Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how moist is this mouthfeel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Qualities perceived [edit]

• Cohesiveness: Degree to which the sample deforms before rupturing when biting with molars.
• Density: Compactness of cross section of the sample after biting completely through with the molars.
• Dryness: Degree to which the sample feels dry in the mouth.
• Fracturability: Force with which the sample crumbles, cracks or shatters. Fracturability encompasses crumbliness, crispiness, crunchiness and brittleness.
• Graininess: Degree to which a sample contains small grainy particles.
• Gumminess: Energy required to disintegrate a semi-solid food to a state ready for swallowing.
• Hardness: Force required to deform the product to given distance, i.e., force to compress between molars, bite through with incisors, compress between tongue and palate.
• Heaviness: Weight of product perceived when first placed on tongue.
• Moisture absorption: Amount of saliva absorbed by product.
• Moisture release: Amount of wetness/juiciness released from sample.
• Mouthcoating: Type and degree of coating in the mouth after mastication (for example, fat/oil).
• Roughness: Degree of abrasiveness of product's surface perceived by the tongue.
• Slipperiness: Degree to which the product slides over the tongue.
• Smoothness: Absence of any particles, lumps, bumps, etc., in the product.
• Uniformity: Degree to which the sample is even throughout; homogeneity.
• Uniformity of Bite: Evenness of force through bite.
• Uniformity of Chew: Degree to which the chewing characteristics of the product are even throughout mastication.
• Viscosity: Force required to draw a liquid from a spoon over the tongue.
• Wetness: Amount of moisture perceived on product's surface.

how to know you have no real problems.txt

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

The sandwich was named by the scientists of the Royal Society of Chemistry "Britain's cheapest lunchtime meal" in November 2011, with the cost cited as being as low as 7.5 UK pence per sandwich.[2] The reality of this claim, however, has been questioned.[citation needed]

:rolleye:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Yodzilla posted:

The sandwich was named by the scientists of the Royal Society of Chemistry "Britain's cheapest lunchtime meal" in November 2011, with the cost cited as being as low as 7.5 UK pence per sandwich.[2] The reality of this claim, however, has been questioned.[citation needed]

:rolleye:
if they were able to cite it i don't see how the claim's reality is in doubt

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mouthfeel&diff=512787944&oldid=512762136

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

if they cited it i don't see how the claim's reality is in doubt

the claim is cited, but the criticism of the claim isn't

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i'm not a complete british poor so i eat bacon butties instead of toast sandwiches

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

the claim is cited, but the criticism of the claim isn't
the claim exists. that's reality. :ssh:

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Sham bam bamina! posted:

"whoa" - jimmy wales, founder of wikipedia

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

:doh:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

McShain wrestled as a "tough guy"; he proudly advertised his list of injuries to demonstrate the amount of punishment his body could take. He was also known for blading, as he often cut his own forehead during matches to draw blood.[4] McShain was a stiff worker, as he put legitimate force behind his punches and made contact with his opponents rather than pretending to hit them. He used a piledriver as one of his ring moves, in which he would hold his opponents upside-down and then drop them head-first to the ring floor. On two occasions, McShain's opponents were killed as a result of injuries from the move.[4]

McShain used a cocky strut to anger opponents and spectators. His brother-in-law Donn Lewin stated that the strut was so arrogant that it "made you want to kill him" and that he walked the same way in real life.[3][4] McShain was arrested once after starting a riot by spitting tobacco juice from his trademark cigar on an opponent. His behavior was considered so inappropriate that he was summoned to appear in front of the Texas Gaming Commission.[4] He was also the subject of another inquiry, as he changed the pre-planned outcome of a bout mid-way through the match. Because there was a championship on the line and two promoters were arguing over the wrestling territory in which the match took place, the United States Department of Justice became involved. The match was the origin of the rule used in many promotions that prevents a title belt from changing hands when the match ends with a disqualification.[4]

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

hacker news is a good website

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

El Negocio posted:

