points than my team and I didn't make the playoffs. :mad:

I'm not one of them.

:)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hey, darkwolf.... :nyd:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

One of my 3 wins. :smugdog:

RGIII's bye week

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So only one Dan Marinoian and 3 Namaths in the AFC?

Namaths, you know what you have to do. You have no excuses this year. :colbert:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

So only one Dan Marinoian and 3 Namaths in the AFC?

Namaths, you know what you have to do. You have no excuses this year. :colbert:

:smug: Luckily its the guy who's coattails we've been riding the whole time.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Nothing I post doesn't sound like whining or sour grapes, so I just won't. Glad this shitshow is over now. Can't wait for this shitshow to start up next year.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Nothing I post doesn't sound like whining or sour grapes, so I just won't. Glad this shitshow is over now. Can't wait for this shitshow to start up next year.

Please whine or have sour grapes so I look less bad when I inevitably start whining/going all sour grapes. 1.4 POINTS

halonx
May 4, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

For AFC, WC2:
Tiebreaker between Bubblicious and Cows. Cows has the better conference record, so yay for them!

Woo! First playoffs appearance!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

darkwolf220 posted:

Glad you're coming back.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Well, I guess I can just console myself with the fact that I'm not last in the league and I brought JetsGuy down a peg. Yay, mediocrity.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Braksgirl posted:

Well, I guess I can just console myself with the fact that I'm not last in the league and I brought JetsGuy down a peg. Yay, mediocrity.

Mrs Burrito is going to be traded over so she's in the same division as Burrito next year. :mad:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JetsGuy posted:

Mrs Burrito is going to be traded over so she's in the same division as Burrito next year. :mad:

You should make them play each other every week next year. We can than have a betting pool for when the divorce proceedings start.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

jabro posted:

You should make them play each other every week next year. We can than have a betting pool for when the divorce proceedings start.

Week 6

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

jabro posted:

What you fail to realize here is that fantasy football matchups between the two of us are like an aphrodisiac. You'd really be helping us out.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

I look forward to bringing glory to the Bart Starr division :patriot:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Hey, there is an idea. Let the winner of this league reshuffle the divisions any way they want for next year. Let's see how well Jetsguy does when he has to root for the Namaths. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

What you fail to realize here is that fantasy football matchups between the two of us are like an aphrodisiac. You'd really be helping us out.

Just calling Ben Tate "The Tater" never fails to put that mischievious glint in Mrs. Burrito's eyes.

Also Jimmy Graham makes her swoon.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

chrix posted:

Let's get a rematch for next week, I want revenge on Tiquan Underwood.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

chrix posted:

God speed, Starr strength

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey, there is an idea. Let the winner of this league reshuffle the divisions any way they want for next year. Let's see how well Jetsguy does when he has to root for the Namaths. :)

It's a fun idea man, but I gotta say no. :laugh:

When the league went into Season 2, the season where we lost the most people, I agued for keeping the divisions so that we could build up some intra-division rivalries. Instead, we've gotten inter-division rivalries, and it's awesome.

PS - I always root for the Namaths. :smug:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Just calling Ben Tate "The Tater" never fails to put that mischievious glint in Mrs. Burrito's eyes.

Also Jimmy Graham makes her swoon.

I'm now picturing Burrito wearing a Jimmy Graham jersey demanding to be called "TE Jimmy" as he's bedding Mrs. Burrito. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Jimmy is my football husband, I won't lie. He's gonna call me. I just know he's into dumpy, slightly past their prime stay at home moms.

• Locked thread