Australia's Naughtiest Home Videos – The series was cancelled by its network midway through its first airing. Kerry Packer, Australian media magnate and owner of the broadcaster Nine Network, saw the show whilst out at dinner with friends, and reportedly phoned Nine central control personally, ordering them to "Get that poo poo off the air!" The network complied and immediately replaced it with reruns of Cheers, citing "technical difficulties." Packer arrived at the network the next day and again referred to the show as "disgusting and offensive poo poo." The show itself largely consisted of videos of animals having sex interspersed with off color jokes from the show's host, former 2MMM morning host "Uncle" Doug Mulray. The show would not be seen in its entirety until 2008, three years after Packer's death.[217]

ahahaha oh man

The content of the videos included shots of animal genitalia, humans or animals humorously engaging in sexual intercourse, people who get accidentally and humorously disrobed, and other situations that often relied on gross-out humour, including a child grabbing a kangaroo's testicles, a man lifting a barbell with his penis, a man getting his head squeezed between an erotic dancer's large breasts, an elderly woman removing an envelope from a stripper's undergarments with her dentures, two people running into water with flaming pieces of toilet paper hanging from their buttocks, and two people filmed having sex in the middle of a park.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
to be fair those sound pretty naughty, good job i guess??

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
they do indeed. aus keeping it classy

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
holy poo poo it's Australian Shatner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-p5J4kGyDQ

e: this is some dregs right here

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 2, 2013

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

holy poo poo it's Australian Shatner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-p5J4kGyDQ

e: this is some dregs right here

holy poo poo, it really is aussie shatner

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
In a 1994 segment, Rooney attracted controversy with his remarks on Kurt Cobain's suicide. He expressed his dismay that the death of Richard Nixon was overshadowed by Cobain's suicide, stating that he had never heard of Cobain or his band, Nirvana. He went on to say that Cobain's suicide made him angry. "A lot of people would like to have the years left that he threw away," Rooney said. "What's all this nonsense about how terrible life is?" he asked, adding rhetorically to a young woman who had wept at the suicide, "I'd love to relieve the pain you're going through by switching my age for yours." In addition, he asked "What would all these young people be doing if they had real problems like a Depression, World War II or Vietnam?" and commented that "If [Cobain] applied the same brain to his music that he applied to his drug-infested life, it's reasonable to think that his music may not have made much sense either."[22]

In a 2007 column for Tribune media services, he wrote, "I know all about Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, but today's baseball stars are all guys named Rodriguez to me." Rooney later commented, "Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said it, [but] it's a name that seems common in baseball now. I certainly didn't think of it in any derogatory sense."[15]

In 1990, Rooney was suspended without pay for three months by then-CBS News President David Burke, because of the negative publicity around his saying that "too much alcohol, too much food, drugs, homosexual unions, cigarettes [are] all known to lead to premature death."[17] He wrote an explanatory letter to a gay organization after being ordered not to do so. After only four weeks without Rooney, 60 Minutes lost 20 percent of its audience. CBS management then decided that it was in the best interest of the network to have Rooney return immediately.[18]

He claimed on Larry King Live to have a liberal bias, stating, "There is just no question that I, among others, have a liberal bias. I mean, I'm consistently liberal in my opinions."

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
totally right about cobain

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

madeupfred posted:

He wrote an explanatory letter to a gay organization after being ordered not to do so.

lmao

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
curdt kobane probably wouldn't have killed himself if he'd known what the reaction would be, v. ironic that his death would maximize everything that he hated about his life

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
lol if u think cobain's death was a suicide

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

lol if u think cobain's death was a suicide
yeah but i bet you think paul mccartney's still alive. who's, the sucker now? :smug:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

yeah but i bet you think paul mccartney's still alive. who's, the sucker now? :smug:

the wrong two beatles died first

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

rip shemp you were taken before your time.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

u'd rather have george than paul???

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Werthog 95 posted:

u'd rather have george than paul???

hell yes, why wouldnt you

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

"mouthfeel" is the creepiest-sounding word

review:
INGSOC ration sweetbread: mouthfeel is doubleplusgood

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

AtomD posted:

sweetbread
isn't that like a cow thyroid or something

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh it's the thymus, thanks wikipedia

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh it's the thymus, thanks wikipedia

its delicious thats what it fuckin is

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

mouthfeel is the worst

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
toast sandwich

literally a slice of bread between two other slices of bread

this is a thing that has a name and a place in the culture of britain

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toilet Clam posted:

toast sandwich

literally a slice of bread between two other slices of bread

this is a thing that has a name and a place in the culture of britain

more appealing than haggis

or blood pudding

or kidneys

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
blood pudding is actually pretty good tho

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Intra-operative gross photograph of the spleen attached to the left testis in a 1-year old boy

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

TINA TURNER posted:

Intra-operative gross photograph of the spleen attached to the left testis in a 1-year old boy

no.

no no no no

no

no no no

nope.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
haggis is delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

prefect posted:

more appealing than haggis

or blood pudding

or kidneys

okay, keep thinkin that dude. it just means more for the rest of us.